• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You know, saying "ignore this thread" to this group is like saying "don't push the big red button!" 

Homeschoolers.     They always think the rules don't apply to them.

Daddy update:  Yesterday, the doctors decided to put in a trach and a feeding tube. He's been intubated for 7 days. The longest they can keep you intubated is 14 days. After that, the risk of infecti

5 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Good morning!

We are going to the Big City Art Museum this morning to see the Picasso exhibit.  I should probably Pantz.

Coffee!

Somehow I don't think that Picasso would think that pantz were necessary.  😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
3 hours ago, Wheres Toto said:

Okay, so that's a bit of a depressing booya but whatever.

Speaking of houses - attached are the before and after for my house.  The siding is done, next is some clean-up and inside work. 

20201009_172249.jpg

20210419_151316.jpg

Same color combination of siding and trim on my house! 

• Like 4
6 hours ago, Wheres Toto said:

Super weird night last night.  I have to look and see what my Fitbit says.  

Around 2am, dh's phone rings.  By the time I get up to get it (our bed is wedged into a room on three sides and I'm on the open side so it's easier for me to get up), missed call but unknown number.   Then while considering what to do, we hear what sounds like a knock on the door.  Turn on the outside light, nobody is there.  Ds comes out of his room and tells us he heard a crash in the kitchen, thought someone was in the house so called his dad's phone (from a friend's discord account somehow? Definitely need to follow up on that when he wakes up).  Check the kitchen, a shelf in the pantry/laundry room had fallen dropping stuff all over the floor (high shelf, over my head, things like honey, peanut butter, etc. on it, somehow neither dh nor I heard anything yet heard the phone ring).   Nothing broke so we left it for morning and went back to bed but I feel like I never quite fully dropped off again.  

Ds is on the spectrum so his methods of responding to things aren't always typical but I feel like this was pretty oddball even for him.  "His" phone (more a house phone) was in the living room so he didn't want to open his door to grab it.  Dog never barked until the knocking. 

Toto - my Aspie would probably react exactly as yours did. 

• Like 4

Gardening report:

Zone 1:  Yesterday I got one small section done.  Today I went to the next one.  It's much easier than what's been because instead of hacking out sod this section has a thick section of loose pine mulch that makes everything really easy to weed.

Zone 2:  Today I got another small section done.  Tomorrow I go on to the next one.

Zone 3:  just plugging away

I have decided that my pantz-that-don't-stay-up are now my weed whacking pantz.  I did ten minutes of weed whacking.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I have discovered that the hardest places to weed are ironically the areas where the previous owner put down landscape fabric because the grass and weeds have impregnated the landscape fabric.  So I'm ripping out the old landscape fabric wherever I can. 

This reminded me of a story that my mom used to tell in Sunday school and in Children's evangelism meetings.  It was about a boy who stole his sister's homemade doll that was filled with seeds.  He buried it and after awhile there was a doll shaped weedy spot that came up.  My mom didn't make up this story - it was in some S.S. book or something like that.  But the story made a huge impression on me as a child. 

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I have discovered that the hardest places to weed are ironically the areas where the previous owner put down landscape fabric because the grass and weeds have impregnated the landscape fabric.  So I'm ripping out the old landscape fabric wherever I can. 

This reminded me of a story that my mom used to tell in Sunday school and in Children's evangelism meetings.  It was about a boy who stole his sister's homemade doll that was filled with seeds.  He buried it and after awhile there was a doll shaped weedy spot that came up.  My mom didn't make up this story - it was in some S.S. book or something like that.  But the story made a huge impression on me as a child. 

What was the moral of the story?  Be sure your sin will find you out?

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Junie said:

@Wheres Toto I love your new avatar!

Thank you.   I had been meaning to do something about the cut off quote since they got switched from square to circles (years ago?) and never got around to it.  I was inspired by all the new avatars on Indigo Blue's thread.

• Like 4

Krissi, do you have your new coffee maker yet?  I need some!  I left the house without coffee to take ds to the gym!  Also, one of my tires is a little low, so I’m hoping it holds out until the afternoon. 😬😬😬

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!~D is not ready yet. Lynn, do you have any left?? I think my new coffeemaker is supposed to come today.

Friday, thank goodness.

School and work. 

• Like 3
55 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

Krissi, do you have your new coffee maker yet?  I need some!  I left the house without coffee to take ds to the gym!  Also, one of my tires is a little low, so I’m hoping it holds out until the afternoon. 😬😬😬

Because of the flakiness of the portal, I did not see this until after I had posted. No, coffeemaker has not gotten here, yet. Supposed to be today. I’m still using the old one. But it is just a mess.   My mom is sure there is crud build up inside and told me to run distilled vinegar through it. I did last night, but it didn’t seem to help any.

