Menu

Ignore this thread!

I'm going to make dinner from a Costco rotisserie chicken though not sure what yet. Maybe Thanksgiving style. I don't have peppers to make Fajitas and I don't feel like soup. I feel so tired and don't want to do anything. I am waiting for kids at an activity but forgot to bring math to grade so I'm just looking at puppy breeders online. 

*This is the we didn't end up eating the chicken booya!

Edited by Dianthus
  • Like 5

• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

1 hour ago, Dianthus said:

I'm going to make dinner from a Costco rotisserie chicken though not sure what yet. Maybe Thanksgiving style. I don't have peppers to make Fajitas and I don't feel like soup. I feel so tired and don't want to do anything. I am waiting for kids at an activity but forgot to bring math to grade so I'm just looking at puppy breeders online. 

I making dinner the same! We do Thanksgiving style. Right now, I'm waiting for people to wake up. DH crashed when he got home from work.

I bought Easy Grammar Plus, CTC Word Roots, and Reasoning & Reading for DS17. He's signed up for the next Lantern session. I'm still looking at the typing/reading/spelling site. Off we go!

You could look at my sister's Maine Coon Kitty site for a break from puppies:

https://mythicmainecoons.com/

Edited by Green Bean
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Ww are having gross bbq chicken tacos with coleslaw and microwave mixed veggies. The window guy is here.  I can't wait until he leaves.

I'm going to assume "gross" here is either a typo or means something different than usual. Don't eat gross tacos!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dianthus said:

I'm going to make dinner from a Costco rotisserie chicken though not sure what yet.

In hind sight I should have gotten that rotisserie chicken from Costco. I waffled and didn't because it would be a few hours before dinner. Now I'm thinking ugh I should have gotten that chicken because now I have to cook. The protein being CHICKEN.🤦‍♀️

• Like 6

We had crock pot taco soup.  i also had this stuff one of the families I visited gave me. They are SE Asian. It was noodles with shredded cabbage and then this chicken soup poured over it. She called it curry. It was very spicy and delicious.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Green Bean said:

I'm going to assume "gross" here is either a typo or means something different than usual. Don't eat gross tacos!

I think they are gross because I used this frozen popcorn chicken that was just not what I had pictured but I already bought it so it will be eaten.  No one complained, so I guess that's good.

The window guys left.  They didn't do the hard sell as much as I expected.  I guess I could have pulled a "I'm a grieving widow just leave me alone" if they had gotten on my nerves.  

At one point they were outside looking at things and one of my neighbors (not sure who) drove up and rolled down their window and stared down the window guys for a couple minutes, lol.  They're keeping an eye out for us. 

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Green Bean said:

I making dinner the same! We do Thanksgiving style. Right now, I'm waiting for people to wake up. DH crashed when he got home from work.

I bought Easy Grammar Plus, CTC Word Roots, and Reasoning & Reading for DS17. He's signed up for the next Lantern session. I'm still looking at the typing/reading/spelling site. Off we go!

You could look at my sister's Maine Coon Kitty site for a break from puppies:

https://mythicmainecoons.com/

I am anti cat! Except my friend has a gorgeous and supposedly hypoallergenic cat. I'm allergic. But I still mistrust it. Absolutely a dog person. Almost got a puppy recently, it was so beautiful and now I'm shopping. Advise me against it! Not a good time at all!

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Dianthus said:

I am anti cat! Except my friend has a gorgeous and supposedly hypoallergenic cat. I'm allergic. But I still mistrust it. Absolutely a dog person. Almost got a puppy recently, it was so beautiful and now I'm shopping. Advise me against it! Not a good time at all!

I am a cat person. We have five. I love them all. I tolerate dogs.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

So, this was kinda weird. The soup I had for dinner had a soapy taste to me. It did have cilantro in it and I understand that people can be genetically predisposed to cilantro tasting soapy. But I love cilantro. It has never before tasted soapy to me.

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, Dianthus said:

We are allergic, too, so I get my kitten fluff fix looking at her pictures.

I’ve never heard that about cilantro before.

I just spent like an hour and half FaceTiming with DS24 and his girlfriend. Oh my gosh, she’s so much like him! She was very patient talking to ASD DS18 and listening to DD spout off and giggle. She really cares for him and that came through. She would fit nicely in the family, if that is the path they choose to take later. Awesome! It’s early in their relationship so who knows. It’s his first girlfriend because he didn’t feel like he had anything to offer a girl before with being so far from graduation. He wanted to be sure he could take care of a wife first. Not typical thinking, but it’s his thought process. So as I said, we’ll see. I’m happy for him as long as he is happy. I hope that made sense.

• Like 6

I made chicken fajitas for dinner tonight.

