Menu

Ignore this thread!

6 hours ago, Wheres Toto said:

Dd and I didn't get to work out at all last week (she's working 20 days in a row without a day off) but I did some Tai Chi and yoga a couple days.  I need to remember to do that every day.  It's a much better start and keeps my back from hurting.   I can't do it too well at home because the dog wants to "help" so I need to figure that out.    I can go to the science center every morning for a little while before things start. 

I recently had the brilliant plan to exercise with ds16, who needs to start training for a Big Backpacking Trek with the Scouts (same place that I went with dd15 in June).  He seems OK with the idea.  Now it must be implemented.  Sigh.

Wow!  It's an Exercise Implementation Booyah!

ITT Fight Song

We are ITT   
a happy lucky posting family   
We are ITT   
Get up everybody and sing!

(Jean, 10/2020)

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

While I can be quite chatty (just ask Ikslo) there are days like today when I would love to be out in the woods with no sounds except for nature and the padding of  Juliet's paws next to mine. 

I prefer being alone. Most of the time.

• Like 5

I have been extremely productive today.  I went nuts with the Giant Gardening Scissors to trim back the brush that was starting to block the sidewalk near the house and raked/swept up a bunch of dead leaves and pulled sidewalk weeds while I was at it.  

I took ds16 to a nearby school to try out driving the 12-passenger van.  It went fine.  I did not manage any panicked screaming.

I cleaned the stove and the storm door.

Then I did a ton of work in the garage - going through boxes off dd23's stuff and consolidating boxes.  She will need to go through them *eventually* - her move to her new job was so rushed and difficult that she really didn't have time to go through things.  Now the bike rack is clear to store the bikes and there is extra space to put all the old chairs and stuff that we are getting rid of.   I am considering having a yard sale.    

Now all I need is for the boys to move the stuff from upstairs into the garage and move the living room coffee table upstairs.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

While I can be quite chatty (just ask Ikslo) there are days like today when I would love to be out in the woods with no sounds except for nature and the padding of  Juliet's paws next to mine. 

Forest bathing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

A new rug I ordered for the little kid room came in (was supposed to be delivered by October 4th so wasn't expecting it yet) so I ran by the science center to put that down.  Then I did some filing there.  Then I hauled stuff upstairs to storage.  Then I hauled a table down to switch out two small tables for one big table in the big classroom.  Then I came home and I've been working on classes. 

Now I'm eating a pork belly, beans, carrot stew over basmati rice for early dinner (also late lunch since I didn't eat lunch) before heading to my meeting. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, ikslo said:

I’m watching Letters to Juliet.  Don’t tell me how it ends.

Oh, I just looked it up and it looks like something I might like.  (I was sold when I saw Vanessa Redgrave is in it.)

So don't tell me how it ends, either.  I might watch it tonight after everyone goes to bed.

Nevermind: Just saw that it isn't one of youtube's free movies, so it will have to wait for another day. 😞

Edited by Junie
  • Like 2

I went to the grocery store. And the bank. And the gas station. I think that is enough for today. Except that we have to go to Rally Day at DD’s school tonight. They are serving a free meal, so that’s a plus. I just really don’t want to go. Except that the choir is singing and she’s in the choir, so I have to go. But, at least there’s a free meal.

Edited by KrissiK
  • Thanks 4

11 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

I went to the grocery store. And the bank. And the gas station. I think that is enough for today. Except that we have to go to Rally Day at DD’s school school tonight. They are serving a free meal, so that’s a plus. I just really don’t want to go. Except that the choir is singing and she’s in the choir, so I have to go. But, at least there’s a free meal.

Way to see the silver lining. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Junie said:

Oh, I just looked it up and it looks like something I might like.  (I was sold when I saw Vanessa Redgrave is in it.)

So don't tell me how it ends, either.  I might watch it tonight after everyone goes to bed.

Nevermind: Just saw that it isn't one of youtube's free movies, so it will have to wait for another day. 😞

It's on Netflix.

I took Gymnast to an outdoor birthday party. And took a nap after. Then played a game on my phone. We all went to the AFSA to get sweatpants for everyone because it's getting chilly. I also got some small baskets so we can separate everyone's snacks because dh eats all his then dips into everyone else's stash.

I still have dreams of organizing everything in my garage office. I'm hoping to get it done by the end of the weekend. Without working too hard on Sunday...

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Junie said:

I don't have Netflix.

We have Disney+ because my sister gifted it to us.

I pay for more than one screen. Want to use one to watch the movie? The only other person on is Dancer and she hasn't used it in a while.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Renai said:

I pay for more than one screen. Want to use one to watch the movie? The only other person on is Dancer and she hasn't used it in a while.

Thanks for the offer, but it's fine.  I mean, I had never heard of the movie before today.  And even with the spoiler warnings, I have a pretty good idea of how it's going to end. 😉

I've been watching a ton of stuff on Disney.  My kids get mildly irritated with me though because they have to keep changing the language back to English when they want to watch something.  I've been watching a bunch of stuff in Spanish and some in French.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Junie said:

Thanks for the offer, but it's fine.  I mean, I had never heard of the movie before today.  And even with the spoiler warnings, I have a pretty good idea of how it's going to end. 😉

I've been watching a ton of stuff on Disney.  My kids get mildly irritated with me though because they have to keep changing the language back to English when they want to watch something.  I've been watching a bunch of stuff in Spanish and some in French.

We also love Disney! Everything is in Spanish on there. We also watch a bunch on Netflix (mostly in Spanish), especially sappy Chinese dramas., and sometimes a Japanese show. Boss Baby sounds really good in Chinese! And periodically things in other languages (mostly cartoons we're already familiar with) - like German or French.

