• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Jean in Newcastle

• Susan in TN

• KrissiK

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You know, saying "ignore this thread" to this group is like saying "don't push the big red button!" 

Homeschoolers.     They always think the rules don't apply to them.

Coming out of my long time lurking because I couldn't ignore this thread..  :leaving:

Posted Images

Here's an ed-po that I can't take advantage of....  I saw an ad on Facebook and clicked it for a writing workbook from "Learning Without Tears."  I suppose that's the newish name of Handwriting Without Tears?  Anyway, the writing workbook is called Building Writers.  It's a series that goes up to 5th grade, but the covers have letters (A - F), so grade level is not on the book.  It appears to cover narrative writing, information writing, and opinion writing in a user friendly manner.  Maybe this has been around for awhile, but I had never seen it before.  You're welcome!

• Like 7

Will this be the day?

(Will this be the day?)

Sweet Potato's born

(Sweet Potato's born)

We will rejoice

(We will rejoice)

When she leaves the womb

(When she leaves the womb)

How long is she gonna make us wait?

We want a reason to celebrate!

Will this be day?

(Will this be the day?)

Sweet Potato's born!

Edited by Servant4Christ
syllables and rhythm
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2
51 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

Here's an ed-po that I can't take advantage of....  I saw an ad on Facebook and clicked it for a writing workbook from "Learning Without Tears."  I suppose that's the newish name of Handwriting Without Tears?  Anyway, the writing workbook is called Building Writers.  It's a series that goes up to 5th grade, but the covers have letters (A - F), so grade level is not on the book.  It appears to cover narrative writing, information writing, and opinion writing in a user friendly manner.  Maybe this has been around for awhile, but I had never seen it before.  You're welcome!

I saw that for the first time recently, also.  It looked good.

• Like 4

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!!~D

Day!!

Hot!!🔥🔥🔥🔥☀️☀️☀️🔥🔥🔥😩😩😩

Busy!!

Two Zoom meetings for work, in between those I have to take my two oldest to school for a drive-through thing to pick up their stuff. I am imagining that to be a total zoo. A bunch of kids who haven’t seen their friends in two months? Come on, who are we kidding? 

• Like 7

Morning. It's looking like a wash today as far as doing anything, but I still have hopes of a morning spent picking blueberries. Got our masks for working outside and everything. But I'll have to check the message later, because the weather really is supposed to be dicey today.

Got ten million reading and critiquing things to do today. First order of business is to set them all out and prioritize, then get them checked off my list one by one. 

• Like 9
1 hour ago, Servant4Christ said:

Will this be the day?

(Will this be the day?)

Sweet Potato's born

(Sweet Potato's born)

We will rejoice

(We will rejoice)

When she leaves the womb

(When she leaves the womb)

How long is she gonna make us wait?

We want a reason to celebrate!

Will this be day?

(Will this be the day?)

Sweet Potato's born!

I hope so!  I’m feeling nauseous and crampy so that’s “good.”  I asked dh to stay home and take me to my appt this morning. Getting my membranes stripped. Taking the birth bag and crssing my fingers!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4
31 minutes ago, Spudater said:

I hope so!  I’m feeling nauseous and crampy so that’s “good.”  I asked dh to stay home and take me to my appt this morning. Getting my membranes stripped. Taking the birth bag and crssing my fingers!

Crossing my fingers for you! Who knows? Maybe they'll say no need to strip the membranes because she's already set to make her grand entrance!

Edited by Servant4Christ
  • Like 2

I'm in an unexplainably joyful mood this morning. Even after Youngest woke me at 2am. He did go back to sleep though, and Itty Bitty didn't play near as much havoc on my bladder overnight which I'm very thankful for. The children are being good for the most part and we should be done with school by the end of the week. We'll take a short break (maybe a week) for me to grade and do end of the school year paperwork, then we'll get a head start into next year's English and math books, much to Oldest's disappointment.

Edited by Servant4Christ
  • Like 4

Morning.   I cancelled algebra this morning, and dd cancelled our workout so I'm going to do laundry and clean. Yippee.  So much fun.

