Menu

Ignore this thread!

20 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

To what?

Inquiring minds want to know Booyah!

Zoology 3, land creatures. We've done Apologia's Astronomy, Zoology 1 and 2, chemistry and physics, and anatomy. We were doing MP's astronomy and they asked to change. So we're finishing the zoology series and then probably switching to Berean builders. This leaves earth science and Botany, but I can't keep these kids from reading those books in their free time to save my life so I'm not worried about it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

35 minutes ago, Slache said:

Zoology 3, land creatures. We've done Apologia's Astronomy, Zoology 1 and 2, chemistry and physics, and anatomy. We were doing MP's astronomy and they asked to change. So we're finishing the zoology series and then probably switching to Berean builders. This leaves earth science and Botany, but I can't keep these kids from reading those books in their free time to save my life so I'm not worried about it.

Oldest is the same way about reading them in his spare time. Lol. But he absolutely begs me not to make him do Berean Builders because the illustrations (internal human anatomy ones) in the samples are too creepy to him.

• Like 3

Just now, Servant4Christ said:

Oldest is the same way about reading them in his spare time. Lol. But he absolutely begs me not to make him do Berean Builders because the illustrations (internal human anatomy ones) in the samples are too creepy to him.

Interesting. Can you just not show him? That would bother one of mine.

• Like 1

It is foggy out this morning. And it’s gotten worse as the morning progresses. DD1’s school is now on Plan C Foggy Day Schedule, which means busses are cancelled, but school is still going. If they cancel school, they have to cancel basketball and soccer games today, and heaven forbid we do that.🙄

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Slache said:

Good choice. We are doing the new Earth Science book, and I highly recommend it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Servant4Christ said:

Yeah, I learned my lesson on this with the How Babies are Made book that has larger font simple words for you to read with younger kids and smaller font words with more details for older kids. He was the best educated first grader around. 🤣

Mine wanted real pictures and we found a copy of Gray's Anatomy for $8 so we got it for him. One of the first things he found was the v*gina. This was when he started getting books off the shelf himself. We didn't know he was going to do that. He was probably four.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Everyday for me is a no coffee day.  Sorry, not sorry.  (My husband, who didn't drink coffee when I married him, has gone over to the Dark Side, though.)

When I met DH and moved north, he drank coffee every morning and I didn't like it at all, let alone drink it. Now, he doesn't drink it anymore (medical reasons) and I drink a cup every morning before I can even function or speak. 

Edited by Servant4Christ
  • Like 4

I cooked a whole frozen turkey breast in the IP according to the directions given and it turned out dry.  I didn't expect that.  Oh well.  We had plenty of gravy.

People are clearing out the grocery stores in preparation for Snowpocalypse II: Sold Out Sleds

Please, Snow.  Please please please hold off until I get my people out of the airport!

• Like 3

13 hours ago, ikslo said:

🤣 on this thread?  Nope.  We don’t do Nm.  I mind.  I very much mind. And now because I mind, I’m posting.  About nothing.  Just because.

You caught that? I didn't want to overstep. I was guessing prostate because most men die with it, not of it. Then I realized I probably shouldn't post that and erased it. Looks like I guessed right.

• Like 2

Good Morning!

Happy Saturday!

Preparing for another snowstorm and preparing to take the college kids back.  We have really had a wonderful break!!

Ds21's girlfriend has spent the entire holiday with us -- and they are now engaged!   It has been so wonderful to get to know her.  She is a really good match for ds21 and I'm so happy for them!

We went to our first in-person church service in nearly two years.

One of dd19's friends spent a few days with us around New Year's.

Dear future daughter in law got to experience her first snow. :)

We caught Covid and lost power/heat for three days.  OK, so that part wasn't great, but it did give us some good bonding time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

Morning Happy Saturday.

It's super cold here this morning.  Single digits, negative wind chills.   But it looks like the "snowstorm" for tomorrow night is going to mostly miss us.   We're only supposed to get a couple inches, then change to rain, then possibly back to snow but that makes me wonder why all that torrential rain/flooding isn't supposed to freeze, which would be a bigger problem than the few inches of snow.  

I'm going to have to make a decision about closing on Monday because all the schools that I normally use to make a decision are already closed for MLK Day.   I don't like having to make decisions like that. 

• Like 5

Realtor called me Friday, asked me to call him back, I called him back and he was in a meeting and said he would call me back.  Haven't heard from him (this was yesterday).   We told them we need an executed lease by Monday to go forward now.   As much as I would like more space, I think if we don't do this now I'm done trying.  I'm really tired of the back and forth, thinking we're doing this and then nothing.  I'm avoiding taking other steps to make our current space work better because we think we're moving but then we don't.   

If we don't move, we have 2 1/2 years on our current lease.   Then we can move and maybe buy our own space.  

• Like 7

11 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I bet that you froze your patooties off…

We actually did. I stayed cold until I got in bed. And what is worse, we lost. Probably because nobody could see the goal. Seriously. It was that bad. 

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Servant4Christ said:

It is currently 1° here.

Didn’t someone say once that freezing is a relative term? I think it was something like 46 degrees. I was trying to get DH to find out on his phone what the dew point was (thank you Apologia Earth Science, we are studying weather) and he kept looking at me like I was nuts. “What’s dew point ?” 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1