Menu

Ignore this thread!

Morning. No snow at all for us as the cold got here after the rain left, but it's very cold. Karl needs a coat and a scarf.

Lots of revising and writing adjacent things planned for today. I need to get busy.

ETA: It's a Carpe Your Diem, Booyah!

Edited by Critterfixer
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

So this morning was an adventure.

The garbage truck got stuck across the street from my house.  I went out and asked if I could help.  The guy laughed at me.  I offered him Ice Melt, which he used very sparingly.  (I had a whole bag he could use.)  I offered him two bags of sand as well, which he didn't use.  And offered to shovel.  But then I went inside because he was gonna do what he was gonna do and obviously didn't want the little lady to help.

A bit later our elderly neighbor (a man) was helping him to shovel. Something that I could have done much easier. 

Anyway. . . the garbage truck did get unstuck.  Then he turned around and actually took my garbage! So "all's well that ends well."

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Ds did okay at his class.  He said he should be able to handle the work but it wasn't going to be the social opportunity he hoped for.  It's an interim session and a lot of classes are virtual so the campus is pretty much empty right now. Technically it's not even open this week so none of the other students in his class were able to get their student ids either.  

My candidate seemed good.  Only wants to work a couple days so I'm going to have to figure out scheduling and it won't solve our complete staffing problem but it's another step in the right direction.   

• Like 4

Morning, Happy Tuesday.

I am tired.  I'm still not sleeping great and I can't figure out why.  Over break I thought it was a not great diet and not enough activity but that changed yesterday and I still slept crappy.  Maybe it hasn't been long enough or maybe it's hormonal because there seems to be something going on there.  

I took a look at ds's homework for his class.  Maybe it's just starting out very simple but it was basically correcting sentences, making them more precise, writing topic sentences for paragraphs.  So I don't think he's going to find this too rough.   Other than the pace of attending class for two hours every day.  That might be a little tough on him.  Only 13 students, masks and vaccination required so at least I'm not worried about him catching something there.

• Like 4

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!~D

Tuesday!!!

Last official day of Vacation, but I am basically back to work and DD’s school starts back up today. I don’t know why the rest of us have another day, but I’m not going to complain.

I’ve been sleeping terribly, too. Not sure why, either.

• Like 4

Dd19 was telling us about a get-to-know-you question going around her school: if you met the "perfect person" but they had arms made of Cheetos, would you still marry them?

See, it's not specified if the Cheeto arms are regenerating.  Because if they are, then obviously you'd have a delicious and free snack machine.  Also, I would prefer crunchy.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

In other news, the first (of maybe 8?) Whataburger is opening in my region tomorrow. Apparently people are excited about this.  I will not be driving an hour to try one, and it doesn't look like they're opening one in my area so I will have to go without.

#withoutawhataburger

I have never been to Whataburger.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

OK - I got shaky around 11:30 am. My sugars were still within normal but were lower than my body was used to.  I survived until food time at noon. 

What's your routine? I'm assuming 16:8, every day? My body happily settled on 14:10 and I only do it about 5 days a week. Once the habit of feeling hungry subsidies there are just mornings that you know your body wants breakfast. I can't convey that to you, it's just a feeling.

• Like 2

Also, me, who loves intermittent fasting and is so glad I did it and recommends it to EVERYONE, found the transition miserable. You're hungry and weak and cranky and really just feel like you should be eating and this is totally stupid. So if you're miserable now, that doesn't mean it will last.

• Like 3

Morning.  Happy Humph Day.

dh is finally ready to turn in his truck for something new.   We have icy roads this morning and his brakes were failing (again! this is the third time so they don't seem to be able to stay fixed).  Considering we live in a pretty hilly area, that's not good at all.   He made it into work without an accident but evidently it was a close thing.   He needs to take ds to class today so he's going to come home to pick up ds, drive to my work (not far, no real hills, ice is supposed to be cleared up), swap out for my car and use my car to take ds to school (farther, highway and lots of hills), then swap back after dropping ds at home.   OR he'll come home earlier and we'll take my car for him to drop me off at work before taking ds to class (my suggestion).  

We are supposed to get even more snow Thursday into Friday and dh is supposed to go to his mom's house Thursday afternoon to take her to a doctor appointment on Friday.  But I have work on Friday (unless it's enough snow to close) and I am not comfortable driving his car at all right now.   

We may be buying a car today. 

• Like 5

Good morning!

It's Wednesday.  I have a meeting with my financial advisor this morning and then I have to go to the electric company.  I told the kids that I would take them to the eye glasses shop this afternoon - most of them need new glasses.  I do too.  I really need a nap.

Coffee!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Slache said:

What's your routine? I'm assuming 16:8, every day? My body happily settled on 14:10 and I only do it about 5 days a week. Once the habit of feeling hungry subsidies there are just mornings that you know your body wants breakfast. I can't convey that to you, it's just a feeling.

I’ve done it a total of one day!  There is no routine!  Lol. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Slache said:

The doctor didn't assign you one?

He wants me to stop eating at 8 pm and start again at noon. But he gave a number of ways I could tweak it as well. And he told me the same thing you did about the transition. 😉. Mostly I think that he’s giving advice from his own experience. We’ve (the doc for me and me for myself) have had the goal of me losing weight for years. This is just one more experimental hope that it will finally help me to lose weight. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

He wants me to stop eating at 8 pm and start again at noon. But he gave a number of ways I could tweak it as well. And he told me the same thing you did about the transition. 😉. Mostly I think that he’s giving advice from his own experience. We’ve (the doc for me and me for myself) have had the goal of me losing weight for years. This is just one more experimental hope that it will finally help me to lose weight. 

I don't think I've ever talked to a single person that didn't lose weight this way. I haven't, but I have probably spoken to 100 people and they all have.

For me, I've always found eating very uncomfortable and preferred drinking which is usually not the best option. I know there are smoothies and green drinks, but I usually made other choices. If I did eat I liked bread or a small meal and was hungry soon afterward. Intermittent fasting fixed whatever my issue was and now I eat a small lunch and large dinner. I have no idea what actually happened, but if I stop fasting I go back to being uncomfortable again.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Ugh, I was so close.   Dh talked to a coworker who "knows cars" and evidently the problem with the brakes is due to the anti-lock braking system when the car is already sliding.   So, now dh doesn't want to trade in his car. 

I can see his point, cars are expensive and we're already probably going to be buying one in the next 6 months or so when ds is able to get his license.  But I really hate that truck. 

• Sad 3

34 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

I was planning to take dd19 to the DMV tomorrow morning to get her driver's license. Unfortunately it is supposed to start snowing at 6am.  Not sure if we will make it.  If we don't go then, it will be quite a while before we will have an opportunity to get there.

We're supposed to get the same snow storm but Friday morning.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Good morning!

(((Baby)))

Hope everything gets worked out, Toto!

The Snowpocalypse has begun.  We are expected to get 4" of snow today.  I sure wish I had run errands and gone to the DMV yesterday instead of going to the eyeglasses shop.  At least we have milk, eggs, and butter enough for a few days.  Tomorrow night is supposed to be the start of a music jam camp that I was planning to attend but we will see if the roads are cleared enough to get there.  

Coffee!

• Like 5