I still have to set up school.  Since our lake is open, I'm going to set up the same amount of school for the kids but give them two weeks to do it.   At least a few mornings a week, I'll wake them up, go workout with dd early, get home for lunch and go to the lake after lunch.   Other days, like when I have algebra, it won't matter and we won't go to the lake or go later in the afternoon/after dinner. 

At least that's the tentative plan.  We'll see how it goes.

• Like 4

Good morning!  Go Spudz, Go!

The iPad has been occupied this morning by the youngers looking at puppy videos.  We told them last night about the puppy and they are still pretty psyched.  There's now a  paper taped to the wall where they are putting down suggestions for names.  Everything from Butterscotch to Keith.  ?  Lol.

At breakfast I was reminded of "Sit, Ubu, sit.  Good dog." Anyone remember where that's from?

Coffee!

• Like 3
9 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

The iPad has been occupied this morning by the youngers looking at puppy videos.  We told them last night about the puppy and they are still pretty psyched.  There's now a  paper taped to the wall where they are putting down suggestions for names.  Everything from Butterscotch to Keith.  ?  Lol.

At breakfast I was reminded of "Sit, Ubu, sit.  Good dog." Anyone remember where that's from?

Coffee!

That was the tv producers “trademark “ that came at the end of tv shows like Family Ties. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Hello, ladies, I remembered to come back today, lol.  Nothing much going on here today except recycling and of course dropping people off and picking them up.  Anybody got any dinner ideas for me?  Extra points if it can be done in the air fryer, DH is loving air fried french fries and i'm determined to learn to make more stuff in that thing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
33 minutes ago, mama25angels said:

Hello, ladies, I remembered to come back today, lol.  Nothing much going on here today except recycling and of course dropping people off and picking them up.  Anybody got any dinner ideas for me?  Extra points if it can be done in the air fryer, DH is loving air fried french fries and i'm determined to learn to make more stuff in that thing.

air fried fish and chips?  Or chicken and chips?  https://www.foodfaithfitness.com/crispy-air-fried-fish/

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Coffee!

At the end of Family Ties?

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

I remember it from the end of Taxi.

I outdoorsed. That is all.

• Like 3

I took oldest DD to her school for the drive-through pick up thingie. I thoroughly embarrassed her by waving at all the teachers, she wanted to die. I felt like I accomplished my purpose.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
2 hours ago, Renai said:

W'sup? I am not going back to read 10 pages.

I threw a tantrum earlier today and put myself in Time Out.  It's nice here.

I didn't realize that we only have 4 tortillas in the house, so for dinner we are having Tacos and/or Rice de Carnitas.

• Like 5
6 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

I always thought it was boo boo, too. And in my universe, it still is.

I think this is what I'll do.

• Like 3

I got lots of laundry done, set up school for two weeks, rearranged some school related books, we went by the lake to put our kayaks on their summer racks (we strap them to our canoe for the winter where they are more sheltered and less likely to blow away), dd and I took a few laps around the lake, then home.    I found it easier to get in and out of the kayak than I remember it being last year so maybe all these workouts with dd are having an effect.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
23 minutes ago, Slache said:

It should be boo boo. That makes more sense.

14 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

I always thought it was boo boo, too. And in my universe, it still is.

Me three.  

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, Slache said:

Apparently MIL has old film reels of Woody Woodpecker and Abbott and Costello.

I’m glad that makes her happy.  

I think it's cool.

I couldn’t tell from your post what you thought.  Or if there was some manipulation involved. 😆

Personally, I didn’t like either of those, but old reels in and of themselves are very cool - if you have a machine to play them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
4 minutes ago, ikslo said:

I couldn’t tell from your post what you thought.  Or if there was some manipulation involved. 😆

Personally, I didn’t like either of those, but old reels in and of themselves are very cool - if you have a machine to play them.

She has lots of weird old things. She's sent a lot of WWII memorabilia to John. Have I mentioned that my husband is German? Ahem.

She has lots of weird old things. She's sent a lot of WWII memorabilia to John. Have I mentioned that my husband is German? Ahem.

Classy