Menu

Ignore this thread!

5 hours ago, Servant4Christ said:

Recipe? Isn't there some sort of ITT rule about this? 

Croissant Bread Pudding

6 croissants, ripped into pieces    
2C milk (I used 1-1/2C milk + 1/2C cream.  Because cream.)    
4 large eggs    
1/2C sugar    
1 tsp vanilla   
1/2 tsp cinnamon    
1/4 tsp nutmeg   
1/4 tsp salt   
1C berries (opt)    
1/4C sliced almonds (opt)    
Powdered sugar for dusting

Preheat oven to 350.  Butter 9x13 baking dish and/or use parchment.  Place half of croissant pieces in baking dish and sprinkle with berries.  Layer on the remaining croissant pieces.  In a large bowl, whisk together milk, eggs, vanilla, and spices.  Pour into baking dish and press down croissants into liquid.  Sprinkle nuts on the top and let sit for 15 minutes or (covered) over night.  Bake for 45-55 minutes or until center is set and puffed.  Let stand for 15 minutes and dust with powdered sugar.

I doubled this for 9 people and there were leftovers.  You can really do anything for berries - sauteed apples, raisins, craisins, chocolate, etc.  Super easy and yummy.

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, Slache said:

Our card just got declined at the gas station. This has been a regular issue since we switched to Wells Fargo and it's very annoying. It's only at gas stations.

Bad booyah!  There is one gas station in town that won't take our bank card.  It's happened to three of us.  So weird.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Croissant Bread Pudding

6 croissants, ripped into pieces    
2C milk (I used 1-1/2C milk + 1/2C cream.  Because cream.)    
4 large eggs    
1/2C sugar    
1 tsp vanilla   
1/2 tsp cinnamon    
1/4 tsp nutmeg   
1/4 tsp salt   
1C berries (opt)    
1/4C sliced almonds (opt)    
Powdered sugar for dusting

Preheat oven to 350.  Butter 9x13 baking dish and/or use parchment.  Place half of croissant pieces in baking dish and sprinkle with berries.  Layer on the remaining croissant pieces.  In a large bowl, whisk together milk, eggs, vanilla, and spices.  Pour into baking dish and press down croissants into liquid.  Sprinkle nuts on the top and let sit for 15 minutes or (covered) over night.  Bake for 45-55 minutes or until center is set and puffed.  Let stand for 15 minutes and dust with powdered sugar.

I doubled this for 9 people and there were leftovers.  You can really do anything for berries - sauteed apples, raisins, craisins, chocolate, etc.  Super easy and yummy.

Silly question, but what size croissants do you use? The large ones at a grocery store bakery or the small kind you make from a can?

• Like 1

I just popped back in because I had to see why Servie was laughing so hard. 

I managed to finish today's book way before bedtime so I can go to sleep at a decent hour tonight.  I just need to banish the goat, watch an episode or two of something, talk to dh on the phone and I can got to sleep. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Servant4Christ said:

I can't stop laughing! I'm trying to be quiet because Newbie is asleep in my arms, but I am literally shaking! 

Have you been? He's totally like "You don't use this limb, do you?" CRACK! I have a tilted pelvis and that screws up everything below my belly button, and it's a big area so there's a lot of manhandling and large cracks. He does this, but with his hands, and the same with one leg.

12 minutes ago, Wheres Toto said:

Okay, what the heck?  I had the booya.  I even went back in and double-checked.  Now I don't.  What is going on????

I noticed!

• Like 3

Remember how I said I wasn't going to do anything big today? Well, that went out the window. We were so sick for so long that the housework was neglected for like 3 months and I'm losing my mind. I did the adult book shelf, The Work cabinet, School cabinet, and the art supplies. Tomorrow I will do the kids bookshelf, and the next day I will do the games and the linen closet. Next week I'll do Monday Wednesday Friday.

Edited by Slache
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Morning,  Happy Friday!!!!!

Last day of camp.   I'm going to sleep in tomorrow, then head to the science center to clean after this week because I know I'm not going to do much at the end of the day today.  I have two weeks to get things cleaned and organized for classes to start.  I have a teacher orientation Monday and would like to have things basically set up for that, but if I don't it's not a huge deal.   Dd is coming to help me clean on Sunday.  

