Menu

Ignore this thread!

32 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Depends on why the sugar is making you feel crappy.  Did it give you high blood sugars?  Then I would expect it to level out in a couple of hours, especially if you eat some protein later to sort of even things out.  (PS - you might want to have your doctor do a hemoglobin a1c on you to see how your blood sugar levels have been over time.  Though you might be managing a pre-diabetic or diabetic problem on your own simply by avoiding carbs/sugars.  )

Yeah, being pre-diabetic wouldn't surprise me even a tiny bit.  So far when I've had tests they've been normal but I'm not sure the doctor is doing all the tests that could be done.  I've definitely not done anything checking levels over time.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

I was JUST thinking about how you deserve a good deal of pestering!!  And lo and behold, my brain-thoughts worked without any effort on my part!!

Hi Beautiful Slachey Babies!

What's kitty's name?

Kit. I can't usually get in here. I'm hoping it's fixed.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Good morning!

VBS is done.  I thought it went really well, though ds16 (who was a helper at the snack station) had a hissy fit trying to set up a canopy and and I had to send him home.  

I have to bring dd18 to work and possibly go to the walk-in clinic because it feels like I'm getting a UTI and then after her work bring dd18 to the lobby of hobbies and then go play for a wedding, which I am dreading.  I used to love playing weddings.  First I must banish goats.

Coffee!

• Like 4

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!~D

Saturday!!!

Housework, grocery shopping, graduation party tonight. Not looking forward to the graduation party. I hate social events like this, and this is a graduation party for 3 boys, we only know one of them….ugh. But, DH and I were talking about how we didn’t have any friends and it’s probably our own fault, so we decided we should do some social things. Hence, graduation party tonight and next Saturday. 

Slashie, your pictures are adorable. You have the cutest kids. And a cute kitty. I am rarely able to get on, either.

Susan, yay for VBS being done. Our VBS is in a couple of weeks.

• Like 4

The wedding was almost as disastrous as you could want.  I was truly hoping for some drunk kayakers to come by, but alas and alack.  It was hot at humid and my fingers felt like clumsy, sticky sausages.  All stupid pop tunes.  I think the cellist and I had different arrangements of one of the tunes.  We were told that the wedding started at 6, so a few minutes after 6 we saw that the mothers were standing in back, so we started playing Yellow, as requested.  The minister and grooms came down but not the moms.  So we were confused.  The wedding coordinator was no where to be seen.  So then we saw the mothers AND the bridesmaids standing in back, so we played Yellow again.   Nothing.  The minister and groomsmen left and went back to the back. I think the wedding was actually supposed to start at 6:30 but no one bothered to tell us.  

Finally we started playing Iris, which was for the bridesmaids and then the mothers finally came down and then the bridesmaids.  Someone got off somewhere so I had to improvise some weird notes until I figured out where the cello was in the music.  The only part that went well was the song for the flowergirl and bride which I arranged yesterday at the last minute.  We never did play Let Me Down Easy, which I spent countless hours arranging for quartet AND trio for this wedding.  Recessional was a disaster.  I ended up improvising halfway through just some more weird stuff until everyone else stopped playing.  Fortunately the people there must have all been tonedeaf because a couple Not Yet Drunk people said it sounded wonderful.  

Then we had to haul all our stuff, including our own chairs, across two acres to play for "cocktail hour" which I was completely unaware of.  By now my bladder felt like it was undergoing electric shock therapy.  We played some more music and I finally got out of there and managed to get to a gas station bathroom around 8, then another 45 minute drive home.  I will go to the walk-in clinic first thing tomorrow morning to get some medicine for this UTI.

Heere Endeth The Tale of the Stupid Wedding.

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Sad 5

I got desperate and called Teledoc. She got my prescription in and then I remembered that I have AZO (for urinary pain) left over from last time. I am praying it kicks in soon.  

It's a Woe is Me Booyah!  

(I am envisioning Jean patting my shoulder and saying, "There, there", lol.)

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 3
  • Sad 2

(((Susan)))

Hi Slashie!  Lovely pictures!

I am ketchupped.

Three of us went to the beach for a long Memorial Day weekend.  Two years was a long time to wait, but it was lovely.  

We have VBS starting tonight, but I'm not helping.  But two dss are helping.  But thankfully one can drive.  Willy-nilly.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Morning.  I don't remember the last time I was on here or what I said.  I think I've still been getting on at least once a day.

