Menu

Ignore this thread!

I am so glad that I have all of my lessons and teaching aids and activities all done, edited, packed up and ready to go.  Because now is the time when everyone else shifts into gear for their part in camp and I'm fielding calls and texts left and right.  And also when the treasurer part of my job gets more important.  Also the time when I have to do things like catch up on laundry so we actually have clothes to wear to camp. . .

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Hello, I haven't been on all week I don't think.  Camp was good this week, but as always, exhausting.   

This week was CSI/Spy Camp and we had 12 campers, so not a huge number and the activities were all things I've done a bunch of times, and my co-teacher was my most experienced.  So, all good.  

Dh is at the doctor for his heart to see if/when he gets catherization done to check for blockages.  I'm sitting anxiously waiting for him to come home.

Ds is showing signs of hyperthyroid (I think? elevated T4) but not enough to worry yet, just need to repeat the tests again in a few months.  

• Like 4

(((Toto))) praying for good outcomes - dh and ds.

I've been able to check a few things off my to-do list.  Also, the federal government has successfully verified my identity.  

Fish tacos for dinner.

Tonight is dd19's convocation service.  I think I can I think I can...

• Like 3

Good morning!

Ds27 made fancy quiches for breakfast - spicy sausage with peppers and onion quiche and apple bacon quiche.  So yummy!

Everybody is going to tour the Carnton House this morning.  Dd13 is making a Radish Kids meal for dinner.  Hopefully ds17 will mow the lawn.  I think that's everything.

Coffee!

• Like 2

Good Morning!

Happy Saturday!

Fighting another headache.

I've got some minor projects that I want to try to get done today.

And I've decided that we are basically doing no school until September.  Too much going on with taking dd17 to college.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!~D

Saturday!!

Hot!!☀️☀️🔥🔥😩😩🔥☀️🔥😩

At least I don’t have to go to the AFSA today!! Did that last night. I guess I will clean. Make some breakfast burritos to freeze so the kids have something else they can eat for breakfast.

• Like 4

I tear up every time I read that.  I'm such a cry baby.  Quackers is brilliant.

The Carnton house and grounds are lovely.  There is a young (16yo?) soldier buried there in the confederate cemetery whose family had promised to bury him in Georgia soil, but when they came and found how well the "boys" were being cared for, they left him there and brought some Georgia soil to him.  Apparently, his descendants still come every year to plant flowers on his grave in that soil.

I need to run to the grocery store to get more flour for the Raddish Kids meal - plus a few things that People have just now requested.

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Junie said:

And I've decided that we are basically doing no school until September.  Too much going on with taking dd17 to college.

Willy Nilly! Svengo Squared!

I am fortunate in that my current college student commutes 5 minutes to college.  If all my remaining kids decide they want to go there I certainly would not complain.

• Like 3

Picture Jean running around with her hair on fire

Lessons, Activities, Crafts - check

Projector - check

First aid box and locking medicine box - check

Portfolio of Bible verse songs - check  (reminder to self :  practice singing these songs once just to make sure that I can remember them!)

Sleeping bags and towels - check

Bag of nonperishable foods for my family (gf and df)

Frozen/refrigerated foods ready to pop in an insulated bag tomorrow  (have to pick up one more thing for that)

Got instructions on how to play human battleship with water balloons.    (have to pick up one more thing for that)

Counselor packets printed out but I need to assemble them still

Extra registrations printed out but I need to staple them together.

Stop panicking every time a staff member calls to check in one some triviality! 

My own household stuff for animals etc.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Picture Jean running around with her hair on fire

Lessons, Activities, Crafts - check

Projector - check

First aid box and locking medicine box - check

Portfolio of Bible verse songs - check  (reminder to self :  practice singing these songs once just to make sure that I can remember them!)

Sleeping bags and towels - check

Bag of nonperishable foods for my family (gf and df)

Frozen/refrigerated foods ready to pop in an insulated bag tomorrow  (have to pick up one more thing for that)

Got instructions on how to play human battleship with water balloons.    (have to pick up one more thing for that)

Counselor packets printed out but I need to assemble them still

Extra registrations printed out but I need to staple them together.

Stop panicking every time a staff member calls to check in one some triviality! 

My own household stuff for animals etc.

Just keep breathing just keep breathing just keep breathing breathing breathing, what do we do, we breathe!

• Like 1

Hello, Happy Saturday.  

