Menu

Ignore this thread!

This morning I noticed that Aria was having a nail problem.  I captured her and held her close until her "little squeaks of love" aka terror , subsided.  Then I clipped those nails.  I still haven't done all of them but I can only terrorize her for a bit at a time.  After I released her back into the cage she burrowed under Rusty's tummy for comfort. 

• Like 4

Morning, Happy Friday!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm glad this week is done.  Just one more week and my schedule starts to ease off some.  At least for about a month, then camps start.   Camps are 9am to 4pm every single day of the week, which will be a little rough, but I have a full week off in between every one of them so it shouldn't be too bad.   And they are all ones I've done before and not as intense as classes so there's not much planning.  Which is a good thing because I want to have ALL my fall classes and ALL of homeschooling planned before fall.

Still don't know if we are expanding.  I sent a note to the landlord and realtor that we need to know if we're taking the space in the next few weeks or it won't be a viable option for us. 

I have an interview with a new teacher candidate next week.   I know her a little bit already from 4-H Fairs, and she's good friends with two of my -more than acquaintance but not quite super close- friends.  I think she'd be perfect so hopefully she'll be interested and nothing will come up to make it not work.  

• Like 4

Morning. Still drafting. It's rainy today, which usually means a great day to write. I have cleaning and some cooking to do, though.

Yes, it's the same as yesterday. Only add laundry. Which is tough because I haven't had a dryer in about two months, and let me tell you, it's hard to dry laundry outside when it keeps raining all the time! Cue song.

• Like 5

Good morning!

The high school formal dinner last night was wonderful.  The tutorial directors always do an amazing job putting together a special night for the kids.  

Dh was able to repair dd18's diploma enough so you don't notice the puppy chewing on it.  Chester and I have reconciled, lol.

I need to get laundry in and remind dd22 a million times to return her Amazon textbook rental.  We are pet-sitting a neighbor's budgie and so there is extra bird noise around here all the time.  Dh is at his second chiropractor visit for this week.  He went on Wednesday and said he felt so amazing after his adjustment that he was totally sold on this doctor.  Today they will go over his xrays or whatever in detail.

Dd22 is finishing her packing and dh and I and dd18 need to start packing.

Laundry!

Coffee!

• Like 4

Welp I am almost packed for Sunday.  We need to gather a few more odds and ends.  And I got the two loads of laundry done.

A while back I bought 3 or 4 of those inexpensive "stores in its own pocket" day packs and now I can't find any of them.  I expect they have gone on an expedition without us.   

Dd18 brought back balloons and a card and a fancy donut from work for her graduation - 🥰 what a sweet thing for them to do!

• Like 3

So many things that need to be done and scheduled and submitted but can't be done because Other People are not getting me the Things!  Stomach now hurting.  Imma get some ulcers.

Also we are out of sugar!  Horrors!  😂

It's a Sugar Free Booyah!

ITT Fight Song

We are ITT

a happy lucky posting family

We are ITT

Get up everybody and sing!

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I am sorry that things have been stressful, Susan. 

It's OK.  Just a lot going on today - dd22 is trying to pack for her flight in the morning and is having a hard time fitting all the things she needs in her 2 suitcases.  And getting ready for dd18's graduation tomorrow and trying to pack to leave on Sunday.  And things due for the backpacking trip that I didn't realize I needed, like a tetanus shot.  And despite all the medical center portals, none of them have any records of my or dd14's physicals that we've had this past year and needed to submit paperwork for two weeks ago.  Svengo.  Imma go eat some more chocolate.  It will all get worked out.

• Like 3

Good morning!

Our little neighbor rang the doorbell at 7am with a basket of stuffed animals.  Lol sweet girl.  I think she was hoping to be able to play with the girls before the graduation hubbub.

Dh just left to take dd22 to the airport.  She couldn't fit a pillow in her luggage so we gave her a couple tiny backpacking pillows to take along.  We can probably send her a pillow via Amazon later if she needs it.

The budgie that we are pet-sitting has a chirp like a squeaky office chair.  It's weird.

Coffee!

• Like 3

Morning.  It's Saturday!!!!!  

I met with the realtor and landlord last night about expanding.  There going to talk to the existing renter who has it until the end of the year, then write up an addendum to my current lease, then we can negotiate.   So progress but still up in the air on if we'll be able to come to an agreement.  They want more than what would be market value right now, but it's less than they are currently getting so they don't want to come too low.  I'm below market value in my current space so we're looking to have things average out to a decent rate.  

Dd (13, almost 14) decided I wasn't going short enough when cutting her hair so she did it herself in the middle of the night last night.   It came out really cute IMO.  She did the technique I use of making a ponytail/pigtails and cutting, which makes really nice layers.  And she has nice thick wavy hair that just lies so nicely.   I wish my hair would do that, but if I cut it that short it would be sticking straight out in a frizzy mess without a ton of work with curling irons/flat irons/blow dryers and hair spray.   

