Menu

Ignore this thread!

My kayaking group is starting to schedule some trips again.  First one is Tuesday but I have to teach plus I'm not sure I'll feel up to kayaking after getting my shot tomorrow.  I did sign up to do one next Sunday so hopefully the weather will cooperate.   

I went on Amazon to order a new paddle, waterproof bag, and life jacket.  I don't usually wear a life jacket since I'm a good swimmer, never alone, not required, etc. but I've been using one of the kids kayaks which I'm slightly over the weight limit at this point.  So in addition to sitting real low in the water (reason for the waterproof bag), I don't feel overly stable.  I wanted a new paddle because the one place we go has a ramp that you can use your paddle across notches on each side to pull in and out of the water and my current paddle isn't long enough to reach across (it was just a 6 footer).   

Then dh said I could order a new kayak for my birthday!  Which actually isn't until July. 😄  We pick it up from Dick's Sporting Goods tomorrow.  It's a 10 footer, fishing kayak with a weight limit 100 pounds more than the other ones.  Dh can use it to go fishing too.   

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

It's raining here too.   Why do I always wake up feeling dryer when it's raining outside?  That doesn't make any senses.  

I just finished my first cup of tea, oatmeal and sitting with my Happy Light.   Once I have my second cup of tea, I'm running to the science center and maybe my storage unit to pick up a few things (and should drop off a few things, I'm having an open house the next two weekends and should do some cleaning up), then home for lunch, go pick up my kayak, then off to get my shot (which is at the same mall as my kayak).    Dinner with mom and dd this evening.  

Somewhere in there I should set up school for the kids.  It was kind of neglected last week.   Dd is about to hit a point in math (polynomials) that I think she's going to need more help so I may give her practice stuff until I'm done with classes end of may so then I can sit with her more often as she tackles that subject.  

• Like 3

Good Morning!

Happy Sunday!

Church and Iglesia!

I really need to call my mom today and try to figure out a visit with her.  We haven't seen her since January 2020.  Truthfully, I'm not looking forward to it.  I have a hard time getting along with my mom.  I don't know why, but I do.  I think it's just a personality clash.

Once that visit is set up, then we need to set up a visit with my FIL.  And quarantine the kids as necessary.  Camp for dd14 (and maybe dd13) is in June.  And dd16 needs to get a job.  And she wants to go back to church orchestra after she is fully vaccinated.

Life is getting back to normal and I'm kind of not ready.

• Like 5

Good morning!

We’re on our way to church. Dh is dropping us off and then heading to the Scout campground to pick up the Two Youngest. 

Coffee!

It's a Sunday Morning Coffee Booyah!

COFFEE!!

And this is the best Booya/h in the whole world because it is a COFFEE Booya/h!! (Imagine, if you will, yours truly planting a flag that says "Booya/h" in big, bold letters and a cup of COFFEE under it! on the Rocky summit of.... The tall craggy mountain in the middle of the ITT Island, where we have our lodge. This lodge is in the middle of a forest with hardwood floors and throw rugs and huge stone fireplaces and wrap around porches with comfy Adirondack chairs. This is what I'm talking about.) (I think my imagination is getting the better of me).  

KrissiK Documentation of the ITT Flag 5/1/2017

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 4

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!~D

Sunday!!!

Church!!

The portal opened. Woohoo!! DH and I went to the nursery yesterday and got a crape myrtle and a bunch of ferns.  We are going to replace the redwood we took out with the crape myrtle. However, there is a huge root that DH can’t get out, so we are going to have to call the tree guy back and see if he can bring over his root grinder and grind down more.

• Like 3

On 4/22/2021 at 9:43 AM, Wheres Toto said:

Our concerns were more the type you normally feel after a middle of the night phone call, especially considering how bad off dh's mom is.  

I got a middle of the night call last night, though it took me a minute to figure out what I was hearing  - I changed the ringtones for family members and hadn’t heard ds25’s yet. I accidentally locked him out of the house. Oops. 

• Like 4

I think we are detickified.  That's the medical term for it. 😂

Dh has been drinking decaf in the afternoons.  It's so weird.      

Decaffeinated coffee: it's what they're drinking in Hell.      
                  - David Letterman    

That's all I've got.  Well, mostly.  Slachey got a kitten for Mary but I'm not sure if I should announce it or anything.  So just ignore that last bit in case she gets mad at me.

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, KrissiK said:

It is supposed to rain today. Kind of a shocker, being so late in the season. But we’ll take it. Drought conditions again this year. I’m putting potato soup in the crock pot.

How did your French apple pie turn out?  Do you have pictures?  (I'm craving pie.  I have to live vicariously through you.)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

How did your French apple pie turn out?  Do you have pictures?  (I'm craving pie.  I have to live vicariously through you.)

Turned out delicious. It almost burnt though. I put it in the oven, put on the timer and then went to a Zoom meeting. All the sudden middle DD is waving at me, “your pie is done” and I jumped up in the middle of the meeting yelling, “my pie” and ran out of the room. But the pie turned out great, thanks to middle DD.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I hope that our neighbors aren't mad at us.  We had a small tree that previous owners had planted in a wrong spot.  It needed to be moved or cut down.  A landscape person told me that due to it's cramped condition that it most likely wouldn't survive a move.  But our neighbors said that they wanted to risk moving it to their property.  They said this weeks ago - and did nothing.  And I had told them that when my weeding to to that point and the tree was still there, we would cut it down.  It was still there.  We cut it down. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Morning.  Happy Monday. 

