Menu

Ignore this thread!

59 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

Svengo!!

It's all your fault because I want to read The Judge's List but I'm still 32nd in line at the library and 78th in line for a digital copy and so I keep checking out other "suggested" book while I'm waiting.  None of them have been earthshattering.

It's a Fluffy Novel Booyah!

This is the thread that never ends,

It just goes on and on my friends.

People started posting not knowing what it was,

And they will keep on posting here forever just because...

This is the thread that never ends

You'd best come join it with your friends

'Cuz it will replace Facebook as the latest web-based craze

And everyone will post here instead for the rest of their days

This is the thread that's always there

They'll cheer you up so don't despair

The group is growing well as more people start checking in

And we'll keep sucking them in because our cheer is addictive

It's better than a Mercedes Benz

It helps with coffee withdrawal and other troubles, too

Eighteen hundred pages of friends all cheering for you

This thread keeps going on and on

with record-setting length and fun

It started forty-eight months ago from curiosity

and all the fun and frolic has shown this is the place to be

This is the thread that never ends...

And the place where one finds special friends,

the kind that have hearts that are strong and true

Yes, ITT ladies, I am talking to you! 

Yeah, it's superior to other trends

Friends start out scratching their head in confusion, perhaps

But then the laughter strikes and they gratefully tip their caps.

I had no idea when I entered in

That what seems a little nuts might actually save me

From going insane on days that are crazy 🤗

This is the thread that never ends....

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Good morning!

I'm meeting a friend for lunch today and will have to fetch the girls from Scout camp carpool at some point this afternoon.  I think I will have to put on my big girl pants and help them clean and organize their room over the next couple of days.  They have been working on it in spurts, but never seem to get it to the level of consistent management.  They are both massive collectors of pretty boxes and doo dads and plant experiments and craft projects.

Coffee!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Susan in TN said:

It's all your fault because I want to read The Judge's List but I'm still 32nd in line at the library and 78th in line for a digital copy and so I keep checking out other "suggested" book while I'm waiting.  None of them have been earthshattering.

It's a Fluffy Novel Booyah!

So, have you read “The Whistler” yet? It’s the first in that small series. It’s not nearly as good as “The Judges List” but it does have some back story on Lacy Stoltz (the protagonist) that would be good to have.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

The only thing I’ve gotten done today is get halfway through the Harry Bosch. Svengo.

More than me!

12 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

Apparently everyone else is being waaay more productive than I am.  Nobody has been on ITT.

No. Just unconscious.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The Whistler!  I've seen that one around - I bet it's available somewhere.   

I had lunch with a friend - she (and the other ladies from dh's office) got us an air fryer for Christmas.  ❤️ OK - now tell me what to put in it!  

I worked for a couple minutes on a puzzle until the sun (yay sun!) got in my eyes.  Now I'm just waiting to hear when the girls will be getting back from camp and I'll have to get dd19 from work.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

The Whistler!  I've seen that one around - I bet it's available somewhere.   

I had lunch with a friend - she (and the other ladies from dh's office) got us an air fryer for Christmas.  ❤️ OK - now tell me what to put in it!  

I worked for a couple minutes on a puzzle until the sun (yay sun!) got in my eyes.  Now I'm just waiting to hear when the girls will be getting back from camp and I'll have to get dd19 from work.

https://sweetpeasandsaffron.com/crispy-air-fryer-chickpeas/

• Thanks 1

Back from errand running.   Couldn't get ds's student id because they are closed this week.  Except they are also supposedly closed next week, but ds's class is still in-person.   He's required to wear the id whenever on campus but if we can't pick it up, how is that going to work?  We weren't able to get there before the holidays because we only had about 2 days where all the other stuff (proof of vax, picture sent and approved, testing done, registered for classes) that needed to be done first were actually done.