Before this it was just below shoulder length.

20210522_095910.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!~D

It’s Saturday!! I had a very nice sleep-in this morning.

We have continued to have very pleasant and cool weather. Yesterday a little weather system brought a bit of snow to the mountains.

Today.... not many plans.  I do need to go grocery shopping. The question is... do I brave the AFSA, which I really do not want to do, or do I go to the local grocery store? What answers that question will be if I need other things besides groceries.

I love DD’s hair, Toto. Cute style and beautiful color.

• Like 4

I didn't do any yard work at all today.  Or any Xena workouts.  But I did a bunch of errands including taking care of a bunch of things for a lady in our church who is dealing with her mother's belongings after she passed away recently.  And I cleaned the bunny cage "good enough".  Let me just say - bunnies are poopy! 

• Like 2

DS ended the year with a cumulative 90 for his two Russian I semesters with CLRC. I’ll take it.  He could not care less.  

I’m traveling a lot for work.  

Trying to get the local high school to respond to me with regard to signing him up for classes next semester.  I’m probably supposed to be doing something I know nothing about.  I don’t even care.  How bad is that? I’m like, meh.  If he shows up they have to deal with him, right? 😂 I’ll figure it out.  Eventually.

Oh, they finally contacted me about the EOY Algebra I exam.  Less than two weeks before and only AFTER I bugged them again with a string of emails.  DS thinks he didn’t do well. Questions were in a different format than his book. And he doesn’t do well with timed tests. We shall see.  Won’t be horrible if he has to retake Algebra I.

• Like 6

Morning.   Happy Sunday.  It's going to be super hot here today so I'm thinking I'm just going to stay inside with the air conditioning.   I have my usual class plans to work on (but almost done with that!!).

It looks like we may not be expanding.   Landlords aren't willing to negotiate at all (at least are giving that appearance) and what they are asking for is quite a bit higher than market right now and MUCH higher than we are currently paying.   We don't HAVE to expand, we are already growing next year by hiring another teacher and doing more classes in our current space.    If we give it another year or two (and make sure covid is really done), we can move into a new location easily.   This would have been nice because less moving costs, established location, etc but it's not our only option.  

• Like 3

Good Morning!

Happy Sunday!

Church and Iglesia this morning.

I'm back after giving up the internet for a week.  I was able to get a lot done.  I finished a ton of reading.  

Now if I could just learn to use the internet in moderation...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The Portal opened.   I got in. Woohoo!!

Churched this morning. Laying around this afternoon, but I do need to go to the supermarket. Didn’t get around to it yesterday. I planted some plants yesterday.  Watched Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl with the little girls last night, everyone else was gone. Cannot get enough of Will Turner!! 

• Like 2

Good morning!  It’s The Queen’s favorite day!!

We had an AMAZING day of adventure yesterday though with very little cell service so couldn’t get back here. Las Vegas, Zion National Park, Horseshoe Bend, and the AFSA of Page, AZ.  Our electronics can’t seem to decide if we are on Mountain Time or Pacific Time, but it’s OK, we’re on VACATION!

Here is the view we awoke to this morning - certainly fit for a queen. 

Coffee!

423FE756-51EC-4438-BEAF-73D139E47087.jpeg

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

IKSLO!!  Hey girl. 😁 You didn’t tell me they don’t make you take off your shoes in the airport any more!  

🎉🎈Also, today is the 1st birthday of Sir Pups-a-lot. Happy Birthday, Chester! 🎈🎉

Depends on the airport!  And sometimes I have to take out my laptop and sometimes I don’t.  I haven’t had to have my liquids in a separate bag outside of my carry-on lately, either, come to think of it.  

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

Good Morning!

Happy Tuesday!

Plowing through my to-do list.  I got a lot done yesterday, but the house is still a mess so it doesn't feel like I did much of anything.  I think there is some cleaning and some chocolate in our future.

• Like 4

Weeded a couple of zones and then knocked out the new area completely. As much as you can knock something out when one area is connected to another to another to another. 

One of my neighbors made me jump three feet in the area. Not on purpose but she was so quiet walking up behind me and I was wrestling with a thick mat of roots that I didn’t hear her at all!  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

The Portal opened for me. Woohoo!! I’m just sipping on some lemonade and getting some work done. It’s a lovely day outside. The little girls have two friends over and they are playing in the front yard.  I’m trying to figure out what to have for dinner.

• Like 4

Hello,  Everyone was more successful than I was this morning.  But I also didn't have much time since I did meet dd for walking and yoga this morning.  

We're having a hot icky week, the kids are all being lunatics, and I have three days more to get through before I'm off all of next week.   It's been a rough week already.

• Like 5

Hello,  Everyone was more successful than I was this morning.  But I also didn't have much time since I did meet dd for walking and yoga this morning.  

We're having a hot icky week, the kids are all being lunatics, and I have three days more to get through before I'm off all of next week.   It's been a rough week already.

• Like 1