Menu

Ignore this thread!

Posted (edited)

I have put in an application to be tested with a new test for something that I've been diagnosed with for 30 years.  But if I am approved and the test says that I have it, I am then eligible for a clinical trial on meds to actually treat this.  Since there has never been an actual treatment (other than drugs to combat the symptoms) this might be a good thing.  We'll see if I pass the approval process. 

Booyah

Edited by Jean in Newcastle
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

I couldn't get in this morning, and had less time since I had to run to AFSA, and then make Harrys (pompoms with eyes and feet) for a class activity.   

Happy Wednesday!!

Only two weeks left for my Wednesday classes since they don't have a makeup.   Definitely in the home stretch now. 

• Like 4

Good morning!

Lots to do today.  Errands and grocery shopping this morning.  I really need to go hike up and down Death Hill again today.  I should go after story time.  Don't wanna, but parents are coming tomorrow and I might not really have a lot of time for it while they are here.  

We are trying to conserve gas, so I should probably go to a hill closer to my house.  Gas stations in our area are all out and we need to get to dd22's pinning ceremony on Friday and graduation on Saturday and we need a half tank of gas for each trip.  Sigh.

Coffee! 

• Like 3

Good Morning!

Happy Thursday!

Woke up with a headache again, so I don't have high hopes for getting much done today.

I did get some planning done earlier this week.  I'm taking a child for a vaccination today.

Things are getting done, just at a very slow pace.

• Like 3

Morning. I haven't assessed my gas situation yet, but I do have to work this weekend and I don't have enough gas for that. So something probably should be done today if possible.

Other than that, writing and trying to get some stuff completed before the end of this month as June/July/August are going to be busy revisions and redrafting months. And I just got a new character stormed in this morning with a story for me, too. 

• Like 3

Morning.  Happy Thursday.   Met with dd to walk and yoga this morning, did some cleaning up, now I'm just chilling.  I forgot to bring my Swell home yesterday so couldn't bring the rest of my tea that I didn't drink at home, so I'm having cold brewed iced tea for the caffeine.  

Today's one of my later days, three classes.

• Like 4

Five or so years ago, there was no Buy Nothing group for my area, so I started one. (That includes a commitment to be the mod for it--I did that for ~ 2 1/2 years.) I've given away a bunch of stuff, but seldom got the items I was looking for, as they tended to be very specific. It was nice, anyway, being able to help people, and surely saved me some trips to drop things off at a thrift store.

Today, I asked in there for somebody to go and get our library books (I'm that low on gas, I don't dare) and had three volunteers in less than an hour!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Carolina Wren said:

Five or so years ago, there was no Buy Nothing group for my area, so I started one. (That includes a commitment to be the mod for it--I did that for ~ 2 1/2 years.) I've given away a bunch of stuff, but seldom got the items I was looking for, as they tended to be very specific. It was nice, anyway, being able to help people, and surely saved me some trips to drop things off at a thrift store.

Today, I asked in there for somebody to go and get our library books (I'm that low on gas, I don't dare) and had three volunteers in less than an hour!

🥰

5 hours ago, Carolina Wren said:

🥰

I'm beat.  I went up and down Death Hill, Jr. three times in an hour and 20 minutes.  

Earlier today I made a special trip to Duluth Trading Co. to see if they have any Breezeshooter shirts in stock.  Nope.  I hope they make more - I have one and I like it even better than my Columbia hiking shirt.  Online they only have size XS available.

We are having Krissi's Famous Turkey Tetrazzini for dinner. (And there was great rejoicing!)

• Like 3

Good morning!

We are having an exciting day!  My parents (if their car is fixed) should be here early afternoon and then we will go to dd22's pinning ceremony.  After that we will go to dinner at her favorite Indian restaurant.  In the mean time, we have Things to do.

FIL has gone home from the hospital.  They went back and forth on whether or not to do surgery and they finally decided against, since his blood flow is better and he is at very high risk for surgery due to age.  We FaceTimed him yesterday and he is in generally good spirits and needs to rest.

I have downloaded the Gas Buddy app and hopefully that will help us find some gas this weekend.

Next book on the Reading Challenge will be Gay Girl, Good God by Jackie Hill Perry.  It belongs to dd22 and I better read it before she wants it back. 😁

Coffee!

