Menu

Ignore this thread!

When I ordered furniture last spring, I specifically made sure that every piece would be high enough off the floor that Sir Pups(poops)-a-lot would be able to crawl underneath and get his toys himself.  He is still not totally convinced that he can retrieve his ball from under the sofa and is currently halfway under the sofa and barking at his ball.  Now he's crying.  Come on, Pup! You can do it!

It's a Silly Puppy Booyah!

This is the thread that never ends,

It just goes on and on my friends.

People started posting not knowing what it was,

And they will keep on posting here forever just because...

This is the thread that never ends

You'd best come join it with your friends

'Cuz it will replace Facebook as the latest web-based craze

And everyone will post here instead for the rest of their days

This is the thread that's always there

They'll cheer you up so don't despair

The group is growing well as more people start checking in

And we'll keep sucking them in because our cheer is addictive

It's better than a Mercedes Benz

It helps with coffee withdrawal and other troubles, too

Eighteen hundred pages of friends all cheering for you

This thread keeps going on and on

with record-setting length and fun

It started forty-eight months ago from curiosity

and all the fun and frolic has shown this is the place to be

This is the thread that never ends...

And the place where one finds special friends,

the kind that have hearts that are strong and true

Yes, ITT ladies, I am talking to you! 

Yeah, it's superior to other trends

Friends start out scratching their head in confusion, perhaps

But then the laughter strikes and they gratefully tip their caps.

I had no idea when I entered in

That what seems a little nuts might actually save me

From going insane on days that are crazy 🤗

This is the thread that never ends....

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 5
  • Haha 2

Back from the wedding. It was nice. They didn’t have wedding cake, though. We had donuts. I sort of like donuts, but I would rather have had a nice white wedding cake with lemon filling. Or raspberry filling. 

You know, I think I have a problem. I don’t like chocolate as much as I used to, is that a symptom of something? Like the last several weddings and bridal showers I’ve been to I have passed up the chocolate cake in favor of lemon or even white. 

• Like 5

We are all about the chocolate in my house.    Rich chocolate fudge cake with lots of creamy chocolate icing, bits and pieces of dark chocolate or brownies or fudge.  Chocolate, chocolate, chocolate.

Morning, Happy Sunday.  Now I want chocolate donuts.   But still no car so I can't do anything.

Dh is heading home this morning.  I don't know what time, I haven't talked to him yet.   When he gets here, we'll go pick up his car (guy called about 9pm last night that it was done).  He's meeting up with an old friend he hasn't seen in about 10 years to watch football, I'll have my car so I'll run by the science center and to the store to pick up a few things since I have to deal with dinner again.  

I got a ton done yesterday on my to-do list.  Laundry, updating Facebook from our 4-H meeting and the last two weeks of classes, printing checks, printing pictures of a field trip to be used for a study, typed a check register in Excel (I write some checks and print some so I wanted one place to track easier), payed my quarterly employer taxes, updated attendance records, updated class rosters.    I do have a bit more to do today, setting up school, planning classes, but I feel pretty good about what I accomplished.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, KrissiK said:

Back from the wedding. It was nice. They didn’t have wedding cake, though. We had donuts. I sort of like donuts, but I would rather have had a nice white wedding cake with lemon filling. Or raspberry filling. 

You know, I think I have a problem. I don’t like chocolate as much as I used to, is that a symptom of something? Like the last several weddings and bridal showers I’ve been to I have passed up the chocolate cake in favor of lemon or even white. 

I vote raspberry. 

I like some chocolate things, but I’m not a huge fan of cake generally speaking. Most of my relatives love chocolate, so those desserts are always available at family gatherings, kwim?  I like other things when I can get them. 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, KrissiK said:

This has happened to me a couple of times.  So weird.

• Like 3

Good morning!

We are back from church and Sunday school and warming up leftovers for lunch.  Last night was the last dinner from the meal train.  It has been such a blessing!  I do have quite a few freezer meals ready for us from my sister and other things that I have put together the last couple months, so I just have to get my meal schedule back in gear.

Coffee!

• Like 5

21 hours ago, Another Lynn said:

Pans - my .02 is go cheap because the non-stick eventually goes bad no matter what you do. Keep it out of the d/w as long as you can, but know that someone will put it in there eventually. 

Well, we haven't had a dishwasher in over 20 years, so I won't have to worry about that. I switched over all our cooking utensils to non-metal ones, but sometimes someone will use our metal eating utensils in the pans. I have to train them out of that.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Junie said:

And since I just spent a couple of hours in Spanish, I'm having trouble writing in English.

Puedes escribirlo en español. Necesito practicar. Slache y Renai comprenden bien y pueden ayudar otras ITTistas.

Edited by Carolina Wren
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

7 hours ago, Renai said:

Well, we haven't had a dishwasher in over 20 years, so I won't have to worry about that. I switched over all our cooking utensils to non-metal ones, but sometimes someone will use our metal eating utensils in the pans. I have to train them out of that.

The last pan I bought was a 12" from Aldi.  I like it so far.  It was $20.

I'm not sure if the bottom is flat.  We have a gas stove.  Everything is wobbly on it.

