Menu

What's with the ads?

2 hours ago, Spudater said:

Dang, girl!

You run outta things to do, I got a whole house of them...

No shortage of stuff to do here and I'm waaay behind on it. I'd get a lot more accomplished, but we had short school today and Youngest has to be praised every time he goes potty. And these stupid contractions keep slowing me down and demanding a little attention, too.

I got the laundry room and pantry mostly done. I've still got 1 long shelf to wipe down in the laundry room but it's up high and requires the step ladder and I'm a little dizzy so that'll wait. Also have a couple small things left to wipe down in the pantry before I'll be totally satisfied. Never got to cleaning bathrooms because it's not raining, thus laundry must be washed/hung on the line before it either rains again or gets hotter than billy blue blazes outside. 

Oh, and before I forget: Do you use one of those snuzzler thingys in the infant car seat for a newborn during the summertime or is there a different option I don't know about? I've never had a summer baby.

Getting it ALL done Booya(h)!

Edited by Servant4Christ
  • Like 4

17 hours ago, KrissiK said:

I am so sorry. I really liked that book. And the movie.

I love the books and quote them often. "I think I've been rendered unconscious!" Lol.

• Like 5

Good morning, afternoon, and evening!

I ran out the door before checking in!  Svengo.  Then I remembered in the store and worried that I'd miss the birth!  

I left early to get through AFSA and Aldi before the meeting with my health coach.  AFSA was relatively quiet and I had the school supply aisles all to myself.  Aldi isn't carrying some of the things I am accustomed to getting there, so I may need to adjust my grocery list.  I miss the old store manager, Jessie - He was awesome.  Health coach said my fat, hydration, and muscle levels are all very good, though I am currently retaining a little water for some reason.  Personally I think I could stand to go a little lower on fat percentage.

When I got home, dh was on the phone with Wells Fargo because I apparently forgot to pay our bill.  I thought we were on autopay, but apparently not.  Sigh.  That has been fixed.

Practiced mandolin.  Cluck Old Hen is a fun song.  Kids have youth group tonight.  The rest of us are having chef salad and sweet potatoes for dinner.

Coffee!

• Like 6

For dinner tonight we are having Wonder What's in the Freezer plus rice.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

We had BLTs with 2 tomatoes from the garden.  But youngest and I missed it because we were socializing with co-op friends.  

Also, there's a rumor here that our governor is possibly going to shut our state down again.  I'm trying not to think about it.  (But evidently Costco has already sold out of toilet paper and paper towels....)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 4

5 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

We had BLTs with 2 tomatoes from the garden.  But youngest and I missed it because we were socializing with co-op friends.  

Also, there's a rumor here that our governor is possibly going to shut our state down again.  I'm trying not to think about it.  (But evidently Costco has already sold out of toilet paper and paper towels....)

We are moderately stocked on TP. Just got a pack of Costco paper towels. I love BLTs. With avocado.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Our governor already shut us down. Apparently the people up here haven’t heard. It’s crazy busy. Tons of people, very little masking. But, everything is outdoors. People generally distance themselves anyway on the beaches and I doubt you’re going to spread anything if you’re on a wave runner on the lake.

• Like 6

I have not been home much today, but when I have the number 1 thought foremost in my mind is the nasty, lingering smell of scented body soap that someone used in the shower this morning.  Imma go find it and throw it away before it gets used again.  (#whoboughtthat????  #howdiditgetinmyhouse??? )

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

I have not been home much today, but when I have the number 1 thought foremost in my mind is the nasty, lingering smell of scented body soap that someone used in the shower this morning.  Imma go find it and throw it away before it gets used again.  (#whoboughtthat????  #howdiditgetinmyhouse??? )

I was wrong.  It is not scented soap.  It is Febreze.  I suppose I will ask the perpetrator before I throw it out, but Lysol Linen would have smelled much better.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

AC guy came. Different company this time as we wanted new eyes. Everything is working perfectly. He doesn’t think it could be related to the generator because of something with the transfer switch or what ever like dh was saying that I just nod to. Anyway, call them if it breaks again. So, we’ve now spent $200 for two different people to tell us everything is in tip top shape as far as they can tell and they couldn’t in good conscience recommend a repair because it would only be guessing. On a positive note I guess that means they aren’t predatory. And my AC behaves rather like a child who is on great behavior for stangers and is a pill at home. 

We decided to risk Sadie Mae’s Tummy Troubles, and put her in the kennel in puppy jail, and drove up to Houston to dinner. Dh thinks they’re about to shut everything down again, so we wanted to go while we could. Take out just isn’t as fun. Dishes and clean up sort of kill the experience. So beef fajitas, pork carnitas, queso, salsa, and all the fixings plus margaritas. Yum. I need stretchy pants, but lots of left overs for tomorrow!
Please don’t go out of business El Tiempo! hang in there. We shall return!  

• Like 5

Yummy!  I was just thinking we should have eaten out Mexican tonight, just in case we face another shut down tomorrow.  Take out is not as good.

