• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Jean in Newcastle

• Susan in TN

• KrissiK

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You know, saying "ignore this thread" to this group is like saying "don't push the big red button!" 

Homeschoolers.     They always think the rules don't apply to them.

Coming out of my long time lurking because I couldn't ignore this thread..  :leaving:

Posted Images

I made these, and they are really good:

http://powerhungry.com/2015/02/easy-almond-flour-waffles-paleo-gluten-free-grain-free/

The bills are paid, we have a little grocery money, and I ordered the Bible Study Guide For All Ages stuff because it was from a hive member and I didn't want to keep her waiting. We also pulled off Erin's birthday gift and my dad hopes to get the bunk beds for my man as a birthday gift. If we can make an extra $300 by next month we should be in the clear and back on track until the next catastrophe.

Ahem.  You have enough money for a pg test because ITT.

I'm not very complicated.  

You really aren't.  I can't deal with complicated people.  I lack the brain power.

• Like 5

I have caught up on the thread.

My son brought home a leopard. A large leopard. Another large, stuffed, toy leopard. Goes by the name Oro. I don't know why.

I am on the brink of insanity--contemplating signing up for NaNoWriMo. I need a good kick in the shins to force me to sit down and write the rest of my darned book!

Jean: How is Neko today?

• Like 10

I have caught up on the thread.

My son brought home a leopard. A large leopard. Another large, stuffed, toy leopard. Goes by the name Oro. I don't know why.

I am on the brink of insanity--contemplating signing up for NaNoWriMo. I need a good kick in the shins to force me to sit down and write the rest of my darned book!

Jean: How is Neko today?

OMG. Nanowrimo. That's what I need. Am I allowed to outline in October?

• Like 1

Our school is having a fundraiser at Chuck-E-Cheese. I'm here with my kids and my neighbors' kids while the neighbors have a date night and my partner goes on a liquor / spirits reconnaissance and tasting mission for his company's charity auction team. I'm finishing a report I didn't finish because I was automating stuff.

I am a saint.

• Like 4

Our school is having a fundraiser at Chuck-E-Cheese. I'm here with my kids and my neighbors' kids while the neighbors have a date night and my partner goes on a liquor / spirits reconnaissance and tasting mission for his company's charity auction team. I'm finishing a report I didn't finish because I was automating stuff.

I am a saint.

Truly you are.

I despise Chuck E Cheese.

However, the liquor recon sounds interesting;-)

• Like 4

The woman who told me "I'll be here waiting if you don't want him" at my marriage ceremony is at the Bible workshop my dh is leading. I'm not worried but I don't have the kindest feelings toward her even though its been over 20 years. I mean, who says something like that? And she was not kidding.

This would bug me too. She would feel like a predator. But your secret weapon is nananabooboo:-)

• Like 2

I hate it when I have paved the way and the younguns don't believe me and do exactly what I warned them not to do. Having a FB discussion right now about field trips. I have warned them that they will regret not requiring people to pay ahead of time (and to charge a small amount for "free" field trips), but some don't believe me. They will have to learn the hard way...as did I. But it would be so much better for them to just listen...

They really should heed the wisdom of the queen.

• Like 4

I'm home from swim meet.  Yay.  And we shouldn't be horribly late getting home tomorrow night either.  Yay.  The loud warm up music and the eye-burning chlorine in the air is enough to kill a person.  Not to mention a few random piercing whistles from various coaches.  (Why would you DO that??!!  - quote from How to Train Your Dragon.) 

Going to bed soon. 

• Like 6

I was invited to the liquor recon but I couldn't go because of parental duties (this).

Then, you are doubly a saint.

Lynn, girly, do I really have to educate you on these things?! You can google the first four letters of that adjective and you will find an answer. If you dare.

Slachey, stop contaminating the minds of homeschooling mothers. You hussy.

• Like 5

Ok, finally caught up on the thread.

Have been feeling crummy with a perpetual headache since Sunday. Boo boo for me.

I am also sick of self-righteous idiots who try to take over groups because they want to sound smart.

Apparently, not feeling well is interfering with my usual "mind like water" mental state, lol. It usually takes a lot to move me to emotion, especially anger. I must reeseeest (said like the little cleaner fish guy in Nemo.)

Miss you guys. I am going to bed soon, I think.

• Like 6

Imagine how much more money Chuck E Cheese could make if they served liquor and offered a van service to your home with car seats and everything. I'm just saying.

Oh yeah:-) You could start a new business.

