Menu

Ignore this thread!

I go to the dentist today for the first time in two years!  I knew that it had been awhile but not that long!  My last appointment was cancelled because it was right when covid hit.  But then I forgot to reschedule in the last year and a half because we switched phones and so they couldn't call me to remind me like they usually do.  I kept remembering at awkward times like 3 am Saturday night (or is that morning?).  But they now know my new phone number.  And when I called yesterday, they said, "we just had a cancellation.  Can you come tomorrow?"  Worked for me. 

A Toothy Booyah!

Edited by Jean in Newcastle
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Susan - getting new shoes is on my list too.  My last pair (despite being the same brand and size as what I've gotten before) don't fit my toes quite right.  I think that they narrowed the toe box.  Why don't they leave things well enough alone? 

Ugh!  That's what happened with my favorite trail shoes!  They were Salomons.  I was so bummed.  And now 3 years later I am still hoping to find trail shoes that don't make my foot feel like it's breaking in half AND don't give me blisters!  

2 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Ugh!  That's what happened with my favorite trail shoes!  They were Salomons.  I was so bummed.  And now 3 years later I am still hoping to find trail shoes that don't make my foot feel like it's breaking in half AND don't give me blisters!  

Mine were Merrells.  Those aren't cheap.  I loved my original Trail gloves.  Why did they mess them up????

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

So Delicious Cashewmilk Snickerdoodle.  I can't remember if Gymnast can have nuts?

Yes, she just can't have almonds or walnuts. I stopped giving her the So Delicious Cashewmilk because they added almond to it. I'll have see if almond is in the ice cream. I hope not...

2 hours ago, Critterfixer said:

Morning. I think it could be naptime. It's still not fall. But maybe this weekend? I have two days to finish this manuscript and get it back to the editor. I think I am going to make it!

I am at a standstill on one of my books. It should have been done weeks ago; it's fairly simple, I just haven't had the oomph to keep going.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Another Lynn said:

I got a new pair of shoes too!  I went to a place that scans your feet and evaluates length, width, instep, arch of each one to recommend shoes that will fit well. Have you tried Hokas?  They were like walking on a cloud, but unfortunately didn’t fit well so I ended up with something else. 

My 1/2-size-too-smalls are Hokas.  I really like them, but there weren't any in my size today. (I shop at a one-off store called Marti & Liz.)  The lady at the store recommended a pair of New Balance Fresh Foam and they feel really good.

• Like 2

I hate buying shoes.  Other than Crocs, I have no shoes that fit.  I had some that were ok -- that I could wear them for an hour or two at church -- but since I haven't been wearing shoes much during the pandemic, my feet have changed shape again and the shoes no longer fit. 😞

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Junie said:

I hate buying shoes.  Other than Crocs, I have no shoes that fit.  I had some that were ok -- that I could wear them for an hour or two at church -- but since I haven't been wearing shoes much during the pandemic, my feet have changed shape again and the shoes no longer fit. 😞

I have always been barefoot. I even used to go downtown barefoot (normal in CA and OR, but not TX). I had no idea that affected the shape of my feet.

5 minutes ago, Junie said:

I have discovered that my childhood memories of meatloaf are correct -- I hate it.   I couldn't even swallow one bite. 😞

Does this look better?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thedomesticman.com/2014/03/27/meatloaf-paleo-gluten-free/amp/

• Like 1

https://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/gluten-free-glazed-meatloaf/39128993-c6ee-493a-b67a-0cdc8977f2fd?p=1&position=RDPToolbarBODY.Print

This was the recipe that I used, if anyone likes meatloaf.

I have childhood trauma about some specific foods.  Meatloaf is one of them.  It's been about 35 years since I've tried to eat meatloaf, but, nope, it's not going to happen.  

• Like 1

Babiness is walking!

9 minutes ago, Junie said:

https://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/gluten-free-glazed-meatloaf/39128993-c6ee-493a-b67a-0cdc8977f2fd?p=1&position=RDPToolbarBODY.Print

This was the recipe that I used, if anyone likes meatloaf.

I have childhood trauma about some specific foods.  Meatloaf is one of them.  It's been about 35 years since I've tried to eat meatloaf, but, nope, it's not going to happen.  

This doesn't look good.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

My feet changed from weight gain in pregnancy.  For a while I had plantar fasciitis and was wearing $$$ Brooks since I'm on my feet all day.    I haven't had the PF pain in a while so I bought Ascics recently.  I bought a 1/2 size larger and I'm glad I did because they are snug even in a larger size. 

I wear sneakers 99% of the time, but I love boots and have a bunch of pairs - Uggs, tall suede or leather, low booties.   I just can't wear them when I'm on my feet all day since they don't offer enough support. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Wheres Toto said:

My feet changed from weight gain in pregnancy.  For a while I had plantar fasciitis and was wearing $$$ Brooks since I'm on my feet all day.    I haven't had the PF pain in a while so I bought Ascics recently.  I bought a 1/2 size larger and I'm glad I did because they are snug even in a larger size. 

