Menu

Ignore this thread!

Today was a long day and I have a headache.    One of my teachers will be out tomorrow, but another teacher who doesn't usually work Thursdays is able to cover the classes so that worked out well.

Anyone ever have a part-time job with sick pay?  I'm thinking of giving sick pay next year and if I remember correctly, my last part time job provided sick time (or PTO) after working a certain number of hours (like 120 I think) and PTO in the number of hours generally or averagely worked in one week.  So someone who works 20 hours a week, gets 20 hours of PTO.  Does that sound right to anyone else who has experience working part time? 

ETA:  Hey, I got the booya for page 4000!   

I'm going with a Pay Everyone More! booya instead of a headache booya.

Edited by Wheres Toto
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 5

This time of year is crazy.  We are simultaneously taking registrations for our last session of this year, taking registration deposits for our first session of next year (September) and doing Summer Camp registrations as well.    It can be very confusing but I don't really know another way to do it.  People want to know what they are doing next year to plan out coops and stuff, Summer camp is often people who aren't in regular classes/aren't homeschoolers, and we still have to finish up this year.   

I'm getting audited for my worker's compensation insurance Tuesday morning so I have to make sure I upload my accountant's working copy of quickbooks sometime this weekend, then enter the information for January and February (my term ends February), all while being away for the weekend.  

• Like 4

I actually think it's kind of great that I just found the second incision.  It hadn't hurt at all before, so I didn't even know it was there.  I'm trying to get through this without any narcotics because I'm afraid of addition, so I'm just bouncing between tylenol and advil and trying to stay ahead of the pain.  I took the most recent dose a little bit late and I think that's why I noticed it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I love narcotics. They are the only thing that makes my back not hurt. I would say that I would take them all the time if I could except that I had a doctor who thought that was a great idea and I had to explain to her repeatedly why it wasn't. I was like 28.

When I am old and wasting away I will be on narcotics and my grandchildren will laugh about how silly I am all of the time. Until then I will be cranky.

• Like 2

I'm watching the new Marvel show where the guy has Matt's sleeping disorder. It's based on super old info so he has a form of disassociative identity disorder that only comes out while he's sleeping, which is kinda accurate, but the wrong part of the brain. This poor man woke up in the wrong country. I don't think hubby's done that.

Yet.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Wheres Toto said:

I can't take narcotics, they all make me puke.   Which isn't fun when you are in pain.   Lucky for me Advil works really well for me and was enough after both my c-sections, broken bones, etc.

That musical was great.   

What show are you watching now Slashie?

Moonight. It's on Disney Plus.

• Like 5

Good Morning!

Happy Thursday!

I slept okay -- about as well as I have been.  I have quite a bit more pain today, but I was expecting that.  I was trying to stay ahead of the pain, but I miscalculated, so now I'm playing ketchup.  

Oh, and I had a really good chat with my sister last night.  I'm so happy about that!  We don't have the best relationship, but last night was really good and I think that we might have a closer relationship going forward. :)

• Like 6

Good morning!

We all survived the Weather.  It's just wet and cold this morning.  The dishwasher is throwing fits again.  I'll try fixing it again myself, but if it does it again I'll have to get a repair guy out.

I have to bring kids to tutorial, go to Aldi and gas station, and orchestra rehearsal tonight.  I'd really like a nap.

And the library.  Have to pick up books at the library.

Coffee!

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 4

I have the state NAEYC conference to go to this weekend, as an exhibitor. I'm supposed to go set up today at 5(:30) pm (an hour away), or get there early tomorrow and set up at 7am. I'm weighing my options. If we do today, I'll be teaching a tutoring class in the car while dh drives and dealing with commuting traffic. If we opt for tomorrow, we're getting up at a ridiculous hour (well, I'm used to it...) but have less traffic to deal with....

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Good morning.  I have asked a lady out on a lunch date.  I know her casually through local politics and have been super impressed with her.  We exchanged Christmas cards at Christmas and found that we actually have some more in common than local politics.  I'm hoping that we can become friends. 

(As I've gotten older I've decided that making friends of my own, as opposed to family friends/ being chummy with moms of my kids' friends, is more important.  )

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Paid bills, showered, fed masses round one.

Now I’m sitting here at the school table waiting on a kid to read his MP Bible pages so we can go over them. I find I wait a lot. I can’t really do anything that requires concentration like reading a book because I have to be ready when the kid is.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Slache said:

I need halp! John is finishing out the school year with Carry on Mr Bowditch, Johnny Tremain, and...?

Chosen because teen boy interesting, not time period.

