Menu

Ignore this thread!

Morning.  I've been really lazy the past few days.  I've gotten some work done, mostly paperwork for registrations and activity planning.   But I haven't done any yoga or tai chi or even much walking around in two days.   I'll do some of each today.  I need to make sure I continue some form of routine when I'm not doing camps this summer.  I want to continue my workouts, do some deliberate school time, make the kids workout/walk/hike, plus some dedicated time working on classes.    I have too much of a tendency to get caught up doing one thing and letting everything else lapse.  

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Wheres Toto said:

I have too much of a tendency to get caught up doing one thing and letting everything else lapse.  

Yep.  Me too!

We bought 3 guppies (named Bruce, Otto, and Tigger), a snail (The Doctor), and a java fern (Coffee!).

I haven't been to the grocery store in a couple weeks and don't know if anything is available in the freezer but I should go check in case People want to eat dinner.  We are out of the spring semester freezer meals so now I will flounder about with dinners until I get something planned.

• Like 5

Good morning!

Yay for basement progress and new refrigerator!

My triceps are so sore!

I've been awake for a few hours.  Finished a book - Talking to Strangers by Malcolm Gladwell - which I have put in the "book about social justice" though it was maybe only moderately related.  Fascinating stories but somewhat disappointing in the end.  The main idea revolves around our predilection to "default to truth" - or assume the best/truthfulness in people.  Has lots of interesting cases of this happening - like spies and other criminals, when default to truth was the wrong course of action.

Have to go grocery shopping and need to call the doctor's office later today and see if the doctor has filled out dd14's bsa health form.

Coffee!

• Like 4

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!!~D

Tuesday!!

I’m back. The Portal has opened. Actually, that’s not why I was not here. We went to Memorial Day Family Camp and I had no internet/cell service. Which was wonderful.  We had a great time. Kids made friends, DH and I took some long walks and had some great talks (I got more than double my step goal on Saturday, of course on Sunday then, my step goal was adjusted, but I still more than topped it), ate waaaaay too much and spent some time in the craft room. It was a great weekend. 

Last week of school this week. Lots to get done and lots to start prepping for next year (work stuff).

It’s going to be hotter tHan a big dog this week. It was 102 yesterday, supposed to be 105 today.🔥🔥🔥🔥☀️☀️☀️☀️😩😩😩😩 I really really hate summer.

• Like 4

🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉

🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈

❤️ Happy 225th Birthday, Tennessee!! ❤️

🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈

🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉

As it is said, "wasn't born and raised, but I got here as fast as I could."

She's a national treasure. ❤️

It's a Tennessee Treasure Birthday Bash Booyah!

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hello,  I didn't make it on this morning.   Met dd to walk, then we called about apartments, visited a couple and she put in an application at one.  But she's not first on the list so we'll see if she gets lucky before my mother's house sells.   Apartments are super hard to find around here and ones that aren't really expensive (like over $1500 a month for a one bedroom) are practically impossible.   If she gets this one she'll be living in the same complex we lived in before I married dh.   It was like deja vu looking at the model apartment.   

The contract on mom's house fell through. There are a couple others to look at but might take a little longer now.  

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Do you have coinsurance?  Sometimes you have to make it clear to them that you don’t have any. 

I don't have coinsurance and I feel like I told them that 7000 times in the paperwork, but sometimes things get marked wrong elsewhere, I suppose.  We'll have to call them.

• Like 3

Good morning!

My anxiety level is way too high this morning.  I am supposed to play in a wedding on Saturday and the person coordinating it indicated in a email yesterday that she thinks I have arranged some songs for it that I have never heard of.  Like for the processional.  Oy.  She really needs to not spring these things on me last minute because I don't have time for it.

Bruce the Guppy has died.  We will try to get to the pet store for a replacement some time today.

It is supposed to rain most of the day and VBS starts tonight in the park across the street.  They may have to have it at the church if it gets stormy.  The theme is running the race and we are supposed to wear running/athletic clothes.  Yeah, that's not going to happen unless by athletic you mean hiking.  Or yoga pants, lol.  I have those.

Coffee!

• Like 4

Susan, I hope you get the wedding music straightened out.

For my wedding, I chose the "standard" processional and recessional and then told the pianist and organist that they could just play some of their favorite hymns from the hymnal for the prelude. 

