Menu

Ignore this thread!

Good morning!

Yay for pineapple and dog parks!

We gave Chester a carrot last night and he had fun flinging and chasing it around the living room.

The weather has dried out so I am taking the pup to the dog park this morning before training class.  First I have to bring dd to work.  Dh is taking ds16 to his cello lesson this morning and Scouts after that.  The girls have a couple of friends coming over at noon and they will stay until youth group party/bonfire tonight. Also 4:00 zoom recital for all four Youngers.

Coffee!

• Like 3

Good Morning!

Happy Saturday!

Dh and I are looking at plants to put in front of the house.  We're thinking about maybe azaleas for next year.  And I am making sure that dh knows that I am willing to do none of the work.  I'm struggling to keep the house clean -- I don't want to have to spin another plate.

Edited by Junie
  • Like 3

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!~D

Saturday!!!

I finally convinced the Portal to open for me. Took a lot of persuading!!

It is May Day, y’all!!

Clean the house today!! Juice lemons. Open House tonight at DD’s school. I hope to do some years work, too. I went to the AFSA last night and did my grocery shopping, so I could have the whole day today and not have to dread  going over there and spending 2 hours.

• Like 3

Taking a few minutes to breathe.  Helped dd22 through the process of booking a flight online and ran to the grocery store because dd12 was making cupcakes and somehow we were out of cocoa powder.  Got dd18 to work and took pup to the dog park where he zoomed around like a grayhound on the racetrack, sniffed and greeted every dog present (must have been at least 30), and did some doodle dancing with a sweet Australian Cattle dog.  

Then we went to training class where he was a complete disaster.  Wouldn't pay a bit of attention to me and couldn't care less about treats.  Oh well.  Now he's sleeping under the living room curtain.

Picked up dd18 from work and now all the girls & friends have gone to the park.  I just got finished entering dd18's final grades and ordered a diploma for her.

I need to drink some more water.

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 4

Instead of water, I'm having coffee. 😊

Chester and another dog were racing at the dog park and they plowed into me and gave me a nice big bruise on my leg.

The little neighbor girl is here now.  She has been wanting to have a lemonade stand for a few days now, and my girls have been helping her, but no one has any little paper cups, and I'm not going to the store again and they can't use my regular glasses.  Such a meanie.  I suggested that they freeze the lemonade until they have everything they need.

• Like 1

I can’t believe the Portal is open again. The Portal gods are smiling on me.

Bedroom and bathroom are clean. Cleaned off dining room table, changed table cloth, threw out dead roses and replaced with another bouquet.

Hey, it’s a Booya/h!!

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Welp.  I let the little neighbor girl stay for the zoom recital against my better judgement.  And naturally, right in the middle of dd14's piece, her brother came and rang the doorbell (dd14 was playing right in front of the front door) and chaos ensued trying to get the girl to stop yelling about her brother's shirt (which was trapped upstairs) and hustle her out the back door.  🤪  Abigail was a pro and didn't miss a beat. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, KrissiK said:

I need to go check on my cucumber. It’s almost ready to pick.

I found another cucumber almost ready for picking. It was hiding behind some leaves and I was training the vines up the trellis and i found it. Woohoo!

Points for quoting myself.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Morning.   Turns out my kayaking trip was 10am, not 1pm.  Since dh won't be home that early my options were not go or bring dd.  This place is basically one where you launch, stay in the water for an hour or two and then get out at once.   I didn't really want her stuck in a kayak if she started feeling yucky from the meds.    So, we're going to our lake at 1pm instead and invited her friend that she's been hanging out with lately.   Our lake is smaller with a sandy beach so it's easy to get in and out whenever you want, can sit on the beach between runs in the kayaks.   Dd thinks they're going to swim but I"m not so sure.  It's supposed to hit a high of 79 but I'm sure that water is pretty cold.  I told the friends mom to send some warm clothes to put on after getting out if they do go in.  

I did get a bunch of classes done yesterday so I'm good until Wednesday at least.   I'll set up school when we get back tonight, then work on additional classes during the week.    I have four weeks left until Memorial Day, then that week off, then makeups from snow days for all except Wednesday and Friday classes.    Definitely in the home stretch of this year.  Then a few weeks off before my first summer camp.   Only 5 weeks of summer camp, with a week off in between each one, some may only run a half day.  

• Like 4

Good morning!

Jean, that pup must’ve sensed the value of having Xena on his side!

We got out our summer clothes over a month ago, and despite hours of effort, the Two Youngest still have not managed to get their clothes organized and put away. At some point this week I will need to spend a few hours with them and get it done already. 

It’s Sunday School hour.  After lunch I have to bring the Two Middles to their spring orchestra concert recording.  We got an email this morning that the outdoor concerts of the Two Youngest’s orchestra have been cancelled. Bah. I hate this year. 

In other news, my peonies are looking good and will probably be in full bloom in a couple weeks! 😊

Coffee!

• Like 4

Youth orchestra concert recording is done.  The kids said the concert hall was a really cool place.  I only saw the back parking lot, which was less than beautiful, lol.  That was dd18's last orchestra performance.  😭 Yesterday was her last violin recital.  😭😭  Friday was her last violin lesson with her beloved teacher. 😭😭😭

Time for afternoon coffee.  Maybe it will give me the courage to get done the things that need to be done.  🏋️♀️

• Like 2

We made it kayaking.   It was raining a bit this morning, weather reports were all over the place with rain, thunderstorms, no rain, maybe rain.  Radar showed long bands of rain to the west that disbursed before they hit us so we took the chance and the afternoon ended up being beautiful.  Dd and her friend had a great time kayaking, I tried out my new kayak and it was great.   

