Jump to content

Menu

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 204.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Slache

    24626

  • Jean in Newcastle

    17365

  • Susan in TN

    16810

  • KrissiK

    14997

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You know, saying "ignore this thread" to this group is like saying "don't push the big red button!" 

Homeschoolers.     They always think the rules don't apply to them.

Coming out of my long time lurking because I couldn't ignore this thread..  :leaving:

Posted Images

5 hours ago, KrissiK said:

Yeah, I never finished the series. I think I watched definitely the first two seasons, maybe the third. I don’t remember. It just goes with my theory that good shows last 3-4 seasons and then.... they’re worthless. 


Supernatural.   It was ending this year after 15 years.  Of course, they had to put the last 4 or 5 episodes on hold so we are waiiiitittttttiiiiiiinnnnnnngggggg.

4 hours ago, Slache said:

Except The Simpsons.

I like the Simpsons.  I was a regular watcher for the first 20 seasons or so.   One of my oldest daughters first words was "D'oh".  😁  I still watch it on rare occasions when flipping through channels.   I may watch some now that we have Disney +.

 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Then there's Firefly that was so amazing and then incomprehensibly cancelled after 1 season.. 

Unfortunately this is a way more common scenario.   There are more great shows cancelled too soon than mediocre shows going too long. 

  • Like 3
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I've spent most of the afternoon trying to get my washer working--made harder by the fact that the dryer was stacked on top and they live crammed right next to the water heater in a closet.

The problem was slow draining, I've cleaned out the hose, removed the back, and cleaned out the coin trap. Running a cleaning cycle now, fingers crossed that it works.

  • Like 4
  • Sad 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, maize said:

I've spent most of the afternoon trying to get my washer working--made harder by the fact that the dryer was stacked on top and they live crammed right next to the water heater in a closet.

The problem was slow draining, I've cleaned out the hose, removed the back, and cleaned out the coin trap. Running a cleaning cycle now, fingers crossed that it works.

The awkwardness of doing repairs on a stacked washer/dryer makes me wonder if the convenience is worth it.

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Slache said:

 Watch the blipies after the credits. They can be importante.

Mr. Ellie and I are almost always the last ones out of the theater, because we are watching the credits until the very bitter end. We do it at home, too, even when we've watched a movie elebenty times, because you just never know...

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, KrissiK said:

Yeah, I never finished the series. I think I watched definitely the first two seasons, maybe the third. I don’t remember. It just goes with my theory that good shows last 3-4 seasons and then.... they’re worthless. 

Star Trek Voyager got a second breath when Seven of Nine joined the cast at the end of Season 3. There were four great seasons after that. FYI.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mama25angels said:

Where  ya going?

Camping at a state park.  I haven't been there since dd17 was a toddler.  It's a nice place.  Has the highest waterfall east of the Mississippi (Fall Creek Falls)  and lots of nice hiking.  We're going to make a day of hiking the Virgin Falls trail if the rain holds off.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

I finished chapter 2 of the biography of Calvin Coolidge I am reading. You know, it is interesting reading presidential biographies. So many of them had such different upbringings. Coolidge was a fascinating man.  But I also find the times in which he lived to be interesting.... the end of the 19th century and the beginning of the 20th.

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Then there's Firefly that was so amazing and then incomprehensibly cancelled after 1 season.. 

I will never understand why there was only 1 season. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

Coffee's almost gone.  Get it while you can.

We are all OUT of coffee here. And our stores are closed through Wednesday.

DS told me this morning (1st day with no coffee) that this will be good, I need coffee too much. 😂😭 I told him he has no idea how much I love coffee. On top of the fact it is Ramadan and so I wake up in the early early morning because we have a drummer waking everyone up. So I really need my coffee. 

  • Like 3
  • Sad 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, lulalu said:

We are all OUT of coffee here. And our stores are closed through Wednesday.

DS told me this morning (1st day with no coffee) that this will be good, I need coffee too much. 😂😭 I told him he has no idea how much I love coffee. On top of the fact it is Ramadan and so I wake up in the early early morning because we have a drummer waking everyone up. So I really need my coffee. 

Do you have Advil or Ibuprofen?  You will probably need it for the headache you'll likely have.  Unless you have other sources of caffeine.  (((lulalu)))

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Good Morning!

Happy Sunday!

My whole right arm is sore.  I think I must have slept on it.

Our church is re-opening today, but we are staying home and watching online.

We have some zucchini in the house, so I think dh is planning to make fried zucchini to go with our pasta that we have every Sunday for lunch.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Junie said:

Nobody drinks coffee here.  I think there's something wrong with us.

If you don't like it or need it, no need to regret that!  I would be fine switching to decaf (gradually, of course), but it would require two coffee pots.  But I do like starting the day with a hot mug and for some reason coffee is more satisfying than tea.    

Edited by Another Lynn
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

If you don't like it or need it, no need to regret that!  I would be fine switching to decaf (gradually, of course), but it would require two coffee pots.  But I do like starting the day with a hot mug and for some reason coffee is more satisfying than tea.    

I like the smell of coffee, but I have never liked the taste of it.  Unless you add cream, sugar, caramel, whipped cream....

Our (newish) pastor loves coffee and had a free coffee bar set up at church.  I tried it twice -- my only two cups of coffee since I've been married -- but it just isn't my thing.

 

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Junie said:

I like the smell of coffee, but I have never liked the taste of it.  Unless you add cream, sugar, caramel, whipped cream....

Same.

I remember the smell at my great-grandmother's house of coffee perking and toast. It is a warm fuzzy memory smell for me. 🙂 But I don't wanna drink that stuff unless it comes with cream, sugar, caramel, whipped cream...

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Junie said:

I like the smell of coffee, but I have never liked the taste of it.  Unless you add cream, sugar, caramel, whipped cream....

Our (newish) pastor loves coffee and had a free coffee bar set up at church.  I tried it twice -- my only two cups of coffee since I've been married -- but it just isn't my thing.

 

Coffe smells fine to me ordinarily but that smell was my worst nausea trigger when pregnant. I couldn't even walk down the coffee aisle at the grocery store.

Good thing nobody here drinks it.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Good morning 😊. !  

It took me a long time to actually LIKE coffee, except when my granny would make it with mostly milk and sugar for me.  But now I want it every morning.  Two cups.  However, I am now at half-caff.  I just like the warm cup of something satisfying.  And now I put bone broth in the first cup, so that protein helps me even more.  The kids drink it, too, but not every morning, and none of us after the morning.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, whitehawk said:

Remember the bananas.

Thank you!  ❤️ Got 'em packed. 2 coolers and 7 boxes of food ready to go. Now if everyone would stop pestering me I could banish the goat!

37 minutes ago, Spudater said:

Still pregnant. Woke up three or four times in the night with a really hard contraction that got my hopes up but no dice. 

Sigh.

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Another Lynn said:

Do you have Advil or Ibuprofen?  You will probably need it for the headache you'll likely have.  Unless you have other sources of caffeine.  (((lulalu)))

We have black tea. That is what I drank today. I like black tea, but I LOVE coffee. It will suffice for a few days. 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Morning. I live. I have writing planned for today and some cooking because the refrigerator is pretty bare of leftovers. Hoping we can get what we need this week. If not, will make do with what we get.

I have decided that June is going to be relaxing if it kills me. This month has been way too hectic.

 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...