Menu

Ignore this thread!

On 12/25/2021 at 9:27 AM, KrissiK said:

Love the poem, Renai. I need to print it up and have DD give it to her Spanish teacher.

I found it somewhere a few years ago, and is not credited to anyone. I've seen it titled, "A New Mexican/Texas/Southwestern Night Before Christmas."

8 hours ago, Slache said:

High school. If you used a literature based four year cycle for History, did you struggle to find the time to do Economics, Government and Geography? I'm considering Old Western Culture which will be time consuming. I can take the time to do Economics, Government and Geography over 4 years which would be at half pace.

Economics and government are just one semester courses, not full year. And that's assuming an hour a day, not every day. Geography can be learned along with history.

Edited by Renai
  • Like 5

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!!~D

Tuesday!!

I slept till well after 7:00 this morning. Not looking forward to next week when  my normal schedule kicks in, but I’m trying not to think about that and just enjoy the present.

Not too much on the docket today. Likely some housework, I need to close out our budget for this year and look forward to next year. I also want to try to get a little more organized with meals and such. 

• Like 4

Morning. We're back home.   Looking forward to sleeping in my bed tonight. 

They are still working on putting in our new septic so we can't do anything that involves water going down any drains but it should only be for another hour.

I'm mostly taking it easy today.  I decided I need one day and a decent night sleep before I tackle my to-do list for the week.  

-I need to call the nursing home and see if my dad is still there or if he went home

-Call mom to see how she's doing and we're thinking of visiting for a late lunch Thursday (so she can't say we never come to her new place)

-Text landlord and realtor to remind them our Letter of Intent expires Friday

• Like 5

About twice a year I upgrade the kids chores and this week Alex got the roomba. This means empty and start it before quiet time, then make sure it's home after quiet time because it's not very smart. Today I watched him take the tank out, empty it in front of where the roomba was going to go, and then start it.

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!~D

Humph Day!! (I’m glad the week is crawling by, too, Junie. But I am not getting anything done. That’s ok, though)

It’s raining! No complaints here,

Going into the Big City this afternoon for a baby shower for my niece. That should be nice. I think we will go to Old Navy first and exchange a top DD got for Christmas and then hit Target, too. 

• Like 4

Morning.  Happy Humph Day.  I slept in a little bit and I'm finishing up my second cup of tea before heading over to the science center to do some cleaning up there.   

Later today I really need to start doing some class planning.    I want to get a little bit ahead for the rest of this session (4 weeks).

We're taking down the tree and reclaiming the living room later today.  I'll do laundry washing up all the new clothes.

• Like 5

Good morning!

How is it 10:00 already?

I was awake for a bit in the middle of the night - some crazy wind and rain that lasted for about 5 minutes and then was done.  But it woke me up.  Humph.

I banished the goats and fed the fish and still need to give the birdies fresh water and give the chicken some seeds.  Then I will try to run some errands - post office and grocery store etc.  

Sir Pups-a-lot is sitting outside my door doing his polite low growl.  Not sure what he wants - dd19 already took him on his morning constitutional.

Coffee!

• Like 5

No kidney stone is good!  Glutened not so much. 😩  

Well those errands took a while!  I stopped by the memorial gardens to check on dh's flower arrangement.  It has survived the wind and storms well.  Even the little Christmas things we stuck in there are holding tight.  I fixed the former mayor's little potted poinsettia that had tipped over.  His wife is such a sweet lady - I absolutely love her.  I seem to run into her at Aldi and Kroger all the time.

Then Target to return a game without a receipt and buy bandaids and that was super quick.  Post office was quick.  Aldi a bit slower because I was looking for special things for New Year's Eve and then ran across some yoga pants with pockets!  And debated that for a while but eventually bought 2 pairs.  Then to Kroger for pepper jelly, laundry detergent, and crab dip and then remembered that I was planning to make Not Yo Mama's Banana Pudding for New Year's so went around the store again to find that stuff.  And bought some pork shoulder roast that was on sale.

I filled up the birdfeeder for the first time in many months and the birds have already discovered it.  Mostly chickadees and a dark eyed junco.

Heere endeth mye tale.

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

The Babyshower was nice. Spent too much $ at Target. And just finished my first book in my 2022 Reading Challenge. James Herriot’s Animal Stories. I just love his books. And it fits the category “A Book about Animals.” Don’t tell anyone I started the reading challenge a bit early. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KrissiK said:

The Babyshower was nice. Spent too much $ at Target. And just finished my first book in my 2022 Reading Challenge. James Herriot’s Animal Stories. I just love his books. And it fits the category “A Book about Animals.” Don’t tell anyone I started the reading challenge a bit early. 

Cheater!  Weren’t you telling Susan that she couldn’t do that?!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Morning. I'm alive. I don't have to go to work today, but I do have to run errands in town, including purchasing COVID tests for the boys and DH. They got exposed on Monday. I might as well test on Saturday with them since I've been working all week. Nobody feels sick. Just mad.

• Like 4

Morning.  Happy Thursday.  This week is just drifting on by.

Today we are heading over to the CC to get ds's student id and a parking permit.  Then we have to swing by mom's old house to pick up a package that was accidently delivered there, then to mom's for a late lunch.  

I also have to stop by work to take a picture of the water meter that was requested by our realtor and he said he was going to call about the other space this afternoon.  Dh thinks this means they have a counter to at least part of our offer.   We'll have to wait and see if it means we turn down the space or not.  

• Like 4

Good Morning!!!,

COFFEE!!~D

Thursday!!

I woke up too early this morning, but I was having bad dreams, so I didn’t want to go back to sleep. So, I brought COFFEE!!~D and the iPad back to bed with me and I thought I’d ITT in comfort.

No real plans for the day. I bought a couple of organizational things from Target yesterday, so I think I will put those to good use.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Cheater!  Weren’t you telling Susan that she couldn’t do that?!  

Not only a cheater, but a hypocrite, because yes, I did tell Susan she couldn’t do that,

And what’s more…. I will attempt to rationalize my actions….

1) I didn’t have any good books to read this week, waiting on an Amazon delivery, so I figured I’d just close out the 2021 Reading Challenge early. So I did. I added up my books, added up my pages (that’s new for me this year) and pasted the new Reading Challenge into my notebook. Then, I was looking through a cupboard and I found this delightful James Herriot book and it seemed the perfect reading material for this week. So I picked it up and read it.

2) I read 36 books last year, which is 2 short of 2020. I was ok with being. 2 short. But, if I added the Herriot book, that would be 37 books and I just didn’t want to come up 1 shy of the record. Now, honestly, I got a couple books from Target yesterday. A Harry Bosch novel and one by Kristin Hannah and in all likelihood, I could finish one of those by tomorrow. But I don’t want to tie my record, either.

3) This week really doesn’t count in terms of actual time. It could go either way, it’s kind of a blip in the space/time continuum. 

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Kids are still sick. It's weird because everyone is throwing up, coughing, congested, dumb and lethargic, but no one has actually felt sick. Everyone has been in a good mood, everyone has been playing. Longer naps and sleeping in, but everyone is fine. Fine and barfy. It's odd.

• Like 1
  • Sad 6