Menu

Ignore this thread!

Camp is over for another year.    This week went really well.  We finished up today with building box forts, then painting them and making flags, and finished with a pompom snowball fight.   It was pretty cool.

A couple of the kids that did all the camps (kid who got hand sanitizer in his eyes first week) and are definitely among my favorite students even before this, got me the Pokenatomy book.  It's a really nice, hardbound book with pictures of Pokemon and what their internal organs would look like.  I've wanted it for a while but it's expensive and hard to find.  

Edited:  Pokenatomy booya?  End of camp booya?  I can't decide.

Edited by Wheres Toto
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4

Ds finally sent his hiring manager a message letting her know his working papers are done.  He didn't want to do it yesterday because he was sick the night before, and his sleep schedule has been all out of wack.  He's been up all day today and will be hopefully going to sleep at a normal time tonight so will be back on schedule.    Tomorrow we'll drop his working papers off and he'll go over his availability with them so he can get his start date and hours.     After, we'll probably run by the CC and pick up his books.  

I have two weeks before classes start but it's going to be a busy two weeks.  Cleaning, organizing and setting up at the science center, driving ds to and from school and work, dh is having his catherization, dentist appointments, bloodwork appointments, taking ds to practice driving, and hopefully a trip or two to the lake.  Oh yeah, and working on my classes to finalize plans for the first session.  

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Servant4Christ said:

There's a book? Or are you talking about the syllabus?

2 hours ago, Dianthus said:

Yes, through disc 4, he seemed to be just reading the syllabus. Disc 5 had no audio so I am able to return it since it's faulty. Yay! Ugh, I can't stand his speaking style. Maybe I tuned some out because I can't stand it but I'd get more out of just reading the syllabus. I think I will buy just the syllabus separate for the question list. I also bought reading roadmaps which appears like it will be helpful, even if just for a booklist.

This is good to know. I was intrested in this, too. I haven't poked around their site much, though. Links?

Yep- I'm alive. Nothing cool here except dh is starting a new posisition at work Monday and my birthday is a week from today. I will offically be a half century. My kids are asking if I will die soon now. Jokers...

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Green Bean said:

This is good to know. I was intrested in this, too. I haven't poked around their site much, though. Links?

Yep- I'm alive. Nothing cool here except dh is starting a new posisition at work Monday and my birthday is a week from today. I will offically be a half century. My kids are asking if I will die soon now. Jokers...

I bought the seminar DVD and syllabus package. Glad I didn't buy more. I was also considering their worldview detective program. Maybe I could just read the book for that too.

• Like 3

We have my car back, and it's apparently Dying of Death (diagnosis: This kind of engine is known to do that when it gets old.). I've ordered reflective triangles, and we have an appointment for an oil change. Still hoping to do a beach day trip in September.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Dianthus said:

I bought the seminar DVD and syllabus package. Glad I didn't buy more. I was also considering their worldview detective program. Maybe I could just read the book for that too.

I downloaded the free Ready Reader for The Bronze Boiw which we just so happen to be reading now anyway. I'm not sure how much of it I will use. It looks a lot like a free book report form I have from Hewitt Homeschool years ago. Hmm...

Date Night has been canceled. Dh had to work late to finish out his current project, so we missed our reservation. The place is closing for 3 weeks after tonight anyway. 😞 I suppose we will go to Chili's and chill in our room with a movie.

Anyone have fun weekend plans?

• Like 5

Good Morning!!

COFFEE!!!~D

Sorry to break up this little repartee’ , but it is morning on the West Coast, so everybody up!!

Went to the Christian School football game last night. DH stayed home with a pulled muscle, so I sat by myself. We lost big time, but at least I got a tri-tip sandwich that was good.

Today we go to the Fall Festival @ our church camp. That should be fun. Except that DH is staying home because of pulled muscle. But my mom is going so we will hang out.

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 5

Juliet woke me up again at 6 am. I told her to go back to bed and she did until 8 am, which is when civilized people get up. My neighbor, who took care of her during camp gets up at an ungodly hour and I need to retrain Juliet. But I don’t always know what might be a potty emergency. 

Edited by Jean in Newcastle
typos
  • Like 3

Good morning!

I still have 15 minutes in CST.  Currently eating late breakfast (a couple eggs and a plum).  I guess that's brunch.  I had coffee earlier while doing Bible Study and then we did our very first Round Robin cleaning event.  

I pared it down quite a bit - three 7-minute sessions since I needed to get dd13 to her choir thing.  I think it went pretty well, though I may need to write down a few more specific tasks for each area because sometimes things were being done that were already done in weekly chores.  Nevertheless, everyone participated and kept a pretty good attitude.  I was able to clean the microwave and blow leaves off the back deck in under 7 minutes, so I was pretty impressed with myself there, lol. 🏆

I'm back from dropping off dd13 and will have to return in an hour to bring her, ds17, and dd16 to roller skating.  My goal is to get several administrative tasks done in the next half hour before I leave so I can do more enjoyable things after the roller skating.

