Menu

Ignore this thread!

3 minutes ago, Junie said:

1.  I thought you meant homeschool was taking too long.  Now I get it.

2.  Unbirthday is usually a half birthday to place your birthday at a more favorable time of the year.  I don't think it's Critter's half birthday, but I know she doesn't like the weather when her birthday happens so she adopted Oct. 22nd.  Not a ghost.

Yay!

• Like 2

I had one class today that one student was absent and two others came 20 minutes late, so we ended up playing Jeopardy the whole class because we didn't have time to do the lecture and the lab (originally it was just ds and one other student who wanted to do some review.  Then I had another class, that is a math class, that one student is bored, one is doing well and working really hard, one is struggling but sort of working at it, and one is completely lost, missed a week, didn't do the homework and never takes notes in class.   Not a very good percentage there.  And it's a twice a week class. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

1 hour ago, Wheres Toto said:

If I get shoes that aren't the super supportive kind, I kind of want hi-tops.  I used to love lacing them up in patterns and then you didn't have to tie them.  They always looked so neat and I liked the way they felt wearing them.  

But the xeros are intriguing too.

https://xeroshoes.com/shop/shoes/toronto-women/

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Nice, I like those. 

I also like a lot of their boots.  

How are the tops to sole?  Fairly loose?  I end to walk on the inside of my foot so when I used to wear soft moccasins (way back when they were in style), they used to wind up lopsided.  

13 minutes ago, Wheres Toto said:

Nice, I like those. 

I also like a lot of their boots.  

How are the tops to sole?  Fairly loose?  I end to walk on the inside of my foot so when I used to wear soft moccasins (way back when they were in style), they used to wind up lopsided.  

I don't think that you could do that?  I just tried shifting my foot to the side and I was unable to shift off of the actual sole (as minimal as that sole is).  The "ribbon" (for lack of a better describing word) that goes from the back to the sole to the top laces seems to keep the foot from rotating too much in the shoe. 

• Like 2

Good morning!

I'm hungry.  I had to go to the dr. office to get fasting labs done.  Ds16 has his first behind-the-wheel training this morning.  I have to take dd18 to work, and maybe Just maybe I can make some progress on fall/winter clothes today.  We're going to a friend's house for a bit this afternoon.

Coffee!

• Like 5

Good Morning!

Happy Friday!

I woke up with a headache again (after having a pretty bad one all day yesterday), but this one seems to be subsiding already.  I'm thankful.

Fall and winter clothes have been strewn all over the living room floor for two days.  We started the project and then migraines interfered.  Hopefully we'll get it finished today or tomorrow.

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I am home. I hope you don’t mind one more Xero post. But I drove 7 hours today. Usually the last three hours of this journey is sheer torture as my calves are cramping nonstop. But today- absolutely no cramping. Is it the perfectly flat shoes?  (I really don’t know). 

Would you say that xeros are better than cheap flip-flops?  

Good morning!

My lab test results came in.  My HDL cholesterol is too high and my LDL cholesterol is too low.  So that all balances out, right?

It's a busy day.  Took ds16 to drivers ed., then dd18 to work and now I'm heading to The Lobby of Hobbies with dd15 to get stuff for halloween costumes.  I woke up extra early with the realization that my worlds have collided and ds26 and I agreed to do a wedding this afternoon at the same time that ds16 needs to be picked up from drivers ed.  So if he doesn't finish class super early, he'll have to walk home.  Or to the church, which is on the way home.  He'd probably get there about the time the wedding is done, so we can drive him home from there.  It's a pleasant walk and the weather will be nice, so it will be good for him.  The Two Youngest may or may not be having a movie night with a friend tonight.  Is it bedtime yet?

Coffee!

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 5

Dh's coworkers wife isn't taking the teaching position.  Too many hours away from teaching her kids.  Which is understandable but it would have made my life easier.   We did work out a plan B with me teaching a bunch more classes, one of my teachers teaching extra classes two days, adding kids to two new classes that we are adding that are for slightly older kids but it would be doable with current students, and possible having to cancel one class.  

The teacher who quit was also rethinking her decision but the reasons she quit haven't really changed so I'm a little leery about that.  I guess her teaching just a couple days a week, one class a day could be an option.  

This part of running a business is not fun.  

• Sad 5

Otherwise, Happy Saturday!

I had two beers last night so I slept in until around 9am.    Today I'm back to the science center to do some more reorganizing.  I have to finish up the downstairs/classroom areas today, then I can work on the upstairs/storage area tomorrow.     I have to do a little bit of class planning but not that much and I have lots of time Monday morning since I only have one class and its later in the day. 

• Like 4

Can I automatically eliminate people who ask questions that are clearly answered in the ad?  

Pet Peeve - people who don't read things.  Especially things that are a short list of bullet points.  Especially things that are likely to be considered important by the person not reading it.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

On 10/18/2021 at 9:26 AM, Susan in TN said:

I am currently looking into a second car for Some People to drive.  I'd love to get another Malibu Maxx hatchback, but they haven't made them since 2006 and they're hard to find.  I puffy heart love hatchbacks, which I guess is about the same thing as most small SUVs.

Our 12-passenger E350 has almost 200K miles on it and a slow oil leak, so I'm also trying to decide if it's worth getting another large passenger van or if we should downsize to a more normal car or SUV.  If the current van lasts a couple more years, then downsizing might be OK.  If not, I'd love a low roof Transit.  They're very pricy. I'm hoping the used car market improves pretty soon.

We are fortunate that my mom is signing over the pink slip to my dad’s pick up truck. So, as soon as DS can get his license he will have a car to drive. It’s just an old, Chevy Silverado farm truck, but…. it’s a truck.

• Like 4

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!!~D

Saturday!!

I am sort of ketchupped. 
I miss coming around here during the week. My life is so full that I just can’t squeeze anything in, and I hate it, but at this point, there is nothing I can do about it.

Nothing much planned for today. Housework, grocery shopping…. the usual Saturday stuff. 
There’s supposed to be some sort of hurricane bomb coming at us at the end of the weekend/ beginning of next week. I think Jean is going to really get walloped, but we are still getting some rain this far south.

I planted some lettuce and spinach last weekend, and that is starting to sprout. I love watching little plantlets coming up. It makes me happy.

• Like 5

40 minutes ago, Junie said:

Good Morning!

Happy Saturday!

I didn't sleep well, I have a bit of a headache, and my eyes are not focusing yet.

Time to get the day started?

No, you can go back to bed. I will send Georges in in a bit with some herbal tea and delicate pastries.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 10/22/2021 at 6:03 AM, Susan in TN said:

🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉   
🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈

Happy UnNirthday, Critter!!

🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈    
🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉

That’s right!! It was Critter’s UnNirthday. We should have gotten Rocco to fire up the chopper and flown us to the Island for a big shindig.

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We finally have some hummingbirds. I had that feeder up for a whole year and we never had hummers. (I did change the syrup from time to time, I know it can spoil) But now, we have about 3 regulars. And our poor Misty-cat just sits and watches them. The feeder is completely inaccessible to her, and she is so disappointed.

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1