Besides cleaning, which is a biggie because the walls literally need to be wiped down, everything that can be moved, should be moved and scrubbed behind, all floors mopped or at least deep vacuumed, I need to work on plans for classes  and school.   I want at least the first 8 weeks completely finalized before we begin.   It shouldn't be a problem for the majority of classes. 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Slache said:

Remember how I said I wasn't going to do anything big today? Well, that went out the window. We were so sick for so long that the housework was neglected for like 3 months and I'm losing my mind. I did the adult book shelf, The Work cabinet, School cabinet, and the art supplies. Tomorrow I will do the kids bookshelf, and the next day I will do the games and the linen closet. Next week I'll do Monday Wednesday Friday.

Slache has an adult bookshelf.  😳

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

Good morning!

Hey Krissi, it's finally Friyay!

We used to have separate bookshelves for picture books, children's/young adult, encyclopedia/reference, adult fiction and adult nonfiction/theology.  But when I started asking the kids to put books away they'd just stick them anywhere willy_nilly  (due to their inability to properly categorize anything.  We prolly shoulda done that CLE lesson on casting 9s), so the shelves are not so organized any more.  

I have a meeting with the financial advisor who has been helping us with the 401K for the past couple years.  I'm not sure how deep into our finances he is prepared to go, but I will definitely need help and advice with things.  Life insurance, taxes, gofundme thing that my sister set up for us, etc.  It is daunting.  Ds26 is going to come to the meeting with me.  We are so grateful that dh's company has said they will pay for our first year's premiums for COBRA.

Sir Pups-a-lot has to go to the vet this afternoon for yearly shots.  The rest of the day, my sister and I will spend making some freezer meals.

Coffee!

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!~D

Friday!!! Thank goodness. I had a dream last night that I had scheduled a hair appointment for 9:00pm on Christmas Eve, but I needed to cancel and couldn’t remember the stylist or the salon. And I hadn’t gotten a Christmas present for DH and we went to church for the Christmas Eve Service and a friend of mine asked me if I had completed the thing I said I would do for her, which included watching a video about something and making arrangements with someone about something and I had no idea what she was talking about.  Clearly I am too busy.

School and work today. Late afternoon we head to the hills for the Fall Festival. I’m not even packed and have no laundry done.

• Like 7

Good Morning!

Happy Friday!

Migraine.  Ice pack on my face helped.

Allergies.  Heating pad on my face helped.

Science labs are mostly planned.  Truthfully, most of them are more like demonstrations than true labs, but it's what we can do.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

33 minutes ago, Critterfixer said:

Morning. It's still hot. It's possibly slightly less hot than yesterday. I did the clicking my heels things, but I'm didn't have pumpkin spice and I don't drink anything coffee, but I did have spice tea, so there. 

When's fall?

Not soon enough.

And it doesn't stick around long enough, either. 😞

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Slache said:

Have you been? He's totally like "You don't use this limb, do you?" CRACK! I have a tilted pelvis and that screws up everything below my belly button, and it's a big area so there's a lot of manhandling and large cracks. He does this, but with his hands, and the same with one leg.

I noticed!

I really couldn't stop laughing. I almost woke up Newbie. Don't wake the monster. He's normally such an easy baby compared to Middle, but I think he's teething. It's the only explanation that makes sense.

Edited by Servant4Christ
  • Like 2

I'm gonna make Slachie's steak and mushroom pie and Susan's croissant bread pudding. They both sound sooo yummy and the boys will think I'm a genius of culinary creativity. Just gotta wait for the weather to cool down a bit. I don't want to run the oven and heat the house hotter than the great outdoors unless I have to (like when someone gifted us a bushel of ripe peaches on a 90+ degree week)

Edited by Servant4Christ
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Junie said:

Good Morning!

Happy Friday!

Migraine.  Ice pack on my face helped.

Allergies.  Heating pad on my face helped.

Science labs are mostly planned.  Truthfully, most of them are more like demonstrations than true labs, but it's what we can do.

