Menu

Ignore this thread!

25 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Then I got home and dove right into the giant shrub-tree.  

i read that as “drove” and started wondering if Susan and the church ladies had a little more than just chicken salad for lunch.

😂🍹🍹🍹

Oooh, I got a Booya/h!! Woohoo-ya/h!!

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

8 hours ago, Dianthus said:

I have so much more energy today. I think it's because I've been eating more the last 2 days. I think the workouts and dieting may have been too much together. I started eating seaweed on Tuesday, for the iodine, but it can't be working yet. Must be the caloric intake.

I got pretty annoyed when I went to Dr's office and they weighed me 4 lbs over what I'd just weighed at home. Combining that with the fact that my issues maybe thyroid or hormonal, I decided to eat more. Nothing crazy like sugar or bread, but I had 2 eggs instead of plain oatmeal, and I ate more at dinner time. 

I felt great and did a longer, sweat inducing workout today. The last 5 days I've been workout out but felt I was barely moving. Maybe everything will get normal.

Yes, you need the protein to feed your muscles when you're exercising more. Two eggs is just one serving, which is normal. The oatmeal is a simple carb and will leave you hungry and your muscles tired (if you exercise in the morning). You would need to combine the carb with the protein. There are different ways to get the nutrients you need throughout the day to support your exercising. I use Portion Fix, and sometimes find it hard to eat as much as it said I should (I still eat that much), so you don't need to go hungry to lose weight.

2 hours ago, Green Bean said:

Little Man has discovered Bluey on Disney+. The Aussie accents are awesome.

DS17 & DD made chicken enchilada layer casserole for dinner. DH is picking up avocados for guac.

Have you watched Firebuds? One of my nieces voices the singing voice of Jazzy. (She's also in the new Wonka releasing this year.)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Ellie said:

This was difficult to watch. My eyes kept reverting to the words in Japanese, and I was trying to read the characters, but every time I came across kanji, I would read it in Chinese. 🤦🏾‍♀️ I got nowhere comprehension-wise. 😂 But, the dancing was nice. 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

One thing that is interesting - love is ai (爱) in both Japanese and Chinese (it's rare that the same character sounds the same). In the song there was 爱, then 2 hiragana, then 人 (ren, "person" in Chinese). If I skipped the two Japanese characters (only because I don't know what they mean together, although I could read them), I guessed "a loved person", google said "spouse," and the subtitles said "beloved." Not too shabby, I guess. For one word...

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Renai said:

Yes, you need the protein to feed your muscles when you're exercising more. Two eggs is just one serving, which is normal. The oatmeal is a simple carb and will leave you hungry and your muscles tired (if you exercise in the morning). You would need to combine the carb with the protein. There are different ways to get the nutrients you need throughout the day to support your exercising. I use Portion Fix, and sometimes find it hard to eat as much as it said I should (I still eat that much), so you don't need to go hungry to lose weight.

Have you watched Firebuds? One of my nieces voices the singing voice of Jazzy. (She's also in the new Wonka releasing this year.)

Well, I had been mixing oatmeal with peanut protein powder too but the last few days made it plain. I snack on nuts and alsway have protein on salads. I think it was just too much of everything. Maybe better to focus on just the exercise to lose weight before modifying diet so much. Im going to still avoid sugar and things like bread. But other things have improved also in the last day... things are moving better which makes no sense to me.  Maybe just something a little flukey going on with my system.

I had another pack of seaweed today. I'm thinking I'll alternate days on that. I felt pretty great all day and even good now, late at night. And I was crazy busy. Had an extra Dr appt today then an hour lesson across town. Ran to 2 stores to find flowers for bday gift. Made a bday cake. Took kids to evening activity. Late night because of cake (I didn't eat a slice but had a couple tastes of bits that fell off cake.

I need to better organize next year. Too many activities. Too few days completely at home.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Renai said:

One thing that is interesting - love is ai (爱) in both Japanese and Chinese (it's rare that the same character sounds the same). In the song there was 爱, then 2 hiragana, then 人 (ren, "person" in Chinese). If I skipped the two Japanese characters (only because I don't know what they mean together, although I could read them), I guessed "a loved person", google said "spouse," and the subtitles said "beloved." Not too shabby, I guess. For one word...

