• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Jean in Newcastle

• Susan in TN

• KrissiK

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You know, saying "ignore this thread" to this group is like saying "don't push the big red button!" 

Homeschoolers.     They always think the rules don't apply to them.

Cardiologist report: this doc was a major answer to prayer. He was appalled at the lack of communication from the previous doctor and apologized profusely even though it wasn't his fault. Dd's heart

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Junie said:

I like the smell of coffee, but I have never liked the taste of it.  Unless you add cream, sugar, caramel, whipped cream....

But that *is* how to make coffee.

Prepare ground coffee with water according to coffee maker instructions.

Add either A, 3 parts whole milk for every 4 parts coffee + 2 to 3 tablespoons of sugar,

or B, just 1 tablespoon of sugar + 1 part caramel almond milk creamer + 1 part plain unsweetened almond milk to 1 part 2 parts coffee.

Whipped cream on top is for special occasions, such as having in your household any creature that required your attention between midnight and 6 AM.

That is how to coffee.   #yourewelcome

Edited by whitehawk
  • Like 4
  • Haha 3
11 minutes ago, whitehawk said:

Add either A, 3 parts whole milk for every 4 parts coffee + 2 to 3 tablespoons of sugar,

or B, just 1 tablespoon of sugar + 1 part caramel almond milk creamer + 1 part plain unsweetened almond milk to 1 part coffee.

Whipped cream on top is for special occasions, such as having in your household any creature that required your attention between midnight and 6 AM.

I concur.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
13 hours ago, maize said:

I've spent most of the afternoon trying to get my washer working--made harder by the fact that the dryer was stacked on top and they live crammed right next to the water heater in a closet.

The problem was slow draining, I've cleaned out the hose, removed the back, and cleaned out the coin trap. Running a cleaning cycle now, fingers crossed that it works.

We have the same problem.  Our washer/dryer are stacked in our utility closet so there's also a well pump, water softener, and fuse box, in addition to the hot water heater.   You basically have to stand on a stool and look behind the dryer to see the fuse box.    When the well pump broke down, we had to move the washer and dryer.  There's only about 2 feet in front of them and NO room on the sides, so taking them down/out is very very difficult, they are very very heavy, and I don't think dh and I are even strong enough to do it anymore (it was pushing it last time we did).    It's the reason why a bigger utility room is one of the addition plans we actually kept.  

2 hours ago, Junie said:

I like the smell of coffee, but I have never liked the taste of it.  Unless you add cream, sugar, caramel, whipped cream....

Our (newish) pastor loves coffee and had a free coffee bar set up at church.  I tried it twice -- my only two cups of coffee since I've been married -- but it just isn't my thing.

I don't do coffee.  Never have, not even with super sweet yummy stuff mixed in.  I have two cups of mixed black/green tea with honey every morning.  First cup with bone broth, second cup with Benefiber.  

I may be more into my routines that I think.  

• Like 5

Dh does drink coffee.  He used to drink tea when first waking up (he may still, I don't know), then have coffee at work.  He now has his coffee at home (obviously) but we have a Kuerig with the refillable filter so he only makes the one or two cups he drinks. 

• Like 5

Good Morning!!!!!

COFFEE!!!!!~D

Sunday, we have TV church again.😩 I have really had it with TV church.

The girls came in around 11:30. Open air sleeping just wasn’t working for them!!

• Like 4
29 minutes ago, whitehawk said:

or B, just 1 tablespoon of sugar + 1 part caramel almond milk creamer + 1 part plain unsweetened almond milk to 1 part coffee.

High five, WH. Of course, I would swap out the caramel almond creamer for peppermint mocha creamer at Christmas time.

• Like 4
40 minutes ago, Spudater said:

I don’t know that I would’ve noticed that My Side of the Mountain takes place in the 50s bc he spends so much time out of society. Both are great books, though. 

Just an aside, but I so badly wanted to be the boy in My Side of the Mountain. Not the girl in the sequel, though. 

• Like 5
28 minutes ago, Spudater said:

I don’t know that I would’ve noticed that My Side of the Mountain takes place in the 50s bc he spends so much time out of society. Both are great books, though. 

Thanks. I know he would enjoy the wilderness survival thing but I don't like the whole "running away" thing which has me thinking Gone-Away. Siblings getting along, interacting positively, and a little mystery reminds me of Boxcar children in a way but at an older reading level so I think he'll enjoy it. 

• Like 3
12 minutes ago, Critterfixer said:

Just an aside, but I so badly wanted to be the boy in My Side of the Mountain. Not the girl in the sequel, though. 

Aw man! I just know I'm going to end up buying him both now. Good thing he loves to read.