Went to mom's to visit.  Ds got car sick on the way there, it's about an hour mostly on back roads with a lot of stop and start.  Then basically just dozed on her couch once we got there.  She was putting up blinds because she wants to be "independent and accomplished", except she didn't know how to do it.  Dh helped a little bit but she wanted to do it herself and they fell when we were leaving.   So now I'm sure she felt discouraged and depressed instead of accomplished when it could have been solved if she had asked for help.   But she was determined to buy this totally inappropriate townhouse all by herself and now she's determined to do all this stuff there by herself (when a normal person would ask for help or hire someone).  I'm just waiting for other shoe to drop and I'm sure it's going to be a s**t show.   My only hope is she doesn't hurt herself too badly when it happens.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Back when we moved into our space, our landlord sent us a residential lease.  Since there were numerous things that weren't right in that, we took a state boilerplate commercial lease, made some changes and sent that to them.  They signed it and that's the lease we've been working on (since they have no way to change it while it's in effect).  It was definitely favorable to us but not in any outrageous way.  

Now that we want to take the bigger space next door, they are going to use this opportunity to "fix" the lease.  Some of it's fine, things that would be in any lease we'd have if we moved.  But they are trying to put in a big annual increase in the rent, plus a lump increase at the end of each term.  That we won't do.  One or the other is standard, not both.   We're meeting with them tomorrow so we'll see if they are willing to give on that.  If not, we're turning down the new space and will continue working with our current lease. 

Even without the extra increases, the new lease is much better for them.   So hopefully they'll go for it.  If not, we have two years on the current lease and we'll probably move then. 

If this isn't resolved this weekend, that's the end of it.  We've been working on this, back and forth for almost a year, but it's now or never.  I'm done.  

• Like 6

I did another thing.  I spent a few minutes in the boy’s room and subtly suggested he might want to throw his sheets in the wash.  And use bleach 😂. He’s doing that now.  I’m glad I taught him how to do his own wash.  Now we just need to work on the whole “recognizing when it is time” aspect.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

The girls are back from winter camp - muddy, stinky, sore, exhausted, and supremely happy.  They said they spent a minimum of two hours a day playing gaga ball.  They got to hang out with friends from previous camps - mostly Stoss, Strawberry, and Bubble Wrap.  And their classes were very interesting - they got to do fun things like geocaching and game design.

Time for everyone to banish goats and go to bed!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Junie said:

Good Morning!

Happy Friday!

We still haven't done our Christmas baking.  I think it's going to become New Year's baking.  Or maybe Valentine's baking...

Epiphany baking is totally legit!

36 minutes ago, Wheres Toto said:

Morning.  Happy New Year's Eve.   

Slept like crap, woke up at 7:30am.  Not sure what's up with that.  I had no chocolate, candy, sweets, snacks or anything yesterday.  

Heading in to work, meeting with landlord and realtor this afternoon to see if we can come to an agreement.  

(((Toto))) Hope things go well at your meeting!

• Like 4

Good morning!

I brought pup on his morning constitutional and dd19 to work.  I'm footloose and fancy free the rest of the day.  Prolly get in some reading, hear more gagaball stories from camp, and maybe (if there's enough coffee) work on the girls' room a bit.  Tonight we will eat a dinner of appetizers and snacks and watch movies.

Looks like dd15 got a spider bite on her toe.  🙁 She thought it was a blister last night, but we see two little red dots there this morning.  I better look up spider bite care.  

Coffee!

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 3

Ok, so…. we now have a plan. For the day, and for our lives. 🤣🤣🤣🤣 We will see the 4:40 showing of Spider Man and then come home and have nachoes and finger food for dinner and continue with the Marvel Movie Marathon. But now, I need to get a cupboard cleaned out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

I'm alive. 

Tomorrow we all get to take our COVID tests to celebrate the New Year. Other than that, I think I'm going to start a LOTR marathon and make lots of hot chocolate.

