Menu

Ignore this thread!

36 minutes ago, Renai said:

I think I'm going to try mashing some turnips with the potatoes and see how that turns out. 

Turnips float and potatoes sink. My science for today.

Extra points for quoting myself.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Renai said:

Do they have a good arch? I need a lot of support.

No.  They are the opposite of those kinds of shoes.  I used to think that I needed a lot of support too.  But these kinds of shoes mimic being barefoot.  They help your posture and alignment as well as the small muscles in your legs and feet.  (Obviously I'm a fan, but YMMV)

• Like 4

The point of minimal shoes is to strengthen your feet naturally. They've done wonders for my back. Both of my chiropractors thought they were amazing, and one used to marathon barefoot.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I like the idea of minimal shoes but I need cushioning and support when on my feet all day or long walks.  I do walk around barefoot every chance I get.  I never wear shoes at home and often take them off when I'm alone at the science center. 

• Like 3

Morning, Happy Saturday.   Except I'm in pain, so not so happy.

I sprained my left elbow last week.   I've been wearing a sling to make sure I don't overdo it and mess it up more.  Plus having to get up and down without using my left arm was weird.   Last night, the right side of my neck felt very tight, sore and stiff.  I massaged it a little bit but it was still off when I went to bed.  Evidently I slept funny because I woke up with pain in my back, down the right side of my spine and around my ribs to the front.  Mostly when I move certain ways.   So, now I'm sitting on the couch with a hot pad on my back hoping it gets better soon.  

I do not have time for this.  I have work to do.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

17 hours ago, Slache said:

I like pedicures. I used to get them every two weeks because I grew ingrown toenails constantly and having them done professionally prevented that. It's not the sexiest reason to get one, but I liked them! Unfortunately I couldn't get polish, just some stupid medication.

Since my pedicure I feel like I have an ingrown toenail.  I am hoping it goes away.

16 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

So Dh’s sister agreed to come in our house and ignore Juliet. Juliet was at her most ferocious. But Tanny’s sister was great. Juliet calmed down slightly but then SIL would move slightly and it would start all over again.   Sigh. 

Baby steps. Silly puppy!

16 hours ago, Slache said:

I wear Xero shoes almost every day. The cloud, I think they're called. They look like Jesus shoes.

Hmmm. 

15 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Interesting.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Good morning!

Those shoes look interesting.  I remember you talking about them before, Slache.

Chester likes to volley with a balloon.  We should bring him with us to the beach.

I've brought ds16 to driving school and given the Elderly Bunny a bath (not a full bath, just a wade in warm soapy water) and changed around his lodging setup to keep him a bit more stable.  I should probably do some work in the Pantry of Doom today.

Coffee!

• Like 4

I might be making a family trip to the beach more complicated than it needs to be.  But taking into consideration everyone's availablility, bed configurations for 7, dog-friendly lodging, beaches that allow dogs, and availability of activities we enjoy make it a bit harder.  I guess if we're going to go through the effort and expense, I want it to be worth it.  Right now, we are looking at Dauphin Island, AL.

• Like 5

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!~D

Saturday!!

Slept in. Now I gotta throw some clothes on and follow DH to the car dealership. He’s gonna get the transmission fluid flushed out of his car. 

When I get home I promised to make breakfast burritos for breakfast, so there’s that, and then I need to get my winter garden in. Stat. I should have done it about 3 weeks ago. It’s just lettuce and spinach, but we are cooling down and that stuff needs a bit of warm weather to get started.

The good news is…. no Afsa today. I went last night. The older kids went to football games, so DH and the little girls and I went to Panda Express for dinner and the Afsa. Got groceries and stuff for Baby’s Samaritan’s Purse box, a card for my mom’s birthday… You know, it is amazing how just the thought of having to go there on a Saturday just ruins my whole day. I dread it. But now. I have the whole day ahead of me and it is wonderful. And it’s not just the Afsa. I don’t like going to Save Mart, but I do dread that less. I can do Save Mart in about an hour. The Afsa is a good hour and a half to two hours.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Wheres Toto said:

I like the idea of minimal shoes but I need cushioning and support when on my feet all day or long walks.  I do walk around barefoot every chance I get.  I never wear shoes at home and often take them off when I'm alone at the science center. 

(Not trying to convince you otherwise- just telling you my experience because I like sharing). This is what I thought was the case for me but minimal shoes cured plantar fasciitis for me. (This is on my mind right now because when Merrell stopped making the trail glove and I went back to a regular supportive shoe that ticks all the boxes, my plantar fasciitis came back. ). I am hoping that by going back to minimalist shoes starting today that I will have relief again. 

