Menu

Ignore this thread!

3 hours ago, Junie said:

I'm up.

I got up at 6 and took meds.  Went back to bed.

I got up at 10 and ate and took meds.  Stayed up for a whole hour.  Went back to bed.

I got up at 3 and ate and took meds.

I still feel tired and groggy.  Good thing I wasn't planning to accomplish anything today. 🙂

I love it when a plan comes together!  (((Junie))) praying tomorrow is manageable.

Junie Love Booyah!!

ITT Fight Song

We are ITT    
a happy lucky posting family    
We are ITT   
Get up everybody and sing!

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 4

It's been quite a day here.  So imma just tell you all about it, lol.

Walking was cancelled so I went back to visit the County Clerk for the final step in getting the car's title in my name.  So I can eventually transfer it to ds26 if he wants to keep it.  Then got home and did some school things and packed up some things to put in the attic and then when dd19 got home from work I took her to the lab my insurance prefers to get her iron level and stuff tested.  So we checked in and there was a 96 minute wait, so we went to nearby stores to wait for a text.       

75 minutes later we went back and it said we had an 86 minute wait.  Huh.  They kept sticking their heads out the door calling for people who weren't there and finally just asked dd's name and said, "Why don't y'all might as well  just come on back." Lol.  So we finally got that done.  Except on the way home I realized that not only did I forget to remind them to fax results to the doctor, but the doctor had the wrong insurance info on the paper, so we're going to have some rigamarole trying to get that settled.    

Got home to find dd19's college friend vacuuming the kitchen - he'd washed all the counters and dusted.  So they left for dinner and then some dear old friends we hadn't seen in several years stopped by to say hello and give everyone hugs.        

Then we had dinner - burgers and sweet potato fries with sriracha mayo.  And now I'm sitting for a bit and might start my new book.

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 7

Susan deserves ice cream.

DH and I tried a new restaurant tonight. It took forever to get our food and it wasn’t very good. The place was loud, too. We decided not to return.

But we stopped by Kroger on the way home for cookies n cream ice cream so that made up for dinner.

Got home and apparently Little Man had been hysterical crying almost the whole time we were gone. He’s asleep on my floor now. I have no idea why he gets freaked out like that when DH and I go out sometimes. He knows we’re coming back. So weird.

• Like 4

I had an April Fool’s prank played on my today. It was during a Learning Period meeting and these two absolutely adorable little girls told me in all seriousness that they saw two squirrels on their back fence and one was carrying a little toy car and the other one was carrying a dog collar. I totally fell for it. And what made it so sweet was that they put a lot of thought into that prank. Wanted to make it just slightly believable so I would fall for it.  I love those little girls.

the squirrel part was true, just not what they were carrying. These people live in the middle of the city, but they are so observant to the wildlife in their yard you would think they lived in the middle of the woods.

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

Good Morning!

Happy Saturday!

I slept well last night and I actually up. :)

I last took pain meds at midnight and I'm doing fine so far.  Pain level is currently at about a 1.

Still taking it easy today.  I just sent the girls scurrying about the house to switch out winter and spring clothes.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

OK so here's a Thing.  That possible phone call just happened (they called me just as I was finishing up with the dishwasher) and it may be that I have a very very part time job with the kids' Children's Choir - they need administrative help and I was recommended by the girls' music teacher.  Also, I love working with music libraries, which might be at least part of the job.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

13 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

OK so here's a Thing.  That possible phone call just happened (they called me just as I was finishing up with the dishwasher) and it may be that I have a very very part time job with the kids' Children's Choir - they need administrative help and I was recommended by the girls' music teacher.  Also, I love working with music libraries, which might be at least part of the job.

Yay, Susan!! That’s an awesome Thing!!

• Like 3

We're having fun in Shenandoah.  Dh and I went to Luray Caverns and then drove part of Skyline Drive today.  We're back at the cabin and dh is going to do some fishing and I think I'm going to sit in the hot tub for a few minutes then read my book.   We're eating burgers at the cabin for dinner early so the men folk can watch the final four today.  Tomorrow we're just hanging out at the cabin, fishing, canoeing, etc but going out for dinner.   

Here's our little home away from home for the weekend.

20220401_153819.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Wheres Toto said:

We're having fun in Shenandoah.  Dh and I went to Luray Caverns and then drove part of Skyline Drive today.  We're back at the cabin and dh is going to do some fishing and I think I'm going to sit in the hot tub for a few minutes then read my book.   We're eating burgers at the cabin for dinner early so the men folk can watch the final four today.  Tomorrow we're just hanging out at the cabin, fishing, canoeing, etc but going out for dinner.   