• Like 3

All these reshutdowns and mask orders are so depressing. I picked a heckuva day to give up sugar!

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

Anyone awake?

Yep.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I'm listening to podcasts, playing around on duolingo, wishing I were asleep.

• Sad 3

16 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

Anyone awake?

Is your littlest one keeping you awake?

I hope that your labor was uneventful and that everyone is healthy and doing well. :)

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Junie said:

I hope that your labor was uneventful and that everyone is healthy and doing well. :)

Yes, fastest labor I've ever had. The ultrasound weight guestimate was off by more than a pound. No wonder he came just over a week early. There was no room left in there! 🤣

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

Oh, I'm glad it was fast.

And I'm glad that he's a good size.  Most of my babies were on the small side and I worried about them.

Was your dh able to be at the birth?

• Like 2

I really should go to bed.

I actually went to bed at midnight and couldn't sleep.

I got up at 1 and went back to bed at 2:30.

Then I got up at 3 something because I still had not fallen asleep. 😞

So, now that it's nearly 4:30 I guess it's time to try, try, again.

• Sad 3

Blessings to you Mama and Baby on your first night together.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Junie said:

Oh, I'm glad it was fast.

And I'm glad that he's a good size.  Most of my babies were on the small side and I worried about them.

Was your dh able to be at the birth?

Yes, DH is still here with me. He's asleep in the chair next to me that folds out flat like a bed. He's going to wake up and go home in time to wake the children.

This baby is bigger than Oldest and Youngest were and they were both overdue. I've seen a baby weigh more but never this tall.

Edited by Servant4Christ
  • Like 6

🎉🍼🌼 🌷 🐣 🍼  🎉   Congratulations Servo!!!  I'm so happy for you.  ❤️

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Servant4Christ said:

I'm sipping ginger ale and cuddling a newborn. 

Squeeeeeeee!!!  Congratulations!  Welcome, sweet baby!  We have been so eager to meet you!

• Like 3

Good morning!

Lynn, with all this excitement going on, we're going to need Extra Coffee!  (And glad you found the source of The Smell.  😄  )

I have a small bit of meal prep to do today - Instant Pot shredded chicken for chicken tacos.  I shredded the pepper jack cheese yesterday.  Got an email from the tutorial last night - they are planning for in-person classes with lots of adjustments, but it sounds like a solid, workable plan.  

EdPo: Avert yer eyeballs!

I am working on literature lists for everyone.  We are doing modern history/lit, and since ds15 doesn't have a lit. class at the tutorial this year, I have to plan it all myself (along with stuff for dds13 & 11).  Sigh.  At least there are plenty of books to choose from.  Just need to find study guides and writing/composition projects.  Dd17 is taking a lit class at the tutorial, but it has a pretty light schedule and she is a voracious reader, so I am going to give her quite a few books to read "for fun".

Coffee!

• Like 5

8 hours ago, KrissiK said:

I am reading a good book. “Wild” by Cheryl Strayed. Great summer read.

Oooh, this is going to be a dangerous book for me to read - I might have to start planning a trip to the West Coast!  ❤️

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Servant4Christ said:

I'm sipping ginger ale and cuddling a newborn. 

Yay!  💐🍫🏆🎉🎉🎉

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Oooh, this is going to be a dangerous book for me to read - I might have to start planning a trip to the West Coast!  ❤️

So probably we'll start on the south end and hike up to WA.  Rent a car, visit Jean and JJM, the drive down the Pacific Coast Highway (the other thing I want to do out there), visit Krissi, then fly home.  So now all we need is 6 months of free time. 😂

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Susan in TN said:

Good morning!

Lynn, with all this excitement going on, we're going to need Extra Coffee!  (And glad you found the source of The Smell.  😄  )

I have a small bit of meal prep to do today - Instant Pot shredded chicken for chicken tacos.  I shredded the pepper jack cheese yesterday.  Got an email from the tutorial last night - they are planning for in-person classes with lots of adjustments, but it sounds like a solid, workable plan.  

EdPo: Avert yer eyeballs!

I am working on literature lists for everyone.  We are doing modern history/lit, and since ds15 doesn't have a lit. class at the tutorial this year, I have to plan it all myself (along with stuff for dds13 & 11).  Sigh.  At least there are plenty of books to choose from.  Just need to find study guides and writing/composition projects.  Dd17 is taking a lit class at the tutorial, but it has a pretty light schedule and she is a voracious reader, so I am going to give her quite a few books to read "for fun".

Coffee!

This is a great idea.  I could totally use another round.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Went out to pick peaches this morning. The orchard was very crowded, but we were able to distance. Most people in the orchard were not wearing masks (it's around 90F and sunny) but everyone had them, and when they were going up to pay and check out, most people politely put them on before interacting with the orchard workers. All the staff were wearing masks. Very pleased to see that. 

We've had too many cases here for comfort. Yes, they are tiny numbers compared to other states, mostly because our towns are tiny compared to other states. But it's still too many!

