Menu

Ignore this thread!

Dh isn't helping.  I just said I needed to get up and do some work and he told me "Why? Don't you deserve a couple days of rest?".   Sure, but I have a teacher orientation Monday and need to get at least some things ready for that.    I will be going to clean, along with dd, tomorrow but I should probably at least do some paperwork today.

ETA:  Looks like a booya.  Let's see if this one stays. 

Edited by Wheres Toto
  • Like 4

So, for the sake of accountability (once I make it public, I have to do it):

-update my class rosters with newest registrations

-send confirmations to newest registrations

-update class list with some changes we are making to a couple classes

-put together "employee handbook" (really just a one or two page thing) for employee orientation Monday

-Figure out how to print checks and send my rent (I want to print my payroll checks since I'll have more employees)

-place an amazon order for a few classroom necessities

-print labels for all the drawers/cabinets with our supplies

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

👋 Hi. Happy Saturday.

I did some of the things. More later today and tomorrow. Distanced coffee on my screened porch with friends tomorrow. Eighth grade starts Monday.

What I really need is an appointment for somebody to come and inspect my housework and give me Looks about once a week if I haven't put the effort in.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

My hip is worse this morning. But I am pretty sure that I have figured out the true source of the problem:  my ankle. This isn’t as weird as it may sound because “

Toe bone connected to the foot bone
Foot bone connected to the heel bone
Heel bone connected to the ankle bone
Ankle bone connected to the shin bone
Shin bone connected to the knee bone
Knee bone connected to the thigh bone
Thigh bone connected to the hip bone
Hip bone connected to the back bone
Back bone connected to the shoulder bone
Shoulder bone connected to the neck bone
Neck bone connected to the head bone
Now hear the word of the Lord.”

MMMOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!  Jeannie's giving out earworms!!

4 hours ago, Renai said:

@Susan in TN how are you and the kids doing?

We are OK overall.  ❤️  I'm having occasional bouts of anxiety but they are generally short lived.  Sometimes I have this weird feeling that I'm moving in slow motion.  But I'm getting a bit of sleep and a nap sometimes. And I'm able to eat, which is good.  The kids are doing OK and dealing with things in various ways.  I am thinking "things" might start coming out at random times in the coming months - we have talked about the unexpected ways that trauma and grief sometimes present themselves.  Or not.  Ds26 has been showing extra care to The Youngers, which has been really sweet.  I expect that my parents may stay another week or two.  They have been so helpful and a great support, but I know this has been hard on them and they probably need to get back to some normal before too long. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

Waiting for the live stream wedding to start.  The live part of the wedding is a very ritzy place apparently according to my husband (who isn't there - he just knows Canada better than I do).  Being the poor relatives, we are just very happy that we didn't have to get dressed up.  (Just for the record we are wearing pantz!  Target pajama pantz in my case, but still pantz.) 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

I realized the extension cord I picked up the other day in the storage room, I left in the storage room. 🤦🏾‍♀️ 

I turned on praise music and got a goidnstart on the garage by vacuuming. There was a lot of sawdust. I did figure that I can cover the cement with the leftover carpeting from when they recarpeted the other day. 

Then Gymnast reminded me we were supposed to write stories together yesterday but didn't get to it. So, that's what we're doing now.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Wheres Toto said:

So, for the sake of accountability (once I make it public, I have to do it):

-update my class rosters with newest registrations

-send confirmations to newest registrations

-update class list with some changes we are making to a couple classes

-put together "employee handbook" (really just a one or two page thing) for employee orientation Monday

-Figure out how to print checks and send my rent (I want to print my payroll checks since I'll have more employees)

-place an amazon order for a few classroom necessities

-print labels for all the drawers/cabinets with our supplies

Quoting myself to check what I got done.

I did everything except doing the employee handbook and figuring out how to print checks.  I'll write out my rent tomorrow and mail it Monday.   I also have to send some checks for gas bills. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I did not finish the garage office. I did, however, hook up my printer that I found in storage the other day (YAY!). I also finished most of the "story" I was writing. Gymnast had an exciting dragon adventure in pictures. I have a mostly counting book written in English, Spanish, Chinese, and German. Because I must be confused, or something.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

I want to go back to the storage rooms today after online church, find the extension cord, and try to get my desk. Gymnast wants/needs her desk as well, but I don't know how I'm going to get it. There are a lot of things we want to take to the dump, but dh isn't available to assist until next weekend. He's been working every weekend. We need to rent a Uhaul to get some of the large items.

Edited by Renai
  • Like 4

Stay warm Jean!

Hope you can get your desk Renai!  Nothing says organized like getting your desk in place!