• Like 4

Morning!  It's Friday! YIPPEEEEEEEE

Anyone.  Just a couple classes today.  I'm pretty caught up on planning plus there's only a few weeks left so I'll probably clean house when I get home.  I was going to vacuum last weekend but our vacuum needed a really good cleaning out, including soaking the sponge filters.  Now that it's dry I can vacuum.  What fun. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Morning. One more sunny day and then I think there's rain all next week. So I got out and walked today, will go prep and plant my sunflower bed, and generally try to make sure everything outdoor is mostly done and won't require a lot of wading out to get to it. 

I'm kind of ready for it to warm up and dry out a bit.

• Like 5

I'm busy getting ready for a reading week next week, so I am going to try to stay off the internet for the next week.  I tend to have a lack of self control/addiction when it comes to the internet, so I think I need to go (almost) cold turkey for a week.

I got behind in reading because of my migraines, and we are getting ready to ramp up some new topics at the beginning of June.  I have a bunch of reading and planning to do.  Hopefully my headaches will cooperate. 😞

• Like 4

Pinning ceremony was very nice!  We ate at dd's favorite hole in the wall Indian restaurant afterwards - it was super yummy!  I had lamb roganjosh, but tasted the butter chicken and tikka masala and those were also delicious.  Very tired now.  

• Like 3

Good morning!

It graduation day for dd22, so we will be making the 2 hour trek to her school again this afternoon.  Looks like the weather will be cooperating nicely for an outdoor ceremony.  Most of the family will be going early to help pack up the dorm room and dd18, grandma and grandpa, and I will come a bit later and have an early dinner near the school.

I need to iron dh's new shirt and get signs and programs ready for tomorrow's quartet recital.

Coffee!

• Like 5

Morning.  Happy Saturday.

I'm spending most of today at the science center cleaning and reorganizing.  Things are deteriorating way too fast.   

I bought a new file cabinet at the restore yesterday.  A big, wide one similar to what we always had at jobs I worked at with the top "drawer" having a flip up front.  Very sturdy.   That should help me get things organized better. 

Still waiting to hear from the landlord about expanding our space.  We let them know we wanted to four rooms and were ready to discuss terms.  They know we need to have things finalized by August or there's no sense in us doing it, so hopefully we'll hear soon. 

• Like 5

Good morning!

So much sleepiness.  One graduation down, one more to go.  Today I have a short meeting for next month's VBS and the kids have their quartet recital in the park at 4.  We need to put up a couple posters and balloons this morning so people will not set up a birthday party in the pavilion for their kid and make us kick them out.  That would be sad.

Coffee!

• Like 3

I'll just talk amongst myselves.

The string quartet recital went so well.  The kids did a great job and I think they were very proud of their progress this year.  Grandma and grandpa were Very Proud Grandparents. 😊

I need to start writing inscriptions in end-of-year gift books.  This is dd22's last year of it. 😭  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Woohoo!! I can get in!! Thank you Jean!! Of course, nothing has happened around here worth talking about, but I got in.

Let’s see, we had church this morning. That was good. DH’s brother and family and DH’s parents came over for lunch. We had pulled pork sandwiches and salads no beans. That was good.  Now, I am just laying around because I am tired.

• Like 3

On 5/15/2021 at 10:04 AM, Jean in Newcastle said:

I have been reading up about how to prune forsythias.  Dh's method of just whacking indiscriminately is not recommended.  😉 

I will keep that in mind. I have a tendency to whack indiscriminately.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 5/14/2021 at 11:39 PM, Jean in Newcastle said:

We had our weekly date night at the home improvement store. 

Those are always the best dates. I usually come home with a plant of some sort. And DH comes home with sprinkler parts.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

I'll just talk amongst myselves.

The string quartet recital went so well.  The kids did a great job and I think they were very proud of their progress this year.  Grandma and grandpa were Very Proud Grandparents. 😊

I need to start writing inscriptions in end-of-year gift books.  This is dd22's last year of it. 😭  

Yay!! I miss recitals. My little girls have not been in music lessons since The Plague hit. I need to figure something out for them for the fall.  Oldest DD is in choir at her school. Their Spring Concert was outstanding.

