Menu

Ignore this thread!

I’m home from not-Awana. It was a crazy night. The boys were so squirrelly. The sky is smoky and it was 100:degrees today.

That’s all I got.

But I did get a Booya/h. So all is not lost.

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

Is it jalapeño jelly? My aunt makes red pepper jelly that is to die for. I eat it on wheat thins with cream cheese.

Yes. It was store bought and the only option. I have a Christmas jelly recipe that I use red and green in. And apple cider. I wanted to make it last year but I was a mess. Maybe this year.

• Like 2

Morning. Happy Thursday.  

Wish me luck, I need to run to the AFSA first thing this morning.  I need notebooks for class.  I provide composition notebooks as lab notebook for my more academic classes and I ran out and have some new students joining in today.  

Things seem to be settling into a routine.  The other teachers did fine with me not being there in the mornings.  I liked having time at home with the kids (although I think I need to make dd sit down with me to do math instead of trying on her own).  

• Like 6

Hello, I didn't get on for my usual Morning post today.   Thursdays are my long days.  I teach 4 classes in a row.   Today had the addition of a mask issue (why am I still having to deal with this s***?  Our policy is made very clear, there are mandates), dh's brakes failed again right as he was leaving from dropping ds off for his classes, so he parked his car and took mine.  Dog had a vet appointment, now dh is at PT, he'll come home and take dd to TKD.   And it's torrential raining with flash flood warnings.  What a fun Thursday. 

When dh dropped off ds, he had done a really BAD parking job.  Quickly pulled into the spots I have right in front of the science center, kind of straddling the line between the two spaces.   So then he ends up leaving his car there, badly parked when the brake problem came up.  When he picked ds and I up at the end of the day, he said he was going to move it to a new spot since there were many available at that time of day.  I told him to "be careful", and he made some wise-crack about having to drive it to the garage tomorrow but not being able to manage reparking it in a flat parking lot today.  I told him, we could just have it towed if we needed to tomorrow (to the garage).  So he goes to park.  Then pulls out.  Then backs in, with a couple back and forths to straighten up.   Then gets in the car and says, "good call, we're having it towed".  🤨  I really didn't want to be prescient in this case.   

This is the second time the brakes went in a couple months, probably the third or fourth time in the past year.  The car is a Suburban with something like 260,000 miles on it (a 2003).  Dh has been insisting he wants to get it to 300,000 miles.  But today he started looking at newer Suburbans.  He drives the Garden State Parkway down to his moms every other weekend.   Could be a real disaster if he needs to hit his brakes going 80 miles per hour and they don't work.

• Sad 3

So our power went out but our generator is working well for lights, internet, fridge, and microwave. We don't have water but that's it.  Estimate is 9pm but that came through way too quick and I doubt they have even assessed the problem at that point.   Local chat says a transformer blew and at least one tree is down.

• Like 4

So. My health hit a major plateau last spring and we tried to get me back on Whole30 last summer but I was too nauseated to follow through. Now I'm on day 3, little nausea and feeling really good. Also, I'm adding lycopene to my regime.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

I’m home. We had dinner at my mom’s house.

Toto, I’m sorry about the brakes and the rain and the power outages. 

Renai, you can celebrate all Booya/s here. Even ones earned on other threads.

Slashie, I hope you feel better soon. I never have a problem of someone emptying a dirty dishwasher. Nobody here empties it when it’s clean.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Morning. It's Friday!!!! 

This week was easier than last week but I definitely think I'm still getting into the new routine.  Next week should be even better.  

My new storage space is upstairs from my classrooms and, of course, I'm constantly having to run up and down to grab things.   I'm hoping the exercise will help my weight or at least my butt. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Good morning!

Lots going on today.  I think I need to open a google account and a paypal account.  But not today.  Have to bring dd18 to work, Pup to groomer, pick up pup meds at vet, take dd15 grocery shopping for the Scout weekend, pick up dd18 from work, bring two youngest to meet-up place for Scout weekend.

I feel bad that I never specifically asked ds16 if he wanted to go on the Scout weekend.  The girls have been talking about it for a month and he never expressed interest in it, but he might not have realized that his troop was going, and he's only been to a meeting in the past couple weeks, and I only got a last-minute email about it a couple days ago.  Oh well.  

Coffee!

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Good morning!

Lots going on today.  I think I need to open a google account and a paypal account.  But not today.  Have to bring dd18 to work, Pup to groomer, pick up pup meds at vet, take dd15 grocery shopping for the Scout weekend, pick up dd18 from work, bring two youngest to meet-up place for Scout weekend.

I feel bad that I never specifically asked ds16 if he wanted to go on the Scout weekend.  The girls have been talking about it for a month and he never expressed interest in it, but he might not have realized that his troop was going, and he's only been to a meeting in the past couple weeks, and I only got a last-minute email about it a couple days ago.  Oh well.  

Coffee!

If you just want to send money to humans (like your kids) do venmo instead of Paypal.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Renai said:

Why?

I hate paypal. I have $15 in paypal and I can't figure for the life of me how to get out. I can covert it to crypto, but the option to transfer it to my bank is no longer there. Paypal takes forever and has lost my money twice. Both times they told me it wasn't covered because I have the free version. The website is ridiculously complicated and always changing. My name on Paypal is Kershwana (because reasons?) and they won't let me change it unless I provide proof of my name being legally changed, which of course I don't have, and customer service has refused to help me.

