Menu

Ignore this thread!

Happy Saturday!   I didn't get up to work out with dd today.  Yesterday was her boyfriends birthday so they were out late.  She didn't send me the message until around midnight though, so I still got up at 6am, then dh asked who texted at midnight, so I looked and then went back to bed.  

Three more weeks until Memorial Day when I'm off for a week.  I plan to clean house that whole week.  It's a wreck.  

Dd's adhd meds don't seem to be doing anything.  No side effects, but none of the effects we are looking for either.  We go back Memorial Day week to do a check and tweak things. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Do you like the designs?  Are they "you"?

I do like them - I would totally love to live in either design. There will be a lot of tweaking -  initial designs are a starting point and then we give feedback on what we like and what we'd like to change.  For instance, my favorite design involves a large white area rug, and it looks great, but my family deals in way too much mud to be able to pull off white, lol.  

Each design comes with "photos" of your new room from 3 angles, a 3D panorama thing, and a design layout - they really help me see how the colors work together and how the furniture will actually fit in the room.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Good morning!

I have to get moving and get dressed to bring dd to work, then we have our last training class with the pup.  This afternoon is ds16's cello recital - it's an hour away, so it will be a long afternoon and evening.  I'm going to try to get something in the instant pot for dinner that can be ready by the time we are home.

Coffee!

• Like 1

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!!~D

Saturday!!

I slept till almost 8:00 this morning!! It sure felt good. And DH closed the bedroom door so no affection-seeking kitties would come in and wake me up.

Not much going on today!! Housework, I need to go to the AFSA (svengo). 

• Like 4

Good Morning.  Happy Mother's Day.   I'm relaxing after having breakfast and tea (pancakes which I haven't eaten in a long time and actually left me feeling kind of blech).    I think dh is making salmon on the grill for dinner so that should be good and somewhat light.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Critterfixer said:

Morning. It's way too early. Woke up screaming with a muscle crap at midnight, and apparently for the first time ever, the phone decided I needed to wake up to the radio at 6:07, playing full blast. I am not amused.

Booo!  That is NOT the way to start Mother's Day!  Surely things will get better from here!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Critterfixer said:

Morning. It's way too early. Woke up screaming with a muscle crap at midnight, and apparently for the first time ever, the phone decided I needed to wake up to the radio at 6:07, playing full blast. I am not amused.

PICKLE JUICE!!

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Booo!  That is NOT the way to start Mother's Day!  Surely things will get better from here!

They did. I made an executive decision that I am fit company for no one, and packed off the children and the husband to go to MILs without me. Therefore, I can inflict my less-that-pleasant temper on no one, and a quiet, peaceful house with sleeping cats was just what I needed for the day!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!~D

Monday!!😩😩😩😩

School and work.

4 weeks until school is out. It cannot come soon enough. I have a long staff meeting today. 
It’s supposed to heat up this week. Almost to 100 degrees. I hope this is not a harbinger of the summer to come.

Had a good Mother’s Day yesterday. Went to my Aunt’s house. Their home and yard are like a magazine. Just beautiful.

• Like 5

Migraine is better, but I feel exhausted.

I took a nap from 10-11:30, napped again from 12-1:45, and I'm about ready to go back to bed.

I ate a little bit of lunch and now I'm going to go take my iron supplement.  This feels like anemia (again).

• Like 3

The HVAC guy is here for an inspection and I feel like I can't do anything until he's gone, so I'm sitting here and holding the pup.  I've had a busy day so far - made a long family chore list for the week (prepping for parents' arrival on Friday), dropped off dd at work, went to get my hair cut, stopped at the grocery store next door to pick up a few things, stopped at Goodwill and found a few things for the girls, got home, lunch, picked up dd from work, helped her mail graduation ceremony invitations, and did the general helping with kids' stuff.  Oh, and did laundry.  And helped dds get the settings right to wash their quilts.

I am trying to decide what chore to do when the guy is gone.  I think I will work on cleaning the fridge.  At some point I need to get together a picnic lunch for dh and me for a youth symphony shindig tonight - they are honoring the graduating seniors.

Ds16 is vacuuming the bonus room.  Totally unprompted (though it is on the Big Chore List).  🏆

• Like 4

My pirate battle scar is itchy.

Also, my tick bites are itchy and driving me nuts.  I am just a tad bit paranoid because a guy from church is currently in the hospital with Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever.  I am pretty sure I got the ticks off within 48 hours but still.  

I should probably take a nap.  I've been awake since 3:30.

• Sad 3

Found another tick.  This one looked like a dog tick.  About twice the size of the previous tiny deer ticks.  Sigh. I'm just a big itchy mess.     

We went to the youth orchestra senior banquet/picnic and it was very nice.  The director is very engaging and made a point to make each student feel very special.  It was really the first time dd was able to actually talk and socialize with the other musicians.

When we got home I noticed that I'd managed to get (car?) grease on my only nice tan pants and now I'm grumpy.  I've been awake too long.  Did't get a single thing on my list even started.  Tomorrow a plumber is coming to fix a leaky pipe and the hose spigot. 

• Sad 3

Good morning!

Plumber is on his way.  I'm on my way out to hike up and down what we lovingly call Death Hill.  Hopefully some strenuous exercise will help my mental state because right now my brain is a big whirling scramble.  At least I slept pretty well last night.  I am ignoring the two giant baskets of laundry that need to be put away.  FIL had to go to the hospital last night and is having cardiac catheterization this morning.  

Coffee!

• Like 3

Good Morning.  Happy Tuesday.  

Three classes today with a late start but I've been up since 6am, met dd to walk and do yoga, now I'm putzing around on here when I should be doing some cleaning up.  I'll get on that after I finish posting this.

3 more weeks until Memorial Day.  I'm off that week, will do a ton of cleaning around the house then I finish classes for this year with some make-ups the following week.  

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Wheres Toto said:now I'm putzing around on here 

Which is as it should be.

2 hours ago, Junie said:

I didn't get to sleep until after 3, slept until 8:30, and I still have a headache.

Boo.

1 hour ago, Carolina Wren said:

Better figure out what's for lunch.

Cereal!

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Carolina Wren said:

DH is the only one here who eats cereal, and we're out of milk, but thanks.

I'm trying to streamline my use of time to feel less scattered. So much whack-a-mole.

You just described my life.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I cleaned the toilet.  Where's my chocolate payment? 

I'll send it.  😉 We currently are supplied with Mounds, Almond Joy, Hershey's, Reece's, York Peppermint Patties, Kit-Kats.  Probably something else that I'm not remembering...

Let me know.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2