Menu

Ignore this thread!

I'm still waiting for the rain.

I've been predicting it since Friday and my pain is getting worse. 😞

The weather prediction is for tomorrow, but I'm hoping that my prediction of tonight is right.

ETA: It's a Let It Rain Booyah!

Edited by Junie
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KrissiK said:

I am quite upset right now. I was expecting to watch the Raiders play on Fox, but they are showing Detroit and LA Chargers. This is not right. I need to lodge a complaint. So,  now I am watching ChIcago and Tampa. I am cheering for ChIcago, simply because I think Tom Brady is a bozo.

Tampa is killing ChIcago and I just found out that the Raiders are playing in the Fox Sports Network. Not that anyone cares, but I just needed to share that. It has not been a very satisfying afternoon.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

40 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Juliet must have a hidden calendar app in her.  She absolutely knows that it's agility day and is nagging me to go.  I am going a bit later today because of the stormy weather.  I am not taking her early this time to go run in the field! 

I have seen multiple studies supposedly proving that dogs have no sense of time. They can't tell the difference between 5 minutes and 5 hours, and they can't track days, weeks, months or years. I don't know who ran these studies, but I have news for them.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

42 minutes ago, Slache said:

I have seen multiple studies supposedly proving that dogs have no sense of time. They can't tell the difference between 5 minutes and 5 hours, and they can't track days, weeks, months or years. I don't know who ran these studies, but I have news for them.

Cats know time. Lily-cat starts meowing to be let in every morning at 5:15, which is when we get up.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Slache said:

🙄 Studies.  Shoot, my chickens even know the days of the week!  They get leftover oatmeal on Mondays and they start pacing around 7am every Monday morning watching and waiting for it.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Slache said:

What are your places?

Lots of them.  A couple from before college - Jamaica and USSR; some from the past 10 years - Denmark/Sweden/Norway, East Coast, Acadia, Blue Ridge Parkway, Lake Powell, Memphis, Philmont Scout Ranch, a few others. And a couple in between.  I'll probably do a few custom ones to combine places (and for USSR).

I'm not getting one for every single place. Just the major and/or significant trips.

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Susan in TN said:

Lots of them.  A couple from before college - Jamaica and USSR; some from the past 10 years - Denmark/Sweden/Norway, East Coast, Acadia, Blue Ridge Parkway, Lake Powell, Memphis, Philmont Scout Ranch, a few others. And a couple in between.  I'll probably do a few custom ones to combine places (and for USSR).

I'm not getting one for every single place. Just the major and/or significant trips.

That's lotsa places!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Slache said:

That's lotsa places!

It's cuz I'm so old.

7 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I don't know what that is. 

I didn't either until facebook told me about it a couple days ago.  Facebook is listening.

23 minutes ago, Junie said:

Not feeling terrible this morning.  Still waiting for the rain to come so that the barometer will stop falling.

Progress!  The rain is moving out of my area now, so hopefully it will reach you before too long.

• Like 2

In addition to that a 7am, dh also didn't get gas on his way home from his mom's yesterday.  He ended up stalling right at the end of our driveway, blocking the way out so I couldn't leave to meet dd to workout.   She swung by to pick me up and take him to get some gas, but he ended up borrowing some gas from a neighbor and was able to get his car going.  

I only have one class today (since I'm not covering for my teacher) and it's a non-messy/easy one.  

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Pipkin, The Elderly Bunny, has passed over the rainbow to the Great Orchard Grass Field in the Sky.  Dd23 (who is his actual bunny mama) is coming up to visit for a couple days and should be here later this afternoon, so we will have a little burial for him tonight when we are all home.  Pipkin's twin sister, Hazel, seems to be OK for now.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 4

A 6-pack of bags of rice cakes, addressed to me using the format I use for Amazon orders (so as to distinguish them from gifts during Party Season), arrived today.

A search of my account confirms that, as I thought, I have never ordered rice cakes from Amazon; nor do I see any reason why I would buy a 6-pack of them from anybody. We're not particularly into rice cakes.

I do not have any other missing items from Amazon that would make me think they sent me this instead of something else I bought.

The USPS tracking number says they haven't received this package yet. The return address is for what appears to be a small town in New Jersey.

Mysterious.

Edited by Carolina Wren
  • Like 1
  • Confused 5

I verified that I didn't accidentally order rice cakes from other places either (although they wouldn't use that address format). My guess is that somebody in an Amazon warehouse packaging the TP I ordered (which also arrived today) accidentally printed my sticker twice instead of my sticker for my box and then the next sticker for the next box. The return addresses on the two boxes are the same.

But nothing actually says Amazon--no receipt inside, no logo on the outer box.

UPDATE: Amazon says go ahead and either keep them or donate them and they will refund them for whoever is missing them. That's what I expected. With no receipt inside, there's no telling who will be missing rice cakes today. I will bring some to the Little Free Pantry a different day, and use the rest for snacks since they're good for almost a year.

Edited by Carolina Wren
  • Like 5
  • Confused 1