• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

7 hours ago, KrissiK said:

Good Morning!!

COFFEE!!~D

Tuesday!!!

Work for me,DH and DS. School for the girls. I guess i will call the doctor for DD1. She has something…. I don’t know what, but she’s getting worse. it is so hard to know with her, since she has a tendency to be a bit of a hypochondriac. 

Doctor won’t see her unless she takes a Covid test. hmph.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

I think every person should have some kind of dance lessons. Or something. I have a new student in my hula class (78yo) who has never done any kind of dance in her life. She does not know how to move her body. She is unaware of what her right hand is doing when she's doing something with her left hand. I've seen this before, too, so she is not unique.

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, Ellie said:

I think every person should have some kind of dance lessons. Or something. I have a new student in my hula class (78yo) who has never done any kind of dance in her life. She does not know how to move her body. She is unaware of what her right hand is doing when she's doing something with her left hand. I've seen this before, too, so she is not unique.

That would be me. And I agree with you, some sort of dance lessons should be mandatory. I am completely uncoordinated and don't know how to move my body. Painfully awkward are descriptors that come to mind.

• Like 6

I did gymnastics as a child. I lasted one day in ballet then the teacher told my mom to enroll me in gymnastics because I had WAAY too much energy for ballet.

None of my kids are coordinated.

Did shopping and washed my car. Now it’s blue instead of pollen yellow.

Edited by Green Bean
  • Like 5

I did random dance classes as a child like tap, jazz, twirling, tumbling, etc. I did much better in ballet as an adult. I just couldn't "just do this" I liked that ballet told me exactly what to do where to put all my body parts, and which muscles to engage and exactly what each position and movement should feel like. 

I've also realized I'm less clumsy on the ice than I am on solid ground. Too bad my family didn't have the money to let me do ice skating as a child.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, KrissiK said:

Doctor won’t see her unless she takes a Covid test. hmph.

Our clinic will send a nurse to the car (parked outside the clinic) and they do one of those 15 minute tests right there. If it's negative, you can go in. Her doctor won't perform the test?

1 hour ago, KrissiK said:

That would be me. And I agree with you, some sort of dance lessons should be mandatory. I am completely uncoordinated and don't know how to move my body. Painfully awkward are descriptors that come to mind.

I like certain types of dance. But even when I do things like Zumba, some moves are still uncomfortable. Painfully awkward is me doing country dance. I purposely do Country Heat (a country dance workout program) just to move me out of my comfort zone. 

1 hour ago, Green Bean said:

I did gymnastics as a child. I lasted one day in ballet then the teacher told my mom to enroll me in gymnastics because I had WAAY too much energy for ballet.

None of my kids are coordinated.

Did shopping and washed my car. Now it’s blue instead of pollen yellow.

Dancer is my dancer (ballet, modern, jazz) and Gymnast is my gymnast. I saw from young ages (3 years) how their body moved and what fit them. I still put Gymnast in creative movement, and later summer dance camps, because dance is good for the body. She was not comfortable doing things like ballet. I put her gymnastics for a while, but it's a million times more expensive than dance (sliding scale at our studio) so couldn't keep it up. Now she dances, but it's more...like, Broadway style, I think.

I always wanted to do dance when I was young, but never did.

25 minutes ago, Junie said:

Does Tai Chi count as dance?  That's the closest I've come.

I never thought I'd like Tai Chi until I started to do it. I really enjoy it. It probably doesn't count as dance, but it does take coordination.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, KrissiK said:

I took 20 blueberry muffins out of the oven at 8:00 pm last night.  It is 12:39 pm, PST right now. There are 4 left. Svengo. I really don’t know who ate them all.

So exactly one muffin an hour is disappearing in a household of, like, 6 people? If anything, someone may have baked you extras!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

I got 3 or 4 more birds in my Life List.

We went to the gulf side beach and splashed about in the waves and flew a kite and made sand fortresses and bridges and moats, etc. 

Once again, despite their recent declaration of being now open 7 days a week, Pirate's Pizza and Wings was closed.  So we went next door and had burgers and bbq and fried shrimp, etc.  I had a fried fish po boy that was so huge I had to cut the fish in half just to get it into the sandwich.  It was very tasty.

Now it's time for The Last Crusade.  We had planned to watch it last night but got caught up playing Scum.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I like Tai Chi.  I usually do some before doing my yoga because it feels similar to me.   There are lots of videos of Tai Chi and Qigong on youtube.   I think it's good for coordination because a lot of the moves cross the midline, plus they are slow and controlled and flowy.   I know it's supposed to be really good for balance.  

Oldest dd did dance starting when she was 2 1/2, competed from 4 years old until she graduated high school, then was on her college dance team for 4 years.   So yeah, she's a dancer.  

