Menu

Ignore this thread!

So evidently we aren't just getting a lot of rain, now they are calling it a nor'easter and a bunch of schools are closing.  I think they are mainly worried about flooding, but now I'm thinking this isn't going to be a fun winter. 

I can't close tomorrow, I have plans during my break week (which is the week we makeup classes for any closings).   It's not supposed to be an issue this early in the year.

• Sad 4

44 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

We had a little burial for Pipkin, The Elderly Bunny.  I played "The Sky Boat Song", as is traditional for pet burials at our house.  R.I.P. little bunny.

I learned that song and the history thereof after watching Outlander. It's the theme song. It's beautiful. What did you play it on?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Susan in TN said:

Oh my word!  I never even thought to look at etsy!  This is really cool and has more personalization options. And less expensive. ❤️

The official brand has custom. I think I'd want that for consistency, but the leather is lovely.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, KrissiK said:

I am here. We are a little soggy. Had a very nice rain here in Central California. And the mountains have a beautiful dusting of snow. I love it. It never rains here in October. The air is so clean.

Yay for rain!

1 hour ago, Slache said:

Matt's off to take the big test!

👍

1 hour ago, Critterfixer said:

Morning. Revisions. Lake. That's all I've got.

That's plenty!

• Like 2

I'm so glad this is over. I knew if he failed we'd come up with the money for him to take it again. I knew if he failed he'd learn from the experience and do better next time. I knew the test had a 30% first time pass rate and that he should fail. But I am just. so. tired. of him studying. He still has two jobs so he's always busy, chronically underslept and honestly just awful to be around. We were told this was a 3-4 month commitment, and before covid it was, but it's been 8 months and this lifestyle is awful. We're so grateful for the break.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Junie said:

Toto, Just wanted to let you know I'm thinking of you.

I hope you were able to have your classes today and that y'all aren't flooded up there.

Thank you that's sweet.    We had no problems.   It rained pretty heavy last night but I didn't hear any particularly high winds or anything.  Our river is running a little high but no worse than any other time it rains a lot.   Today was off and on showers, nothing even too heavy.    I'm not sure if last night was worse than it sounded and I just didn't notice or if it missed us.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

We did pickle autopsies in Forensics today.  It was really really funny.  

Just this week and next week and we are off for a week.  Oldest dd and I are taking a trip up to Connecticut to a very large used book store in the middle of my break week.  I can't wait.   We're heading up early Tuesday morning, we'll shop, eat, shop, sleep, get up and eat, shop some more, and head home.   It's about a 3 1/2 to 4 hour drive so not too bad.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Morning.  It's Wednesday, I think.  

I completely forgot to send dd a text about working out.  I woke up about 7:15 and remembered (we meet at 7:30).   My teacher who is leaving has been out sick and I've been trying to figure out coverage.  Luckily my other teachers are amazing and have stepped up to help, but I can't keep putting it on them.  

I have until the end of next week to see if I can hire someone and if not I probably have to change around my schedule and remove some classes.   

• Sad 5

Good morning!

All the carved pumpkins turned out well.  Ds26 made a geometric "3D" kind of design.  It took as long to design as it did to carve, lol.

Dd23, ds26, and I brought dd18 to college and then went to the memorial gardens to add some fall leaves to the flowers.  Dd23 is going out to coffee and will head back home to The City That Must Not Be Named around lunchtime.  It's been great having her here.

No major plans for the rest of the day.  Prolly should make a list of useful tasks.

Coffee!

• Like 4