Menu

What's with the ads?

Good Morning!

Happy Monday!

Since dd17 finished her homeschool coursework last  week, I only have four students left in my school.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

I was up at 4am, so I slept in.  Coffee's a bit late, but ready if you need a cup.  

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Servant4Christ said:

You've got better coordination than me. I'd fall off. Unless it has a handle? I've never used one.

Maybe I used the wrong word. It’s a big yoga ball. My feet stay on the ground

Brace youselves, avert your eyes, clench your buttocks, and grab a hanky. 

Slache was wrong. No baby yet. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 4

Morning. I checked in to see if there was baby, but apparently, it's a stubborn little tater tot.

More writing for me today and some housekeeping. Sad as it is, I think it's time for the down blanket to go in winter storage. Let the restless sleeping begin. A weighted blanket for a large bed is not in my budget. Other than that, not much happening here. We wrap up our writing cabin thing this week, which should be fun, and then it's on to June, quiet time, and seeing if I can't send out more queries without breaking into hives.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, KrissiK said:

Ok, so I have a really really important question. It pertains to waffles. Are they supposed to be floppy or stiff and crispy? I never ate waffles as a kid because I always thought you had to put maple syrup on them and I gag at maple. But now I realize that a smear of sour cream and fresh berries are right tasty. Anyhow, I have a Belgian waffle maker and I always made regular waffles with it and sometimes they turn out stiff and crispy and sometimes floppy. And then tonight I made an actual Belgian waffle recipe and they were very floppy. Did I not cook them long enough? They seemed to be done. I just don’t know.

10 hours ago, Spudater said:

I like the thick Belgian ones. Yes, they’re more floppy, maybe a tiny bit crispyon the very outside but definitely softinside. As long as they’re not soggy. 

I'm team crispy waffles but Spud describes the perfect Belgian waffles.

They have to be crispy to handle tons of syrup without turning into goop, but if you are doing fruit and cream, they can be softer and still acceptable.   

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!!~D

Day!!!

It Raines last night. Woke me up. Then, thanks to DH’s snoring, I didn’t really fall back to sleep.😴

Work and school today. 

I’m sorry no baby yet, Spuds. 

did you find a spider in your shoe, Susan??

I need some of Lynn’s COFFEE!!!~D. DH forgot to turn on the coffeemaker when he got up and mine is to ready yet.😩

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

Happy Monday.    Dh left for his mom's first thing this morning.  He took his car right after picking it up from the shop since it wouldn't start for me last weekend.   Guy at the shop couldn't find anything wrong.  Dh figures as long as he gets down there (which he can do without stopping), he can use his mom's car if he has to.  He didn't want to possibly leave me without a car.  I'm happy.  I hate driving his car (big a$$ Suburban that is 18 years old and moody). 

Meeting with dd to workout again today.    I got on the scale this morning and YIKES.  I really need to do something.  I'm being really good about workouts but I guess I need to work on the snacking.   Dh did leave me a big pot of oatmeal with chia seeds and flax seeds and berries for the week so breakfasts will be healthy.    I'm going to the store and getting some more veggies, and healthy easy things that I can cook.   I guess I probably should start doing some tracking too.  Blech.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Critterfixer said:

Morning. I checked in to see if there was baby, but apparently, it's a stubborn little tater tot.

More writing for me today and some housekeeping. Sad as it is, I think it's time for the down blanket to go in winter storage. Let the restless sleeping begin. A weighted blanket for a large bed is not in my budget. Other than that, not much happening here. We wrap up our writing cabin thing this week, which should be fun, and then it's on to June, quiet time, and seeing if I can't send out more queries without breaking into hives.

I know you didn't ask for suggestions, lol, but what about getting a smaller weighted blanket for your side of the bed?  #friendsdon'tletfriendsmisssleep

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

I know you didn't ask for suggestions, lol, but what about getting a smaller weighted blanket for your side of the bed?  #friendsdon'tletfriendsmisssleep

I have a small blanket (not weighted) on my side of the bed. It's usually halfway in the floor by morning because DH is a cover thief and takes most of the larger blanket. So I don't know if it would work? 