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 3

42 minutes ago, Renai said:

What flight walkouts? My head is further down than yours.

I don't remember which people groups, but several important groups to commercial flying, like pilots and similar, are walking out on the job in protest of the vaccine mandates. Thousands of passengers are displaced around the country. Ellie is posting about it a lot on Facebook.

• Like 2

Morning.   Happy Monday.

Heading over in a little bit to workout with dd. We're going to do a walk and yoga today then she's going to clean for me. 

I only have one class today, ds's math class.  Which will only have him and one other student because two students will be out today.   My other class has dd, one of the students missing math as well, and a student who is returning to public school.   I think I'm going to switch that class next session (the other student is my cleaning person's dd).  This may be the last year I do these math classes or I'll set a minimum number of students.   They were (barely) worth doing for just a few students when my kids were in them, but this is the last year that will be the case. 

• Like 4

I think these are the 2 finalists. Oldest likes the colorful one, but all reviews for the best case for my specific model say to go with the Spigen. What say my fellow ITTers?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08ZMSHSHT/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_i_92WZGGZ1SVZC234VXGX9?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07ZG42T4C/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_i_3K5RXENJRM4PM3VVS8KQ?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

• Like 1

Good morning!  It's The Queen's favorite day!  

Our fall weather should arrive, at least temporarily, this weekend.

Do mosquitos die after biting?  Oh, and I found the wasp that was lost in my bathroom.  Dd15 is studying it.

I have to keep my head buried to avoid descending into a state of panic.  Also, I am planning some hypothetical trips.  I have a second load of laundry going and am trying to remember to pay bills today.  A college friend of dd18 is coming over this afternoon to play a game or two - they have fall break this week.

Coffee!

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

I think these are the 2 finalists. Oldest likes the colorful one, but all reviews for the best case for my specific model say to go with the Spigen. What say my fellow ITTers?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08ZMSHSHT/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_i_92WZGGZ1SVZC234VXGX9?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07ZG42T4C/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_i_3K5RXENJRM4PM3VVS8KQ?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

You could buy the black one, then decorate it with colorful stickers. They sell them for phone cases but it might not matter. (I have not researched this but I have seen some people who have done it). 

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

Always go with the reviews.

38 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Do mosquitoes die after biting?

No. Mosquitoes only bite when they're pregnant, so that would mean no mosquitoes. Mosquitoes live on nectar when they are not pregnant.

• Like 2

So at agility yesterday Juliet slipped and fell off the five foot tall dogwalk (like a balance beam for dogs).  My mommy reflexes kicked in and I broke her fall with one hand, allowing her to gently land on her feet.  I was applauded by the teacher and the other participants!  But now my hand hurts from blocking the fall of a 73 pound dog (nothing bad - just sore.) 

• Sad 4

10 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

So at agility yesterday Juliet slipped and fell off the five foot tall dogwalk (like a balance beam for dogs).  My mommy reflexes kicked in and I broke her fall with one hand, allowing her to gently land on her feet.  I was applauded by the teacher and the other participants!  But now my hand hurts from blocking the fall of a 73 pound dog (nothing bad - just sore.) 

Sorry about your hand but I’m glad Juliet is okay. That could have been really bad!  Go, momma!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Bills are paid.

I'm trying to decide what to do with Lynette over the winter.  She loses all her leaves no matter what I do - inside with plant lights, outside with heater and plant tent, etc.  So.  I think I'll move her to the front porch where she will be under cover from frost and freezing stuff, but will get some sunlight.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Dd15 came to me and said she thinks she has hyperthyroidism because of symptoms she's having.  Mood swings, tiredness, difficulty sleeping, weight loss, trembling.  Poor thing.  This is grief, sweetie.  Also covid (along with everything tasting like refried beans).  I'll take her to the doctor anyway.

• Sad 8

19 hours ago, Slache said:

It's hot. Everyone is sweaty and miserable and even the snake is stretched out because of the heat. He tried to bandaid the AC today but it didn't work.

I am pro chocolate. Our chocolate is probably melted. My lotion melted. I was irritated.

Lotion melts? I guess it makes sense, but I can honestly say I've never experienced it.

Edited by Servant4Christ
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Please don't ruin my happy place. 

My head must be further down than I thought. Or something deleted that I missed?

40 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

Lotion melts? I guess it makes sense, but I can honestly say I've never experienced it.

Yep, it's more liquidy/oily, instead of creamy. It separates too.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, Slache said:

I don't remember which people groups, but several important groups to commercial flying, like pilots and similar, are walking out on the job in protest of the vaccine mandates. Thousands of passengers are displaced around the country. Ellie is posting about it a lot on Facebook.

Oh, I guess I don't pay attention since I can't fly anyway. Long time born-and-raised citizen that can't get the federal ID and all that. Oh, wait. I have a passport again, so I CAN fly now. But, I drive.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Bills are paid.

I'm trying to decide what to do with Lynette over the winter.  She loses all her leaves no matter what I do - inside with plant lights, outside with heater and plant tent, etc.  So.  I think I'll move her to the front porch where she will be under cover from frost and freezing stuff, but will get some sunlight.  

I don't remember, what type of plant is Lynette?

• Like 1