That said, I really enjoyed getting out to the orchard, and from the number of families with kids, I'm thinking everyone had the same idea. Get out where there's sun and wind, stay apart from other families, and let the kids pick some peaches.

• Like 7

Congratulations, Sfork!  🥰

I met the pulmonologist, passed a breathing test and got a new regimen of meds to try. Follow-up in a month and then I'll see an ENT if he thinks I need it.

• Like 7

41 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Are we supposed to be looking at Jupiter and Saturn tonight?  Seems to me there's a planetary thing going on.

Dh said something about that.

• Like 2

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!!!~D

Vacation!!!

Congratulations, Servie!!! I am so happy for you and the new little one!,!

Susan, you would love this book!!! And yes, you definitely need to come visit me and we can hike the e entire trail from Mexico to Canada.

I have no idea what we are going to do today.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!!!~D

Vacation!!!

Congratulations, Servie!!! I am so happy for you and the new little one!,!

Susan, you would love this book!!! And yes, you definitely need to come visit me and we can hike the e entire trail from Mexico to Canada.

I have no idea what we are going to do today.

Where are Phineas and Ferb when you need them?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Congrats Servie!

Dh is on his way home.  His mom is still up in the air on next steps but she told him to come home.   He's on his way now with a swing by the flooring place to pick up our new flooring.  This weekend we pull up the carpeting and the following weekend they'll put in the new floors.  We're putting in water resistant, stain resistant Armstrong flooring.  I can't wait.  I'm sick of gross carpeting.   But now I need to empty all the bookcases and china hutch and everything to move it out of the room.  Not a problem finding a place to put it, I have a storage unit for the science center, plus the science center to store things.  But books are heavy!!  Especially a ton of hardcover, textbooks and huge picture binders.   I'm doing lots of trips but taking a break now.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Good Afternoon!

Happy Thursday!

I finally got to sleep and got up at 9:30 ish.  Jumped right into homeschool, then doctor's appt. re: endometriosis (we're not doing anything right now except pain management) then a quick trip to Target to buy milk and yogurt since we haven't had any since Saturday.

Dh and I will hopefully be buying a new fridge tonight.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Are we supposed to be looking at Jupiter and Saturn tonight?  Seems to me there's a planetary thing going on.

Whatever it is, 2020 is not the year for it.  🤣

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, KrissiK said:

So Awesome!

One thing that really appeals to me about the PCT (and our defunct Great Western Road Trip hiking) is the varied terrain and scenery.  When you hike out here, 90% of what you see is pretty much the same everywhere and all the time - the trees of a thick forest all around as far as you can see and an occasional stream.  And after hiking for an hour or three, you get to a lovely waterfall or an opening with s view and then you hike back through the same trees (even if the trail is different).  It can be mentally taxing unless you know the trail well because it doesn't feel like you are going anywhere.  I don't think I would ever want to attempt the Appalachian Trail for that reason.

Deep Trail Thoughts from Susan. 😄

• Like 2

I practiced mandolin and folded and put away laundry and got all the chicken IP'd and shredded.  Now have to let it cool before dividing it up into freezer bags.

Do your dogs/puppies like bully sticks?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

I practiced mandolin and folded and put away laundry and got all the chicken IP'd and shredded.  Now have to let it cool before dividing it up into freezer bags.

Do your dogs/puppies like bully sticks?

I have never given those to my dogs, but I’m sure they would. We don’t normally keep many “food” chews around because with multiple dogs we get resource guarding issues.

I’ve had to use some for the puppy though, but I haven’t done Bully Sticks. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

So Awesome!

One thing that really appeals to me about the PCT (and our defunct Great Western Road Trip hiking) is the varied terrain and scenery.  When you hike out here, 90% of what you see is pretty much the same everywhere and all the time - the trees of a thick forest all around as far as you can see and an occasional stream.  And after hiking for an hour or three, you get to a lovely waterfall or an opening with s view and then you hike back through the same trees (even if the trail is different).  It can be mentally taxing unless you know the trail well because it doesn't feel like you are going anywhere.  I don't think I would ever want to attempt the Appalachian Trail for that reason.

Deep Trail Thoughts from Susan. 😄

The PCT starts in the desert.  Even when she was at elevation (7,000 feet) it was still pretty desolate. But the terrain is varied throughout California.  The book is a crackup. She never went backpacking before in her life, went to REI to get outfitted and didn’t even Pack her backpack until the  night before in the hotel. She got the reputation on the trail as the Girl With the Enormous Backpack. She said it felt like she was carrying a Volkswagen Beetle in her back.

We took a gorgeous hike today, Cascade Lake and Lake Tahoe in the background. It was very rocky and up and down. Lovely waterfall at the end. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Another Lynn said:

Whatever it is, 2020 is not the year for it.  🤣

I know, right?? They might end up colliding or something.And what’s up with this comet??i don’t trust that thing, either.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2