• Like 3

Good morning! 

Tea is in hand. Not helping yet. 

Slache, I hope you're feeling better and are able to eat today. Thanks for the green soup recipe, too. I added it to my "if I ever get to do the grocery shopping again" meal list. 

Spud, you could just threaten your tater tot with the chili, but not actuality eat it. I think that should do it. 

Susan, I'm not Critter, but that it gorgeous! Your camping trip sounds awesome! Maybe it's not as epic as the Grand Canyon, but it sounds wonderful to me. What time of year are you planning the Scout Ranch trip next year? It still gets cold here (snow even) until at least mid- June, so you may want to plan a little later in the year. I hear it's beautiful there, but I haven't been. 

Okay, time to start doing the things! 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

This is a good idea.  Dh got me a small weighted blanket a year or so ago and I really like it.  He, however, would not like it, so it just stays on my side of the bed.  

• Like 4

I'm really craving a quiet walk to Eden Falls up around the Buffalo River, but that trail is heavily traveled, and it's kind of impossible to social distance on narrow little rock ledges. But hopefully we can go up to the river for a quiet day sometime. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Spudater said:

Maybe I used the wrong word. It’s a big yoga ball. My feet stay on the ground

Yep, I'm picturing the right thing, just have no idea how anyone uses it or stays on it so I've never had the guts to try. I remember after Youngest was born saying, "THAT must be what the big bouncy ball is for!" I bounced and bounced during every contraction to get through the pain and it took FOREVER to get all the knots out of my hair afterward.

I'm on Tater Tot lookout, too. Praying for you to have a safe and speedy delivery with as little pain as possible.

• Like 1

Another book I'm considering is Stella by Starlight. It's a bit longer than anything Oldest has read so far, but he'll also be a bit older by the time he reads it. Have any of you read it? I'm hoping it shows us the reality of what people were going through without being terribly graphic and inducing nightmares.

24 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

Yep, I'm picturing the right thing, just have no idea how anyone uses it or stays on it so I've never had the guts to try. I remember after Youngest was born saying, "THAT must be what the big bouncy ball is for!" I bounced and bounced during every contraction to get through the pain and it took FOREVER to get all the knots out of my hair afterward.

I'm on Tater Tot lookout, too. Praying for you to have a safe and speedy delivery with as little pain as possible.

Thank you!

Honestly it’s pretty easy to stay on as long as you keep both feet on the floor and don’t let any kids come tackle you. The latter is the hard part! 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I'm seriously beginning to wonder if I should just piece together my own US history curriculum for next year. Looks easy enough. Just read about each event in chronological order and build a timeline. The following year we could learn about the states and landmarks in chronological order and add them to the same timeline along with memorizing states/capitals and presidents. Hmm.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Servant4Christ said:

I'm seriously beginning to wonder if I should just piece together my own US history curriculum for next year. Looks easy enough. Just read about each event in chronological order and build a timeline. The following year we could learn about the states and landmarks in chronological order and add them to the same timeline along with memorizing states/capitals and presidents. Hmm.

That sounds like a good idea. You could have a big timeline, with lots of stuff on it.

1 hour ago, KrissiK said:

That sounds like a good idea. You could have a big timeline, with lots of stuff on it.

Maybe I should go troll the sea for recommendations on a good spine or book set for events, people, and places. Later, though. Dinner's in the oven and I'm fighting a raging headache and nausea right now.

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Slache said:

I ate so much food.

I’m not sure whether to commiserate or congratulate. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

I have decided not to expectbaby this week. It’sstarting to get to me how the kids keep wailing, when is she going to coooooooooome?!  And everytime I don’t answer the phone my dad gets all excited and assumes I’m off giving birth. 

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, Spudater said:

I’m not sure whether to commiserate or congratulate. 

I feel full for the first time in 48 hours.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, Spudater said:

I have decided not to expectbaby this week. It’sstarting to get to me how the kids keep wailing, when is she going to coooooooooome?!  And everytime I don’t answer the phone my dad gets all excited and assumes I’m off giving birth. 

Were your other babies late?

Mine were +7 days, +10 days, -5 days, on time, -1 day, and -15 days.