I was planning the wedding from out of state and the organist was eight and a half months pregnant (and it wasn't her first baby).  I wanted to make it as simple as possible, also knowing that I might not have an organist at my wedding.  (The baby waited until the week after my wedding to be born.) :)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Junie said:

Susan, I hope you get the wedding music straightened out.

For my wedding, I chose the "standard" processional and recessional and then told the pianist and organist that they could just play some of their favorite hymns from the hymnal for the prelude. 

I was planning the wedding from out of state and the organist was eight and a half months pregnant (and it wasn't her first baby).  I wanted to make it as simple as possible, also knowing that I might not have an organist at my wedding.  (The baby waited until the week after my wedding to be born.) 🙂

❤️

• Like 2

Dd got the apartment she put in the application for.  I'm not sure what happened to the person who was on the list before her but we're happy she'll have a place to live.  (we wouldn't have let her be homeless but the options weren't great).   

Younger dd goes back for a follow-up about her adhd meds.  The dose she tried didn't have any side effects but also doesn't seem to have helped anything.   She doesn't really like the doctor but there were evidently some misunderstandings last time where she felt he wasn't taking her seriously, but he was doing what she was hoping for.  Dh took her last time and I wasn't there so we'll see how it goes this time.  She's not doing therapy or anything, just med checks so I'm not sure how important a personality mismatch is. 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Wheres Toto said:

Dd got the apartment she put in the application for.  I'm not sure what happened to the person who was on the list before her but we're happy she'll have a place to live.  (we wouldn't have let her be homeless but the options weren't great).   

Younger dd goes back for a follow-up about her adhd meds.  The dose she tried didn't have any side effects but also doesn't seem to have helped anything.   She doesn't really like the doctor but there were evidently some misunderstandings last time where she felt he wasn't taking her seriously, but he was doing what she was hoping for.  Dh took her last time and I wasn't there so we'll see how it goes this time.  She's not doing therapy or anything, just med checks so I'm not sure how important a personality mismatch is. 

That's great news about the apartment!  We are going to have to help our oldest dd find an apartment over the summer since she is out of state.  We are 3-1/2 hours away, but that's closer than Colorado, lol.

Hope you can get a good sense of the new doctor and some recommendations on the meds today - those can be tricky to navagate. 

• Like 2

Xena put on her battle gear:  weed whacking pantz and a compression top to support core and shoulder muscles and started her “full out assault “ on the backyard. Aka Xena’s Rumble in the Jungle. 

Weed whacked one section. 

Remowed all the previously whacked and mowed sections where the jungle was trying to reestablish itself. 

Very careful mowed another section of three foot high weeds and grass until the mower conked out and so did I. 

Note:  despite all this work there is still a good third of the backyard that is still pristine jungle. But I guess that is for another day. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Back from the neuropsych doctor.  And I can see why dd doesn't like the guy.  He's very abrupt, not at all friendly or personable.  But, she only has to see him for about 15 minutes, once a month while we get her medication figured out, so it's not a big deal.  If she does decide to do therapy of any kind we will find a different doctor.  

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Wheres Toto said:

That's great news about the apartment!  We are going to have to help our oldest dd find an apartment over the summer since she is out of state.  We are 3-1/2 hours away, but that's closer than Colorado, lol.

Hope you can get a good sense of the new doctor and some recommendations on the meds today - those can be tricky to navagate. 

• Like 1

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!

Friday Eve!!!

Portal finally opened for me. I always have to sneak in on someone’s coattails and that is hard to do most of the time. Today’s coattails belong to Susan.

Hot!!🔥🔥🔥🔥☀️☀️☀️☀️🔥🔥🔥🔥☀️☀️😩😩😩😩

School and work. Tomorrow is the last day of school. I will be so glad. I am ready for this school year to be done!! It’s been a rough year, all the way to the end.

Last night the girls and I went shopping in the Big City, while DS went to a new youth group. Target and Old Navy. My two favorite stores.

Susan, I hope you got the wedding music figured out.  When I got married we had a string trio.  I requested three songs.... the traditional entrance and exit pieces for weddings and “Be Still My Soul” (Sibelius) for the bridesmaid’s entrance, and the rest of it I just told them to play “wedding music.” It was all very nice.

