Menu

Ignore this thread!

So, my mother.   Instead of staying with my aunt for 6 months while we built an addition for her where she could be close to us but have her own space, we'd be available if she needs help, she wouldn't have to worry about lawn care, etc.   She has decided she wants to live alone (for the first time in her life evidently).   I think it started because she's not comfortable staying with my aunt.  Not that my aunt has said or done anything, but mom feels like she can't ask for anything or do anything because she's "in her space".  

So after selling a house she hated, but was one story and near us, she's buying a 2 story townhouse, at least an hour away from us, where she'll have to deal with lawn care, snow clean-up etc.  Did I mention 2 stories??  So stairs.  My mother needs dh to walk her out to her car when she comes visit because we have a gravel driveway and walkway.  She takes someones hand everytime she walks up or down stairs anywhere.  She is not steady on her feet.     

I do not see this going well. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

I took the pup on a long (30min.) walk and by the end I realized that my new walking sneakers are not good for walking.  The tops AND bottoms of my feet were hurting.  And my left knee was hurting. Imma have to return them and find something else. Oh bother.

Still thinking about those xeros.

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 1
  • Sad 3

Morning.  Set my alarm back an hour again today.  I woke up about 10 minutes before it was going to go off at 7 and changed it to 8.  Then I woke up about 5 minutes before it was going to go off but this time I got up.   I should get back into the habit of just getting up but I'm tired this week.

I have 4-H tonight.  The first meeting of our Cloverbud (K-2nd grade) group.   So it's going to be a long day.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Morning. Finished up some revision work and was ready for a little break, but had a revision turned around quickly so it's back in my lap already. Still, today is a cleaning day and a rest day. Working for the remainder of the week out of the house.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning!

Happy Wednesday!

Now that my foot is almost completely healed (who knew that blisters would take 2+months to heal!), I need to start exercising again.  I don't want to, but I know it will be good for me.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Critterfixer said:

Morning. Finished up some revision work and was ready for a little break, but had a revision turned around quickly so it's back in my lap already. Still, today is a cleaning day and a rest day. Working for the remainder of the week out of the house.

Today is a cleaning day for us, too. I only have one 25 minute class in the morning (in about 7 minutes, in fact), then start again at 3pm. Homeschool and cleaning in between. Oh! Gymnast has a basketball game tonight!

• Like 4

Good morning!

I intended to go to the discount shoe store at 8 and then Aldi, but when I got to the shoe store I found that they didn't open until 9.  I don't know why I thought they opened at 8.  So I went grocery shopping next door at Kroger which took forever and they didn't have any regular checkout lanes open so I had to scan a whole cart full of groceries on the tiny self-scanning thing.  That was annoying.

Then I went over to the discount shoe store and realized that I didn't have the receipt for the sneakers because I cleaned out my purse and probably threw it away.  Oh well.  Three of my girls also wear size 9 so they can have them.  

Coffee!

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Um, Susan,

Candies are sweet.  Pickles are sour.  Please do not cheat but have an apple for power. 

😂 Here's the thing about pickles.  If I am craving something sweet, I can eat a pickle and my craving goes away.  I don't know why.  Good thing I like pickles.

A friend recently told me about ranch pickles - you stir a packet of ranch dressing mix into a jar of (undrained) kosher dill pickles and let them sit in the fridge for a few hours or a day?  Then you eat them.  Imma try it.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

😂 Here's the thing about pickles.  If I am craving something sweet, I can eat a pickle and my craving goes away.  I don't know why.  Good thing I like pickles.

A friend recently told me about ranch pickles - you stir a packet of ranch dressing mix into a jar of (undrained) kosher dill pickles and let them sit in the fridge for a few hours or a day?  Then you eat them.  Imma try it.

I only like bread and butter pickles. 

• Like 3

One of my teachers is quitting due to childcare problems.   The only one of my teachers that I can't cover for since she teaches the same time I do.    I have three weeks to find a replacement since she's going to finish out our current session and then we have a one week break week.

• Sad 6

2 hours ago, Wheres Toto said:

One of my teachers is quitting due to childcare problems.   The only one of my teachers that I can't cover for since she teaches the same time I do.    I have three weeks to find a replacement since she's going to finish out our current session and then we have a one week break week.

Yikes.

So I may have hired someone already.    One of dh's co-workers and his wife homeschool (I think they started shortly before covid but not positive), and they came to an open house I had last Spring.  She has a science degree (I think Physics) and has taught before, and we "joked" around about if she wanted to come work for me.     Her kids are doing my 4-H club that met tonight so when I saw her, I asked if she might be interested in the job.   We sat down to discuss details and she's going to think about it.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed, I think she would fit in very well and be an awesome teacher. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

Dd15 ran into my room much too early this morning to tell me that someone just stole our van.  I'm thinking, no, who would steal an old 12-passenger van?!?

Turns out it was ds26 taking his own car (not the van) to go buy us all donuts for breakfast.  🥰

• Like 5

Good Morning!

Happy Thursday!

Pretty bad headache this morning.  I took some Aleve and a shower.  Not sure if it's helping.  Also, I'm sitting here with an ice pack and hoping that it's naptime soon.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

Well, I got 3/6 things done, because those were the only things I could get done.  Not bad though.

There seem to be an unusually large number of Fancy People hanging around my town this week.  

I think I'd like to spend the month of September in Kufstein, Austria.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Susan in TN said:

Well, I got 3/6 things done, because those were the only things I could get done.  Not bad though.

There seem to be an unusually large number of Fancy People hanging around my town this week.  

I think I'd like to spend the month of September in Kufstein, Austria.

Last month we were supposed to go to New Orleans. This December we were supposed to go to Disney. Neither is happening because school keeps taking too long!

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Slache said:

Last month we were supposed to go to New Orleans. This December we were supposed to go to Disney. Neither is happening because school keeps taking too long!

1 hour ago, Slache said:

When did Critter die? How is she still posting?

RIP.

I don't understand either of these posts.

Maybe it's because of the migraine?

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Junie said:

I don't understand either of these posts.

Maybe it's because of the migraine?

1. Susan said she wants to go to Austria so I listed two places we wanted to go, too. We can't afford it because Matt's still in school.

2. Critter's unbirthday is tomorrow according to Lynn. I don't know what that means, so I assumed she's a ghost.

• Like 2

I didn't post this morning.  Thursdays are rough.   I teach four classes and I had to go in early today to clean up from last night's 4-H meeting.  I had a ton of stuff for storage in my car, so I had to empty that out into the storage room so I could put the projects from 4-H into my car.  

This weekend I have to work on cleaning up and reorganizing my storage room as well as my classroom spaces.  I was supposed to get my booster tomorrow but I cancelled because I didn't want to get worn out and not be able to get things done.  It's going to be bad enough being careful of my elbow, I don't want to have achiness on top of it.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Slache said:

1. Susan said she wants to go to Austria so I listed two places we wanted to go, too. We can't afford it because Matt's still in school.

2. Critter's unbirthday is tomorrow according to Lynn. I don't know what that means, so I assumed she's a ghost.

1.  I thought you meant homeschool was taking too long.  Now I get it.

2.  Unbirthday is usually a half birthday to place your birthday at a more favorable time of the year.  I don't think it's Critter's half birthday, but I know she doesn't like the weather when her birthday happens so she adopted Oct. 22nd.  Not a ghost.

• Thanks 4