Dh is coming back from his moms today.  I didn't get nearly the stuff I wanted to done this past week.  Too much running around with apartment hunting, doctors appointments, etc.  I'm not very good at multi-tasking or switching tasks or unexpected plans.   I spent a good portion of the day at the lake yesterday with dd and her friend.  It was great, it's important that she spends some time outside and with IRL friends, but it put a dent in my chances of getting anything done.  

Today I need to do laundry, plan tomorrow's classes, do some summer camp/registration paper work, swing by the science center and make sure the AC is still working (so far so good as of yesterday), do some cleaning up for classes tomorrow, and I really REALLY should clean the bathroom at home.   

I found a tick crawling on me a little while ago.  A big dog tick not little deer tick, and not attached but now I feel all crawly.   Ugh. 

• Like 6

Morning. It's raining. That's pretty much every day right now. I still haven't been able to put in the plants or sunflower seeds. Not just because of the rain, but because I can't get the soil amendments needed to where they ought to be because...rain. 

We still haven't been able to plant okra. Can't till. Rain.

Normally, summer is NOT like this.

• Like 5

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!L~D

Sunday!!!

Church!!

Today is promotion Sunday. All the kids move up a grade. Middle DD is moving into the junior high group, so the parents are all supposed to bring food for a big breakfast. Usually I like to bring something really homemade. This morning I am bringing pillsbury cinnamon rolls. Home-baked, but not home made. Maybe it’s good for me. The kids don’t care and perhaps I was getting too prideful. Anyhow, I was just too beat to make anything really homemade, so Pillsbury it is.

• Like 5

Good afternoon!

I think I am going to survive, per regulations.  I did not get a wink of sleep until about 1:00 this afternoon.  Old AZO does not work very well.  Even the new medicine is just barely taking the edge off.  I am rotating tylenol and ibuprofin as well.

Dh didn't sleep much either last night, due to my agonies, but still he managed to get the kids to Sunday School (it was dd12's first time in the jr/sr high class), and go to CVS to beg all speed with medications for me, and go grocery shopping, and pick up lunch for everyone, and do laundry.

Our neighbor brought over some Persian pickled vegetables which I am eager to try when feeling better.  She said the recipe is a bit "toned down" from the traditional one, lol.

Tomorrow, Lord willing and the creek don't rise, dh and I are going to Memphis for a couple days for our 30th anniversary.

Coffee!

• Like 5

Agility was fun as always.  There were three of us old timers and three newbies.  One of the newbies was a guy with a very tall six month old Afghan Hound!  Juliet was the "model dog" for the class tonight - ie. she went first and showed all the newbies how to do it.  Fortunately she (mostly) did well.  And she's getting a lot more sociable around people.  She didn't even threaten to eat anyone and she let a strange man pet her! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Good morning!  It's The Queen's favorite day!

Agility sounds so fun!  I know that Sir Pups-a-lot would love it.  He loves it when we put our feet up on the coffee table so he can run around and jump over or crawl under.  He needs a little more self control training first, lol.

I am 67% recovered from the Very Bad UTI, enough that I slept in a few spurts last night between bathroom runs (did I tell you my butt actually hurts from the other night?!?) and I can stand up and walk around and stuff.  And I don't think it is developing into anything more severe.  So I think our trip to Memphis is still on.  I am thinking I can manage a 3 hour drive - there are plenty of rest stops and gas stations on the way that we can stop at when necessary.

I am hungry.

Coffee!

#isaidbutt

• Like 4

Morning.  Happy Monday.   It's going to be a hot, humid, rainy week around here.   Almost daily afternoon thunderstorms or just rain all day.

This is my last week of classes for the (school) year.   Three days of make-ups that stretch back to snow days in January.   Judging by the number of people who evidently thought we had class last week despite notes sent home, posted in the lobby/entranceway, mentioning it to everybody, posted on Facebook I anticipate a lot of not full classes this week.  

All except one of my summer camps are full in the AM sessions, one is full for both AM and PM.   And to think I wasn't even sure we'd get many people signing up for summer camps this year given everything.   I didn't even run camps last year (obviously) so figured momentum was lost.  But I have a lot of campers who did my camps two years ago and are coming back.  It's actually pretty exciting.  

• Like 4

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!~D

Monday!!! But it is summer vacation. I do have plenty of work to do to close out this school year, though. But the kids are done!!

We’re supposed to have a bit of a cool down this week. Highs in the 80’s,  not in the 100’s. Thank goodness.

Susan, I hope you are feeling better and the meds are kicking in.

• Like 4

Do you know what's fun? Sometimes when we get bot/spam calls, I have time to answer. I have a better than 60% hangup rate for answering, "[School name] Academy, this is the principal's office."

