Menu

What's with the ads?

Slache cheered me up

BOOYAH!

Edited by ikslo
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, Slache said:

Everyone smells.

This is true. Also, I pee’d in the forest. I’m pretty sure I’m getting too old for that nonsense. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Slache, I can’t believe you didn’t see that coming!

3 minutes ago, ikslo said:

No you

Yay me.

1 minute ago, ikslo said:

Slache cheered me up

BOOYAH!

Hey!

Just now, Susan in TN said:

This is true. Also, I pee’d in the forest. I’m pretty sure I’m getting too old for that nonsense. 

Yes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, ikslo said:

Slache, I can’t believe you didn’t see that coming!

🤰

• Thanks 1

Blaming things on the unborn is unwise.

- someone probably sometime throughout history

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ikslo said:

Blaming things on the unborn is unwise.

- someone probably sometime throughout history

"A wise man once said..."

Just now, Servant4Christ said:

Wise man never had pregnant brain.

Are you sure?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Slache said:

Are you sure?

Pretty sure. He'd have to be pregnant to have pregnant brain and THAT would've made history!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

Pretty sure. He'd have to be pregnant to have pregnant brain and THAT would've made history!

I'll keep checking my family history and see if I have one of those.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Susan, those pictures are gorgeous! I can't wait until the weather gets nice enough to go up into the mountains here. 

Salche, I was almost certain I had a Henry York in my family tree, but I couldn't find him in a quick search. I do some interesting ancestors though. The brother-in-law of William Penn, and an illegitimate son of a Swedish king are some of the better ones. There was a town in Pennsylvania that was named after some of them, but they changed the name. Genealogy is fun! Being a descendent of Bach is pretty awesome! 

I'm pretty sure there would be a massive revolt if I quit cooking and cleaning. In fact, I think I would be leading the revolt. I like food WAY too much. It's a shame though, that would have given me those hours I need. 

• Like 4

Good morning!

It's not morning you say? Don't tell me that, that would suggest I should have already accomplished something today...

• Haha 5

42 minutes ago, Slache said:

Salche.

Ooops... hmmm... I think my phone actually corrected it that way. I can't imagine why. I do have a Swedish keyboard, but that's not a word I know. Weird. Anyway, I apologize, my good Lady Slache Bach!

2 minutes ago, PoisonHemlock said:

Ooops... hmmm... I think my phone actually corrected it that way. I can't imagine why. I do have a Swedish keyboard, but that's not a word I know. Weird. Anyway, I apologize, my good Lady Slache Bach!

I normally get corrected to Apache and then everyone is confused.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have no one of interest in my family history. Scandinavian farmers and fishermen. Dh has all the interesting stuff. 

I forgot to check for ticks but I’m in my sleeping bag and too tired to move. Good night!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Slache said:

It's 9:30. It's dark. It's 90°.

1 hour ago, Slache said:

I love Texas.

These two statements seem somewhat contradictory.  

Here it's 11:40 and, according to my phone, 54 degrees.  

I felt like I needed to clarify, Fahrenheit.  We have people on ITT in other countries, right?  Maybe because it's 11:40pm but I'm blanking out on who.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

It’s 11:42 CST and 56* with light showers. Will someone please get me a glass of water so I can take some Tylenol and get to sleep?  Please and thank you. 

• Like 3

Good morning!

I am working on getting dressed. This is a small tent. The struggle is real. 😂 I’ve got to boil some water so I can wash the dishes that I didn’t wash last night. 

COFFEE!!

• Like 7

Morning! Coffee is good and I'm on the book hunt. AGAIN. Lol

Oldest expressed serious concern yesterday when he saw the covers of Oregon Bound and Blue Willow. He reminded me he's not a girl and he's already going to be using a PINK math book next year and asked very respectfully if I can please find him more books about boys. I told him I'll try my best with my most serious and understanding Mom face. It was hard not to crack up laughing.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

Signature updated.

I now have two homeschool graduates!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 9

Good Morning!!!!!

COFFEE!!!~D

Day!!!

School and Work!!!

Susan, thank you for reminding me in your posts why I don’t go camping anymore.🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

44 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

Oldest expressed serious concern yesterday when he saw the covers of Oregon Bound and Blue Willow. He reminded me he's not a girl and he's already going to be using a PINK math book next year and asked very respectfully if I can please find him more books about boys. I told him I'll try my best with my most serious and understanding Mom face. It was hard not to crack up laughing.

I KNOW SOMEONE YOU SHOULD CALL!!!  Seriously, this lady helped me so much the other day.  It's the lady who owns the bookstore that Notgrass website links you to for America the Beautiful (since Notgrass has sold out of it because they're making a new one).  She was able to tell me the best ones for boys and girls (since I need both) and help me find books to add.  And I got my shipment in less than a week.  It's a mom and pop shop and she is the sweetest lady!  I'll post the name and number, if anyone wants it.