• Like 3

I tend to be regional when I watch movies/shows in other languages.  For instance, I won't watch Coco in French -- it doesn't make sense culturally to do so.  Likewise, I watched Beauty and the Beast in French because it's set in France.

My understanding of Spanish is pretty good, especially if it's a movie I've seen before.  My French is still really, really spotty.

• Like 2

Just now, Junie said:

I tend to be regional when I watch movies/shows in other languages.  For instance, I won't watch Coco in French -- it doesn't make sense culturally to do so.  Likewise, I watched Beauty and the Beast in French because it's set in France.

My understanding of Spanish is pretty good, especially if it's a movie I've seen before.  My French is still really, really spotty.

We understand about 1% in French because of the occasional French/Spanish cognate we pick up. It's just fun to listen to. We understand about 0.01% in German. 😅  There are some cognates. Eventually, she wants to start learning German again.

It doesn't make sense to watch Coco in English either. We have, once. Some things just don't translate right, culturally or otherwise, like certain expressions.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Junie said:

It ends with Juliet getting ticked off that someone keeps writing her letters that she can't read so she eats him.  😉 

Oops.  Spoiler Alert! 

Edited by Jean in Newcastle
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!~D

Sunday!!!

Church!!

Sportsball!  I wonder if Derek Carr is playing today. I need to check!

Yes, he is playing. 1:00. I will be there!! Woohoo!,

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Junie said:

Good Morning!

Happy Sunday!

I got Second Sleep.  I want Third Sleep.

Zooming to the iglesia and then facebook church later.

Good grief, you just gave me the idea to look up a livestreaming Chinese church service. 🤦‍♀️

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Morning.  Happy Sunday.  Another boring day of work.

Dh did all the laundry except some of mine that he didn't know how to run, cleaned up the house, cooked dinner, cooked breakfast, made my tea.  He was feeling all productive.

He goes tomorrow to get his booster and his truck is still at the shop so tomorrow will be a crazy pick up and drop off day.

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, Renai said:

Good grief, you just gave me the idea to look up a livestreaming Chinese church service. 🤦‍♀️

Points for quoting myself. If you open Google translate and click the microphone, you get real-time translation. I just picked up the Chinese phrase for "Witness only the glory of God and preach the gospel of the kingdom of heaven."

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

Morning. Balloon festival today, bright and early. That was fun. But now I'm tired and surrounded by cats who think naps need to be taken on a human being, and the only qualified human is me. So my arms are weighed down by sleeping cats and I really need to be reading through this week's revision work instead of being cat furniture.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Good Evening!

It's been a busy day.  Ds16, dd18, and I went to early service but as soon as we sat down, I got an email telling me that the Two Youngest would be ready for pickup at 8:30, so I left service to pick them up, brought them home, and then went back to church to pick up the other kids.  The girls had a great weekend at Scout camp!  They ran into a bunch of their buddies from summer camp.

This afternoon I took a nap, then went to Home Depot to buy some gardening stuff for the perennials that came in the mail.  A friend is coming Tuesday to help me figure out what to do with them all.  I also splurged on some yellow mums. I love bright yellow mums!

While I was at the store, a friend from church dropped off a couple bags of clothes for  the girls - they were given to her by a neighbor and there are a lot of really beautiful things in all the different sizes we need.  🙂

No more coffee tonight but I should probably drink more 

Water!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

I need you all to remind me to do bathroom pushups.

You realize this needs way more explanation right?

Or maybe not.  Maybe it's exactly what it sounds like.

I would do bed pushups.  But I can't do pushups due to bad wrist.  Okay, I kind of can using handles but it's hard.

My bathroom isn't big enough to do a push up.

• Like 4

Happy Monday.   Today is going to be a looooonnnnngggg day.  I have to go in early because dh's truck is still at the shop since his brakes failed the other day.   He needs the car to get his booster shot and bring the kids for their classes.

Dh was talking about a new truck the other day.  His is 19 years old, 260,000 miles and the brakes keep failing.  Now he's saying he'd rather wait a couple years when a bunch of stuff is fully paid off.  He thinks putting the money into it to completely replace the entire brake system would make it safe and it would still be less than buying a new one.  Which he has a point, but my point is we need to be as sure as possible that it will be safe.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Wheres Toto said:

You realize this needs way more explanation right?

Or maybe not.  Maybe it's exactly what it sounds like.

I would do bed pushups.  But I can't do pushups due to bad wrist.  Okay, I kind of can using handles but it's hard.

My bathroom isn't big enough to do a push up.

I hold on to the side of the tub and do modified pushups - I am not super tall, so I just fit between the tub and the bathroom counter.  Then I turn around and sit on the edge of the tub and do tricep dips.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Good morning!  It's The Queen's favorite day!

I was looking at used cars in our area last night.  Our van is getting very close to 200K miles.  A guy on the radio was saying that this is a terrible time to buy any car - the shortage of new vehicles makes everything more expensive.

I woke up at 3am and finally dozed off again but then my alarm went off.  So sleepy.  I have a lot of stuff to do this morning.  This afternoon and evening we have music lessons, children's choir, and Scouts.   

Coffee!

• Like 5

57 minutes ago, Slache said:

Paint question. I have acrylics and brushes and canvases but getting oils for John's birthday. Do I need anything other than the paint? Like special oil brushes?

There are brushes that are better for oils for sure, but the biggest thing is that you never use your watercolor or acrylic brushes for oil. Makes sure that like water and oil, they never meet.

That's about all I know about oils other than that they are pretty stinky, you need special brush cleaner, and that oils take forever to dry.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1