Only bad thing was I forgot to put on sunscreen and I got sunburn on my forearms.  I wore light weight, Coolibar pants so my legs were fine.  

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Wheres Toto said:

We made it kayaking.   It was raining a bit this morning, weather reports were all over the place with rain, thunderstorms, no rain, maybe rain.  Radar showed long bands of rain to the west that disbursed before they hit us so we took the chance and the afternoon ended up being beautiful.  Dd and her friend had a great time kayaking, I tried out my new kayak and it was great.   

Only bad thing was I forgot to put on sunscreen and I got sunburn on my forearms.  I wore light weight, Coolibar pants so my legs were fine.  

I was just coming back to ask how the kayaking went.  Yay for cooperating weather and awesome new kayak!

• Like 2

The portal opened!  I am only ketchupped this page.  Yay for fun kayaking.  Tears for last recitals and lessons.  Boo for wonky transmissions and long waits for flooring.  Hugs for all who need 'em.  

It was an exciting weekend here.  Two highschool kids had their homeschool spring formal.  Youngest dd had her swim banquet.  Oldest ds came home from college.  Saturday I had a to-do list a mile long and got almost all of it done before he got home, including a homecooked meal and homemade bread.  

One more week of school for my highschoolers and two more weeks for youngest dd and two more weeks of college for 2nd oldest.  Then the wild rumpus can begin, lol.  

• Like 4

Everyone else is getting ready to wrap up and finish this school year, I'm planning to crank things up.  Sort of.  For some subjects. 

We always homeschooled year round but this year was so screwy that there's more I want to work on than usual this summer.   

• Like 5

Good morning!  It's The Queen's favorite day!

Thank you for adhering to regulations, Critter.  I want a kayak, too!  Some day...

Yay for countertops!  Hope everything goes smoothly today, Jean.

It's been a crazy morning.  I stupidly scheduled a video call meeting with the Modsy designer for 9 this morning, which is also when dd18 needed to start work.  She was flexible, though, and I dropped her off early and made it back home in time for the call.  

The rest of the morning has been preparing backpacks for the scout trip because we have our first Pack Shake-down tonight.  You pack everything you are planning to bring on the trail and then experienced backpackers go through and make sure you are not forgetting anything important and tell you the stuff you should not bother bringing.  Despite my months of encouragement for dd14 to get started organizing her personal list, she has not yet done it.  So much scrambling on her part.  Naturally, I can't find the headlamps, spoons, or phone chargers that I got for the trip.  I must have put them somewhere safe and completely logical, lol.

Coffee!

• Like 5

Shower glass might be here Wednesday. Car is in the shop. Kitty is explaining to DH why he should sit on the couch and be a good boy. DS and I have resumed school, to his dismay.

Edited by 73349
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I have my backpack all packed and in the van.  It weighs 26 pounds with 3 liters of water but without food or crew gear, so that seems reasonable.

Now taking the kids to their final outdoor childrens/youth choir session to do their recording project.  Then going straight to Scouts for group pictures.  Then taking the older two home and going back to the girls' meeting.  After their thing we will have the crew meeting and shakedown and review bear bag hanging.

More Coffee!

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Xena's upper body resistance training exercises and dumbbells done.  My arms are now spaghetti arms.   (From fatigue.  But stronger spaghetti arms than they used to be because of working out!)

Quoting myself to say that it took me 12 hours to figure out that stronger spaghetti arms are probably fettuccine arms! 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

We have our new countertops and they are be-oo-ti-ful!  Since we had only a two inch square sample to help us choose the color, it was a bit of a gamble since you don't really know how those two inches will look when spread out for a number of feet. . .   

Yesterday we got a sample of some tile that we thought might work for a backsplash and once we put it next to the countertop, it looked awesome as well. " It's nice when a plan comes together!"  (to quote Hannibal Smith)

• Like 5

Wow, the Portal opened right up this morning!!!

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!~D

Tuesday!!!

School and work. Work has been rough lately. Lots of my high schoolers really struggling.

DH is getting braces today.  He is not looking forward to it, but he really needs them. Not just for cosmetic reasons (that’s not why he’s getting them, but his teeth are very crooked), but he actually broke a tooth back in January and he has had to have several crowns because of his bite. So, braces it is.

• Like 6

Morning. Portal closed on me, but opened afterwards. Bad storms last night. Didn't sleep a lot or very well, but it looks like everything survived, including the vehicles, trees, house, and young pumpkins. Mostly we were concerned about the pumpkins.

Busy day here, but I think I'm going to do a bit of baking today.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Good morning!  May the Fourth be with you!

My dentist got braces a couple years ago - he's in his late 50's maybe?

Woke up to a thunderstorm this morning.  It was loud!  (Oh, I see now that Critter was sharing!)

I have a facebook memorial service for my aunt this morning.  She was my mom's 4th sibling/in-law to pass away this year.  

Coffee!

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

I need a new, light, easy read.  I just can't get into Ready, Player Two.  What are your recommendations?

I heard it's really different than Ready, Player One?  I haven't decided whether I'm going to read it yet or not.  I think I have to reread the first one first.

• Like 2

So, this year was a little bit of a weird one for the business given covid and all that.  But overall it's been really good.   But next year is looking like it's going to be amazing.  I already have a day where there's only one space left in four different classes for NEXT YEAR.  As in September.   As in this has never ever happened before, most of my registrations usually come in August.  

I'm meeting a realtor tomorrow to see about expanding into space next to me, and I'm definitely hiring another teacher for next year, but it's really exciting to have this kind of activity this early on.   Next year will be my 5th year in business.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4