Menu

Ignore this thread!

Happy Monday!!!! ::dancedancedance::

I have two meetings to attend tonight. Obviously, I can only do one. Neither group is happy when I miss a meeting, but one of them is only once a month, so I've been doing that one. However, the other group, my Sweet Adelines chapter, is one month away from Contest, so I'll do that one.

I also have meetings on Thursday and Saturday this week, which I am obligated to attend because I am an officer. I am already exhausted. Stupid autoimmune disease.

Oh, and I have a doctor's appointment on Wednesday, and I'm teaching hula on Tuesday. ::head desk::

ETA: And it's a Monday morning, too-many-meetings booya!

Edited by Ellie
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

5 hours ago, Junie said:

Good Morning!

Happy Monday!

Happy Presidents Day!

I still have a headache... 😞

I am joining you today.

I had a highly stressful afternoon/evening yesterday and very little water and no dinner. Headache is starting but working on rehydration. I still feel jittery too but no appetite. I should have a coffee. The extra caffeine usually helps my headaches.

SO, having a bit of an unplanned holiday today. It's a catch up day. House is clean which is awesome.

On Saturday, Ds11 jumped up for a ride on dh's back and injured him. He's been miserable this weekend.

Quite the weekend, especially for a holiday weekend.

• Like 3
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, Susan in TN said:

We are in Chattanooga.  It's a lovely little city.  

Has the term "bully" taken on new meaning lately?  I've heard it used to refer to things like "rude ignoring", "lighthearted teasing", and "I was bullied because I took ballet and jazz, but not tap." 🤔

Yes. Bullying means being treated unkindly. It's obnoxious and minimizes bullying. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

So in the course of bringing pantry items upstairs, I found a couple of gf baking mixes. I’m making soup for dinner so I decided to make the cinnamon raisin bread. Only problem is that the best use date was 2019. So it might be a yucky brick but I figured that I’d only be out time, energy and electricity if that’s the result. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We are on our way home.  Despite the fact that I have been communicated with my three drivers for the past month that dd14 and I will need someone to pick us up around 8pm, everyone has managed to make other plans.  Best case scenario is that we will need to wait around for a while in the cold, dark parking lot until someone can get to us. 🙄  

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

My headache is better too. I think the coffee and lunch helped.

The situation from yesterday is mostly resolved. 3 friends are helping with something important that I lost. I still feel like crying when I think of it but I guess it's just leftover anxiety.

I'm thankful for the good friends to my rescue. 

Edited by Dianthus
  • Like 5

12 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Is your family happy that you are teaching home ec?  (Is that supposed to be “is” or “are”?  Neither sound right to me. Sometimes English fails me. )

Family is... at least in the US.  I think British speakers would say Family are...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Junie said:

Family is... at least in the US.  I think British speakers would say Family are...

Ok that makes me feel less dumb because I grew up as an American going to American (international) schools but reading British books published by British publishers and teaching British English. I get confused sometimes as a result. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Ok that makes me feel less dumb because I grew up as an American going to American (international) schools but reading British books published by British publishers and teaching British English. I get confused sometimes as a result. 

Oh, I don't know how old I was when I learned (or is that "learnt"?) that "biscuits" in England do not mean the big fluffy buttermilk biscuits that my grandmother used to make. o_0 One of my favorite books (The Little White Horse) has "sugar biscuits" in it, and boy howdy, I just could not imagine putting sugar on Grandmother's biscuits!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Is your family happy that you are teaching home ec?  (Is that supposed to be “is” or “are”?  Neither sound right to me. Sometimes English fails me. )

1 hour ago, Junie said:

1 hour ago, Susan in TN said:

So we can get away with either.  Or neither.  Does your family be happy you done finna teach the cookin' N stuff?

54 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I could probably find the answer in one of my Rod & Staff textbooks, but i am too lazy to get up.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Junie said:

Yep.

1 hour ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I have to mention it sometimes when teaching ESL to the adults on Rosetta Stone. It's a note in a few lessons, too. Since many students are overseas, they will often hear the British version, but they specifically choose to learn American English (many work for American companies), so the topic comes up.

• Like 4

good Morning!!

COFFEE!!~D

Tuesday!!

Slept horribly due to internal temperature regulation problems and DH’s snoring. 

Too much going on today. Lots of family meetings and sometime this morning Home Depot will be delivering the flooring to the farm, and a responsible adult over the age of 18 is supposed to be there. i have no idea how this is all supposed to work out.

And a cold front is supposed to be moving in. We may get a bit of snow tomorrow. i doubt it, but they are predicting very low snow levels.

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, Slache said:

My son is going to be in seventh grade next year. My daughter turned ten. I have no more babies. What on earth is going on?