How...how did you manage cold and heat on your face? Like, how big is your face...?

• Haha 4

I'm Done!!!  I'm so tired.  I'm sleeping in tomorrow morning.

Dinner is leftover pineapple and ham pizza, maybe an onion bagel with veggie cream cheese or some water crackers with Kerry Gold Irish Cheddar cheese, AND WINE.  Dh bought me a bottle of Pouilly-Fuissé before he left for his moms.  I usually ask for beer but we had some when we went to dinner and I remembered I liked it.  I'll probably have one glass tonight, one glass tomorrow, then dh will finish off the bottle at some point in the next week.   I never drink much.  It keeps me awake so not that good for relaxation.

• Like 4

Tonight is pizza and Prince Caspian.

12 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

We had a fly-plosion.  I have been murdering flies like crazy.  Or sucking them up in the vacuum cleaner and then releasing them outside near the neighbor's house. 

I'll send the kids.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The meeting with the financial guy this morning was good.  We didn't make any big decisions, but he gave me a lot of info on how things are handled and how to do some  other things and essentially said that financially, we are going to be fine.  He is certified in tax prep and other things and said he'd be happy to do our taxes and work on the FAFSA with us whenever we need it.  We are meeting again in a couple weeks.

I just did a virtual reality thing for the first time.  Coral reef migration.  It was super cool.  Ds26 has been working for the past several months setting it all up and getting programs for it. Super neat.

• Like 8

Good morning!

Some of us are having brunch at Cracker Barrel this morning.  The person who initiated the brunch was a bit inebriated when they set it up with my sister, so they may or may not be there, lol.  Either way - it's Cracker Barrel!

Other than that I just have a couple freezer meals to deal with and then I think I'm done with freezer meals for the time being.  

Coffee!

• Like 7

Good Morning!

Happy Saturday!

I might not do anything today.

I took 3 naps yesterday (and of course didn't sleep well last night even though I was exhausted).  I woke up this morning after Second Sleep and my first thought was: My whole body hurts.  😞

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

We're getting the flies too.  And gnats, but they are possibly fruit fries.   Especially at the science center.   At home we would usually bug bomb if it got really bad but we can't at the science center because we have a fish tank, and hissing cockroaches, and an aquatic turtle, and fiddler crabs.   No way I can move all those tanks.  

• Like 4

My hip is worse this morning. But I am pretty sure that I have figured out the true source of the problem:  my ankle. This isn’t as weird as it may sound because “

Toe bone connected to the foot bone
Foot bone connected to the heel bone
Heel bone connected to the ankle bone
Ankle bone connected to the shin bone
Shin bone connected to the knee bone
Knee bone connected to the thigh bone
Thigh bone connected to the hip bone
Hip bone connected to the back bone
Back bone connected to the shoulder bone
Shoulder bone connected to the neck bone
Neck bone connected to the head bone
Now hear the word of the Lord.”
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

My hip is worse this morning. But I am pretty sure that I have figured out the true source of the problem:  my ankle. This isn’t as weird as it may sound because “

Toe bone connected to the foot bone
Foot bone connected to the heel bone
Heel bone connected to the ankle bone
Ankle bone connected to the shin bone
Shin bone connected to the knee bone
Knee bone connected to the thigh bone
Thigh bone connected to the hip bone
Hip bone connected to the back bone
Back bone connected to the shoulder bone
Shoulder bone connected to the neck bone
Neck bone connected to the head bone
Now hear the word of the Lord.”

I feel this song with you, Jean.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

I really need to get up and do some work.  Dh just got home from his mom's house.  He went early so came home early so he can finish installing the cameras and do some other work at the science center.   

Kids still haven't woken up, the weather is cloudy and gloomy, its pretty hard to feel motivated.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Wheres Toto said:

I really need to get up and do some work.  Dh just got home from his mom's house.  He went early so came home early so he can finish installing the cameras and do some other work at the science center.   

Kids still haven't woken up, the weather is cloudy and gloomy, its pretty hard to feel motivated.

Same. Dh went to work today, and Gymnast woke up an hour ago (10am!). There is so much to do. I still haven't put on pants or a presentable shirt.

• Like 3