The Bronze Bow

Amos Fortune, Free Man

Caddie Woodlawn

Heidi

The Wizard of Oz

Anne of Green Gables

Wonder

The Crossover

Bud, Not Buddy

The Wednesday Wars

Hans Brinker, or The Silver Skates

Justin Morgan Had a Horse

King of the Wind

I, Juan de Pareja

A Wrinkle in Time

• Thanks 3

We finished recently Dangerous Journey: The Pilgrim’s Progress For Kids set by MP. Totally accessible. Mine insisted I keep it for Little Man later.

What’s for dinner?

We’re having a grill night with cow and salmon burgers, guac, grilled pineapple and summer squash, Bush’s baked beans, and toppings. Lemon meringue pie for dessert.

• Like 2

We had egg fried rice.

Tornado warning for a while here, but no major damage. Just rain at our house. We now have an impressive puddle of water, mud, and pollen at the bottom of the driveway.

Edited by 73349
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Slache said:

Junie to the rescue! I just came back to say I chose Little Pilgrim's Progress, which is not little at all and I'm feeling a little betrayed to be honest 

1 hour ago, Green Bean said:

We finished recently Dangerous Journey: The Pilgrim’s Progress For Kids set by MP. Totally accessible. Mine insisted I keep it for Little Man later.

What’s for dinner?

We’re having a grill night with cow and salmon burgers, guac, grilled pineapple and summer squash, Bush’s baked beans, and toppings. Lemon meringue pie for dessert.

We have The Family Pilgrim's Progress by Jean Watson which my boys absolutely love.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Good morning!

I may or may not be walking with a lady this morning.  Waiting on confirmation.  Otherwise I just need to go back to the County Clerk and take dd19 to get labs done.  And have the boys help me get the dishwasher out again, probably with the assistance of a music stand.

Coffee!

• Like 4

EdPo: 

It's that time of year when I read through my curriculum magazines and research/question stuff. Middle has such a different personality than the others that I truly wonder how that will translate to school/learning and if I'll need a different math program (not to mention other subjects) for him. I don't know if I should stick to R&S math and hopefully just tweak it as needed or if I should start with MUS with him from the beginning. He seems to learn best by "doing" whereas Oldest is a visual learner that is easily distracted by manipulatives. Middle is what our pediatrician calls a problem solver and he's very very good at it. Lol. I know it's too early to know for sure and he's only starting Pre-K stuff this Fall, but I'm trying to think ahead and plan. These are my pre-coffee ramblings for this morning. Yes, for those of you who picked up on it, I'm drinking coffee. I only made it a month instead of all 6 weeks of Lent this year. 🤦

EdPo over

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

EdPo: 

It's that time of year when I read through my curriculum magazines and research/question stuff. Middle has such a different personality than the others that I truly wonder how that will translate to school/learning and if I'll need a different math program (not to mention other subjects) for him. I don't know if I should stick to R&S math and hopefully just tweak it as needed or if I should start with MUS with him from the beginning. He seems to learn best by "doing" whereas Oldest is a visual learner that is easily distracted by manipulatives. Middle is what our pediatrician calls a problem solver and he's very very good at it. Lol. I know it's too early to know for sure and he's only starting Pre-K stuff this Fall, but I'm trying to think ahead and plan. These are my pre-coffee ramblings for this morning. Yes, for those of you who picked up on it, I'm drinking coffee. I only made it a month instead of all 6 weeks of Lent this year. 🤦

EdPo over

I try to keep everyone doing the same thing. I wanted everyone to do Saxon but 2nd found it dreadful and is doing Beast Academy online. She's artistic and a problem solver, but not gifted and I don't know if she'll finish "on time".

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Green Bean said:

Servie- Start with what you have and adjust as needed.

This would be sooo easy if I already had it, but I have to buy it. 🤣 Oldest used CLE until we bought R&S 3, so I have to decide on grades 1 and 2. I totally get your point though and will likely try R&S and add some hands on manipulatives because I really like their math program. I think I'm just full of anxiety about teaching Middle in general because he is a totally different animal.

• Like 3

No school today. It was supposed to be for spring cleaning, but I had to do 6 errands (+ one more in an hour) and only one of them was cleaning-related (washing mattress pads at the laundromat). Tomorrow I should be able to do more.

• Like 3

I'm up.

I got up at 6 and took meds.  Went back to bed.

I got up at 10 and ate and took meds.  Stayed up for a whole hour.  Went back to bed.

I got up at 3 and ate and took meds.

I still feel tired and groggy.  Good thing I wasn't planning to accomplish anything today. :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1