Menu

What's with the ads?

18 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

🤣 No.  I'm going to repeat weeks 1 and 2 and then quit.  And then restart and repeat weeks 1 and 2.  And then quit.  etc.  😆

Lynn's housekeeping and exercise routines match up to mine perfectly.  No commitment to either. 🙂

Lazy women BOOYAH!

Edited by ikslo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4

Did I say Good Morning this morning?  I don't remember.    If I didn't, Hello Good Afternoon, Happy Wednesday.

Walked again with dd today.  I brought along my pulse oximeter to check at that midpoint where I was having the pain/weak feeling and my ox-sat in finger and toe at that point were nearly the same.   So maybe peripheral artery disease is not the issue.   Could still be (I definitely have risk factors), but the suggested course for PAD (other than doctor) is to continue exercising so there we go.  I'm also going to start working on diet now that exercise is a good routine, so hopefully help my cholesterol.   I'm doing the WW points system.   

In looking at other things, the pain could be shin splints.  Doesn't completely explain the weak feeling but it's the right place for the pain.   And we are doing some pretty intense hills and I did up my exercise fairly recently, all of which are risk factors.  If it's this, we need to change our course.  The huge initial hill and other hills are the worse thing for this.  

• Like 1

I had a goal to lose 20 pounds this year before I knew about the baby. Now I want to lose 30 between my 6 week checkup and all of 2021.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Slache said:

I had a goal to lose 20 pounds this year before I knew about the baby. Now I want to lose 30 between my 6 week checkup and all of 2021.

Pray the baby is an efficient nurser?  My baby got me down to a size 4.  I wasn't even a size 4 in high school.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, ikslo said:

Pray the baby is an efficient nurser?  My baby got me down to a size 4.  I wasn't even a size 4 in high school.

I was a 12 on highschool and not overweight. If I'm a 4 I've been dead for at least 6 months.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

1 minute ago, Slache said:

I was a 12 on highschool and not overweight. If I'm a 4 I've been dead for at least 6 months.

I was a 12 in high school too.  And not overweight at all.  

I'm back up where I was in January.  I was doing good until pandemic snacking started.   

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

28 minutes ago, Slache said:

I was a 10.  I was an 8 when I got pregnant.  I lost too much weight nursing.  Baby had allergies, so I had to work within that.  I could see bones.  I saw a nutritionist/dietician at a teaching hospital.  Nutritionist let student handle the meeting, and she suggested mayo and peanut butter.  Kiddo is allergic to eggs and peanuts.  I did not end up paying for the appointment.

Anyway, I lost weight.:)  I'm a 12 now.  So you can see it is not a long-term solution.  It was not healthy for me.  Baby benefitted.  And I kept my size 4 pants for a long time, just because.

Edited by ikslo
  • Like 1

I've never been a snacker, really.  I think maybe because I inserted coffee into that slot?  I inbibe waaaaaay too much caffeine.  My coffee cup is like a security blanket.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, ikslo said:

I was a 10.  I was an 8 when I got pregnant.  I lost too much weight nursing.  Baby had allergies, so I had to work within that.  I could see bones.  I saw a nutritionist/dietician at a teaching hospital.  Nutritionist let student handle the meeting, and she suggested mayo and peanut butter.  Kiddo is allergic to eggs and peanuts.  I did not end up paying for the appointment.

Anyway, I lost weight.:)  I'm a 12 now.  Sp you can see it is not a long-term solution.  It was not healthy for me.  Baby benefitted.  And I kept my size 4 pants for a long time, just because.

I'm sorry.

I'm not sure I have bones.

I would have had the pants framed and hung above my bed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

DS was hungry all the time and if not nursing, fussed if we were staying still. In pictures from when he was a toddler, I look... angular. I recovered all right, though. 🙂

It's still raining. Who sent these rain clouds? Take them back! Ikslo, are they yours? I'm done with them for a couple of weeks. Kindly put them back in storage if you don't need them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ikslo said:

Mine, apparently.  We were doing it as a read aloud and half-way through or thereabouts he asked if we could please just stop reading this book.   We stopped, and I still have no idea how the book ended.  I guess I wasn't really interested either.