Coffee!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Hi!

We went swimming as this is the second to last weekend the pool will be open. Now I want a nap, but I can't nap. I'm doing more school planning instead. For some reason, this year I am getting annoyed with it all. I feel like I am spending and spending with very little to show for it. SIGH! It will get better after we get done with stupid grammar this year.

Little Man keeps crying he wants to move to Scotland. This is not happening for reasons. He will have to accept he's a Texan.

McMom's tonight: burgers and fries. Yum!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Green Bean said:

Little Man keeps crying he wants to move to Scotland. This is not happening for reasons. He will have to accept he's a Texan.

Clap Clap Clap Clap!

I want you to move to Scotland also so we can live vicariously through you.

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

We had avocado toast on ciabatta bread except dd13 who hates avocado so she had egg toast.

I've decided that "eventually" I would like to pick a different area of the world each year and rent an airbnb or something there for a month and then my kids or friends or whoever could come and visit for a few days and we can explore.  And when people aren't visiting I can just sit by myself and play the ukulele.

Last night between 7:30 and 8:30 pm I got 3 email invitations to join 3 different new community orchestras.  Well, one isn't really new but kind of "event driven" - when they have a gig scheduled they have a rehearsal or two and then the performance.  I agreed to that one for an event in a month and will wait to see what the others come up with in terms of rehearsal times and places.

I gotta banish the goat and get things ready for tomorrow.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

We had avocado toast on ciabatta bread except dd13 who hates avocado so she had egg toast.

I've decided that "eventually" I would like to pick a different area of the world each year and rent an airbnb or something there for a month and then my kids or friends or whoever could come and visit for a few days and we can explore.  And when people aren't visiting I can just sit by myself and play the ukulele.

Last night between 7:30 and 8:30 pm I got 3 email invitations to join 3 different new community orchestras.  Well, one isn't really new but kind of "event driven" - when they have a gig scheduled they have a rehearsal or two and then the performance.  I agreed to that one for an event in a month and will wait to see what the others come up with in terms of rehearsal times and places.

I gotta banish the goat and get things ready for tomorrow.

Japan in the spring, Italy, Germany at Christmas, Kenya, Iceland at Christmas.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

When I was 13 my mom told me that if I got straight As she would take me to Iceland. I got straight As and was berated because if I was able to do that then I should have been doing it the whole time. Then she went to Iceland without me. When she got back she called me into the living room and showed me all of the gifts that she bought for everyone, but forgot to get anything for me. Then she took down all of my artwork and replaced it with photos of Iceland.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 4

She did the Iceland thing three times. The first was Disneyland, but she didn't go. The second was France and she went. Iceland was the third.

I want to go to Iceland at Christmas because they have a lot of cool traditions and I want to see the Northern Lights, aka rainbow bridge. The Northern Lights are best between November and April.

• Like 3

Some People.  There are just no words.  Or no words that I would type here.  

Iceland has no trees.  I'm not sure I can spend a whole month there.  Maybe I can arrange a layover.  

I was thinking of Thailand for Asia.  Japan would be nice, but very very expensive.  Imma have to look up stuff on Kenya.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Some People.  There are just no words.  Or no words that I would type here.  

Iceland has no trees.  I'm not sure I can spend a whole month there.  Maybe I can arrange a layover.  

I was thinking of Thailand for Asia.  Japan would be nice, but very very expensive.  Imma have to look up stuff on Kenya.

I've heard Thailand has elephants like we have racoons. Like you miss green lights because there's an elephant chilling in front of you. Iceland has no mosquitos. And a black beach.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Slache said:

I've heard Thailand has elephants like we have racoons. Like you miss green lights because there's an elephant chilling in front of you. Iceland has no mosquitos. And a black beach.

I have been to black beaches. They are tough on your feet (because they are made of volcanic material). And they get super hot in the sun. But you might not be barefoot and having that problem in Iceland. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Good morning!

I’m sitting with dd19 in the adult Sunday School class.  I’m playing (with dds13&15) in services this morning so should be home around 1:00 after 2nd service.  I’m playing mandolin today and my fingertips already feel shredded because I don’t practice often enough.

After church I’m planning to bring dd19 to pick up her new glasses and then ds17 wanted to watch an 80’s movie.  

It’s almost 90 degrees out but I’m wearing a sweater because the AC in here is quite enthusiastic.

Coffee!

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

The glasses place was closed.  Nuts.  I should have checked their hours first, but I assumed they'd be open since the mall is open.  Oh well.

We're going to watch the original Top Gun.

I should have said something. My thought when I read your earlier post was, “they are open on Sunday?”

• Like 2