Menu

I've been reading mostly light romances or dystopian literature from Kindle Unlimited.   Something I can easily put down when I need to do other things, then pick it up again later.   Anything that's really good, I want to finish in one sitting so either stay up way too late at night or fail to get other things done.  

ETA:  A bad book booya (okay not BAD, just not exactly fine literature.  or grammatically correct in any way)

Edited by Wheres Toto
  • Like 3
  • Replies 192.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You know, saying "ignore this thread" to this group is like saying "don't push the big red button!" 

Homeschoolers.     They always think the rules don't apply to them.

Yesterday, I decided to wash her hair.  She had been in the hospital bed for two weeks, and it was dirty.  So I managed to do it.  I dried it and curled it and sprayed it.  Nan asked for make up, and

So, when I say "bad" about kindle unlimited, it's not that I think all reading has to be fine literature.   I actually LOVE romances (we have a romance author on here and I really enjoyed her books).  It's just that so much of the free stuff on Kindle Unlimited is truly awful.   Very awkward writing, unrealistic characters, discontinuity problems.    I have definitely found things worth reading, and I have a few favorite authors that I read a lot of stuff from.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Wheres Toto said:

So, when I say "bad" about kindle unlimited, it's not that I think all reading has to be fine literature.   I actually LOVE romances (we have a romance author on here and I really enjoyed her books).  It's just that so much of the free stuff on Kindle Unlimited is truly awful.   Very awkward writing, unrealistic characters, discontinuity problems.    I have definitely found things worth reading, and I have a few favorite authors that I read a lot of stuff from.

I agree with you here. I don’t do Kindle, but I am looking for something that is semi-well-written.

• Like 2

Garden report:

I am trying to re-calibrate my thinking to gardening for gardening sake.  Ie. weeding for weeding sake.  I actually enjoy my time out there and it is good for me so it shouldn't be hard to do.

I weeded this morning for an hour. 

Then after lunch, chiropractor and errands, I changed into my weed-whacking pantz and went out for my ten minutes of weed whacking. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I survived AFSA (barely) and all the other doings.  I was able to get a string quartet recital flyer made that I was generally happy with so that's done.  I also rearranged "Let Me Down Easy" for string trio instead of quartet because suprise! Lol.  It wasn't too difficult.  So that's a couple things off my List of Things To Stress Over.

I realized today that I haven't made/ordered any graduation announcements for my two graduates.  There's not a big rush for that.

• Like 1

We finished On the Edge of the Dark Sea of Darkness today.  I wasn't terribly impressed with it.  Had some good quirks and interesting parts but I just didn't find the characters, setting, or story terribly compelling.  And it was awkward to read aloud.  Not as awkward as G.A. Henty, but enough.  Maybe the surgery has addled my brain.

We'll start Because of Winn Dixie tomorrow.  I cheated and read the first few chapters already. 😁

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 1

Good morning!

I am determined to get myself outside to hike a hill this morning.  Don't want to, but the ground has dried up and it's not supposed to rain until this afternoon and it needs to be done.  Maybe I can get dd to come with me.  

I need to start making lists.  My parents will be here a week from tomorrow and there are Things that need to be done in preparation.  Like moving dh's work space so they have a place to sleep.

Coffee!

• Like 3