So, in general they started coming earlier.   I hope that you have your baby soon!

• Like 4

John was 4 days late and has been late ever since.
Mary came 3 days before a scheduled C/S so 10 days early.
Alex was cut out a week early but it took him 3 days to figure out what was going on.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Servant4Christ said:

Maybe I should go troll the sea for recommendations on a good spine or book set for events, people, and places. Later, though. Dinner's in the oven and I'm fighting a raging headache and nausea right now.

The Complete Book of United States History is nice for this purpose and his age.  Readings are short enough you can add to it without feeling like its overwhelming.  

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Slache said:

I ate so much food.

Yay!

20 minutes ago, Slache said:

I feel full for the first time in 48 hours.

I'm so glad!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Junie said:

Were your other babies late?

Mine were +7 days, +10 days, -5 days, on time, -1 day, and -15 days.

So, in general they started coming earlier.   I hope that you have your baby soon!

I think I’m going in the opposite direction. My first was about ten days early, second was sort of in dispute but prob a bit early, third three days early, fourth ten days late. 🤷‍♀️

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

We ate dinner outside. Then a storm came in. And we had dessert inside. So we didn’t get hailed on. Baby was concerned about her mourning dove friend.  

the End.

• Like 3

Dinner was outside

Hail caused an inside dessert

Morning dove is fine

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Servant4Christ said:

Sounds good to me.

FTR, it's what classroom teachers do.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Ellie said:

Sounds good to me.

Well, it's what some classroom teachers do.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ellie said:

Sounds good to me.

Spam reported.

Inside joke.

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, Ellie said:

Sounds good to me.

Thanks Ellie. It seems simple, but the lure to find something open and go is strong knowing I'll have a newborn and high energy toddler to chase around when the new school year begins. I thought I had found our solution with Notgrass. But as I looked into additional literature for each time period, I ran across information that conflicts with one of the lessons I see in the curriculum sample and now I'm questioning my decision.

Edited by Servant4Christ
  • Like 1

Good Morning!

Happy Tuesday!

I might have to go out of the house today.  I am still getting a knot in my stomach every time I have to go somewhere.  😞

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

Whitehawk, you could have my sunshine, but I need it to dry out the swamp in the yard.

Morning. Lots scheduled this week and next after today. June...I have to get to June....

• Like 3

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!!!~D

Day!!!!

School & Work.

The sun is out. We will likely see no more rain until November.

That’s all I got.

• Like 2

Good morning, ITT.

Has anyone here figured out how to shove an extra six or seven hours into the day? I promise to use at least two of those hours for sleep, if you'll share the secret! Really though, 24 hours simply isn't enough. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Servant4Christ said:

Thanks Ellie. It seems simple, but the lure to find something open and go is strong knowing I'll have a newborn and high energy toddler to chase around when the new school year begins. I thought I had found our solution with Notgrass. But as I looked into additional literature for each time period, I ran across information that conflicts with one of the lessons I see in the curriculum sample and now I'm questioning my decision.

What are you seeing that conflicts?  Pm if you want.

• Like 1

Good morning!  !  I made the bed, but now I'm lounging on top of it, enjoying my coffee.  I can't sit in my rocking chair on the porch because dh is in the midst of re-staining it.  

Dh has gone to work to take down and store everything in his classroom.  I feel like they do this each summer, anyway, for deep cleaning, but I don't remember.

Everyone else is sleeping. 

I need to figure out my day.

Edited by myblessings4
  • Like 2

Good morning!  

Havent ketchup because I have to save phone battery. On the way to trail head. We’ll be on the trail all day and unless something goes very wrong we will be back to camp before dark.

Sorry I missed the booyah - will fix later if my phone will let me.

Coffee!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Servant4Christ said:

There is no perfect curriculum. Do Notgrass.

27 minutes ago, PoisonHemlock said:

Good morning, ITT.

Has anyone here figured out how to shove an extra six or seven hours into the day? I promise to use at least two of those hours for sleep, if you'll share the secret! Really though, 24 hours simply isn't enough. 

When I'm not pregnant and dying I wake up at 5. It makes a huge difference in my day.

• Like 2