• Like 2
17 minutes ago, Critterfixer said:

When I was a kid, I wanted our house to be like Little House On the Prairie.  I was in like fourth grade, and we had, for Thanksgiving, done a play at school about it and I was a Pilgrim girl and had the bonnet thing (not the out in the sunshine kind, the round one with elastic) from the play.  I would put it on with my nightgown to go to bed, pretending it was super cold and I was in that house.  I always took off that bonnet pretty quickly because I got too hot.

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Servant4Christ said:

Which should I get for Oldest to represent the 1950s? Gone-Away Lake or My Side of the Mountain? He'll be 11 when he reads it, if that helps.

My Side of the Mountain was my brother's favorite book at about that age. I've read it and it is good.

Haven't read Gone Away Lake so can't comment on that one.

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, maize said:

My Side of the Mountain was my brother's favorite book at about that age. I've read it and it is good.

Haven't read Gone Away Lake so can't comment on that one.

This is why My Side of the Mountain is still the one on my list. Maybe he would enjoy Gone-Away and it's sequel now. He's itching for more reading books and our library is still closed for who knows how long. Hmm.

• Like 3

I love coffee. I’ve been drinking it since I was 12.  I used to drink it black, high-octane.  Then I got pregnant, went off it for pregnancy and early months of nursing, and couldn’t stomach it without milk or cream thereafter.  Just now able to drink it black again; DS is 13.  I prefer it now with heavy cream, but the extra lbs that adds has me limiting my use of cream.

Tea upsets my stomach.

• Like 4
2 hours ago, Critterfixer said:

Morning. I live. I have writing planned for today and some cooking because the refrigerator is pretty bare of leftovers. Hoping we can get what we need this week. If not, will make do with what we get.

I have decided that June is going to be relaxing if it kills me. This month has been way too hectic.

Remember the rules!  

3 hours ago, myblessings4 said:

Good morning 😊. !  

It took me a long time to actually LIKE coffee, except when my granny would make it with mostly milk and sugar for me.  But now I want it every morning.  Two cups.  However, I am now at half-caff.  I just like the warm cup of something satisfying.  And now I put bone broth in the first cup, so that protein helps me even more.  The kids drink it, too, but not every morning, and none of us after the morning.

We drink half-caff too.  

3 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Thank you!  ❤️ Got 'em packed. 2 coolers and 7 boxes of food ready to go. Now if everyone would stop pestering me I could banish the goat!

Sigh.

Impressive!

3 hours ago, lulalu said:

We have black tea. That is what I drank today. I like black tea, but I LOVE coffee. It will suffice for a few days. 

Yay for Plan B!

2 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

JEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAANNNNNNN!!! 
Stop social distancing us!  
I'm sorry for being so annoying!  
I will try to do better!

Please Jean!  I have my mask standing by for your return.

1 hour ago, Susan in TN said:

It's about time to go.  Cue rain.  I will try to check in when I have service.  Be back Thursday night.

Have fun storming the castle!

4 hours ago, Spudater said:

Still pregnant. Woke up three or four times in the night with a really hard contraction that got my hopes up but no dice. 

Come on Baby!  Stop playing around!  ITT aunties want to see you.  ❤️

• Like 5
2 hours ago, KrissiK said:

Good Morning!!!!!

COFFEE!!!!!~D

Sunday, we have TV church again.😩 I have really had it with TV church.

The girls came in around 11:30. Open air sleeping just wasn’t working for them!!

Three of us went to real church this morning.  It was wonderful!  Do you know when you get to go back?

• Like 1

I think Jean's been busier than ever with the COVID craziness. Camp and church and all of that is just more than it was before.

• Like 1

My pastor goes on rants and gets all passionate about things. He'll follow it with "Now that's good preaching." Today he said "Deviled eggs-no relish. That's good preaching." It was funny.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
2 hours ago, ikslo said:

I love coffee. I’ve been drinking it since I was 12.  I used to drink it black, high-octane.  Then I got pregnant, went off it for pregnancy and early months of nursing, and couldn’t stomach it without milk or cream thereafter.  Just now able to drink it black again; DS is 13.  I prefer it now with heavy cream, but the extra lbs that adds has me limiting my use of cream.

Tea upsets my stomach.

I started drinking black coffee when I began high school, so 14. Many years ago now... 

Started drinking black tea during the years I've lived in central Asia and the middle east. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Another Lynn said:

Three of us went to real church this morning.  It was wonderful!  Do you know when you get to go back?

I have no idea when The People’s Republic of California is going to open up.  Dear Governor wants to make sure we are really super safe.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
3 hours ago, whitehawk said:

Howdy! 

I'm a long- time lurker of this thread, and a big fan of you all. I've always been too shy to contribute, though I've wanted to. Seeing my name felt like an invitation, so I thought I'd say hello. If you all are open to another ITTer, I'd be happy to join the fun. 

