Menu

Ignore this thread!

Oh my word.  I thought that I had thwarted a bunny breakout earlier but I came out of my Epsom salt bath to find bunny tourists.  I have given up for now and set up their living room litter box for roaming freedom.

Poor Juliet has had her herding skills put to the test as while I was setting up for the bunnies, Neko got outside.  Juliet immediately went and got him when I told her to. 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

Good morning! (It's still morning somewhere!)

I ordered the refrigerator magnet mentioned in Prayer in the Night that says "Everything will be OK in the end.  If it's not OK, it's not the end".  Hope springs eternal.

Our new chair (ordered last spring) is supposed to be scheduled for delivery today.  I have no expectation that it will happen, as they have for some reason removed my phone number from the account and only have dh's phone number.  I asked them to change it, but I have ceased to expect much in terms of customer service from Modsy.  The last time the chair failed to be scheduled for delivery over a month ago, they solved it by ordering a new chair.  

I need to make a phone call but don't wanna.

Coffee!

• Like 4

I have a locked bunny mystery.  I spent time last night making their cage and fence "escape proof".  Hah!  I just looked over and there was a bunny munching on the dog food!  (And no, it's not good for her but I mix pumpkin in with the dog food and I think that makes it irresistible to Aria.)  Anyway, I just checked and the gate was closed, the fence looked secure. . .   how did they get out??? 

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

Hello, Just checking in before collapsing into bed.   Long day as usual, taught my two classes, had a 4-H info meeting for the new year that wasn't as crazy as I was worried about so that's good.  Based on emails we expected a ton of people but only had about a dozen kids there.  Combined with the people who said they couldn't make the meeting, we should have manageable numbers. 

Tomorrow is my super long day.  I teach 4 classes and also have a 4-H Board meeting tomorrow night.    

Friday 1 class that starts later (11:30am) and I'm the only one that teaches so I don't need to go in early to support my other teachers.  After I collapse.   For a little while.  But have to plan more classes AND set up school for my kids over the weekend. 

Dh won't be home this weekend so we will be eating take out every night.

• Like 5

Good morning!

It's another Thursday.  College, tutorial, and a meeting with my health coach.  And I need to stop at the bank.     

Dd18 went to the park last night with her college buddies and learned swing dancing.  They also did the Virginia Reel to Uptown Funk, lol.  It started to drizzle and she got wet and muddy but apparently they all had a blast.

I should Pantz.

Coffee!

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 5

I’m here!! Finally. It’s been a busy week. Tuesday I went with my mom to the lawyer for some business with the trust. I’m learning a lot about this whole estate planning stuff. We had not-Awana last night and it went well. Tonight I’m going to a bridal shower.  Air quality has been horrible. We had a very small lightning storm that went through last week and started fires in the mountains. Our sweet little camp that we go to all the time is in danger of fire. It’s 9 miles away, which is not super close, but if there are the right conditions, things could get bad.

• Sad 4

3 hours ago, KrissiK said:

I’m learning a lot about this whole estate planning stuff.

I'm about to learn a whole lot about it - I have a meeting with an estate attorney next week.

I made my phone call and as usual it was much less traumatic than I expected.  The person was very reassuring that I was correct in what I thought needed to be done even though I felt like I had no idea what I was doing, and he made it very easy to submit documents and that was it. 

I found myself sort of hugging an old Taco Bell receipt that I found in the van - I remember that meal.

The neighbor boy came over twice this afternoon with his new clarinet.  He's very excited about it, lol.  Now they are playing On Top of Spaghetti on ukuleles.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Good morning!

I finally figured out why my hand is hurting - I've been knitting dishcloths for dd23 while listening to my audiobook.  I'm 3/4 done with the last one, so hopefully I can finish up today and give my hand a rest.

It should be a quieter day around here - dd18 has work, but other than that we just have regular lessons and dd12 is planning to make banana muffins.

Coffee!

• Like 5

Morning, It's Friday!!!!!  One class today and my first week is done.   

My teachers all seemed to feel good about their week.  Even the ones who struggled a little bit, we talked and one feels much better about things when we came up with a solution together (a little bit more work for me but oh well), and the other has some good ideas going forward.   Next week I'm not going in early every day like I did this week so it will be easier for me.

This weekend I set up school for the kids, do some class planning, figure out how to print paychecks, and keep on moving on.  Oh, and get organized since I was basically flying by the seat of my pants this week trying out some ideas and they didn't really work that well and I felt like I was unorganized all week.  Even forgot to bring the homework for my math class.  So I need to finalize whatever method I'm going to use going forward.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Good morning!

I had some leg cramps last night and couldn't find a drop of pickle juice! 😭  

Squeeeee! This afternoon we leave for The-City-That-Must-Not-Be-Named to visit dd23.  Dd18 has to work until 1, but we can leave right after that.  Some neighbor friends are taking care of Sir Pups-a-lot (dd23's roommate is severely allergic to everything so he can't come with us).  

Lots to do this morning!

Coffee!

• Like 3

Today's plan:

Fix my planner (new rings)

Change the syllabus for my Bio class so I can give it to parents next week

Figure out how to print paychecks so I don't have to handwrite them (I have printable checks)

Plan classes for next week

Print out some general stuff like room assignments, wifi password, etc

Plan school for the kids

Map out a new walk for Monday and Tuesday since our usual path is closed for maintenance

Maybe do some laundry (probably not a maybe)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Mom requested to come over and sit down and talk.  <<sigh>>> never a good thing.  We figure she's going to say she wants to get an apartment to have some time/space by herself for a little while.   She will still want to give us the money for the addition but dh doesn't want to take the money if she's not going to be moving in to the addition.   

I need to find a way to suggest mom may benefit from talking to a therapist. 

• Like 4