• Like 3

On 5/14/2021 at 9:11 PM, Susan in TN said:

Pinning ceremony was very nice!  We ate at dd's favorite hole in the wall Indian restaurant afterwards - it was super yummy!  I had lamb roganjosh, but tasted the butter chicken and tikka masala and those were also delicious.  Very tired now.  

The Big City used to have a really good Indian restaurant. It went out of business. I love Indian food.

• Like 2

On 5/14/2021 at 8:04 AM, Junie said:

The ITT is not cooperating very well today.  Maybe that will make it easier to stay off. 😉

I haven’t been on for days. The only way I can get on is if an ITT post is the most recent one in Gen Ed, but that has ‘t been the case whenever I’ve tried to get on. Jean’s tagging me worked. I’m going to try to use that one in the future and see if it works.

• Like 3

On 5/14/2021 at 4:34 AM, Susan in TN said:

Good morning!

We are having an exciting day!  My parents (if their car is fixed) should be here early afternoon and then we will go to dd22's pinning ceremony.  After that we will go to dinner at her favorite Indian restaurant.  In the mean time, we have Things to do.

FIL has gone home from the hospital.  They went back and forth on whether or not to do surgery and they finally decided against, since his blood flow is better and he is at very high risk for surgery due to age.  We FaceTimed him yesterday and he is in generally good spirits and needs to rest.

I have downloaded the Gas Buddy app and hopefully that will help us find some gas this weekend.

Next book on the Reading Challenge will be Gay Girl, Good God by Jackie Hill Perry.  It belongs to dd22 and I better read it before she wants it back. 😁

Coffee!

That is a good book. I read it last year. It is kind of rough, especially compared to Rosaria Butterfield’s Confessions of an Unlikely Convert.

• Like 2

Good Evening!

Krissi opened the portal for me, so I'm sneaking in a quick trip to the ITT.

I have a whole stack of books that I need to get through this week.  And planning.  Dd16 is going to be a senior, so I need to get all of her ducks in a row so that she can graduate.

Also, now that my kids are getting vaccinated, I need to make about a thousand doctor's appointments. 😞  Physicals, dentist, eye doctor, endocrinologist, cardiologist.  OK, maybe not a thousand, but it's looking like 20+.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Another way I get onto ITT is by clicking any notifications of "likes" by ya'll on my posts.  🙂  So I always post before bed so that I can get on the next morning.  (I liked Krissi and Junie's posts btw so that hopefully they can get on in the morning too.) 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Morning, Happy Monday.

My previous content keeps populating my response box, even when it already posted.  Weird. 

I have better luck getting in directly, especially after marking the forum read, then I do through notifications.    

Only two more weeks until Memorial Day.  I'm working on planning summer camps, summer school plans, cleaning plans, so many plans.   I'm going to have to make sure I keep on track or I'll have another year of playing catch-up and I really don't want that.  

For those of you who have taught classes, how do you handle seating arrangements?  I don't assign but the kids tend to have their preferences, some want/need the front of the room, some like farther back.  The most I have in any class right now is 8 with two at each table.  The farthest back table is probably 12 feet from the front of the room.  

I have a kid who came into a class just this session (last of 4 for the year).  Last week he got to class earlier than most of the others (usually he's a little late) and wanted to sit in a seat that has had a group of brothers sitting there all year.  One of the brothers needs to be in the front to see.   This also would have resulted in one kid at each table so when the last four students arrived, the two sets of brothers would have been split up (earlier in the year I was stricter about siblings sitting together, I'm not as strict now).  I told the kid he couldn't sit there so the brothers could have their seats.   He complained to mom, mom called me to see why he couldn't sit where he wanted.  I wasn't really sure what to say since I've never had that happen before.  

My main concerns - I really don't want to spend five minutes at the start of class playing musical chairs or even having discussions about seating.  I don't think it's fair to the kids who have been in class all year to have to deal with changing seating every week based on who arrives first.  

Should I just assign seats and call it done?  I may wait and see what happens this week. 

• Like 3

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!!~D

Monday!!😩😩😩😩😩

School and work!! Only three more weeks of school and the end cannot come fast enough. Things have been really rough with work stuff. I have a couple of phone calls to make this morning that I am not looking forward to making. I hate phone calls anyhow,  but unpleasant ones are even worse.

• Like 2