(We are not sick, but the boys got exposed on Monday, so we are testing in case we are just asymptomatic)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, KrissiK said:

Ok, so…. we now have a plan. For the day, and for our lives. 🤣🤣🤣🤣 We will see the 4:40 showing of Spider Man and then come home and have nachoes and finger food for dinner and continue with the Marvel Movie Marathon. But now, I need to get a cupboard cleaned out.

That’s quite the life plan…

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I want a life plan that consists of staying home watching movies and eating good food.  But there's those pesky bills.  And children.

Never met with landlord and realtor today.  They cancelled because they were at the bank too long or something.  It doesn't completely make sense but I think its just we don't have enough information about what they are doing at the bank.   If we don't sign by Tuesday, we won't sign.  They know that and they seem to want to do this.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I do have a life plan. 

We always wanted to move to Texas and while the location jumped around for a while we knew where we landed would be "home" and that's where we are. We were supposed to buy a house in the fall of 2020, but buying is still the plan. Buying a larger house now (well... "now") and selling for a tiny thing when the kids are gone 

We have no savings, so after several years we plan for Matt to start hiring people and step back from working and into company ownership, hopefully being able to "retire" at the right time.

I can probably never work again, but when the kids are gone I want to volunteer to teach adults to read.

We will probably take my dad in in the next 10 years.

I have loose travel plans including Disney World, Italy and Cancun.

I wanted to climb Mount Hood and run a marathon in Mississippi, but I think those are off the table. I also wanted to adopt 2 or 3 kids and I don't think I can do that either. The rest I'm still planning on.

• Like 2

I am helping the two youngest clean and organize their room.  They are not happy.  However, this situation is desperate and their room needs to be functional.  They are lucky I didn't go with my first inclination which was to clean it while they were at winter camp.  At least this way they are getting input as to what they can keep.

• Like 3

Happy New Year!

On 12/29/2021 at 10:14 PM, KrissiK said:

The Babyshower was nice. Spent too much $ at Target. And just finished my first book in my 2022 Reading Challenge. James Herriot’s Animal Stories. I just love his books. And it fits the category “A Book about Animals.” Don’t tell anyone I started the reading challenge a bit early. 

That's cheating!

On 12/30/2021 at 7:50 AM, Susan in TN said:

Yeah, well don't tell Krissi that I'm on my third 2022 mystery/thriller fluff novel and I will in some way be modifying categories to fit!

That's really cheating!!

On 12/30/2021 at 9:00 AM, Susan in TN said:

Good morning!

I'm meeting a friend for lunch today and will have to fetch the girls from Scout camp carpool at some point this afternoon.  I think I will have to put on my big girl pants and help them clean and organize their room over the next couple of days.  They have been working on it in spurts, but never seem to get it to the level of consistent management.  They are both massive collectors of pretty boxes and doo dads and plant experiments and craft projects.

Coffee!

I'm signing up Gymnast in this class. It used to be called: Organize your room, organize your life: https://outschool.com/classes/conquering-the-clutter-t6uMGZbg#usWYh7px2U

On 12/30/2021 at 10:01 AM, KrissiK said:

So, have you read “The Whistler” yet? It’s the first in that small series. It’s not nearly as good as “The Judges List” but it does have some back story on Lacy Stoltz (the protagonist) that would be good to have.

It's your fault. I just checked it out as an ebook through the library. Have ya'll tried the Open Library? It's free, and I think has some connection to archives.org. When I can't find a book in my library, I get it through OL. 

On 12/30/2021 at 8:53 PM, KrissiK said:

I finished Harry Bosch. I can’t believe I did that. I read my first two books of the 2022 Reading Challenge and it’s not even 2022 yet.

They don't count.

On 12/31/2021 at 6:46 AM, Junie said:

Good Morning!

Happy Friday!

We still haven't done our Christmas baking.  I think it's going to become New Year's baking.  Or maybe Valentine's baking...

Ours became NYE baking. I read instructions, and Gymnast made the pumpkin pie. She also baked several of the ready-to-bake cookies the night before, but ate them all without telling us they were even available! There's still some left to bake, so that'll get done. Eventually.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1