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 5

Morning.  We're going to have a super rainy, heavy thunderstorms day.  And I have  a service guy coming to take a look at my air conditioner at the science center.  It's not working and it's going to be in the 90's for three days next week.   The unit is outside in an alleyway so that should be fun if the guy comes in the middle of a thunderstorm.  It's also too cold today to test it so that should be interesting.

So, I'm stuck hanging out waiting until the guy comes sometime between noon and 4pm.    It's not like I don't have work I could do though.

• Like 4

I don't remember all my wedding music.  Was I supposed to remember that in addition to all the other Important Things?  I do remember a solo I requested from the Best Man.  It was a song with particular meaning to me.  I still love that song.  He actually sang it while I walked down the aisle.  I was super super nervous and my face was twitching from stress.  I focused on the song and it calmed me down.  Afterwards nobody said anything at all about my facial twitches until my uncle blurted out, "Boy, you sure were twitching!"  It broke the ice which I was actually grateful for! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Xena's lower body resistance training exercises done.  Time is relative.  Sixty seconds is much longer when doing ab exercises!

It's that big ball of wibbly wobbly timey wimey.

I am eating an apple and Greek yogurt with some peanut butter.  Have to head over to the park in a couple minutes to help set up for VBS.

I think we have the wedding music worked out because the Cello Lady mentioned the correct name of the song and it took less than an hour for me to get an arrangement of it made up.  I'm not sure what she was thinking would happen if I hadn't volunteered to do it - you can't just show up at a wedding and play any old thing for the bride to come down to unless the bride tells you to play just any old thing (which to my knowledge has only happened ONCE in the history of weddings).  And if the bride asks you to play something for which music doesn't exist, you tell her it's not possible and hand her a list of music that CAN be done.  Sigh.  I have to stop agreeing to play for Cello Lady. 

• Like 3

So hypothetically speaking if you've been doing pretty well and not eating a lot of sugar, especially not crappy baked goods sugar.  And say hypothetically speaking that you went out to lunch with your eldest child and had a truly massive baked good as desert that was truly massive amounts of sugar.  And say that you've been feeling tired and crappy ever since and are thinking it could be due to that massive amount of sugar.   How long would you expect to feel crappy before getting back to normal?  

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

Good morning!

I feel like we have too many plates spinning this weekend, but I think we have things covered.  Turns out that Dh is going to have to drive to Memphis today to meet dd22 at the airport and get her the Things for the wedding she is in and be on hand to take care of any car rental issues that may arise.  So he will be gone all day and I will have to deal with All The Other Things.

Did I tell you we ordered new living room furniture through the Modsy design thing?  I think we will like it.  The sofa particularly is an absolutely gorgeous dark brown leather which was on sale for 60% off.  Not sure when it will all be coming.  Probably in a month or so.

If you were dd22's pair of drawstring black running shorts, where would you be hiding?

Coffee!

• Like 3

Happy Friday.   I have to run by the science center to see if the AC is still working but otherwise I'm sticking around home since dd is trying out the higher dose adhd meds today.    

Dh is heading down to his moms this weekend so I'm going to be mostly cleaning, although I do have to work on some classes (nope, I didn't do it when I had ALLLLLLL week).   

Tomorrow we are meeting dd's friend at the lake for kayaking and swimming.   I need to make sure I take time for stuff like that this summer and not get too caught up in chores. But I also have to make sure I put in the time to do the chores.   I need to find a balance.  Not my strong point but I really need to. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Wheres Toto said:

So hypothetically speaking if you've been doing pretty well and not eating a lot of sugar, especially not crappy baked goods sugar.  And say hypothetically speaking that you went out to lunch with your eldest child and had a truly massive baked good as desert that was truly massive amounts of sugar.  And say that you've been feeling tired and crappy ever since and are thinking it could be due to that massive amount of sugar.   How long would you expect to feel crappy before getting back to normal?  

Depends on why the sugar is making you feel crappy.  Did it give you high blood sugars?  Then I would expect it to level out in a couple of hours, especially if you eat some protein later to sort of even things out.  (PS - you might want to have your doctor do a hemoglobin a1c on you to see how your blood sugar levels have been over time.  Though you might be managing a pre-diabetic or diabetic problem on your own simply by avoiding carbs/sugars.  )

• Like 2