Thanks for the hello!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4
7 minutes ago, PoisonHemlock said:

Howdy! 

I'm a long- time lurker of this thread, and a big fan of you all. I've always been too shy to contribute, though I've wanted to. Seeing my name felt like an invitation, so I thought I'd say hello. If you all are open to another ITTer, I'd be happy to join the fun. 

Thanks for the hello!

Hey there, PH!!! Welcome. We’d love to have you stay and play!

• Like 4
8 minutes ago, PoisonHemlock said:

Howdy! 

Thanks for the hello!

Always room for one more!  Welcome!  

• Like 2

Do you guys ever watch those animal rescue videos on FB? The Dodo? I’ve been watching them more aNd more. They are so sweet and I just love it when they drag this ratty old cat or dog from a drain pipe somewhere and three minutes later they are fat and fluffy and sleeping on somebody’s couch. They make me feel good.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Servant4Christ said:

I baked a Dutch apple pie using my 9/11 recipe. It's cooling now.

I call it my 9/11 recipe because right after 9/11, Emeril Lagasse had an apple pie recipe contest on Good Morning America. The winner appeared on the show and showed us all how to make it so I wrote it down and gave it a whirl and everyone LOVED it! If I remember correctly, a bunch of pies were then made using this recipe and sold and all the proceeds were donated to the victims.

https://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Recipes/story?id=1271743

Edited by Servant4Christ
Not Oprah!
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Poison, as a long-time lurker, where do you stand on the topic of Booya/h?  Be careful how you answer.  It means everything.  (And nothing 😆😉)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
52 minutes ago, ikslo said:

Poison, as a long-time lurker, where do you stand on the topic of Booya/h?  Be careful how you answer.  It means everything.  (And nothing 😆😉)

Thanks for the welcome everyone! 

The Booya/h has mystified me, actually. At first I thought it was something you were awarded, but then it seemed like something you assign to your own posts. If you would be so kind as to give me a rundown of the rules of the Booya/h then I will certainly take a stand. 😉

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, PoisonHemlock said:

Thanks for the welcome everyone! 

The Booya/h has mystified me, actually. At first I thought it was something you were awarded, but then it seemed like something you assign to your own posts. If you would be so kind as to give me a rundown of the rules of the Booya/h then I will certainly take a stand. 😉

I am the originator of the Booya. It is used when you accomplish something and since we used to race to the top of the page getting the first post was considered an accomplishment and people would post Booya. AMJ began misspelling it around page 80 and many others followed suit. Please post Booya in any post you feel is appropriate.

-Original Booya Babe

• Like 1

Poison, I can’t see your signature since I’m on my phone.  Homeschooling any kiddos?  Or do you live in your mom’s basement like me? (j/k)

• Haha 2

No siggy. Stalking reveals an 11ish year old boy. They live in Northern New Mexico. All of her recent profile views are ITTers. :biggrin:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Thank you both for the explanations. I love it when things make sense! Now that I know the full story, I can say that I am firmly in the Booya/h group. I think both spellings are excellent, so I will use both simultaneously! 

Ikslo, I am always on my phone, so I don't see signatures either. I'm not even sure if I have one, but it's probability wrong if I do. I homeschool my DS, and we're finishing up 5th grade in two weeks. I also live in my mom's house (no basement), but since my husband and I bought it three years ago, it's not hers anymore. 😉

• Like 6

Poison, you must know one essential rule here, which does not have the wiggle room of page-top Booyah or its lesser spelling: No ITTer shall die for any reason.

This is enforced by the Elephant Ninja Brigade. Thank you for your cooperation, and welcome. 🙂

Edited by whitehawk
  • Like 6

I'm supposed to be helping dd16 make some sort of green Irish soup with an unpronounceable name.

Of course, most Irish names are unpronounceable...

• Like 2

@whitehawk I agree to follow that very important rule. I definitely don't want to incite the wrath of the Elephant Ninja Brigade. That sounds VERY scary! 

Some kind of green soup sounds strangely tasty at the moment. Even if the name is unspeakable. 

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, PoisonHemlock said:

@whitehawk I agree to follow that very important rule. I definitely don't want to incite the wrath of the Elephant Ninja Brigade. That sounds VERY scary! 

Some kind of green soup sounds strangely tasty at the moment. Even if the name is unspeakable. 

Here's one, but it's Caribbean.

Welcome Poison.  Sometimes when it seems we are close to starting a new page, some people might send super short posts but many of them in an attempt to get the elusive booya.

• Haha 3

I didn't work out with dd today.   I (theoretically) was catching up on cleaning and setting up homeschool stuff.  I got to refresh my memory on Algebra 2, completing the square.

ETA:  Oh look!  I got the booya.  However did that happen?!?  😇

An Algebra 2 booya.

Edited by Where's Toto?
  • Like 5
  • Haha 4