We had whole lobsters, shrimp cocktail, crab cakes and asparagus wrapped in prosciutto for dd's birthday last night.  It was very very yummy.   

My mom was talking again about what she wants to do about her house.  She doesn't HAVE to do anything, she could just stay there.  But she hates her house, lives backed up to a highway strip mall that's really noisy, etc. so she keeps talking about selling and moving.  Except she's 76 and won't get a mortgage (and won't get enough out of her house to buy outright), talks about buying enough away from us that we wouldn't be able to help her much (poor dh is already going crazy driving to his mom's every other weekend), doesn't like apartments so wants a house where she'd still have the problems she complains the most about (lawn, snow, etc).    Since the market is so hot around here, now is the time for her to do something and it looks like her and dh (and I'm fine with it) have landed on a plan to put an addition on our house for her to have a MIL suite (bedroom, bath, and sitting room).    

This really seems like the best option.  She won't have her current worries, she LOVES our property (it's quiet and serene, on a river, she finds it very peaceful), we can keep an eye on her easier, and it will add to our house that we plan to stay in forever.    My oldest daughter has lived with her since getting her undergrad (3-4 years) and is looking to move out when she graduates in May with her Masters, so the timing could be perfect.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Mom kept asking me if I "was really okay with it" (mom also had quite a bit of wine and was pretty maudlin last night).   If I were okay with her in an RV in my driveway, why would I not be okay with this option?   Only thing we're sharing are the kitchen and yard, and I don't cook at all.  Dh would actually be happy to have someone else cooking occasionally.  

• Like 3

Good Morning!

Happy Monday!

Really bad headache this morning.  I may need to go see my neurologist again.

In better news, though, I am now fully vaccinated.  (Well, at lunchtime. 😉 )  I had been thinking about taking myself out for lunch today, but my headache is too bad for me to drive into town.

• Sad 3

Good morning!  It's The Queen's favorite day!

Krissi, I want one of those self-cleaning floors, too! 

So what good things are happening this week?

I'm about to take dd18 to work - so far she is really enjoying her library job.  I need to stop at the store for some sugar as we are out and Some People need it for coffee!  Then some boring treadmill walking.  This evening is outdoor children's choir, youth symphony, and Scouts.  Dinner is taco soup.

Coffee!

• Like 2

Morning.   Was super tired yesterday and went to bed early (2nd Pfizer vaccine Sunday).  I think I feel better today.  Hard to tell since its still morning but I don't think I feel any more tired than I usually would.

Three classes today, starting late so running late.  Younger kids so harder.  Tuesday is pretty much my hardest day so should be fun.  

• Like 3

Good morning!

Hope your day goes well, Toto!   

End-of-year gift books are coming in.  I will need to start writing inscriptions soon so they are all ready to give before dd22 leaves for the summer.  

Puppy is going to the groomer this afternoon.  I might go a bit early and let him run around at the dog park for a bit first.    

Coffee!

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Wheres Toto said:

Morning.   Was super tired yesterday and went to bed early (2nd Pfizer vaccine Sunday).  I think I feel better today.  Hard to tell since its still morning but I don't think I feel any more tired than I usually would.

Three classes today, starting late so running late.  Younger kids so harder.  Tuesday is pretty much my hardest day so should be fun.  

My second shot (Pfizer) made me really tired, too, and a little achy, but the next day I was fine. My SIL got a fever and was in bed for 2 days after hers.

• Like 2

Morning. I'm alive. The birds are singing--kind of noisy really, but as long as they don't start up too much before dawn, it's all good. The pollening is making my throat sore. My boys get their second vaccine tomorrow. My dryer is still broken so we are hanging out clothes on the deck for I think the fourth week in a row. Other things going on too. Full catastrophe.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Junie, how are you doing after your shot?

Are people reporting reactions, or is it just assumed that most people are having reactions and don't bother unless it's extreme?

I'm doing fine.  I had some bleeding gums the first few days, so I went in to get blood work *just in case*.  Everything was fine.

Other than that, everything was fine.  I mean, probably headache and fatigue, but I have those almost every day anyway.

Dh had some mild headache and fatigue symptoms, but other than that he was ok, too.

Dd16 had no reaction to her first shot other than a sore arm.  Her second shot is on Star Wars Day.  (May the force be with her.)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Junie, how are you doing after your shot?

Are people reporting reactions, or is it just assumed that most people are having reactions and don't bother unless it's extreme?

I signed up for v-safe (an app put out by the cdc) when I got my first shot.  They ask you daily questions on how you're doing for the first week, then weekly, then daily again right after the second shot, then weekly and then I think every few months for a certain period of time.  I answered them.  Even when I was having no reactions. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Took pup to the groomer and she said it looks like pup has an ear infection and wanted to wait for grooming until after pup was looked at by the vet.  She will probably have to shave him naked when he goes back due to our failed diy grooming attempts.

We couldn't get in with the vet until tomorrow afternoon.

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Sad 2

I submitted my Modsy living room project.  First you answer a bunch of questions about your family and room use and stuff you want to tell them.  Then you take a 360* walkabout video of the room with their video app so they can make a 3D of your room, and finally you click on a bunch of photos of interior design style to show them what kind of style you like.  That was the weird part - virtually every room example had more or less the same style.  (The quiz on the website is different - those rooms at least had some recognizably different styles.)  I didn't really love anything, but I clicked on a few that were closest and my style is called "mod collector".  I am guessing everyone who goes through the app process prefers "mod collector" style.  Oh well.  It's OK, I suppose, and if they can't come up with a design I like they say they will give me a refund.

• Like 1