Menu

Dh is heading back down to his mom's tomorrow.  She's in the hospital.  CHF again with fluid retention.  He can't visit in the hospital so he didn't rush down when she went in yesterday, but he wants to be there when she comes home.    He can work at home from her house as easily as he can from home, so no biggie for work.   It mainly just means I have to cook dinner while he's gone, which means I need to go to the grocery store.  I don't think I've been in a grocery store since mid-March.  It's going to be weird. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 4
  • Replies 205.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Jean in Newcastle

• Susan in TN

• KrissiK

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You know, saying "ignore this thread" to this group is like saying "don't push the big red button!" 

Homeschoolers.     They always think the rules don't apply to them.

Cardiologist report: this doc was a major answer to prayer. He was appalled at the lack of communication from the previous doctor and apologized profusely even though it wasn't his fault. Dd's heart

Posted Images

1 hour ago, maize said:

I'm supposed to be helping dd16 make some sort of green Irish soup with an unpronounceable name.

Of course, most Irish names are unpronounceable...

I’m pretty sure they invented their spelling rules just to mess with the Brits. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
Just now, Spudater said:

I’m pretty sure they invented their spelling rules just to mess with the Brits. 

Very plausible theory!

"I know just how to mess with their heads! Let's use mh to spell the sound 'w'--except when we'd rather use it to spell the sound 'v' 😜"

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Spudater said:

Ugh. 

I don’t know if my round ligaments will take it. 

I decided earlier that tonight's the night. Maybe go in tonight and new tater by morning? I'm not sure, but I need you to get on this. I don't like being wrong.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, Slache said:

I decided earlier that tonight's the night. Maybe go in tonight and new tater by morning? I'm not sure, but I need you to get on this. I don't like being wrong.

Well if the honor of Slache is on the line...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
4 minutes ago, Slache said:

But you're wrong so often.  😉

Spud, does your baby's name end with an h?  It should. 

Team #h

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
1 minute ago, Junie said:

But you're wrong so often.  😉

Spud, does your baby's name end with an h?  It should. 

Team #h

Actually no h’s. Unless I decided to spell it the Irish way! 😉

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
2 minutes ago, Slache said:

I DON'T KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS!

Please don't explain it!

I think I need help.

It's because you had c-sections.

No, I'm not going to explain it. 

Yes, of course you do.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Slache said:

I DON'T KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS!

Please don't explain it!

I think I need help.

I won’t explain it but it’s actually not super scary, esp not compared to a c-section, or yours truly would not be thinking about it. 

24 minutes ago, PoisonHemlock said:

Or eat some really spicy food. I have some chili here that will make any baby want to evacuate the area to avoid the flames. 

Not really tempted on that one either. I’ve had enough heartburn and upset stomach, if that was going to budge her I think she’d be born by now. 

• Like 1

Not really tempted on that one either. I’ve had enough heartburn and upset stomach, if that was going to budge her I think she’d be born by now. 

Come to my place and we'll have ribs.

• Like 1

Saw that after Iposted. 😞. Sounds absolutely miserable. 

I've decided I'm not going to have this problem tomorrow, so that's good.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
1 minute ago, Slache said:

I've decided I'm not going to have this problem tomorrow, so that's good.

Good. 

One weird thing for me is that the food I craved always settled better for me than the logical food. So if I wanted taquitos they would settle better than yogurt even though that makes no sense. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, PoisonHemlock said:

Thanks for the welcome everyone! 

The Booya/h has mystified me, actually. At first I thought it was something you were awarded, but then it seemed like something you assign to your own posts. If you would be so kind as to give me a rundown of the rules of the Booya/h then I will certainly take a stand. 😉

I think she has already demonstrated her stand🤣. And she does it perfectly!

• Haha 2

Good. 

One weird thing for me is that the food I craved always settled better for me than the logical food. So if I wanted taquitos they would settle better than yogurt even though that makes no sense. 

YES! Like I can only eat the things I want. Like a brat. But the things I usually want are not what I want right now. I'm extra brat right now.

• Like 1

Ok, so I have a really really important question. It pertains to waffles. Are they supposed to be floppy or stiff and crispy? I never ate waffles as a kid because I always thought you had to put maple syrup on them and I gag at maple. But now I realize that a smear of sour cream and fresh berries are right tasty. Anyhow, I have a Belgian waffle maker and I always made regular waffles with it and sometimes they turn out stiff and crispy and sometimes floppy. And then tonight I made an actual Belgian waffle recipe and they were very floppy. Did I not cook them long enough? They seemed to be done. I just don’t know.

• Like 1

In non-pregnancy, non-food, non-Booyah news:

I finished my Duolingo Spanish tree last week!

Entonces, puedo hablar en espanol mas mejor y necesito encontrar nuevos metodos para aprender.  (So then, I can speak Spanish much better and I need to find new ways of learning.)

I'm not fluent, and I still make a lot of mistakes, but it really did help a great deal to work through it.  Over 800 exercises.  It took almost exactly a year.

Edited by Junie
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 4
6 minutes ago, Slache said:

YES! Like I can only eat the things I want. Like a brat. But the things I usually want are not what I want right now. I'm extra brat right now.

Not a brat. This is 1,000% a real thing. 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

Ok, so I have a really really important question. It pertains to waffles. Are they supposed to be floppy or stiff and crispy? I never ate waffles as a kid because I always thought you had to put maple syrup on them and I gag at maple. But now I realize that a smear of sour cream and fresh berries are right tasty. Anyhow, I have a Belgian waffle maker and I always made regular waffles with it and sometimes they turn out stiff and crispy and sometimes floppy. And then tonight I made an actual Belgian waffle recipe and they were very floppy. Did I not cook them long enough? They seemed to be done. I just don’t know.

I like the thick Belgian ones. Yes, they’re more floppy, maybe a tiny bit crispyon the very outside but definitely softinside. As long as they’re not soggy. 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Junie said:

In non-pregnancy, non-food, non-Booyah news:

I finished my Duolingo Spanish tree last week!

Entonces, puedo hablar en espanol mas mejor y necesito encontrar nuevos metodos para aprender.  (So then, I can speak Spanish much better and I need to find new ways of learning.)

I'm not fluent, and I still make a lot of mistakes, but it really did help a great deal to work through it.  Over 800 exercises.  It took almost exactly a year.

Felicidades!

Hey PH and welcome!  Next summer dd13 and I will be hiking through the Philmont Scout Ranch. It’s so beautiful in New Mexico!  Well, I’ve never been, but have looked at it a lot because we were supposed to be in Gallup tonight on our way to hike Sedona and the Grand Canyon. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Spudater said:

Considering letting them strip my membranes on Tuesday. I just really really really don’t want to go to the hospital. 

I know what this is because a close friend of mine had this done. It doesn't sound pleasant, but I would do it if the choice was that or a C-section.

• Like 1

Good morning!  It’s The Queen’s favorite day!

The birds are out in full force.

One thing I can tell you for sure is that the ground is hard.  But our tent is super dry despite the rain. The girls’ tent not so much because in spire of my advice and the advice of 7000 people on Amazon, dh refused to spray waterproofing on it “because it will ruin a new, already waterproofed tent.” ?  Whatever.  He had to deal with putting up extra tarps and plastic over it.

Breakfast is scrambled eggs with cheese and muffins.

Coffee! Hot chocolate!

• Like 6