Oh no! Does it move super slow or is it just not overly interesting content-wise? I hope this doesn't happen to us. He loves Rascal, Tom Sawyer, ect and keeps hunting for My Side of the Mountain because he knows it's coming. I let him read most books on his own and then when I see he's about halfway through, we begin reading them as a family to discuss comprehension and such. I only read part of the Google sample and got sucked in so I'll read it even if he doesn't. Lol

1 hour ago, ikslo said:

Give him a big black sharpie and let him go to town.  Or cover it with black or blue contact paper.  It's just a math book.  If he learns the math, is the resale value really that important?  Any girls that use the book later on can just cover it with stickers.  Or GLITTER.  LOL

I think all textbooks should be pink now because his idea is to get through it as fast as possible and be done with it. Seeing that math is his most reluctant subject, I'm liking his logic. 🤣

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, ikslo said:

Lynn's housekeeping and exercise routines match up to mine perfectly.  No commitment to either. 🙂

Lazy women BOOYAH!

It may look like laziness, but I prefer "refined priorities."  😜

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I don't have my doctor in my phone so I googled him and my phone autocorrect his name to Al Qaeda and now I don't want to go.

• Haha 7

2 hours ago, ikslo said:

I never lose weight when breastfeeding, even when my babies guzzle so much they gain a pound a week. Even when tandem nursing a toddler on top of the guzzling baby.

I'm apparently very efficient at milk production 😄

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

16 hours ago, ikslo said:

This is how it was with Oldest. I was 'all baby' during pregnancy. After giving birth, I dropped below my pre pregnancy weight in record time and then my supply just couldn't keep up with the demand and Dr told me I needed to wean him for both our sakes. I felt like a failure.

13 hours ago, maize said:

I never lose weight when breastfeeding, even when my babies guzzle so much they gain a pound a week. Even when tandem nursing a toddler on top of the guzzling baby.

This is how it was with Youngest. I gained weight all over during pregnancy and just couldn't seem to lose it afterward. I didn't really lose much of it until I weaned him at a year old and my milk dried up. Weight suddenly started just falling off. Of course, then I found out we were pregnant again and as of now, I've only technically gained 10lbs over what I weighed at the beginning of this pregnancy. I think this is because my body was in the process of losing all the extra weight I gained with Youngest. I'm healthy and plenty big, but 'all baby' just like I was with Oldest. I guess every pregnancy really is unique.

Edited by Servant4Christ
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Servant4Christ said:

Oh no! Does it move super slow or is it just not overly interesting content-wise? I hope this doesn't happen to us. He loves Rascal, Tom Sawyer, ect and keeps hunting for My Side of the Mountain because he knows it's coming. I let him read most books on his own and then when I see he's about halfway through, we begin reading them as a family to discuss comprehension and such. I only read part of the Google sample and got sucked in so I'll read it even if he doesn't. Lol

I think all textbooks should be pink now because his idea is to get through it as fast as possible and be done with it. Seeing that math is his most reluctant subject, I'm liking his logic. 🤣

I don’t remember.  Content, maybe?  He just didn’t connect. He loved Tom Sawyer. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Another Lynn said:

I bow to your genius!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Are you surviving your audit, ikslo?

Let us know if you need backup.

#ninjaelephantbrigade

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, ikslo said:

I don’t remember.  Content, maybe?  He just didn’t connect. He loved Tom Sawyer. 

Hmmm. Maybe I'll hold off on this one then. I need Critter's input here! CRITTER!!! Help please! Have you or your boys read this one?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Another Lynn said:

🤣 No.  I'm going to repeat weeks 1 and 2 and then quit.  And then restart and repeat weeks 1 and 2.  And then quit.  etc.  😆

Hey - that’s 2 whole weeks of exercise !

5 hours ago, Another Lynn said:

Imma write this down. 

4 hours ago, maize said:

I never lose weight when breastfeeding

Me neither. I thought it was because my kids were not good nursers. One person told me she lost her weight as soon as she stopped nursing, but that didn’t happen either. 

On a related note, yesterday I wore  size small hiking pants and shirt.  A year ago I was 210 pounds and sometimes able to fit into XL. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

2 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

I was thinking cinnamon rolls.

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Imma write this down. 

Me neither. I thought it was because my kids were not good nursers. One person told me she lost her weight as soon as she stopped nursing, but that didn’t happen either. 

On a related note, yesterday I wore  size small hiking pants and shirt.  A year ago I was 210 pounds and sometimes able to fit into XL. 

I don't know if I'll lose weight when I stop nursing, I've never been in that situation.

(OK, I have stopped halfway through some of my pregnancies but I was pregnant so that doesn't count as a weight loss experiment). I've probably been nursing for close to sixteen years cumulatively at this point...

