Menu

Ignore this thread!

16 hours ago, Wheres Toto said:

I don't drink coffee.   If I have no choice but to go to Starbucks I get chai tea.    I've thought about trying one of the super sweet, chocolatey drinks but I decided it's not really a habit I want to start. 

They are pretty sweet!! Back when i was able to meet school families in person, I would meet some families at Starbucks and always got a tall skinny mocha. They don’t sweeten that, you put your own sweetener in. That was really the only think I knew how to order.🤣

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Renai said:

This is Gymnast's dream.

It worked well for us.  (This was pre-Covid, of course).  We would go there for bookwork.  We'd get a table.  My daughter focused better with the generalized buzz of conversation around us. 

We did science experiments and other hands on things at home. 

We did have people stop by to talk to us on occasion - well, mostly to talk to me and ask if I would "tutor" their child too. 

• Like 6

Morning. Don't drink coffee. There is a Starbuck in town, but I only went once to get a single cup of coffee for a recipe. I got my order free because they couldn't remember what I asked for.

Other than that, we didn't get enough rain, and there's no rain in the forecast and October is our driest month. And it's still too hot for fall. Boo.

• Like 3

Good morning!

Three people went in to church very early for work and service music and the rest of us went to early service and Sunday School.  I cried all the way through How Firm A Foundation.  One of these days I will be able to get through a service.

I have determined to have ds16 drive me around a bit this afternoon. Probably in the van, because he needs to learn how to drive it, but ds26 has offered his car if needed.  Willy_Nilly.

A few days ago I submitted a request to a car auction buyer and he kindly let me know that my price range is not a thing in the current market.  I'm not looking for anything fancy!  He said he'd see what he can do.

Coffee!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

We churched. Had a great sermon. We are going through the book of Jonah! The part of the sermon that really spoke to me was “God hears our prayers, He is always at work, but it is not always on our timeline.” Gave me a lot of comfort and hope, especially in regards to my job, which is really difficult now.

• Like 7

I went to my book club yesterday.  I'm not sure if I'm going to continue at this point or not.   We read "How to Raise a Wild Child", which was an interesting book.   The author was very VERY wordy and convoluted, but his stories were interesting.  Not many practical suggestions and a little bit pushy that the ideas would work for everyone, everywhere which is a little bit annoying. 

We sat outside, spaced about 5-6 feet apart and the organizer still wanted everyone in masks, which I thought was a bit much (we are all vaccinated as well).  I don't know how long that can continue since winter is coming.  I don't know if I want to sit outside in the cold, even around a fire pit, wearing a mask (cold and fire tend to set off my allergies/asthma).  

Other than me and one other person, everyone else had only young children (one 7 year old, the rest were all under 5) so I'm at a pretty different place at this point (plus there was a little bit more of the whole "I know the right way and everyone needs to follow it" stuff that I find eye-roll worthy).    Although I bet I came across a little bit know-it-all too, but I was mostly trying to caution about expecting perfect results based on following a plan.  

• Like 6

I'm procrastinating here since I can't procrastinate on Facebook.

My doctor's appointment was with my GYN so I could get a script for my mammo.   I ended up getting a flu shot.  I wasn't planning to, but they offered it and this way I don't need to go to another doctor. 

It's gross and raining and chilly today. 

• Like 5

On 10/3/2021 at 12:36 PM, Critterfixer said:

Morning. Don't drink coffee. There is a Starbuck in town, but I only went once to get a single cup of coffee for a recipe. I got my order free because they couldn't remember what I asked for.

Other than that, we didn't get enough rain, and there's no rain in the forecast and October is our driest month. And it's still too hot for fall. Boo.

You can have some of our rain. We're not getting tons, but it's been consistent with no visible end in sight.

Edited by Servant4Christ
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, Wheres Toto said:

I'm procrastinating here since I can't procrastinate on Facebook.

My doctor's appointment was with my GYN so I could get a script for my mammo.   I ended up getting a flu shot.  I wasn't planning to, but they offered it and this way I don't need to go to another doctor. 

It's gross and raining and chilly today. 

Ugh. Thanks for the reminder. I need to schedule a Dr appt and I've been procrastinating.

Edited by Servant4Christ
  • Like 2

Good morning!

I have an itchy bug bite on my arm.  Woe is me.  Today is busy.  After dropping off dd18 at school, I have to go to the bank and see if they can help me with something.  Then home for a bit.  Then after bringing dd to work I will hopefully be getting a scheduled call from S.S. to discuss survivor benefits for the kids.  Then I have to pick up dd from work and drive her and a friend to a dinner/study thing that is way off in the boonies, go to GriefShare, pick up people from dinner/study, then collapse in bed.

Coffee!

• Like 4

Morning.  Happy Tuesday. 

I went to bed at 8pm last night.  I was really really tired and instead of just staying up doing something mindless and easy, I went to bed.   I fell asleep right away so evidently I really was just that tired.  Maybe from the flu shot, maybe the blechy gloomy weather, maybe allergies (I took extra meds) but I think I feel better with the extra sleep.  

I have two classes today but I'm also supposed to help with a field trip in another class.  Not sure if that's going to work out.  It's very cloudy and supposed to scattered shower all day.  We will have to make a decision on if we want to try and get out there or postpone another week.  

After this week we are halfway through the first session.  I still don't quite feel organized and I'm not sure why.  I'm basically doing the same things that worked last year.  Maybe when we have a break week, I'll be able to take a look at things and see why they don't seem to be working anymore.

• Like 6

I haz a multitude of owies. I have been putting off the kid's rooms for far too long. Yesterday we did the boys shelves and cabinets. We got a whole bin of toddler toys out for baby and took 4 bags to the dumpster including my boppy. 😢 Today we cleaned out dressers and stored clothes. Everyone got a wardrobe upgrade and I got rid of all clothing that is too small for the child of that gender, which you can see here:

20211005_133744.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4