Edited by myblessings4
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Good morning!  It's foggy this morning.  But the chickens didn't seem to notice.  Time for coffee.

Congratulations, Junie!

• Like 5

58 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

Anybody remember making book covers for your textbook in ps?  I remember doing that for one year in middle school. He could cover it with a brown paper bag and then decorate it with manly stickers or something. 

• Like 6

I wonder if “Father and I were Ranchers” would be too intense for him (spoiler alert, the dad dies).  

• Like 1

Now when baby decides to stretch and stick her bum out my whole stomach is lopsided. It’s so cute. 🥰

• Like 7

1 hour ago, myblessings4 said:

I KNOW SOMEONE YOU SHOULD CALL!!!  Seriously, this lady helped me so much the other day.  It's the lady who owns the bookstore that Notgrass website links you to for America the Beautiful (since Notgrass has sold out of it because they're making a new one).  She was able to tell me the best ones for boys and girls (since I need both) and help me find books to add.  And I got my shipment in less than a week.  It's a mom and pop shop and she is the sweetest lady!  I'll post the name and number, if anyone wants it.

Thank you! That would be great!

Edited by Servant4Christ

I'm looking at Stout-Hearted Seven as a replacement or addition to Bound for Oregon. 

And Nothing to Fear in place of or addition to Blue Willow.

Oh, and I wasn't looking but somehow stumbled across Hoggee about life on the Erie Canal!

I also decided to get Summer of the Monkeys which I'll slip in after the Civil War since it's set in the late 1800s and the family leaves sharecropping to start a farm at the beginning of the book. What boy wouldn't love reading about trying to make friends with and capture a bunch of circus monkeys?

Any thoughts or reviews on any of these?

Edited by Servant4Christ

37 minutes ago, Spudater said:

Anybody remember making book covers for your textbook in ps?  I remember doing that for one year in middle school. He could cover it with a brown paper bag and then decorate it with manly stickers or something. 

I actually suggested this for his math book and he gave me this look I can't quite figure out and said, "Mom, I'll still know it's pink even if no one sees it just like a person don't change just because they change their clothes."

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I'd better get some books for Oldest soon that I'm not planning on putting away til next school year. I keep finding him sneaking around looking for all the books he knows are here somewhere. He has no idea they're hidden in a box right under his school desk. 🤣 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

It looks like I'm not the only one with criminals in my recent family history! So there.

11 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

It’s 11:42 CST and 56* with light showers. Will someone please get me a glass of water so I can take some Tylenol and get to sleep?  Please and thank you. 

This is why we sleep inside.

11 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Clap clap clap clap

:biggrin:

• Like 2

I want my life back. I want to breathe and go on walks and read. I want to not be a blob.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Slache said:

I want my life back. I want to breathe and go on walks and read. I want to not be a blob.

How long until Itty Bitty arrives?

• Like 1

Just now, whitehawk said:

How long until Itty Bitty arrives?

Due date is September 2nd so about a week before that. My breathing should improve within 2 weeks and surgery takes 6 weeks of recovery. I'm hoping to start working out and have a regular schedule in January.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Slache said:

Due date is September 2nd so about a week before that. My breathing should improve within 2 weeks and surgery takes 6 weeks of recovery. I'm hoping to start working out and have a regular schedule in January.

Perfect. I’ll be restarting c25k for the eleventy billionth time in January!  😇😜

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Servant4Christ said:

I actually suggested this for his math book and he gave me this look I can't quite figure out and said, "Mom, I'll still know it's pink even if no one sees it just like a person don't change just because they change their clothes."

Lol, well his logic is irrefutable. 

• Like 3

TurboTax notified us that we need to amend our return. So much yay. 

20 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

Perfect. I’ll be restarting c25k for the eleventy billionth time in January!  😇😜

Are you going to run one?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Servant4Christ said:

I also decided to get Summer of the Monkeys which I'll slip in after the Civil War since it's set in the late 1800s and the family leaves sharecropping to start a farm at the beginning of the book. What boy wouldn't love reading about trying to make friends with and capture a bunch of circus monkeys?

Mine, apparently.  We were doing it as a read aloud and half-way through or thereabouts he asked if we could please just stop reading this book.   We stopped, and I still have no idea how the book ended.  I guess I wasn't really interested either.

Edited by ikslo
Typos. I think Lynn was laughing at my typos. LOL
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Servant4Christ said:

Give him a big black sharpie and let him go to town.  Or cover it with black or blue contact paper.  It's just a math book.  If he learns the math, is the resale value really that important?  Any girls that use the book later on can just cover it with stickers.  Or GLITTER.  LOL

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Slache said:

TurboTax notified us that we need to amend our return. So much yay. 

Are you going to run one?

🤣 No.  I'm going to repeat weeks 1 and 2 and then quit.  And then restart and repeat weeks 1 and 2.  And then quit.  etc.  😆

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3