I am kind of contemplating weaning ds3; it has to happen sometime right? I'm bad at weaning.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Well.... I have nothing to say. I watched a Christmas movie I enjoyed. Thanks to Angi, I feel the freedom to watch Christmas movies in May. I need to go read another book. I am jamming on my Reading Challenge for this year. Last year I read 19 books the whole year. Here it is mid-May and I’ve already read 13.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 7

1 hour ago, maize said:

I am kind of contemplating weaning ds3; it has to happen sometime right? I'm bad at weaning.

From the moment you begin giving him something else to eat or drink, you are weaning. 🙂

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Ellie said:

From the moment you begin giving him something else to eat or drink, you are weaning. 🙂

By that definition I've been weaning kids for 16 years 😄 you'd think I'd have figured it out by now...

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

5 hours ago, maize said:

Me neither. I think how your body reacts to the hormones has a lot to do with it. 

• Like 4

Good morning!

One thing is for sure - it’s easier to get dressed in a small backpacking tent than in a hammock. 

Coffee!

• Like 5

Good Morning!

Happy Thursday!

Time to get some things done!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Imma write this down. 

Congratulations!  I can't imagine the hard work that accomplished that!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Good morning!

I have weed trees I need to cut down today. They sprout up all over my yard and grow ridiculously fast.

• Like 4

Guardians of the Galaxy didn’t hold up as well to a second watching as Ant Man. Or maybe I’m crankier. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Good morning!

One thing is for sure - it’s easier to get dressed in a small backpacking tent than in a hammock. 

I’m just not even sure how to respond to that!!!

• Haha 4

Good morning!  !  Lynn, I need to go to the store, too, come to think of it.  I need to get whatever I'm taking to ds35's house Saturday.

Edited by myblessings4
  • Like 2

I’m trying to think through what I want and what I OuGHT to want inregardsto in laws visiting baby. The midwife recommended no visitors for at least the first week so at least I have that breathing space. Then I really want my mom to come. She wants to and I feel like whatever risk there is is going to be oughtweighed by how much better I’ll recover if she’s thereto help. Dh only gets a week and the older kids can keep things going at a basic level, but when she comes she just jumps right in and keeps everything going plus she takes care of me and keeps myspirits up. I am worried about PPD again. My in laws...their wayof helping is to snuggle with baby while it’s happy and hand it back when it poops so I can “get some rest.”  Maybe I am a weirdo, but I just can’t rest away from my newborns well. I just lay there with my heart racing wondering how they’re doing and how soon baby will need me. So then I can lay there miserable or go hang out with them but they are death by a thousand paper cut people and most of their conversation will be about how every good feature in the baby comes from their side.  It was one thing when they didn’t live here and this only lasted for four days, but I have no idea how much they will be over now that they live here. if we give them free reign. So from a purely selfishperspective, there is no benefit to outweigh the risk. But of course we owe them more than that.  I am not sure how much, though. Thoughts?  Iamworried about being unfair to them. It’s difficult to see clearly right now. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Good morning everyone! Happy Tea Day! 

Spud, I wish I had some amazing advice for you. In-laws (or parents in general) can be so hard. Perhaps you could set some really stringent rules due to the pandemic? Changing clothes, showering, masking, etc? That way you aren't actually limiting them, but it would make it less appealing to visit. I don't know all the details of your situation, so that may be worthless, but it was the only thing that came to mind when I read your post. (((Spud)))

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Spudater said:

I’m trying to think through what I want and what I OuGHT to want inregardsto in laws visiting baby. The midwife recommended no visitors for at least the first week so at least I have that breathing space. Then I really want my mom to come. She wants to and I feel like whatever risk there is is going to be oughtweighed by how much better I’ll recover if she’s thereto help. Dh only gets a week and the older kids can keep things going at a basic level, but when she comes she just jumps right in and keeps everything going plus she takes care of me and keeps myspirits up. I am worried about PPD again. My in laws...their wayof helping is to snuggle with baby while it’s happy and hand it back when it poops so I can “get some rest.”  Maybe I am a weirdo, but I just can’t rest away from my newborns well. I just lay there with my heart racing wondering how they’re doing and how soon baby will need me. So then I can lay there miserable or go hang out with them but they are death by a thousand paper cut people and most of their conversation will be about how every good feature in the baby comes from their side.  It was one thing when they didn’t live here and this only lasted for four days, but I have no idea how much they will be over now that they live here. if we give them free reign. So from a purely selfishperspective, there is no benefit to outweigh the risk. But of course we owe them more than that.  I am not sure how much, though. Thoughts?  Iamworried about being unfair to them. It’s difficult to see clearly right now. 