Younger dd does tai kwon do and has a similar awareness of what her body is doing but not with the grace and poise that older dd does from dance. 

• Like 5

I wish I would have kept dd in ballet. Covid combined with dislike of the boredom (which I shared from my childhood) phased her out of dance.

My U/S scan was ok, but I asked to watch from the monitor and I suspect there's something in the uterus. Looked like something to me and they were snapping 3D pics from it. Maybe it's just a fibroid. I was pretty weirded out when the senior tech left the room and put her hand on my shoulder and said "best of luck." What in the world? I finally asked the 2nd tech if she said that to everyone and was told that she did. But still, I wonder.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

I did 22 min on the treadmill tonight. First time I've used it in a very long time. 1.25 mi in 22 min. I actually hit 1 mi at 17 min. A 17 minute mile. Sigh. I probably could've gone a bit faster but didn't want to lose my supper either. At least I had 2nd workout today. I think need to do 2 workouts and eat more instead of 1 workout and eating less. I got my thyroid test results and it is normal. I'm 10 lbs over my pre pregnancy weight.

We had a costco chicken Thanksgiving style tonight.

I forgot to tell about dd. Last night, dh took ds to scouts and I took baby dd and other ds to his last game (yay!). While we were gone (but my mom was there), dd folded my basket of towels, vacuumed, washed the dishes and completely cleaned the kitchen. Nothing on the counters when I got home. Was such a nice surprise!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, KrissiK said:

i’m thinking of leaning how to dance, actually. There’s advertisements for Body Groove on FB and i really want to dance like that. I have no idea what Body Groove is. Probably a scam.

There are some free videos on youtube.  I've been thinking of trying a few of them.  I like to dance but I'm not very good at it so I prefer to do things from video on my own rather than classes.  

I like the Fitness Marshall dance videos.   He is hilarious, they are fun but not hard to follow, and one of his backup dancers is actually a bigger girl so you don't feel like your just watching super fit young people.  

• Like 6

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!~D

Humph Day!!

School and work.

Baby’s school is having an awards assembly this morning. She’s getting an academic award. I should go, but it involves people and parking lots and all sorts of things that really stress me out. And I have a lot to do for work. But Mommy Guilt is real.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

....looks delicious! I was worried it might be a new brand of fake sugar, but it's not!

Question: How do you get the sugar to stay on top of the muffins instead of getting swallowed up by the batter when it's in the oven?

Just sprinkle it on right before you bake. Some gets swallowed up a little, but most stays on top and gives it a little golden crunchy topping. It's a game changer.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, Junie said:

I survived math.

And I cleaned part of a bathroom.  (Tub and shower will have to wait for another day.)

I just need to hold on until lunch and then I can take a nap.

Tub and shower are the things I need to clean. Gee, thanks for the reminder...

Let me go spray something in there, and ya'll remind me to go back to wash it down...or else!

Or else I'll forget...

Edited by Renai
  • Like 5

@Junie I'm on to you, lady. You knew full well that starting with the tub would lead to the rest of the bathroom, that's why you left it for last, eh? Not telling anyone was all part of the plan, I see. 

Well, I now know your diabolical plan, Junie. 👹

Never again. Never. Again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

55 minutes ago, Renai said:

@Junie I'm on to you, lady. You knew full well that starting with the tub would lead to the rest of the bathroom, that's why you left it for last, eh? Not telling anyone was all part of the plan, I see. 

Well, I now know your diabolical plan, Junie. 👹

Never again. Never. Again.

So sorry. It wasn't intentional. :)

I always clean bathrooms this way.  I run out of energy long before the job is finished, so I've just learned to divide it up.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Wheres Toto said:

There are some free videos on youtube.  I've been thinking of trying a few of them.  I like to dance but I'm not very good at it so I prefer to do things from video on my own rather than classes.  

I like the Fitness Marshall dance videos.   He is hilarious, they are fun but not hard to follow, and one of his backup dancers is actually a bigger girl so you don't feel like your just watching super fit young people.  

If I do dance fitness videos, will that teach me how to dance?  I am a dancing ignoramus.  Maybe Krissi's dancer wannabe soul sister.

• Like 3

Edit tmi

We did go to the library before all the commotion and I got lots of St Pat's and Easter books. I'm thinking about making italian egg bread this year. My Italian grandmother used to make it, but I never have.

Edited by Dianthus
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Susan in TN said:

Happy International Women's Day! 🎉😂

Ds27 had a paid day off work today because the entire company closed for International Women's Day.  I didn't even know that was a thing.

I didn't either, until today. I am celebrating by making dinner. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1