Each Japanese kanji has at least two readings. The “Chinese “ reading for 人 is nin or jin. (That doesn’t mean that actual Chinese people pronounce it that way now.  It just means that a long time ago that’s what was brought over from China. ). The Chinese reading is what is used when more than one kanji are stuck together. The Japanese reading (in this case, hito) is what is read when the kanji is all by itself.  

• Like 4

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!,~D

Friday!!

I have one family meeting today. lots of paperwork stuff to get done, too. We are meeting with the property management gal to do a walk through of the house (we bought my parents’ farm and are renting out the house). I’m still not feeling great. i’ve been so exhausted lately. Feeling completely fatigued.  Not sick, just exhausted. I’ve been sleeping all right, but my whole body is just tired. I’m glad it’s the weekend.

• Like 4

Good morning!

Maybe it's a good thing to not have those pesky challenges of multi-lingualism, lol.

I am heading out to AFSA right now.  We are having high winds and tornado watches and storms a-brewin', so I want to get done with my pre-trip shopping as soon as possible.  Then I need to proctor physics tests and then pack.

The Pup is staring at me intensely.  I've already told him that he is getting his morning walk from ds18 today.  Maybe he just wants to hang around me.  Also, I think he feels a bit put out that I put his Christmas toy in a bag for the trip.

Coffee!

• Like 5

4 hours ago, KrissiK said:

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!,~D

Friday!!

I have one family meeting today. lots of paperwork stuff to get done, too. We are meeting with the property management gal to do a walk through of the house (we bought my parents’ farm and are renting out the house). I’m still not feeling great. i’ve been so exhausted lately. Feeling completely fatigued.  Not sick, just exhausted. I’ve been sleeping all right, but my whole body is just tired. I’m glad it’s the weekend.

Have you had a physical lately?  You might want to have your thyroid levels checked. 

• Like 4

I bought first grade MP spelling and literature stuff and ordered a bunch of books from Barnes & Noble. The 20% teacher's discount program is ending 1 Apil. I have more I want to order, but I think I made the bank account wimper enough for one day.

To have the car, I had to take DH into work at 7 am. I am NOT a morning person, guys!

I think we may go to Golden Corral for dinner. I'm beat.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Green Bean said:

I bought first grade MP spelling and literature stuff and ordered a bunch of books from Barnes & Noble. The 20% teacher's discount program is ending 1 Apil. I have more I want to order, but I think I made the bank account wimper enough for one day.

To have the car, I had to take DH into work at 7 am. I am NOT a morning person, guys!

I think we may go to Golden Corral for dinner. I'm beat.

My B&N teacher card won't work online. They said I had to renew in store but store just said program is ending though they would honor my card in store through April.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

19 hours ago, Dianthus said:

Well, I had been mixing oatmeal with peanut protein powder too but the last few days made it plain. I snack on nuts and alsway have protein on salads. I think it was just too much of everything. Maybe better to focus on just the exercise to lose weight before modifying diet so much. Im going to still avoid sugar and things like bread. But other things have improved also in the last day... things are moving better which makes no sense to me.  Maybe just something a little flukey going on with my system.

You know, actually, that's what I did. I made some small changes in my diet, but really concentrated on exercise. My dietary changes was mostly drinking more water, getting in more veggies, and not overeating. I very loosely followed Portion Fix, which made me aware of how much I was eating. Since most changes/transformations happen in the kitchen, I lost very little weight, BUT I started a good exercise habit, and had other good body changes. I now exercise 4-7 days a week consistently (3-4 is usually when I'm on my period and slow down). I've been working on this since May of last year. Just this past month (February) I really started focusing on nutrition and my portions. It does help to concentrate on one thing at a time to form a habit.

• Like 5

Good morning!

We're up, we're up already!

