Menu

Ignore this thread!

1 minute ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Quoting you a second time though to point out that it's release date was actually in the summer.  So no. 

But it's a Christmas movie. That makes no sense.

It's a real string quartet BOOYA!

Edited by Slache
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Die Hard is my kind of Christmas movie.

Mine too.

7 hours ago, Slache said:

Ho ho ho. Now I have a machine gun.

That's Christmas.

The whole thing takes place during a Christmas party, so. obviously.

7 hours ago, Junie said:

I have never seen Die Hard.

You should come over and watch it with us.  

4 hours ago, KrissiK said:

I have never seen Die Hard.

And also with you.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Morning, Happy Christmas Eve Eve.

Dh is heading down to his mom's this afternoon then driving back with her tomorrow for her to spend a few days with us.   While he's gone I may or may not have a car (his is at the shop, again) but even if I have a car, it will be his car so I won't be going anywhere.   I need to clean anyway.   We need to get ds's room ready for MIL to stay in there, dd's room ready for a mattress on the floor for her brother, the bathroom cleaned (it super duper needs it), the kitchen cleaned, the last of the laundry done.  All  before they get back tomorrow.  

We are having Christmas Eve dinner at older dd's apartment, like we did for Thanksgiving.  Dh is making lasagna.   Dd has more room than we do and my mom lives too far away.   We don't know if my mom will make it because she can't drive at night (which just adds one more layer of stupid to her moving an hour away) but we can't eat early because dd has to work.  So unless she can stay over at dd's apartment, which I'm leaving up to dd if she's comfortable with that, she can't come.  She can't stay with us because MIL will be here and we don't have any space.  

We are having Christmas Day breakfast at our house and mom will come to that even if she can't make Christmas Eve.  That's when the kids will open presents.  It will be crowded but manageable.   Dh makes sh*t on a shingle (biscuits and gravy) for Christmas Day breakfast every year. 

• Like 3

Throwback Booyahs:

Booyah bells, Booyah bells, Booyah all the way!

Oh what fun it is to Booyah in a one horse open Booo-yah!" 

Booya Bells!  Booya Bells!

Booya all the way!

Oh, what fun it is to Booya

On a night just like today! (JoJosMom)

Booyah bells, Booyah bells, Booyah all the way!

Oh what fun it is to Booyah, or booya Slashe's way!  (Ikslo)

Booya bells, booya bells,

Ringing in my head.

Oh, what fun it is

To write

A silly song like this! (JoJosMom)

Booya bells!

Booya bells!

Ringing in my head!

I really need to get to editing

Because if I get fired I'll be dead! (JoJosMom)

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Wheres Toto said:

Me too. 

I actually saw the original Star Wars in movie theaters during it's original release.

Yes, I'm old.   Old enough to be Slache's mother I think.

Me, too. That’s when I started my life long live affair with Harrison Ford. I think I was 8. I also saw ET when it first came out.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Back to the Future and Gremlins! Svengo.

I started showing my kids Gremlins once and turned it off.🤣🤣 We’ve watched Back to the Future several times. 

Several years ago we showed the kids the Dukes of Hazzard. I. was. appalled. I watched that show religiously when I was in 5th grade. With my parents’ full approval. Svengo.

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

I don't think it was Hallmark but it was called "A Castle for Christmas" on Netflix and it was bad. I got maybe halfway through and then couldn't take any more, lol.  Time to go start on dinner.

I watched the whole thing.  It didn’t get any better 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Talked to my dad.   

Stepmom says she thinks he's in a facility permanently now.

Dad thinks he's going home today.

Nurse didn't have time to talk, plus I'm probably not on the list, which is why we wanted to go in person next week and see if we could find stuff out.

I guess I'll call in a few days and see if he's still there.

Dad is 83-ish.  He said he's only had one covid shot and it was a month ago. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, Wheres Toto said:

Talked to my dad.   

Stepmom says she thinks he's in a facility permanently now.

Dad thinks he's going home today.

Nurse didn't have time to talk, plus I'm probably not on the list, which is why we wanted to go in person next week and see if we could find stuff out.

I guess I'll call in a few days and see if he's still there.

Dad is 83-ish.  He said he's only had one covid shot and it was a month ago. 

In some states (like ours) next of kin (and a daughter would qualify) can still get medical information even without medical power of attorney.  In some states, all he would have to do is to sign a HIPPA release with any providers for you to get information. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, KrissiK said:

I started showing my kids Gremlins once and turned it off.🤣🤣 We’ve watched Back to the Future several times. 

Several years ago we showed the kids the Dukes of Hazzard. I. was. appalled. I watched that show religiously when I was in 5th grade. With my parents’ full approval. Svengo.

Oh yes - Dukes of Hazzard!  And I also remember Scooby Doo being a big thing around that time.

1 hour ago, KrissiK said:

Now I really need to see it.🤣

Yep.  Also because we love and miss Snape so much.

7 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

The lady in the Hobby Lobby frame department was rude and I cried all the way home.  So go the Days of my Life.  