(((Spuds))) That is tough to navigate. Lean on your DH and ask his opinion. You'll come up with a plan together. I'm using the pandemic (it's the perfect excuse) to keep everyone away. It's just too stressful, otherwise. We'll have 1 family member here short-term to help out, but this is mostly just with making meals and keeping the day to day up and running. Anyone who chooses to be offended rather than understanding will just have to get over themselves.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, myblessings4 said:

Good morning!  !  Lynn, I need to go to the store to, come to think of it.  I need to get whatever I'm taking to ds35's house Saturday.

I need to go to the store, too.  I have about a tablespoon of half-and-half left. That constitutes an emergency.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

Morning, Happy Thursday.    I'm doing much better with days of the week but still pretty bad with dates.   I saw something on Facebook about something being closed on Memorial Day and thought "why are they posting that already, Memorial Day is months away".   Except, of course......

Dh should be coming home tonight or tomorrow.  His mother is doing much better (after thinking that this might be the end, she was adamantly refusing to go to the ER when dh was very concerned).    

I've been trying to decide if I want to skip my workout with dd today.  Pollen is awful and concern about the possible shin splints.   But I could still go and just do stuff inside rather than walking.  Which would be the more responsible thing to do.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Servant4Christ said:

(((Spuds))) That is tough to navigate. Lean on your DH and ask his opinion. You'll come up with a plan together. I'm using the pandemic (it's the perfect excuse) to keep everyone away. It's just too stressful, otherwise. We'll have 1 family member here short-term to help out, but this is mostly just with making meals and keeping the day to day up and running. Anyone who chooses to be offended rather than understanding will just have to get over themselves.

I’m not sure using the pandemic as an excuse will work very well over here. Dh is pretty much in the “just a bad flu” camp so it’s a bit of a touchy subject. 
i guess my favorite compromise right now would be to say, “dh, how about you invite them over for lemonade in the backyard a couple times a week and baby can make a sort of celebrity appearance for 10-15 minutes.”  That way he’d have to talk to them, not me, and baby’s exposure would be less because it’s outside and for a limited time and I could give her a bath afterwards. I’m not sure if they’ll see that as a reasonable compromise or as reactionary, cruel, and offensive, though. 😬

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Spudater said:

I’m not sure using the pandemic as an excuse will work very well over here. Dh is pretty much in the “just a bad flu” camp so it’s a bit of a touchy subject. 
i guess my favorite compromise right now would be to say, “dh, how about you invite them over for lemonade in the backyard a couple times a week and baby can make a sort of celebrity appearance for 10-15 minutes.”  That way he’d have to talk to them, not me, and baby’s exposure would be less because it’s outside and for a limited time and I could give her a bath afterwards. I’m not sure if they’ll see that as a reasonable compromise or as reactionary, cruel, and offensive, though. 😬

I have no problem with family/friends dropping off a meal and visiting the baby for a short spell, but let's call it what it is: a visit, not help. My mother pulled this last time. She showed up to "help" but really just wanted to hold the baby until he fussed and would hand him back. I love my mother, but if I'd have known she just wanted to visit and be the first to hold the baby so she could brag to her friends and the rest of our family, I'd have made her wait. Holding the baby when he's being quiet or asleep while I still have to cook and clean for everyone PLUS company AND take the baby everytime he makes a noise or soils his diaper was just unnecessary stress that I didn't need during that time. It was exhausting. Our friends and family assumed she was here to help, like she had claimed, but a couple of close friends figured it out and started bringing over meals and checking on my sanity. I am so grateful to them.

Edited by Servant4Christ
  • Like 2

Morning. Nothing new here, but I'm smoking a brisket and thinking seriously about a blueberry cobbler to go with that for tonight's dinner. I smell like hickory smoke. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I survived the AFSA. 

Spuds, I am pro-mom gets to decide who, when and for how long and does not need to explain her preferences. Postpartum preferences are very personal and should not need to be explained to anyone. Nor should anyone else’s preferences be considered. Full stop. Give them my number. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

CLAPCLAPCLAPCLAP!

My MIL decided to come visit several times between when the baby comes and her originally scheduled trip. I had Matt tell her no because of the plague. She's a school nurse. She's actually hinted several times that we're going to discuss her plans to move in with us when she gets down here.

I don't mind visitors at all if I like the person. I don't mind people taking the baby and not helping. I know people think it's exciting.

• Like 3

I don't mind someone not helping as long as they don't pretend they are to others. That really bothers me for some reason. I like everything black and white when I'm on autopilot so I know what needs to be done vs what has been removed from my plate.

• Like 4