Some babies become very tall and advanced. Mine is taller than I am! I make him sit down so I can smooch the little forehead.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Mine loves me when she's naughty. If I use a stern voice, she get very sad eyes and comes and gives me hug and says "night, night mama". It's so sweet and almost makes me want her to bite her brother.

I do not need another one. So done! Actually, seeing the merits of grandparenting, which I can't believe of myself and must mean I'm old. I'm so afraid of a vasectomy failure and telling dh to get rechecked because it's been 2 yrs now.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Dianthus said:

Mine loves me when she's naughty. If I use a stern voice, she get very sad eyes and comes and gives me hug and says "night, night mama". It's so sweet and almost makes me want her to bite her brother.

I do not need another one. So done! Actually, seeing the merits of grandparenting, which I can't believe of myself and must mean I'm old. I'm so afraid of a vasectomy failure and telling dh to get rechecked because it's been 2 yrs now.

We almost got a vasectomy. I was supposed to get my tubes out with number three, didn't get it, almost got the vasectomy and found out I was pregnant. I got my tubes with number four no problem, but the recovery was so bad. They say it's just like a regular C-section, but it absolutely was not. I might not have done it if I'd known, but now I'm glad it's done. And I learned I have the cancer gene and I've lost my entire fallopian tubes, which decreases my ovarian cancer rate by 69%, which is how my grandmother died, so that's good.

But I'm glad we don't have to worry about a failed vasectomy. I would probably have a panic attack every time I was late. Send my husband to the store at 3AM for a pregnancy test and chocolate waffle cones I'm convinced I'm craving when I'm not even pregnant.

• Like 3

Good afternoon!

It's been a busy morning.  I made the kids help get the Christmas tree packed up (they were supposed to do it over the weekend), and cleaned out the coffee maker which seems to have fallen into a pit of coffee grounds and took the pup to the groomer (he's going to have to be shaved - he'll be the Velveteen Doodle for a while), and went on a road trip to pick up my raffle prize.

I need to call my endo's office back.  They finally have results from my bone density test.

Did I tell you about my raffle prize?  I found out while on the bus trip back from Georgia.  I bought some raffle tickets to benefit a local center for early American music which I've done some things with in the past and won a custom made and somewhat elderly autoharp.  It needs to have a couple strings replaced (it came with a set of strings).  I have no idea how to play it and can't find a diagram of the strings online, but it's really pretty and her name is Annie.

Coffee!

• Like 4

My 32 day cycle was disturbing. I think another pregnancy would kill me. I am afraid of getting tubes tied though and side effects. I already have some pelvic pain issues.

I think you set the key for each piece and just tap the auto harp. Or maybe I'm think of the hammered dulcimer. I don't know, but my brother got something like that for his kids and it was super easy. My niece plays the real harp and it is so fun to play around with.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Slache said:

Now I'm just sad they're growing. I had so much I wanted to do and I feel like the pandemic and subsequent financial repercussions have taken precious time away. I only have six more years with my boy.

Your boy will not disappear in 6 years. They tend to multiply into little replicas of themselves.

57 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Good afternoon!

Did I tell you about my raffle prize?  I found out while on the bus trip back from Georgia.  I bought some raffle tickets to benefit a local center for early American music which I've done some things with in the past and won a custom made and somewhat elderly autoharp.  It needs to have a couple strings replaced (it came with a set of strings).  I have no idea how to play it and can't find a diagram of the strings online, but it's really pretty and her name is Annie.

Coffee!

You posted the image I was going to post. Also, YouTube has several videos on how to replace strings on an autoharp that you can check out.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Renai said:

I went ahead and enrolled Gymnast in the painting class for the fall. Well, that's one thing I know she's doing in the 7th grade...

Now you only have to figure out Math and Science and History and Writing and Bible and Foreign Language. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Slache said:

Now I'm just sad they're growing. I had so much I wanted to do and I feel like the pandemic and subsequent financial repercussions have taken precious time away. I only have six more years with my boy.

It is hard to watch them grow up. My oldest daughter is going to be a senior next year and is talking about college.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

I'm waiting for a family running a little late. I have 2 meetings here in the foothill library. Absolutely beautiful drive. The best time of the year. Grasses are green and the wildflowers are starting to bloom. As I drove around a couple of curves I thought I was in a painting, big swaths of dark yellow, light yellow and white covering the hills.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Renai said:

You posted the image I was going to post. Also, YouTube has several videos on how to replace strings on an autoharp that you can check out.

I tuned it according to the notes listed on the set of strings that came with it and it is a disaster.  So either the set of strings is not the right kind or something is wrong with the chord buttons/felt.  I'll probably take it into the shop and have them look at it - I don't want to mess with it too much not knowing exactly what is going on.

It's much easier to tune my regular harp, lol.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1