In other news, we found a fun doggy toy for Chester at the pet shop.  I don't think I'll wrap it - maybe just put it in a gift bag.

Give us a description of the lady in HL and the ENB will take care of it!  🥵

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

1 hour ago, Susan in TN said:

Back to the Future and Gremlins! Svengo.

Gremlins isn't clean!?

1 hour ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Happy Christmas Eve Steve!  

New ITTism.

14 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Yep.  Also because we love and miss Snape so much.

I learned he stole props throughout the series and gave them to his friends.

5 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Give us a description of the lady in HL and the ENB will take care of it!  🥵

I am already on my way!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

In some states (like ours) next of kin (and a daughter would qualify) can still get medical information even without medical power of attorney.  In some states, all he would have to do is to sign a HIPPA release with any providers for you to get information. 

I'm not next of kin since he's married.  At least that's what I was told.   A HIPPA release would do it, but when I've mentioned doing something like that, he hasn't really gone with it.  I think more from not understanding my point than resistance to the idea.  

• Like 3

I'm making ds clean out his drawers.  He's been wearing a lot of tshirts lately that don't meet the top of his pants and since he's (hopefully!) going to be on campus in January, I thought it was time.  I bought him a bunch of larger tshirts for Christmas too.   He's gained weight so his belly has definitely gotten bigger (we're working on it, going to the gym almost every day) but he also got taller so it's not completely that.   He has some tshirts that he's had for 5+ years so it's not a surprise that they don't exactly fit well.  

He won't try them all on so I took a tape measure and measured him from shoulder to where they should reach and I'm measuring any that are in doubt.   I'm sure it's not completely accurate but anything that comes up 5+ inches short is likely a goner.  I'm letting him look through the ones I pull out to donate so if there's anything he's super attached to he can pull it out and keep to wear around the house. 

• Like 3

Doing ds's drawers came about because I told him to put his laundry away today since MIL is arriving tomorrow and sleeping in his room.  His room is small and we don't want MIL to have to step over crap.  He said he couldn't put it away since there was no room in his drawers.

I asked dd but she says she has plenty of room in her drawers.  I'm 99% sure that's NOT true and that she also has things that don't fit her but hers can be done after Christmas since only her and ds are sleeping in her room and things are actually in drawers. 

• Like 2

Ds just came out with a pair of pants, "these are for the get rid of pile, just look at them"

Me: "what am I looking at?"

Ds: "they look so uncomfortable"

Me: "Are they actually uncomfortable or do they just look uncomfortable?"

Ds:  rolls up legs of pj pants and pulls on other pants over the top.  "What the.....?"  turns around and takes pants back in his room.

Okay then.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

My DBS20 (dear baby sister) and DN85 (dear nana) are in their respective local emergency rooms (tachycardia and a fall that didn't sound too bad...). Hopefully they will both Behave and be sent home shortly.

I'm in exactly the mood to put coal in certain bunnies' stockings if they need it!

• Like 1
  • Sad 7

25 minutes ago, Carolina Wren said:

My DBS20 (dear baby sister) and DN85 (dear nana) are in their respective local emergency rooms (tachycardia and a fall that didn't sound too bad...). Hopefully they will both Behave and be sent home shortly.

I'm in exactly the mood to put coal in certain bunnies' stockings if they need it!

I’m sorry about the ER visits. 

I am 99% sure that the bunnies would eat the coal. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

13 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

I couldn't get past Cary Elwes.  "As you wish", lol.

I'm not sure I understand this. But, I also don't know actors. It's a nice brain dead movie if you don't really want to pay attention to what's going on. 😂

8 hours ago, KrissiK said:

Now I really need to see it.🤣

Ok, now this is talking about something else, but I lost track with what it is. Something about machine guns, blah story, a lot of swearing, but real violin playing. Are we back to "Die Hard?"

8 hours ago, ikslo said:

I watched the whole thing.  It didn’t get any better 🤣

Nope. Not in the least. Sappy, your token gay guy, your token mixed race almost-couple, and a story plot that barely makes sense. But, I'd put it on in the background if there was nothing else to watch at the time (which there always is!). 🤣🤣

6 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

The lady in the Hobby Lobby frame department was rude and I cried all the way home.  So go the Days of my Life.  

In other news, we found a fun doggy toy for Chester at the pet shop.  I don't think I'll wrap it - maybe just put it in a gift bag.

I'm sorry.

Dollar Tree has some cute dog stockings for $1. We got one for our dogs to put their treats in. 😃

3 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

The Great Christmas Bunny Cage Clean is done!

I've been trying to get Gymnast to do that all day!

• Like 4

Well Sir Pups-a-lot jumped on my bed and stuck his nose in his Christmas gift bag. I put it up on top of the refrigerator so he wouldn’t growl at my bedroom door all night. I am really hoping he sleeps tonight!

We watched “It’s a Wonderful Night”  - that was always David’s favorite Christmas movie. 😊

• Like 5