There was a “learning curve”/building up muscles phase with the minimalist shoes. It is a different experience. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Susan in TN said:

Good morning!

Those shoes look interesting.  I remember you talking about them before, Slache.

Chester likes to volley with a balloon.  We should bring him with us to the beach.

I've brought ds16 to driving school and given the Elderly Bunny a bath (not a full bath, just a wade in warm soapy water) and changed around his lodging setup to keep him a bit more stable.  I should probably do some work in the Pantry of Doom today.

Coffee!

What do you do after the elderly bunny bath?  Do you dry him completely?  Brush out his rump?  I am having a lot of trouble with Rusty. 

48 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

What do you do after the elderly bunny bath?  Do you dry him completely?  Brush out his rump?  I am having a lot of trouble with Rusty. 

I just towel dry him off a bit, snuggle him in another towel, and put bunny & towel on a heating pad.  Elderly Bunny is not very mobile.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I spent a half hour of quality time with the Pantry of Doom.  It felt like 3 hours, but it is a bit better and somewhat more organized.  I also watered the lenten roses and threw out Some Stuff.

Sir Pups-a-lot is half under the sofa whining.  His baseball is back there and he doesn't think he can reach it.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

I spent a half hour of quality time with the Pantry of Doom.  It felt like 3 hours, but it is a bit better and somewhat more organized.  I also watered the lenten roses and threw out Some Stuff.

Sir Pups-a-lot is half under the sofa whining.  His baseball is back there and he doesn't think he can reach it.

Sir Pups-a-lot needs to learn some positive affirmations! 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

(Not trying to convince you otherwise- just telling you my experience because I like sharing). This is what I thought was the case for me but minimal shoes cured plantar fasciitis for me. (This is on my mind right now because when Merrell stopped making the trail glove and I went back to a regular supportive shoe that ticks all the boxes, my plantar fasciitis came back. ). I am hoping that by going back to minimalist shoes starting today that I will have relief again. 

There was a “learning curve”/building up muscles phase with the minimalist shoes. It is a different experience. 

I have plantar fasciitis,too, and I first got the Vionics and they worked great to cure it. I haven’t had problems with it since I started wearing them. Now you have me curious about the minimalist shoes.

• Like 3

I wear cushy shoes for longer things or my feet hurt. Six flags or whatnot. The transition to minimal shoes should be slow as you need to strengthen your feet. Buying minimal shoes and going to Disney is like deciding to bench your body weight on some random Tuesday. You probably could do it, but don't.

3 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

I might be making a family trip to the beach more complicated than it needs to be.  But taking into consideration everyone's availablility, bed configurations for 7, dog-friendly lodging, beaches that allow dogs, and availability of activities we enjoy make it a bit harder.  I guess if we're going to go through the effort and expense, I want it to be worth it.  Right now, we are looking at Dauphin Island, AL.

Are you looking at Virbo/AirBNB? I hear they're great for big families, but I do know AirBNB holds the entire amount right off the bat.

Destin, Florida has magic shows, animal experiences, a pirate cruise and things like that.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

I cleaned.  Now I'm getting ready to cook.  (Stand back.  Way back!)  Company in 2 hours.  Willy-nilly.  

Chillax, Imma be way late. Like, way.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

I love my personal trainer.  She really pushes me.  Like pushes me way past what I ever thought that I could do.  Today we got up to 55 pound weights.  I thanked her today and she told me that I might be cursing her instead at 2 in the morning when my muscles are protesting.  😉 

And I still love my new shoes.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

On 10/15/2021 at 6:27 PM, Jean in Newcastle said:

No.  They are the opposite of those kinds of shoes.  I used to think that I needed a lot of support too.  But these kinds of shoes mimic being barefoot.  They help your posture and alignment as well as the small muscles in your legs and feet.  (Obviously I'm a fan, but YMMV)

22 hours ago, Slache said:

The point of minimal shoes is to strengthen your feet naturally. They've done wonders for my back. Both of my chiropractors thought they were amazing, and one used to marathon barefoot.

I'm barefoot except when I go out. No shoes, no service and all that jazz. 😅 When I walk a lot though, like when hiking or family outings, my feet hurt after an hour or so. Like, it doesn't start off at 5 and gradually hit 100. It goes from 0-60 really quickly. I'm thinking I may need more arch support since I'm flat-footed.

55 minutes ago, Wheres Toto said:

I'm watching videos on youtube and all my ads are for xero shoes.   