• Sad 2

12 minutes ago, Slache said:

I hate paypal. I have $15 in paypal and I can't figure for the life of me how to get out. I can covert it to crypto, but the option to transfer it to my bank is no longer there. Paypal takes forever and has lost my money twice. Both times they told me it wasn't covered because I have the free version. The website is ridiculously complicated and always changing. My name on Paypal is Kershwana (because reasons?) and they won't let me change it unless I provide proof of my name being legally changed, which of course I don't have, and customer service has refused to help me.

That is strange. I've had paypal for over 10 years and not had an issue with my money (I've had a paypal long before it was officially connected with ebay). Free version vs what? There is no paid version. I've always had a personal account (free), and just last year got a separate business account (also free). The only time something is charged is if someone pays for a service or product. But many  people just send it "friends and family" and get around fees.

Link a bank account, transfer your money out, and close it out. But just so you know, Paypal is linked to Venmo now. Maybe you can move your money there.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Renai said:

That is strange. I've had paypal for over 10 years and not had an issue with my money (I've had a paypal long before it was officially connected with ebay). Free version vs what? There is no paid version. I've always had a personal account (free), and just last year got a separate business account (also free). The only time something is charged is if someone pays for a service or product. But many  people just send it "friends and family" and get around fees.

Link a bank account, transfer your money out, and close it out. But just so you know, Paypal is linked to Venmo now. Maybe you can move your money there.

My bank account is linked, the problem is I can't figure out how to get the $15 into my bank. The website has changed again in the last few months and I can't figure it out.

• Like 1

I think the problem is that I use friends and family instead of business transaction. I've had hive members insist on business transaction for the exact same reason, but I normally only send money to SIL and my Dad.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Slache said:

My bank account is linked, the problem is I can't figure out how to get the $15 into my bank. The website has changed again in the last few months and I can't figure it out.

Where it shows your Paypal balance, right under it says, "Transfer Money." Click that and it gives you the option to transfer to bank or receive a check. I can send you a screenshot in dm from the computer. I'd have to get on my phone to see what it looks like from there and send a screenshot via text if you need.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Renai said:

Where it shows your Paypal balance, right under it says, "Transfer Money." Click that and it gives you the option to transfer to bank or receive a check. I can send you a screenshot in dm from the computer. I'd have to get on my phone to see what it looks like from there and send a screenshot via text if you need.

It doesn't say that I have a PayPal balance. It shows where someone transferred me $15, but my balance isn't there.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Slache said:

It doesn't say that I have a PayPal balance. It shows where someone transferred me $15, but my balance isn't there.

Let's take this to dm. Dancer is having issues with them too, but money being taken out and she can't figure out how to stop it.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Slache said:

Are you sure that this isn't a scam/ phishing attempt?  I just used Paypal last night to transfer money - for free. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Are you sure that this isn't a scam/ phishing attempt?  I just used Paypal last night to transfer money - for free. 

Yes. I've had this PayPal for like 15 years. 

• Sad 1

That's odd.  I have a personal Paypal and a business Paypal and I use them both pretty extensively (personal for tutoring payments or selling things, business for everything business related) and have never had a problem like that.     

Are you sure it wasn't hacked?    or maybe you have to update the software? 

As Renai said, there should just be a button that allows you to transfer.  The only change I've seen recently is they give you the option for immediate transfer or the usual 1-3 days.  There is a slight fee for the immediate transfer.  

I've resisted Venmo so far.  I have Paypal and Square to take business payments and I feel like that is enough to keep track of.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Wheres Toto said:

That's odd.  I have a personal Paypal and a business Paypal and I use them both pretty extensively (personal for tutoring payments or selling things, business for everything business related) and have never had a problem like that.     

Are you sure it wasn't hacked?    or maybe you have to update the software? 

As Renai said, there should just be a button that allows you to transfer.  The only change I've seen recently is they give you the option for immediate transfer or the usual 1-3 days.  There is a slight fee for the immediate transfer.  

I've resisted Venmo so far.  I have Paypal and Square to take business payments and I feel like that is enough to keep track of.

Oh, yeah, I meant to ask if it had been hacked, especially with the weird name on there. But, I saw a screenshot and it does look like disappearing money. My daughter is also having an issue with White Pages(?) taking out money, and she says she never signed up for anything, and can't stop it from happening.

• Sad 2

I once mistyped my card number and PayPal locked my account and demanded my checking account information if I wanted to get back in. Nope nope nope.

Cashapp I like well enough, except it won't let me send money to the person I most want to send money to (insists on refunding me because it might be a scam). No....

I never tried Venmo. I do feel concerned about using financial stuff on my phone.

BFF and her DH's shared email was hacked yesterday(?), and from there their bank account accessed. 😕 I don't think that's possible with my bank, but yikes.

• Sad 3

Morning.  Happy Saturday.   

I slept in today.  It's becoming a weekend tradition.  Not too late, just until 9:30 or so compared to my usual 6am.

Dd and I didn't get to work out at all last week (she's working 20 days in a row without a day off) but I did some Tai Chi and yoga a couple days.  I need to remember to do that every day.  It's a much better start and keeps my back from hurting.   I can't do it too well at home because the dog wants to "help" so I need to figure that out.    I can go to the science center every morning for a little while before things start. 

Today is my usual Saturday (I am sooooo boring).   Laundry, class plans, homeschool plans.   Tonight I have a 4-H meeting but I'm hosting at the science center so not far for me.  

• Like 6

I had plans to do housework today. Then I stopped at The Big Red Bus and gave blood on the way home from the post office. Now I feel like being lazy.  I never feel like doing anything after giving blood.  Why did I think today would be any different?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2