Menu

Ignore this thread!

1 hour ago, Wheres Toto said:

Can I automatically eliminate people who ask questions that are clearly answered in the ad?  

Pet Peeve - people who don't read things.  Especially things that are a short list of bullet points.  Especially things that are likely to be considered important by the person not reading it.  

My husband gets this all the time. He will send an email out saying "I want to do an inspection at this location on this date at this time. Please send me this paperwork." About 50% of the time the response is "When do you want to do the inspection and what paperwork do you need?" I really wish he could just respond with "Read my email."

24 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

Because that’s what we do. 

No. My kids.

It's a Slache is irritable Booya.

Edited by Slache
  • Like 5

34 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

There’s supposed to be some sort of hurricane bomb coming at us at the end of the weekend/ beginning of next week. I think Jean is going to really get walloped, but we are still getting some rain this far 

I think that I am going to get walloped too. I wonder if I can get some weed whacking done before the wind gusts start gusting?  

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I think that I am going to get walloped too. I wonder if I can get some weed whacking done before the wind gusts start gusting?  

I meant you, Jean. 🤣🤣🤣 Not the other Jean.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

We are going through old photos. We came across this photo of me holding an animal at my childhood home in Japan . It looks like a monkey (though it could possibly be a puppy). My siblings insist that it looks more like a monkey and I agree. But I don’t remember holding a monkey!  (It’s an old black and white photo- the resolution isn’t that sharp). 

• Like 3

I made hot chocolate mix.  alton brown's recipe that includes toasting the dry milk powder.  I must have too much time on my hands.  I also made some stevia-sweetened mix for myself.

Dinner tonight is plain old spaghetti with sauce from a jar.  And a green salad.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

21 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

I made hot chocolate mix.  alton brown's recipe that includes toasting the dry milk powder.  I must have too much time on my hands.  I also made some stevia-sweetened mix for myself.

Dinner tonight is plain old spaghetti with sauce from a jar.  And a green salad.

You toast dry milk powder?? Seriously?? How does that make it better?.

• Like 3

So apparently my life totally revolves around shoes now. Though if you felt like you’d been walking on shards of glass for years then you’d understand why. I love my Xero Prio shoes. But they aren’t waterproof. And the PNW is now in its rainy season. So I went back to REI and asked if the waterproof Xero hiking boots I saw last week were there. And they were. And they fit. But they didn’t feel minimalist at all to me (perhaps because they are hiking boots?) so I decided not to buy them. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I didn't know the PNW got hurricanes.  

We are supposed to get three days of rain but it doesn't say anything about winds so I'm figuring not a hurricane.  

• Like 4

I think I'm picking up dinner from Applebees for tonight.   We always get pizza because they deliver but that's not one of dd's favorites.  She eats a bigger variety than ds and gets tired of always ordering from places that has stuff he'll eat.   He may just have to eat one of his usuals, or I can make french fries for him.

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, Wheres Toto said:

I didn't know the PNW got hurricanes.  

We are supposed to get three days of rain but it doesn't say anything about winds so I'm figuring not a hurricane.  

We get “atmospheric rivers”. Usually not hurricanes. I wonder if it would be called a typhoon since it comes off the Pacific?  

• Like 3

I spent the day making apple jelly, and discovered my dog loves apples. He's never been interested in them before, but must have thought they were worth it because why else would his human stay in the food-room all day messing with red balls?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

I ended up just running to the store for dinner stuff.  Dd had breadsticks and alfredo sauce, which is what she would have gotten from Applebees, which is why I didn't feel like I should pay those prices for it.  Even I can cook breadsticks (frozen) and alfredo sauce (jarred).  

I had pierogis (frozen) with sour cream.   And feel totally bloated and uggy.  I haven't had pierogis in months and months. 

I also bought frozen soft pretzels (yummy), tortellini (to use up the alfredo), and ice cream (Pfish food for me).  

Soooooo much healthier than eating out.  😆

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

So apparently my life totally revolves around shoes now. Though if you felt like you’d been walking on shards of glass for years then you’d understand why. I love my Xero Prio shoes. But they aren’t waterproof. And the PNW is now in its rainy season. So I went back to REI and asked if the waterproof Xero hiking boots I saw last week were there. And they were. And they fit. But they didn’t feel minimalist at all to me (perhaps because they are hiking boots?) so I decided not to buy them. 

I did Mount St. Helens in those. Not minimal. I wear my sandals in the rain, but cold doesn't bother me. What about the spray on waterproof stuff? I don't know anything about it.