Hope everyone is having a lovely Sunday.  Some of us went to early service and a couple of us went to 2nd service.  Some of us are doing school work now and some are procrastinating.  I feel like out of 5 kids, I only have 1 who never procrastinates.  Anyone else want to share their progeny procrastination statistics?  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Google is a nosy dork. Just popped up tornado warnings multiple times based on where the VPN thinks I'm logging on from (Pensacola) while I'm trying to finish preparing to launch the new year tomorrow. 🙄

I would like to go on record with them and say that if I do venture to Florida, I know enough to check the forecast (and refrain from petting the wildlife).

• Like 5

Hey everyone, we are back. Had a fantastic weekend. I love Hartland. It is so dry and dusty up there because of the drought, but it is still pretty and we had a good weekend. I even participated in the live auction for the first time in my life. I got what I bid on. I feel like a grown up now.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Why is this so difficult?!?  I started the application the official letter tells me to start.  But after filling out the first page, I am told in Big Red Letters that we are not eligible to fill out this application.  I need more cookies.

Government.

In the future you should not deal with Government and MIL in one day. Too much weight gain.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Slache said:

Government.

In the future you should not deal with Government and MIL in one day. Too much weight gain.

Wise words.

It turns out that the letter they sent me does not know what it's talking about.  I can't file the application online.  Why the letter tells me to do it, I have no idea.  

Oh, wait, yes I do.    
Government.

• Thanks 3

13 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

I bought red cooking wine instead of the kind Slachie's recipe calls for. Hope it works. I'll be making it later this week!

I really feel like wine is wine. It's old grape juice, what are we really hoping for? I'm sure that's ignorant, but I don't care. Your pie will be fabulous.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Another Lynn said:

Stay warm Jean!

Hope you can get your desk Renai!  Nothing says organized like getting your desk in place!

Hope everyone is having a lovely Sunday.  Some of us went to early service and a couple of us went to 2nd service.  Some of us are doing school work now and some are procrastinating.  I feel like out of 5 kids, I only have 1 who never procrastinates.  Anyone else want to share their progeny procrastination statistics?  

Well, I'm a procrastinator (obviously) since I'm just now getting around to this...

I feel like we have different levels of procrastination around here.

Of course, I'm the one who taught my kids the phrase, "Don't put off till tomorrow what you can put off till the day after tomorrow."

Edited by Junie
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

I got my classrooms mostly set up as they will be for classes.  I'll be swapping out a couple tables but they work as placeholders.

My lobby is full of stuff I pulled out of the classrooms so dd and I are going to work on cleaning that up tomorrow.   I have to go in early because the AC on dh's car STILL isn't working.  Evidently it has a really hard to find leak.   

Dh is heading to his moms on Wednesday this week to take her to an appointment on Thursday.  

Ds wants to get a job so one day this week we are going to our local mall (where oldest dd works) and he's going to check in with some places and see if they hire 16 year olds and ask how to apply if they do.    He's not the most social person but can probably pretend if running a register or doing stock work.  Our local grocery store hires at 16, so that might be the place for him to start. 

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, Slache said:

I really feel like wine is wine. It's old grape juice, what are we really hoping for? I'm sure that's ignorant, but I don't care. Your pie will be fabulous.

White wines go best with white meats and red wines go best with red meats, in general. Madeira and red cooking wine are both red, so...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Renai said:

White wines go best with white meats and red wines go best with red meats, in general. Madeira and red cooking wine are both red, so...

I do not like white wine in anything but risotto. I've been told to cook chicken in tequila but I haven't bothered yet.

• Like 2

I just learned about vintage vlogging (video blogging). I watched a morning routine vlog from a woman "living in the 50s". She also has workout routines, recipe videos and how to sew clothing from the era. Apparently this is a thing and you can watch vlogs from people in the 20s or whatever.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Slache said:

I do not like white wine in anything but risotto. I've been told to cook chicken in tequila but I haven't bothered yet.

I said in general. I like white sauces and other things with white wine.  You can do whatever you want. Servant was wondering if subbing Madeira with red wine was okay, so I answered that.

I use different types of wines in my cooking a lot. I can't wait to build my spice cabinet back up.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Slache said:

I just learned about vintage vlogging (video blogging). I watched a morning routine vlog from a woman "living in the 50s". She also has workout routines, recipe videos and how to sew clothing from the era. Apparently this is a thing and you can watch vlogs from people in the 20s or whatever.

Yep. I've watched a few.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Renai said:

I said in general. I like white sauces and other things with white wine.  You can do whatever you want. Servant was wondering if subbing Madeira with red wine was okay, so I answered that.

I use different types of wines in my cooking a lot. I can't wait to build my spice cabinet back up.

Fish in a white wine/butter/lemon sauce!  So yummy!  Haven't made that in many years.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1