Breakfast is almost ready.  Coffee is definitely ready.  Pup is getting a walk and it seems everyone about has their bags ready to go. It's a 6-1/2 hour drive, plus lunch and grocery shopping on the way so it's be maybe 8 or 8-1/2 hours 'til we get there.

Coffee!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Morning, Happy Saturday.

My upper back has been killing me for days.  Along with achiness in my right arm.  I know these are symptoms for heart attack in women, but I'm 100% sure it's muscular.   I tried to do some gentle yoga yesterday to help it and it made it worse.  It's definitely helped by sitting still with the heat pad on, and made worse when I move certain ways.  So muscular.  Caused by - salting and scraping snow when my landlord failed to have the parking lot plowed, lifting 30 pounds (which ended up being 40 pounds because they gave me an extra block I didn't realize) of dry ice plus a cooler out of my car, lifting a very heavy basket of soaking wet towels after doing dry ice activities with 4H, carrying it out to my car, lifting it into and out of the car but then dragging it into the house except lifting up a couple stairs.  

So yeah, pretty much positive it's muscular.  

• Like 3
  • Sad 4

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!~D

Saturday!!

I slept hard last night, woke up groggy.

Today is oldest DD’s 17th birthday. I was ok with 16, but now…. it just seems like she’s really growing up. I am trying not to be maudlin about it,  but dang….I don’t like it.

• Like 7

Good morning. I didn’t get to bed until 1:30 in the morning. My goal is midnight. My current nighttime Bible study has been taking way too long. Last night I even started early but time still got away from me. 

This afternoon/evening we are invited to a black tie wedding reception. I don’t own anything even remotely black tieish so I hope the bride doesn’t mind my Sunday best. I have a feeling that I won’t be able to eat anything. Not sure what to do about that.

• Like 6

Looks like they've updated the wedding website.  They will have a taco bar at the reception.  I think that I can find enough to eat at a taco bar so I'm happy about that.  And apparently "cocktail dresses" are also ok in lieu of an evening gown.  I think that my Sunday best will be ok.  Not that I've ever had a cocktail at church.  . .

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

Waiting for the girls to get home from their birthday party so we can leave for DD's birthday dinner and movie. I am a little irritated with this parent. The party started at 1:00, it's after 5:00 now. We didn't know they were going all the way to the Big City to get their nails done. Now it's gonna be nip and tuck to get dinner in in time to see the movie.

• Like 5

We made it to the beach - the house is nice and has everything we need.  There's a nice little dock out on the water for fishing and kayaks and plenty of sand toys.  Chester spent a little time attacking Mobile Bay, but eventually settled into playful wrestling.  

We had AFSA chicken salad, croissants, and chips for dinner and then went out for ice cream at the local ice cream shop and are now back at the house watching Raiders of the Lost Ark.  I'm ready for sleeping but People are sitting on the sofa (watching movie) which is also my bed.

• Like 7

Yes, Lent. But Susan said I can skip it on the Sabbath and the Bible says the Sabbath starts at sundown, so Booya.

I love all animals, with a particular fondness for horses, dogs and some reptiles and some parrots.

I vote Green Bean moves to Scotland.

On 2/27/2023 at 4:20 PM, Jean in Newcastle said:

Maybe I have brain fog but I don’t see the difference. I can’t predict how long I am going to have energy. I have it and then it’s gone. Boom. 

I was doing soft 30 minute workouts that left me bedridden for two weeks. Now I'm doing hard 10 minute workouts and feeling better after doing them.

On 2/28/2023 at 10:46 PM, KrissiK said:

So, this was kinda weird. The soup I had for dinner had a soapy taste to me. It did have cilantro in it and I understand that people can be genetically predisposed to cilantro tasting soapy. But I love cilantro. It has never before tasted soapy to me.

It just means Mary did your dishes.

On 3/2/2023 at 11:27 AM, Jean in Newcastle said:

I’m too tired to keep my core temperature up so I’m dressed in warm clothes including a hoodie, plus slipper socks, plus a fuzzy robe on top of it all. I have just stopped shivering. 

Hot chocolate.

On 3/3/2023 at 8:31 PM, Susan in TN said:

Where's Slachey?

😁

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1