Also on my list to try:

"[Neighborhood] Restaurant, where the menu is always gluten-free. Would you like to make a reservation?"

"W[abbreviation for our street name] [our house number backwards with a decimal]: we rock with Kitty in the morning and [DS] through the workday! Do you know the phrase that pays?"

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Morning, Happy Tuesday.  I have a very long day today.  I'm teaching 4 classes.   But it's the last day for all those classes, then I have just one more day this week and I'm done.   I know I keep talking about how I'm almost done, but this has been a super long year.  It has been a wonderful year and I had a great group of kids and parents (once we worked through some hiccups at the beginning of the year), but it was a long, hard year.  So much wasn't normal and required so much extra energy to deal with.  I'm glad we are through most of it and I really really hope things continue getting better leading to this fall.  

This summer I'll be working hard on getting ready for next year, teaching some summer camps, working on tweaking some school stuff for the kids, trying new things out, and also enjoying ourselves.  I want more field trips, more lake days.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Good morning from Memphis!

Happy Almost Last Day, Toto!  I’m hoping you get to all the good things on your break.  Have you ever seen those fold-up “origami” kayaks?  They look so cool. 

Yesterday we had Swedish meatballs at IKEA for lunch and Memphis BBQ at legendary The Commissary for dinner.   So yummy.  We were having fun comparing the places we were driving to The Judgmental Map of Memphis - so far it’s pretty accurate, lol.

It’s dh’s and my 30th wedding anniversary today!  After breakfast we are going to see what the weather is like and maybe toodle around town. We are taking a touristy bus tour of the city this afternoon and have dinner reservations at a fancy restaurant tonight. 

Coffee!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!~D

Tuesday!!

We’re having a work party today at the house of one of my co-workers. As much as my job stresses me out at times, I must say I love getting together with my co -workers. We were kind of the rebel group (teachers in my school are divided into groups of 12-15 with a regional coordinator over them) this year and had some in-person staff meetings, which were great. We generally work from home, which is pretty isolating, and Zoom sucks (#isaidsucks), so when we can get together it is rather raucous.

The weather cooled down substantially. It was a very pleasant night for sleeping.

Susan, I am glad you slept through the night and your culinary adventures sound wonderful.

Toto, glad you are almost done.

Jeannie, hope you feel better. Glad you had a great visit with Ikslo. #jealous.

CW, I will need to keep those comebacks in mind. That is hilarious,

• Like 5

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!~D

Humph Day!!!

Work!!!

Another comfortable day. Only supposed to be 78 degrees. Next week we’re up to 105 again.🔥🔥🔥☀️☀️☀️🔥🔥🔥😩😩☀️☀️🔥🔥. Well, I won’t think about that right now. I will just enjoy the 78 degrees.

Nothing much going on. Had a fun work party yesterday. Good to see people. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Morning.  I'm being slow and lazy today.   Slept in a little bit, slow and relaxed having breakfast and my tea.   I will run out to the science center later to do some cleaning, work on my files and start getting things set up for summer.  My teacher is done for the year so I can do some things in her classroom.  

• Like 4

On 6/8/2021 at 3:28 AM, Jean in Newcastle said:

Juliet and I got to meet Ikslo. We had fun. 

I forgot to comment on this:

Yay!!  I met Ikslo a few years ago and she is super nice.  Before Ikslo moved, she lived in my hometown. :)  The place she lives now has much better weather.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Good morning!

Happy Summer for those now on break!

I am heading to the walk-in clinic this morning because I am starting to feel a little worse.  Not as bad as Sunday by any means, but not better.  I am seriously afraid that this is going to cause continued *issues* and I will have to drop out of the backpacking trip.  

After that I am taking dd14 to the special aquarium shop on the outskirts of The Big City.

I should probably buy some groceries at some point.

Coffee!

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!~D

Friday Eve!!!

Another delightful night of sleeping weather. If our summer was like this all the time, this would be the perfect place to live.

Going up the Big City this morning!! DS had some psychological and academic testing done back in March and April and the results are done, so that will be interesting. Kind of dreading that. And I have some curriculum to drop off at my school’s Lending Library. 

Oldest DD is going to the beach today. Two girls in her friend group have birthdays in June, so the parents of one are taking their motor home with a gaggle of girls to the beach for the day.  It should be fun. DD has a nice group of friends.

• Like 6

Morning. Tomorrow I leave for Tennessee. I'm going to be in North Georgia for a few days. Looking forward to it and hoping there are at least a few cicadas there. 

Today is packing, shopping, keeping everything working here while I'm gone. Gah.

• Like 5