Menu

Ignore this thread!

Good morning!

Hope you get a second (and third?) sleep today, Junie!

I had a couple of things on my list to do this week and just realized I can't do them because I mailed my marriage certificate to the Social Security administration.  Oh well.  I guess I don't have to do anything, then. 👍 

Coffee!

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Junie said:

What is this?  I'm intrigued...

There are various ways to do it.  When I had a family at home we did it by time (as I believe you do):  Each person was assigned a room.  The person with the kitchen got to choose the music (which was blasted).  We set a timer for 15 minutes.  At the end of the 15 minutes we would switch rooms. 

Now that it's just me, one round goes from room to room.  So this morning:

Kitchen:  put away the clean dishes

Dining room:  take a pile of photograph albums downstairs (I have a whole bunch that I brought back after my mom's funeral)

Living room:  put the cat's blanket in the laundry hamper.

Laundry:  fold and put away ten things.

Bathroom:  wash the floor around the water bowl.  It gets grungy there.

I took a break for lunch.  Now I'm gearing up for a round two.  What I've found is that doing it this way gets the usuals done but also a couple of extras (like the cat's blanket). 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Howdy.  Didnt get on this morning. I was having my tea and went to get up and instead of just standing up, I put my hand down, leaned my weight on it and my arm popped and buckled right at the elbow.  thought I broke it but its just a sprain.  Arms been in a sling all day, which made classes fun   Hopefully it will be better soon.

• Like 1
  • Sad 6

15 hours ago, Wheres Toto said:

Howdy.  Didnt get on this morning. I was having my tea and went to get up and instead of just standing up, I put my hand down, leaned my weight on it and my arm popped and buckled right at the elbow.  thought I broke it but its just a sprain.  Arms been in a sling all day, which made classes fun   Hopefully it will be better soon.

Oh no!  (((Toto)))  hope it is improving today!

15 hours ago, Slache said:

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

I concur.

• Like 1

Good morning!

I slept pretty well except for when the Hot Flashes woke me up.  So I feel sleepy still.  I still haven't gotten my fasting labs done.  I will get there eventually.  I have 4 more medical appointments scheduled in the next 2 weeks.  I guess it's just as well to get them done with all at once.

Regular lessons today.  A college friend of dd18 is coming over later this morning.  Tonight is youth group and vespers service.  I should do a round robin of cleaning.  

Coffee!

• Like 3

Good Morning!

Happy Wednesday!

Yesterday I had a phone call that I was kind of dreading, but it worked out better than I expected.

And I made good progress on a project yesterday.  It's something that I've been procrastinating on for a while, so I'm hoping to keep the momentum going now that I've started.

I didn't really have a headache yesterday and it always amazes me after the fact how much I can get accomplished when my head doesn't hurt. 😞  I wish it were more often.

• Like 5

I actually slept really really well last night.  I was exhausted with all the urgent care, injured arm stuff.  I don't move much when I sleep since my co-sleeping with babies days so my arm didn't wake me after a few Advil.   Today it's better.  I can type with two hands.  It mainly hurts if I try and pick something up with that arm or move it a certain way.   I'll probably wear my sling to class to remind myself not to grab things with it but otherwise I think it will be back to normal soon. 

Two classes today, both with teenagers that I can make do all the heavy lifting.  🙂  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Anyone familiar with commercial leases?    We sent notification of wanting to renew back in February (when we were supposed to) and received an email that they did NOT accept it because we weren't in good standing due to utility bills (that they didn't send us what they were supposed to so we could pay them).    We paid some of the ones they did give us what we needed but not others, they didn't send anything further on our renewal.  

We leased an additional small space with an addendum in August.  Addendum doesn't have any dates at all, just says it's an addendum to our current lease.  I'm wondering if that addendum automatically renewed our initial lease or not.  

If not, we are probably going to just go ahead and move.  If it does, we need to bug them more about trying to get additional space in the current building.  

• Sad 6

1 hour ago, Wheres Toto said:

Anyone familiar with commercial leases?    We sent notification of wanting to renew back in February (when we were supposed to) and received an email that they did NOT accept it because we weren't in good standing due to utility bills (that they didn't send us what they were supposed to so we could pay them).    We paid some of the ones they did give us what we needed but not others, they didn't send anything further on our renewal.  

We leased an additional small space with an addendum in August.  Addendum doesn't have any dates at all, just says it's an addendum to our current lease.  I'm wondering if that addendum automatically renewed our initial lease or not.  

If not, we are probably going to just go ahead and move.  If it does, we need to bug them more about trying to get additional space in the current building.  

I am not familiar with that sort of thing. Sorry. 

But I am confused . Didn’t you move to a different location just in the last month or so?  Or did I misread /misremember stuff?  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I am not familiar with that sort of thing. Sorry. 

But I am confused . Didn’t you move to a different location just in the last month or so?  Or did I misread /misremember stuff?  

We moved our storage unit into the additional space we rented in the same building, in August/early September.    It's helped us better utilize our main classroom space but we really need more space for classes.   My landlords are morons so getting anything done is like pulling teeth.  Even when it's to their benefit. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

It’s gotten chilly outside and I am not a fan. 

Taking Juliet for a walk 

Does chilly increase your pain.  😞

I realized last winter while we stayed at home 99 percent of the time that I felt much better than I usually do in the winter.  I told dh that even after the pandemic is over, I may not leave the house in January or February ever again.

• Like 1

Morning.  Slept like crap last night.  😞   And today is my long day, four classes to teach.   But tomorrow is Friday so the weekend is here.

Arm is better today.  Still hurts if I lift too much or turn it a certain way.   I'm wearing the sling during class so I don't do something stupid and make it worse.   But otherwise, I'm not wearing it.  

• Like 6

Good morning!

I also slept badly.  But here I am.  Took the high schoolers to tutorial and then went to the store to find a new pair of walking shoes.  My current walking shoes are too small and my toes get bumped if I have to go downhill.  I should try out my new ones by taking pup on a walk.

Coffee!

• Like 4