For some reason I woke up in  a really good mood today.    I had to go to work to clean up the materials from last week camp so my cleaning person can come do some deep cleaning tonight or tomorrow before our next camp on Monday.  Next week is Pokemon camp and is smaller than some of the others.  

dh and I are going to go up to Massachusetts for a weekend away in November during my break week.   Dh had planned the trip for Halloween time a couple years ago but then covid happened.   We're staying in Plymouth and will spend one day around there, one day up in Salem.  With one day to drive up and one day to drive back, it's a 4 day weekend.  We will get older dd or my  mother to stay with the kids at night and take ds to school Monday.   I'm looking forward to it.  

Dh has his catherization the same day my classes start in the fall.  I'll be able to take him to the hospital and stay probably until his procedure is done, but will have to leave before he's released, so we're seeing if my mother can come and drive him home.  It means I won't be able to be there when classes start for the day and it's my new teacher's first day (although she did do summer camp and my head teacher will be there), but I'll make it in time for my classes.  

• Like 3

Good morning!

Thanks, friends ❤️

This is the day that the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it!

Grandma, Grandpa, two of the kids, and I made it to early service.  We're going to just hang around today.  After ds27 gets back from church/work, we'll go to the memorial gardens.  MIL asked us to place 2 roses on dh's grave, so we'll do that and maybe replace/add some flowers to the arrangement.

I think we'll get some pizza from Sal's for dinner.

Coffee!

• Like 8

To be sung to Beethoven's Fifth   

Camp, camp, camp, camp.   
Camp, camp, camp, camp.    
Camp, camp, camp, camp. Camp, camp, camp, camp. Camp, camp, camp, camp.    
Camp, camp, camp, camp.    
Camp, camp, camp, camp.    
Camp, camp, camp, camp. Camp, camp!

Jean, 7/12/2018

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We started school last week because I thought the public schools were starting last week (I meant to start earlier but was behind). Apparently, schools don't start until late next week. I found out because we took an afternoon break to the pool on Friday, thinking it would be empty and it was packed because the other kids aren't in school yet. But nice that we are a couple days ahead in school so I won't feel like a failure... hopefully.

Dh is gone today so online church again today.

I started reading Hinds' Feet on High Places today.

• Like 5

Happy Sunday.  No longer morning so no Good Morning.  

We lost power for a little while today but it's a nice, not to hot, summer day so we opened up all the windows to let fresh air in.   

Today is fairly relaxing.  I'm doing a load of towels from work, reorganized our sheets and extra blankets, finally fully switched over to my new purse/bag, and if I remember I may share pictures from last weeks camp.   Other than that, I'm reading a book I borrowed from the library and just taking it easy. 

Our new breakfast bar/counter by the windows has been covered with stuff for the past month-ish for our camping trip/cleanup from camping trip.  Dh cleaned it off yesterday while I was working at the science center, so I'm sitting there in front of the windows having my lunch, watching the birdies.   

• Like 3

This week's camp is Pokemon camp.   I teach it as a class during the year (two different classes actually) so it's a pretty easy camp to do, I use the activities from class, add a few crafts and a couple extra games and we're good.   

Then just one more camp after this one and summer is over already.   I have two weeks off before I start classes again, but ds has school starting August 31st and I'll be doing most of the driving him to school, and there's lots to get set up in the classrooms before we start, so it won't be a relaxing two weeks.  

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Ellie said:

Wut?? Fer reals?

She was diagnosed with breast cancer a while back, went on hospice maybe a week ago, then died on Friday. I'm sorry for fuzzy times. 

I emailed her two weeks ago and they were planning a road trip to Canada in September.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

It's been a day.  After going to the memorial gardens we went to dh's favorite park and took a short hike.  Then home and takeout pizza.  We watched a goofy "Napoleon Dynamite-esque" movie called The Sasquatch Gang and now our favorite song is "I Love Onions".  It makes you wonder exactly what was required to make a career of song-writing in the 60's, lol.  We also laughed a whole lot over a text conversation between dd19 and her boyfriend in a case of "who dis" and dd's abundance of caution over unknown numbers.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, KrissiK said:

I love that book. I have read it numerous times and it still speaks to me.

I saw it on a list somewhere and liked the title. I'm only on chapter 2 but liking it so far. We'll see how the time goes.  I don't want to read on weekdays because I'm supposed to be watching the teacher training seminars. Up late tonight folding laundry then still need to grade papers from last week. One week in and already behind.

• Like 3