I like cats and dogs. At one point we had two dogs and two cats. Well, we've had all kinds of animals, including a bird, fish, hamster, and now a rabbit, but since we're just talking about cats and dogs....

I think I need a vacation. I'm tired.

I'm also thinking I could've applied to the brand spanking new Christian school to be a teacher this year, had Gymnast go there as well (they stop at 6th grade), and we both would have been better off. Hindsight is 20/20, I guess.

• Like 6

Morning, Happy Humph Day.

My landlord never plowed the parking lot at work so I have to go in and at least shovel/salt my parking spots and walkway.    I feel like I should remind them if someone gets injured, the liability is theirs.   I doubt they care.  The building is supposedly being sold, just waiting on a closing date now, so I'm sure they just going to dissolve the LLC when it's done.  

Ds's college cancelled all the morning classes yesterday and didn't open up until 12:30pm.   He went in to his later class and could have easily attended his earlier class, but the college closed and said any teachers who wanted them to attend virtually would contact them.  Ds didn't hear anything but then his professor for the earlier class sent a notice later yesterday that anyone who missed the quiz he gave in class yesterday, WHILE THE CAMPUS WAS CLOSED, would need to go to his office hours before next Tuesday.  And the campus is closed today for a service day.    Ds can go tomorrow after his other class easily enough, but that's really annoying.   He would have been in class yesterday if we knew class was being held.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

9 hours ago, KrissiK said:

So, this was kinda weird. The soup I had for dinner had a soapy taste to me. It did have cilantro in it and I understand that people can be genetically predisposed to cilantro tasting soapy. But I love cilantro. It has never before tasted soapy to me.

I went through a period of time when a few foods tasted soapy to me.  I don't know/remember what it was but it eventually went away.

• Like 4

Good morning!

Kids have regular lessons and online physics this morning.  I'm going to take dd16 to the thrift store to see if we can find her a Hawaiian shirt for a thing next week.  I have string quartet this afternoon and plan to bring an extra bow so I can get my bow rehaired.  The cellist wanted to play the Ravel string quartet which is gorgeous but pretty ambitious.  We might stick with Mozart and Beethoven for now to give me a little time to practice the Ravel.

Three more sleeps 'til we head for the island!

Coffee!

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Green Bean said:

DD is making cinnamon rolls for her church youth group tonight. I may have her make a second batch for us as it’s torture smelling these!

I concur!

34 minutes ago, Ellie said:

I don't even have words. o_0

😁

I've always been a dog person, but I think you all have influenced me just a little towards the cat side.  Dh hated cats passionately.

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 4

13 minutes ago, Ellie said:

I'm collecting all my spoons so I can use them tomorrow on road-trip errands. o_0 I know you can't really do that, but sometimes it seems better if I've planned ahead and psyched myself up. Or something.

I'm trying to get to bed a bit earlier tonight.  But it won't really help.  Tomorrow I will most likely nap.  Unless I throw up first from fatigue.  (It happens.  TMI.  Don't tell Susan.) 

• Like 4
  • Sad 4

Morning! My right ear is infected again. The story of my life: wear hearing aids so I’m not deaf, get swimmer’s ear infections constantly or be deaf. What a choice.

I figured out 1st grade last night, though! 🤩

Edited by Green Bean
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 3

Good morning!

Jean, are you up?  Hope you get through your morning and then have a restful Second Sleep!

The kids are off to tutorial and I need to finish the Bible study lesson and then go to Bible study and maybe stop at the grocery store afterwards.  Or maybe not.  I think I'll do that tomorrow.  A load of laundry has been started.  Don't let me forget to put it in the dryer!  Tonight is orchestra rehearsal.

Coffee!

• Like 6

I have so much more energy today. I think it's because I've been eating more the last 2 days. I think the workouts and dieting may have been too much together. I started eating seaweed on Tuesday, for the iodine, but it can't be working yet. Must be the caloric intake.

I got pretty annoyed when I went to Dr's office and they weighed me 4 lbs over what I'd just weighed at home. Combining that with the fact that my issues maybe thyroid or hormonal, I decided to eat more. Nothing crazy like sugar or bread, but I had 2 eggs instead of plain oatmeal, and I ate more at dinner time. 

I felt great and did a longer, sweat inducing workout today. The last 5 days I've been workout out but felt I was barely moving. Maybe everything will get normal.

• Like 5

One of the dear ladies from Bible study asked me to go to lunch with her after, so I had lunch at a chicken salad place.  Super yummy!  I am usually pretty apprehensive about getting together with new people but I took a "leap of faith", lol.  It was very nice.

Then I got home and dove right into the giant shrub-tree.  I got the primary offending branch off with the pole saw, and then ds27 helped me with a few other branches and it's not elegant, but much better.

Laundry is in the dryer.  Time for more coffee.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1