• Like 2

Good Morning!

Happy Friday!

It's a vacation day for everyone except dh.  He actually had to go into the office today for, I think, the third time in the last year.

• Like 3
18 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Somehow I don't think that Picasso would think that pantz were necessary.  😉

15 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

You are totally right about that! 😂

Yep! I would agree with that, too, after a “lovely” small exhibit I saw in San Francisco once containing some pretty nasty pencil drawings of his. 

• Like 2

Good morning!

We have a bit of coffee left in the pot if anyone needs some.  (Ds25 is still sleeping, so you can have his.  He made himself a cup of coffee at 9:00 last night, so I am thinking he was up all night working on a project.) 

Dh is going to drive dd18 to work, then go to a couple stores, then bring the kids to the county pool to swim some laps.  Dh and ds16 are going to BSA Sea Base in a few months and have to pass the swim test - the other girls are going for swimming fun.

Tonight the two youngest are going on a scout campout for the weekend.  I am supposed to be arranging one of dh's piano compositions for the kids' string quartet.

Chester the Silly Pup was just in my room JUMPING UP AND DOWN ON MY BED like a little kid.  What a goofball. 

Coffee! 

• Like 2

Today's my oldest dd's 27th birthday.   I don't understand how she's so old while I"m still so young.

We worked out today but we're celebrating on Sunday.  She's coming over for dinner and dh will make her favorites.   I asked her if her boyfriend was coming and she said she'd ask him, but then said he won't get vaccinated and they aren't being careful at work when they don't interact with the public.  The whole group had Covid but we have a lot of variants and its going to be torrential rain on Sunday so we can't be outside, so I kind of rescinded the "invitation" for him to come.   Dh is in a vulnerable spot right now with his heart troubles, my mom is in her 70's, I will only have my second shot on Sunday, and the kids aren't eligible.   I kind of feel bad but she seemed to understand.

• Like 4

I drove yesterday and today.  No problems with my neck or anything, though I still can't hold my head up completely straight or look upwards enough to see the "items in this aisle" signs in the grocery store.  I have to hunch my shoulders and lean over like a crazy person.  Just letting my true nature show through.  🤪

• Like 3

Good Morning!

Happy Saturday!

I made a to-do list for this weekend.  Now to see if I get anything accomplished...  Almost all of it is stuff I don't want to do.

• Like 4

Good morning!

I slept so late - 8:00!  Dh is taking dd18 to work.  I need to banish goats before dog training class.  Ds16 has an in-person cello lesson this morning, and dh is taking him to that.

It rained all night, so no pre-class dog park for today.  Which means Sir Pups-a-lot will be an extra handful at class today.  Sigh.  

Coffee!

• Like 4

I'm home alone!  This is so weird!  Two youngest are camping, ds16 and dh at cello lesson, dd18 at work, dd22 at school, and ds25 at a friend's house.  Just me and the pup, who is napping.  I guess I should get ready to go to obedience class.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Susan in TN said:

How is your remodeling project going?

Shower glass should be installed this week, city inspector has to come back, and a few other little details. It looks a squillion times better, though, like the whole room was sprayed down with Eighties-Be-Gone. 🙂

This week I want to get to the laundromat and wash blankets and make sure all the dust is out of them. And hopefully do a bunch of other cleaning.

I'm thinking about the Take Your House Back e-course. Has anybody tried it? Worth the $?

• Like 3

I played ukulele and sang all by myself.  Chester was not impressed, lol.  He did pretty well at obedience class.  He stayed in place even when I walked all the way to the door and rattled the doorknob.  The trainer suggested I leave it at that for now (the other people were walking outside).  At one point Chester invited the German Shepherd to do the Doodle Dance, but we had to shut that down pretty quick, lol.  Too much chaos!

In other news, since you all have been absolutely no help in redesigning my living room, I think I'm going to join Modsy and let one of their designers give it a try.  I have a coupon for 30% off.

• Like 5

I have all my classes through Wednesday fully planned out and finalized.  I have Thursdays blocked out but they could need a little tweaking.   

I was going to try out the first part of my walk to the science center today but dh really thinks walking across the golf course is a bad idea, especially on a weekend.  It's not very big so I'd almost definitely be in the way of someone trying to play golf, which would bring attention to the fact that I technically don't belong there (technically the ground closest to the river should be public).   