I have a confession. We were invited to dinner at a friend's house. They don't drink. At all. We weren't sure who else was coming. Dh and I were ready to walk out the door, looked at each other and had a "pre-dinner party departure cocktail." Is that a real thing? Or is there something wrong with us? In our defense, we weren't sure what the climate was going to be. We wanted to go in relaxed. It worked for a while:-)

(Caveat: I do not NEED to drink. We have some friends that are raging party animals and others that are complete tee totallers, down to no alcohol in cooking. We are very moderate. Sometimes we do, sometimes we don't.)

• Like 1

Do you mean this?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R_(programming_language)

This is way out of my depth as I don't do statistical computing or finance work so I don't know much about how R interacts with the shell. 

You can keep the shell open from a batch file in a variety of ways, but the shell and the command line are synonymous unless you're talking about some sort of shell/interactive parser that R itself provides. For that I couldn't help you without a lot of Googling and research. Sorry. :(

In your situation I'd probably write the data to some sort of database platform and then interactively query it in the morning. I've used Perl and MySQL in that way for various projects. But because you're using a totally unfamiliar platform to me I can't be sure that my advice is in context. :)

I know you can keep the command line open using a variety of tricks like asking for user input at the end of a script, but that will typically only keep it open until you strike a key. I'd say you need to dig into the R documentation if you're talking about an R specific shell that lets you interact with the resulting dataset from a script directly.

All I read here, between Tsuga and you was: akdfljaoi aoeifaj ef ioewl oieafne iaojfl  it edfna ediao aekf jd djwoa a djaojfnaf afjfa aefh f  jd ajf akdf oae and adjof dafo a xsk blah blah blah.

• Like 6

((((ITT))))

I'd be even more specific but that was a LOT of catch up this morning!   I'm thinking of all y'all, though.  

On a bright note, it is Friday, Ellie is dancing hula, Renai is in the home stretch, and Mark is going to buy us all Mickey Ears.

Oh!  My children decided to start a business yesterday.  They are selling grocery bags of leaves (they've already collected about a dozen).  After a dismal first day, I explained that our neighbors have plenty of leaves in their own yards, for free, so they are not likely to pay for any more.  

Undeterred, my son suggested that I advertise for them on the internet, so that people in places without leaves can be reached.  

Soooo....  If you want a grocery bag full of New England leaves, please pm me.  Price will depend on the postage costs + my overall attitude on whatever day I bother to send them.  Ds is donating 100% of the profit to the tooth fairy, to pay for all the teeth we seem to keep losing lately.  

Cute. I'd buy New England leaves.

• Like 1

I just got home from my cousins memorial service.

It was just the immediate family (his brothers and sister) and me.

In honor of Tony:

The first song I remember him playing on the guitar.

I am so sorry about the loss of your cousin, Dawn.

All I read here, between Tsuga and you was: akdfljaoi aoeifaj ef ioewl oieafne iaojfl  it edfna ediao aekf jd djwoa a djaojfnaf afjfa aefh f  jd ajf akdf oae and adjof dafo a xsk blah blah blah.

My eyes and brain skimmed over it like it was Korean spam.

• Like 4

Oh, good. I thought it was just me.

• Like 4

Hah.

I didn't want to ask in a formal manner until I had consulted at least 10 IT people IRL or online who would not immediately laugh at me. Once I determined I had a real, bona-fide question that was not answered by just reading a 101 textbook somewhere, I finally got to ask an expert who led me in the right direction.

• Like 2

I wish I could dispense some more medical advice, but I have to go teach high school English now.  We are starting our three week discussion on To Kill a Mockingbird.

Just list your medical problems here, and I will advise on them in the order they appear.

Oldest loves that book. Now she thinks you are super awesome for discussing that book, and she loves you, and you deserve all the praise, admiration, and respect of your students. Her words. Really

• Like 4

Not really synonyms. "Thus" means "in this way" where "hence" is more "consequently". They're really similar, I guess, but transposing them is almost as bad as people who say "comprise" when they mean "compose". People did THAT until Merriam Webster rewrote the frigging definition of "comprise" just to get it over with.

Sigh.

Shouldn't that be "whereas"?

• Like 2

Oldest loves that book. Now she thinks you are super awesome for discussing that book, and she loves you, and you deserve all the praise, admiration, and respect of your students. Her words. Really.

Tell her thank you!  I wish she could be in my class.  My little class leans a bit quiet so I am delivering soliloquies a lot.  I liken it to doing stand up comedy.   :D

• Like 3