Beautiful!

The final four what?

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, Wheres Toto said:

20220401_153819.jpg

Yay Toto & Co.!  It looks like an amazing place!  Happy canoeing tomorrow!

• Like 3

We have an unexpected D&D game going on in the kitchen - with dd19's college friend, his future BIL, and some other random kid.  I made extra baked ravioli because I suspect they're all going to be hungry soon.

I'm halfway done knitting a dishcloth and watching season 33(!) of The Amazing Race.  The fan is still on the dishwasher.  Stay tuned for more:

Dishwasher Error 15: Watertap! Watertap! Watertap!  Part Deux

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Green Bean said:

I didn't know there was a remake, Junie. Cool!

It's actually been around for a while.  It's The Sound of Music Live that NBC did.  I like this version because it follows the script of the stage play with just a few changes.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Junie said:

It's actually been around for a while.  It's The Sound of Music Live that NBC did.  I like this version because it follows the script of the stage play with just a few changes.

I had no idea this existed!

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Junie said:

Watching The Sound of Music (the Carrie Underwood version).  This is the only version of the play/movie that I've ever seen that I actually like the character of Elsa.  

I watched part of that when it came out. I couldn’t watch the whole thing. I didn’t like the remake, but I also felt like I was cheating on Julie Andrews.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

I watched part of that when it came out. I couldn’t watch the whole thing. I didn’t like the remake, but I also felt like I was cheating on Julie Andrews.

Carrie Underwood is more of a singer than an actress, not the dual threat that Julie Andrews was/is.  But I also thought that Carrie better portrayed the naivete of Maria.

So, no, it's not perfect, but I still enjoyed it.

• Like 1

Do any of you remember the leather couch that we were hoping to give away for free instead of taking to the dump?  Well, apparently people are really really picky about what is free and so there have been no takers.  But trying to figure out how to transport a bulky couch to the dump was also a logistical hurdle.  But dh and I have decided to "harvest" the cow and a half of perfectly good leather on this couch and then break down and trash the rest.  We have great plans for the leather but we'll see if we ever get to any of them! 

• Like 5

Had some leftover cream of broccoli soup and coffee and now feel more Human.

So I was playing for services today and 1/3 through the first service I got a text from ds26 saying that dd13 passed out, should they take her somewhere. !  So I looked back and sure enough there was no one in the pew they'd all been sitting in.  I took off my mandolin, grabbed my purse, and walked off the stage and out the side door as stealthily as I could manage - there was a medical person helping her and someone brought her tea and cookies.  She was feeling much better by the time I got there but I brought her to the walk-in clinic just in case.  They did a bunch of blood tests but everything came back normal so it was just a random thing.  I brought her back home with dd15 and went back to church and joined the second service at just about the same place as I left first service.

Heere Endeth my Tale.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

In other news, with the aid of ds17's superior phillips head skills, we have the dishwasher put back and ready to test out.  And I stole a screw from an old pair of glasses to fix dd19's glasses.

Jean, is Dh going to make you a fancy new purse?

lol. I do need a new purse…

He wants to make a leather blotter for a desk. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hello, Happy Sunday night.   I haven't been on my computer much.  Today we didn't do much, just lounged around the cabin.  Dh did some fishing until it got too windy.   We head home tomorrow.  

One of my teachers called out sick for tomorrow.  Since I'm 5 hours away, not much I could do except cancel her classes.   We will do a makeup next week and I did offer all the parents who had siblings in class at the same time to bring the siblings to the makeup as well so they could drop them all off as usual.  

• Like 4

Oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy

The 2022 Barkley Marathons were held THREE WEEKS EARLY!!  I completely missed them!  Sounds like John Kelly, Guillaume Calmettes, and Karel Sabbe (the Belgian Dentist) were among the racers this year. Gary Robbins dropped out due to injury.

No one finished, through 5 got in a Fun Run.  On the 4th lap, Sabbe had navigation problems and reportedly asked for directions from a trash can and was eventually picked up by the sheriff's department who kindly gave him a lift back to camp.

Few have ever touched    
Five times on a Fool's Weekend    
Barkley's yellow gate.

5C095163-2873-4FC3-ACA2-AE1A42EAB584.jpeg

• Like 5