I decided to walk to our lake instead.  It's only 1.7 miles but I have to walk along the really bad street outside my neighborhood but not for long.  It's very hilly and winding, and people drive too fast and there's bikers and no sidewalks and no real shoulder along most of it.   That part wasn't too bad and only took a few minutes, it was 1/3 of a mile.    Worst part was there were a lot of hills.  And I didn't bring any water and it was in the 70's today.  And I forgot to use my inhaler before I left.  And was probably a little late with my benedryl.     I made it in about 30 minutes (leisurely walk due to hills, heat, etc) and then called dh to come pick me up.  😁

I probably would have attempted the walk home IF the clubhouse had been open so I could get a drink of water.   I probably would have tried anyway if most of the way home was down hill, but there were a few pretty steep hills I came down that I would have had to go back up.  

All in all it was a nice walk.  Partially lake side, quiet neighborhoods for the rest.  The street I don't like wasn't that bad, more space to walk than I thought.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

My kayaking group is starting to schedule some trips again.  First one is Tuesday but I have to teach plus I'm not sure I'll feel up to kayaking after getting my shot tomorrow.  I did sign up to do one next Sunday so hopefully the weather will cooperate.   

I went on Amazon to order a new paddle, waterproof bag, and life jacket.  I don't usually wear a life jacket since I'm a good swimmer, never alone, not required, etc. but I've been using one of the kids kayaks which I'm slightly over the weight limit at this point.  So in addition to sitting real low in the water (reason for the waterproof bag), I don't feel overly stable.  I wanted a new paddle because the one place we go has a ramp that you can use your paddle across notches on each side to pull in and out of the water and my current paddle isn't long enough to reach across (it was just a 6 footer).   

Then dh said I could order a new kayak for my birthday!  Which actually isn't until July. 😄  We pick it up from Dick's Sporting Goods tomorrow.  It's a 10 footer, fishing kayak with a weight limit 100 pounds more than the other ones.  Dh can use it to go fishing too.   

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

It's raining here too.   Why do I always wake up feeling dryer when it's raining outside?  That doesn't make any senses.  

I just finished my first cup of tea, oatmeal and sitting with my Happy Light.   Once I have my second cup of tea, I'm running to the science center and maybe my storage unit to pick up a few things (and should drop off a few things, I'm having an open house the next two weekends and should do some cleaning up), then home for lunch, go pick up my kayak, then off to get my shot (which is at the same mall as my kayak).    Dinner with mom and dd this evening.  

Somewhere in there I should set up school for the kids.  It was kind of neglected last week.   Dd is about to hit a point in math (polynomials) that I think she's going to need more help so I may give her practice stuff until I'm done with classes end of may so then I can sit with her more often as she tackles that subject.  

• Like 3

Today was weigh-in day and I lost 2.6 pounds.   I was actually lower earlier in the week but I tend to fluctuate all over the place.   I used all my daily points, most fitness points, but not all my weekly points.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Good Morning!

Happy Sunday!

Church and Iglesia!

I really need to call my mom today and try to figure out a visit with her.  We haven't seen her since January 2020.  Truthfully, I'm not looking forward to it.  I have a hard time getting along with my mom.  I don't know why, but I do.  I think it's just a personality clash.

Once that visit is set up, then we need to set up a visit with my FIL.  And quarantine the kids as necessary.  Camp for dd14 (and maybe dd13) is in June.  And dd16 needs to get a job.  And she wants to go back to church orchestra after she is fully vaccinated.

Life is getting back to normal and I'm kind of not ready.

• Like 5

Good morning!

We’re on our way to church. Dh is dropping us off and then heading to the Scout campground to pick up the Two Youngest. 

Coffee!

It's a Sunday Morning Coffee Booyah!

COFFEE!!

And this is the best Booya/h in the whole world because it is a COFFEE Booya/h!! (Imagine, if you will, yours truly planting a flag that says "Booya/h" in big, bold letters and a cup of COFFEE under it! on the Rocky summit of.... The tall craggy mountain in the middle of the ITT Island, where we have our lodge. This lodge is in the middle of a forest with hardwood floors and throw rugs and huge stone fireplaces and wrap around porches with comfy Adirondack chairs. This is what I'm talking about.) (I think my imagination is getting the better of me).  

KrissiK Documentation of the ITT Flag 5/1/2017

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 4

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!~D

Sunday!!!

Church!!

The portal opened. Woohoo!! DH and I went to the nursery yesterday and got a crape myrtle and a bunch of ferns.  We are going to replace the redwood we took out with the crape myrtle. However, there is a huge root that DH can’t get out, so we are going to have to call the tree guy back and see if he can bring over his root grinder and grind down more.

• Like 3
On 4/22/2021 at 9:43 AM, Wheres Toto said:

Our concerns were more the type you normally feel after a middle of the night phone call, especially considering how bad off dh's mom is.  

I got a middle of the night call last night, though it took me a minute to figure out what I was hearing  - I changed the ringtones for family members and hadn’t heard ds25’s yet. I accidentally locked him out of the house. Oops. 

• Like 4