Menu

Ignore this thread!

Good Morning!

We are heading home this morning.  It was a great relaxing weekend in a beautiful location.   We're planning to do more of these long weekend trips over the Spring and Summer.  They are enough to relax and enjoy but not long enough to get bored, perfect for the kids.   My kids don't like amusement parks that much (not even Disney got them that excited), but they love aquariums and zoos so we're going to go in that direction more.  

• Like 5

Good morning! It's The Queen's favorite day!

I found a crochet textured dishcloth pattern that I really like and is super quick to make.  https://www.petalstopicots.com/textured-crochet-dishcloth-pattern/

I have been knocking out all the little things this morning.  I need to call the vet for Pup's medicine refill and then take dd13 to the orthodontist.  Music lessons, children's choir, and Scouts tonight.

Coffee!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Someone please tell me that there really is a finite number of things to declutter in this house.  I mean, it's 20 plus years of stuff but still finite, right??  It's not multiplying, right?  (Even my bunnies aren't multiplying - they are spayed and neutered.) 

Did you spay and neuter everything? Because maybe?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Junie! I read on a free sample of Skills For Literary Analysis that you should read some of the books the year before but I can't find the same sample. Can you look that up for me? And tell me if it's the same for American?

If you can't I'll start a thread. Thank you!

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Slache said:

Junie! I read on a free sample of Skills For Literary Analysis that you should read some of the books the year before but I can't find the same sample. Can you look that up for me? And tell me if it's the same for American?

If you can't I'll start a thread. Thank you!

I'll look into it, but it might take me a day or two.

I'm dealing with Drama this evening... 😞

• Sad 3

Hi. I'm standing in my kitchen eating a sherbet float. Son 16 and I started binge watching Forever last night and plan on round 2 after he finishes the dishes.

I'm making duck cutouts for R&S Gr. 1 Math for Little Man. My older kids all were pretty firm that I need to use it with him. They have fond memories of the addition and subtraction Waldorf influenced stories I made up all those years ago.

Not much else going on here.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Green Bean said:

Hi. I'm standing in my kitchen eating a sherbet float. Son 16 and I started binge watching Forever last night and plan on round 2 after he finishes the dishes.

I'm making duck cutouts for R&S Gr. 1 Math for Little Man. My older kids all were pretty firm that I need to use it with him. They have fond memories of the addition and subtraction Waldorf influenced stories I made up all those years ago.

Not much else going on here.

And why is this info not on my thread? I wanna see it when you're done! Pleeeease! I have the newer edition and I'm sad it doesn't have the duckies. I should probably look at it to see what it does have, though.

Oldest scored well on his math test today and he actually completed it in a reasonable timeframe per my last conversation with R&S. I just looked at the next chapter and looks like we're headed right into the multiplying fractions ect vortex of doom. Seriously, the stuff he's about to learn (in grade 5!) would've helped me tremendously in Algebra 1. Svengo.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Servant4Christ said:

And why is this info not on my thread? I wanna see it when you're done! Pleeeease! I have the newer edition and I'm sad it doesn't have the duckies. I should probably look at it to see what it does have, though.

Oldest scored well on his math test today and he actually completed it in a reasonable timeframe per my last conversation with R&S. I just looked at the next chapter and looks like we're headed right into the multiplying fractions ect vortex of doom. Seriously, the stuff he's about to learn (in grade 5!) would've helped me tremendously in Algebra 1. Svengo.

I stand reprimanded! I’ll go add.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

At least I didn't say butt

You wrecked our streak!   0 Days Since Last Butt Incident

15 hours ago, Slache said:

Did you spay and neuter everything? Because maybe?

Socks and paper are always an issue.

9 hours ago, KrissiK said:

Hola!!!

It was a day. 
I survived.

As per regulations!  Well done!

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Good Morning!

Happy Tuesday!

Still Drama. 😞  That's okay -- I have five girls; I'm used to it popping up every once in a while. :)

Surgery recovery is going better.  I made dinner last night (with some help) and I was able to drive dd17 to work.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

So I apparently have no idea what my email password is.  What I have written down is not working.  This is a problem.

OK I got into the account and changed the passwords and ds26 is helping me connect the home email with MY gmail account instead of dh's gmail account.  Is it naptime yet?

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Slache said:

I thought it was Friday and I was worried about my pregnant friend because she has a long weekend coming but then I realized it was Tuesday and now I'm going to die.

No dying aloud, per ITT rules and regulations.

If you would like make an appeal, please fill out your petition in quadruplicate and take it to window 429 between 9:12-9:13pm every third Thursday.  Thank you for your cooperation.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Green Bean said:

EdPo: My daughter is driving me crazy. I’m going to have to switch her LA cause TGTB 6 is too hard and lacks enough explicit instruction for her. She also hates how sappy the reading is. 😩 Should I move her down 2 levels or torture her with R&S?

Torture! Torture!  Always go with torture! 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, KrissiK said:

No dying aloud, per ITT rules and regulations.

If you would like make an appeal, please fill out your petition in quadruplicate and take it to window 429 between 9:12-9:13pm every third Thursday.  Thank you for your cooperation.

Can she die silently if there is no dying aloud?  😉 

Edited by Jean in Newcastle
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

We love R&S English. It's to the point, easy to understand, and most of the daily lesson is actually be done verbally (oral drill section) until you get to the written practice section. I cherry pick in the daily review section. I will say Oldest detests the writing lessons, but then he'd hate writing no matter the curriculum.

And in the spirit of EdPos....

I'm having way too much fun looking at the samples on the Berean Builders website. I'm pretty well convinced that's where we're headed as far as high school science. I'm considering it for the youngers, but we'll see.

Edited by Servant4Christ
  • Like 3

Got hydrangea #6 pruned. 

Then Neighbor came out to talk with me. 

Then the two girls from across the street came over to tell me that they were able to charge and use the electric scooter that I gave them. Woo hoo!  Nice girls. They keep making a point of telling everyone they are twins because one is about a foot taller than the other. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Good morning!

Guess what day it isn't anymore?!?

My grand plan is to help kids with a couple school things and then go to Aldi and the post office.  I'm meeting a friend for coffee this afternoon.  Storms are looming on the horizon, but I don't think my area is in any particular danger.

Coffee!

• Like 3