• Like 2

I have waterproofing spray if you want to come over and try it.

Apple jelly sounds amazing.

The wedding went pretty well.  I messed up a bit on the processional because I taped my pages together in the wrong order and the pianist repeated a section unexpectedly.  I call it The Picasso version.  

• Like 4

3 hours ago, KrissiK said:

You toast dry milk powder?? Seriously?? How does that make it better?.

Spread on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and bake at 300* for 20 minutes.  Apparently it adds a whole extra level of depth to the flavor - caramel and stuff.  I don't know if I can tell a difference or not.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Slache said:

I did Mount St. Helens in those. Not minimal. I wear my sandals in the rain, but cold doesn't bother me. What about the spray on waterproof stuff? I don't know anything about it.

I would guess that the thin barefoot sole would be impossible to achieve with the need for a good tread in a hiking boot.

10 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

I would guess that the thin barefoot sole would be impossible to achieve with the need for a good tread in a hiking boot.

Yes. I spoke to them over the phone before purchasing. They were good hiking shoes. Not for serious climbs, but good enough for me.

• Like 1

I'm feeling cranky today.  Like I just want to yell at someone or more likely for me, just be really snarky.  

My stepmother called for the second time in about a week to ask for money.  Didn't ever return my calls when I used to call weekly.  Didn't call to tell me when my dad was in the hospital again.  Didn't call during the weeks when he was in rehab after the hospital.  Just calls now when they want money.  I told them before that if they gave me the information on the bills, we could pay something on them directly.   But for some reason they won't do that.  I don't trust her so I don't want to send cash (check).  

• Sad 4

2 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Spread on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and bake at 300* for 20 minutes.  Apparently it adds a whole extra level of depth to the flavor - caramel and stuff.  I don't know if I can tell a difference or not.  

Well, I may just have to try that.

• Like 1

Ok, so…. I am reading a really good book right now. I have to share. “The Midnight Library” by Matt Haig. It is very thought provoking and well written. I say out on the back patio this afternoon for a while reading.

Edited by KrissiK
  • Thanks 4

Good morning!

(((Toto))) 

I think it is very important for banana bread to have chocolate chips.

So so sleepy this morning.  We have early service and Sunday school this morning.  Then we will spend the afternoon with the Scout troops helping with a fall festival at a local church.

Coffee!

• Like 4

Good Morning!

Happy Sunday!

Zoom Iglesia and Facebook Church!

I have never had banana bread with chocolate chips, but I'm not convinced that I would like it.  I'm very sensitive to food textures, and I think this would change it too much for me.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

I require the recipe for the hot chocolate. Thanks.

LOL.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Morning. Trying to organize my brain this morning. Sure would help if I was more caffeinated. I have a manuscript I need to go through to approve or reject edits. I have two Beta reading documents to craft for two stories--inline notes are done. And I have to work most of next week and somehow get ready for NaNoWriMo and revise this story. And I have to read through some more material that requires my decision on Monday. 

Lots to do!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

So, the Dodgers choked last night. I guess it’s the Braves and the Astros in the World Series. The Dodgers always choke when it comes down to the wire. Except for last year, but last year didn’t count because it was 2020. The cursed year.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, KrissiK said:

Ok, so…. I am reading a really good book right now. I have to share. “The Midnight Library” by Matt Haig. It is very thought provoking and well written. I say out on the back patio this afternoon for a while reading.

This is a very popular book at our library.  Long wait.  But the digital version should be available sooner from the digital library. 😊

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

My hold on Mere Christianity by CS Lewis just came in at the library. Remind me to pick it up tomorrow. (I do have a copy somewhere but all my books are in boxes at the moment. ). 

You and I both. Actually, Gymnast also has books that need to be picked up. Oh, and several books to return. We should start getting those together...

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

This is a very popular book at our library.  Long wait.  But the digital version should be available sooner from the digital library. 😊

I just bought it. I don’t do well with libraries. Too much pressure.

• Like 2

I am quite upset right now. I was expecting to watch the Raiders play on Fox, but they are showing Detroit and LA Chargers. This is not right. I need to lodge a complaint. So,  now I am watching ChIcago and Tampa. I am cheering for ChIcago, simply because I think Tom Brady is a bozo.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

So far the storm hasn't been too bad.  Though the utility company outage maps show lots of outages, including some nearby.  I hope that our power stays on.  I am a wimp in cold.  I came home from church and have put on my first sweatshirt of the season.  I will bundle up even more for agility - which is in an open barn which has a room but sides open to the wind and rain. 

• Like 4