I wear sneakers 99% of the time, but I love boots and have a bunch of pairs - Uggs, tall suede or leather, low booties.   I just can't wear them when I'm on my feet all day since they don't offer enough support. 

Oh! Brooks Glycerin. My loves.

• Like 2

Morning, Happy Friday!! 

I slept in a little bit today, until almost 8am.   I don't have class until 11:30 so my Fridays are a slower, easier morning.    More so than the days when I start later because I have more I want to get done before I go in.  This was enough time to chill and relax because it wasn't enough time to accomplish much.  

• Like 4

Good morning!

Ds26 made quiche and bacon for breakfast this morning.  Dd18 is leaving at some point this afternoon for a weekend at an historic farm with college friends.

It's raining but I can hear a bird chirping outside my window.  The ladies from dh's office are taking me out for lunch and a pedicure today.  I've never had a pedicure.  I suspect it will either be amazing or terrifying.

Coffee!

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Slache said:

This doesn't look good.

Neither did your recipe...but, I no longer have a recipe and mix stuff that seems good: worcestershire sauce, some tomato sauce, onions, salt, pepper, etc. Too many ingredients can ruin a meatloaf. I find simple is better for me. It's still not my husband's favorite, but me and the girls like it, and he'll eat it.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Renai said:

Neither did your recipe...but, I no longer have a recipe and mix stuff that seems good: worcestershire sauce, some tomato sauce, onions, salt, pepper, etc. Too many ingredients can ruin a meatloaf. I find simple is better for me. It's still not my husband's favorite, but me and the girls like it, and he'll eat it.

Everyone who's tried mine says it's the best they've ever had. Everything from that website has been amazing.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Slache said:

Everyone who's tried mine says it's the best they've ever had. Everything from that website has been amazing.

Some of the things on that website are great. 😅 We did not particularly like that meatloaf recipe. Maybe it was the texture. I don't remember; it's been a while. But I won't yuck your yum. We don't have the same taste.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Renai said:

Some of the things on that website are great. 😅 We did not particularly like that meatloaf recipe. Maybe it was the texture. I don't remember; it's been a while. But I won't yuck your yum. We don't have the same taste.

Wow! I didn't know you tried it. I'm shocked. The pot roast is my absolute favorite meal ever, including anything from any restaurant. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Slache said:

Wow! I didn't know you tried it. I'm shocked. The pot roast is my absolute favorite meal ever, including anything from any restaurant. 

There was something else on there we didn't like, but I can't remember what it is right offhand. But, in general, I like the recipes on that site. I need to copy more on to Plan to Eat so I can remember what we like. It's probably still on Pinterest, though... I need to check.

• Like 1

So getting my Rottweiller/German Shepherd mix socialized with people has been a challenge.  She is absolutely convinced that everyone is a secret axe murderer.  Unfortunately some people on my street have reinforced that idea with her.  They think that they are dog whisperers but they aren't and won't listen to me.  But I've been working and working with Juliet.  Yesterday my chiropractor has been the first man (other than my husband 😉 ) to really listen to me.  He absolutely ignored Juliet and let her sniff and check him out at her leisure (which took less than five minutes) and then Juliet was absolutely fine with him. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I am back from the Things.  Lunch was amazing - a local Mexican restaurant.  I might be too ticklish to try a pedicure again.  Or, I might have to be very specific as to what services I order (someone else ordered for me, so I had no idea what I was getting.)  It was very fancy and now my feet are ready for summer, lol!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

I am back from the Things.  Lunch was amazing - a local Mexican restaurant.  I might be too ticklish to try a pedicure again.  Or, I might have to be very specific as to what services I order (someone else ordered for me, so I had no idea what I was getting.)  It was very fancy and now my feet are ready for summer, lol!

I like pedicures. I used to get them every two weeks because I grew ingrown toenails constantly and having them done professionally prevented that. It's not the sexiest reason to get one, but I liked them! Unfortunately I couldn't get polish, just some stupid medication.

• Like 3

I am soooo happy!  Merrell stopped making minimalist shoes and the last pair I bought have hurt my feet for months. But I did some google and found Xero shoes. I went to REI because the manufacturer said that they were sold there but the salesman told me that they usually don’t have them in this store. But they had ONE pair in the back!  And they fit!

• Thanks 6

1 hour ago, Susan in TN said:

Now we really need a trip to the beach!!

• Thanks 4

1 minute ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I am soooo happy!  Merrell stopped making minimalist shoes and the last pair I bought have hurt my feet for months. But I did some google and found Xero shoes. I went to REI because the manufacturer said that they were sold there but the salesman told me that they usually don’t have them in this store. But they had ONE pair in the back!  And they fit!

I wear Xero shoes almost every day. The cloud, I think they're called. They look like Jesus shoes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2