Same on FB for me. 😅

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

No one buy Xero shoes.  I want them all for myself!  (Unless you are Slache.  She has huge feet, I imagine so I won't be competing with her.)

I'm a size 9.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Morning, Happy Sunday.

My back is a little bit better but still sore and I'm being careful so I don't screw it up again.   I slept lousy since I was afraid to move all night.   I can't sleep on my back which probably would have been best. 

I'm meeting my oldest dd at the science center this afternoon for her to help me do some cleaning and reorganizing.    That should help me at least get things less disheveled.  

Landlords finally talked to the other guy in the building who wants the space next door (the empty space is between my space and his space) and will sublet some of it to me.  That would be a great way for me to get the space I need right now without paying a ton for more space than I need, right now.  Dh thinks we should grab the whole space since it allows future growth but I think we get what we need and look to buy our own place when my lease is up in two years.    I guess we'll wait and see if this actually ends up happening.  

I planned all my classes except one math class yesterday while I was stuck on the couch with a heatpad on my back (that is back right now).   That class I just need to make a slide of the answers for the homework and check over a test.   Monday will be the last day working on the first three chapters, then ready or not, we are moving on.  

• Like 6

Good Morning!!

COFFEE!!~D

Sunday!!!

Church!!
It’s my mom’s birthday today so we are going to my uncle and aunt’s for dinner.

Last night I went with my mom to a fundraiser for the Christian school in our town. My parents both went there, I went there, oldest DD goes there now. It was fun. I bid on some stuff at the silent auction , but didn’t get anything. The live auction was great. They auctioned off a golden doodle puppy for $3000 and then the guy turned around and donated it back and they auctioned it off again for another $3000. At the end, one of the teachers, Mr. K who has been there for years and years came up to close the evening in prayer and he jokingly offered his hat to be auctioned off and the auctioneer took him up on it. That went for $900.  It was a fun evening.

• Like 6

Morning. I go barefoot a lot. But not outside because stickers and things that bite and sting.

Today is a reading and a lake day. The kittens have apparently broken my oven and it's defying my attempts to fix it. People had to make their coffee and tea in the microwave (including me) so no one is very happy right now. Except the kittens, who are having a grand time.

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

What hair product do I use in John's hair? I have never used product. I think gel? I don't want it to look hard. We wet it and comb it, but he really wants to pull off that used car salesman look at church and water doesn't cut it.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Slache said:

What hair product do I use in John's hair? I have never used product. I think gel? I don't want it to look hard. We wet it and comb it, but he really wants to pull off that used car salesman look at church and water doesn't cut it.

What about spray gel? 

Edited by Servant4Christ
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 10/16/2021 at 1:46 PM, Slache said:

Are you looking at Virbo/AirBNB? I hear they're great for big families, but I do know AirBNB holds the entire amount right off the bat.

Destin, Florida has magic shows, animal experiences, a pirate cruise and things like that.

I am looking at vrbo and airbnb.  There are several houses right on the water.  We just want the beach.  Maybe some kayaking and walks through nature parks.  No shows or amusement parks or things with Very Bright Lights and Loud Noise.  We are Very Low Key. 😁 Puppy can't go on the beach in Destin.

On 10/16/2021 at 2:32 PM, Another Lynn said:

I cleaned.  Now I'm getting ready to cook.  (Stand back.  Way back!)  Company in 2 hours.  Willy-nilly.  

Mom's making us look bad!

10 hours ago, Slache said:

I'm a size 9.

Me too.  I'll steal yours.

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 3

Good evening!

Today would have been dh's 54th birthday.  Dd12 and I played in services this morning.  Music is good for the soul.  This afternoon we all went for a walk at a nature park and then out for pizza. We tried a pesto vegetarian pizza with spinach, sundried tomatoes, and feta and it was amazing. Now we're watching The Terminator and having birthday cheesecake and ice cream. 😊

Decaf Coffee!

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 7

2 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Good evening!

Today would have been dh's 54th birthday.  Dd12 and I played in services this morning.  Music is good for the soul.  This afternoon we all went for a walk at a nature park and then out for pizza. We tried a pesto vegetarian pizza with spinach, sundried tomatoes, and feta and it was amazing. Now we're watching The Terminator and having birthday cheesecake and ice cream. 😊

Decaf Coffee!

((Susan)). Music is very soothing.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

It's kind of amazing how shoes that allow me to feel all the bumps etc. under my feet make my feet feel better.  So counterintuitive 

Yes, that sounds weird, lol.  Maybe I should try a pair of the diy sandals.

• Like 1