Menu

Ignore this thread!

1 hour ago, Slache said:

My left eyeball hurts.

1 hour ago, ikslo said:

Punch yourself in the right eye. Maybe you'll forget about the pain in the left.  

The memorial gardens guy I met with today warned me that if he was looking a bit off and his eye started drooping, it wasn't because he was drunk or having a stroke, he was on day 3 of Very Bad Migraine.  Poor guy.  He was super nice and helpful despite it.  He said he will go hide under a big blanket for a few hours tonight and hopefully that would take care of it.  But next time I will suggest that he let me punch him in the other eye and see if that helps!

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

One of the bunnies either had a stroke or hurt his leg.  He wasn't moving this morning, but we got him some food and water and he ate and drank and eventually moved himself to a different level of the bunny cage.  He's just laying down now.  Poor little guy.  Ds26 said he would take him to the vet in the morning.

• Sad 6

Morning.  I did in fact sleep in a little bit today.  But only until 9am.  I didn't want to sleep too long because then I wouldn't sleep tonight.   I got the kids up at 10am because they've both been napping and sleeping in too much and their entire sleep schedules are out of wack.  We need to get them back on track.   That was supposed to be this week's goal but power outages, etc. just made everything worse.

We are going to take another 2 mile walk but we'll do it after lunch.  It's supposed to stay fairly moderate today, highs in low 70's, so going in the middle of the afternoon shouldn't be a problem.  

I need to work on setting up school, work on my classes and do some laundry.  Next week we have plans for a zoo trip Tuesday and dentist appointments Thursday so once again, everything is going to be out of whack.  Then the following week my classes start and I'll be gone all day every day.   Which is why I wanted to get us on a good schedule before that.  After the first week of classes, I'll be home in the mornings, except Thursdays, for 6 weeks before I have another week of being gone all day.  

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Wheres Toto said:

Morning.  I did in fact sleep in a little bit today.  But only until 9am.  I didn't want to sleep too long because then I wouldn't sleep tonight.   I got the kids up at 10am because they've both been napping and sleeping in too much and their entire sleep schedules are out of wack.  We need to get them back on track.   That was supposed to be this week's goal but power outages, etc. just made everything worse.

We are going to take another 2 mile walk but we'll do it after lunch.  It's supposed to stay fairly moderate today, highs in low 70's, so going in the middle of the afternoon shouldn't be a problem.  

I need to work on setting up school, work on my classes and do some laundry.  Next week we have plans for a zoo trip Tuesday and dentist appointments Thursday so once again, everything is going to be out of whack.  Then the following week my classes start and I'll be gone all day every day.   Which is why I wanted to get us on a good schedule before that.  After the first week of classes, I'll be home in the mornings, except Thursdays, for 6 weeks before I have another week of being gone all day.  

Goodness, our sleep cycles are a mess now. I keep trying to get back on track, and still Gymnast isn't getting to sleep until after 11, and myself after 12. Ugh.

I've had a couple of semester classes start this week, and next week start my weekly drop-in classes. One of the classes only have one student signed up, so I sent a message that if no more learners sign up within the next 3-4 weeks, I'll need to cancel the class or try a different time. It's one of my former students, and they can only do after school times, so I'm hoping more sign up for her sake. Although, I am very tired of teaching right now...

• Like 4

Good morning!

We are all sleeping late around here, though late for us is 7:30/8:00.  I slept until 5:30, so not too bad.  The bunny is eating and drinking this morning, poops seem normal - we couldn't get in to the vet until tomorrow morning.

I brought dd18 to work, took pup on his morning constitutional, and did a couple small tasks.  The kids are working on lessons and I have one big task to do today that I am a little nervous about but it must be done, so deep breath.  I have some fortifying chocolate on hand.  We are planning to take the pup to the dog park this afternoon.  

Coffee!

• Like 8

How is it September already?  And how did it only take DS barely a month in public school to see how important it is to write out his work in math?  I've only been telling him that for half a decade. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Renai said:

Another blog post is ready! I didn't realize a month had already passed. I had planned to write about this 4 weeks ago and wanted to have it done by 3 weeks ago...https://creativeplaybilingual.blogspot.com/2021/09/mandarin-morning-integrating-language.html

It is Gymnast-approved.

Nice!  I don't usually read blogs; I find most too busy.  Your page is nice and clean, and I loved the post.  Go, Renai!

• Like 5

6 hours ago, ikslo said:

How is it September already?  And how did it only take DS barely a month in public school to see how important it is to write out his work in math?  I've only been telling him that for half a decade. 

You just prepped him so well that he was ripe to do it.  Kinda like someone who can't open a jar and the next person they ask for help pops the lid right off - because the first person loosened it.  😎

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

5 hours ago, ikslo said:

Nice!  I don't usually read blogs; I find most too busy.  Your page is nice and clean, and I loved the post.  Go, Renai!

3 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Very nice, Renai 

Thanks! 😁 

• Like 2

Sir Pups-a-lot was whining for his squeaky ball (which dd12 had thrown to him and then put up on the shelf) so I finally threw it outside in hopes that he'd give up on it.  He can't have it without supervision because he will tear it apart and swallow the pieces.  Go to sleep, puppy!

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Sir Pups-a-lot was whining for his squeaky ball (which dd12 had thrown to him and then put up on the shelf) so I finally threw it outside in hopes that he'd give up on it.  He can't have it without supervision because he will tear it apart and swallow the pieces.  Go to sleep, puppy!

Every time I see his name, I see Sir Poops-a-lot...

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Renai said:

We had Subway.

52 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Someone from church brought us shepherd's pie, bread with butter and homemade jam, watermelon, salad, and treats for dessert.   So yummy!

We had burgers and fries. It was not healthy, but good.

Susan’s dinner sounds yummy!!

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!~D

Saturday!

Busy day today!! We’re having lunch with 2 families that we went through adoption training with 18 years ago. We have kept in touch more or less all that time and we still consider them dear friends.

Then, late afternoon evening we have a wedding for my cousin’s daughter, so that will be fun.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Good morning!

My parents left a few minutes ago.  We are sad to see them leave, but they've been here for a month and I know it has been hard on them and they need to get back to some regular life.  I am working hard to not let anxiety take over.  Dd18 is at work and ds26 and dd15 have taken the bunny to the vet.  I need to do a few things today - find a place for the Big Fan and extension cords, get the bike put away, and take the two youngest to a couple stores.

Coffee!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Junie said:

Good Morning!

Happy Saturday!

Wondering if I'll get anything done today.  At this rate, probably not much. 😉

Getting things done is strictly over-rated. Unless you are counting laying on the couch and watching the latest episode of Chesapeake Shores as getting something done.🤣

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Morning, Happy Saturday!  (It's morning here for another 23 minutes).  

I stayed up way too late watching shows so slept in until almost 10am today.   I just finished my tea and breakfast and soon I'm going to go for a walk (2 miles) and then to the science center to do a little bit of work.     I need to bring home some taquitos for ds that we brought their the other day when we had no power.   

Dh is staying at his mom's house one more day.  He was going to come home today since we have stuff to get done at the science center that he needs to do (install cameras, put up pictures) but she had a rough day yesterday so he wants to stick around a little bit longer.  We will still have Sunday and Monday since Monday is a holiday.  

• Like 6