Menu

Ignore this thread!

Super weird night last night.  I have to look and see what my Fitbit says.  

Around 2am, dh's phone rings.  By the time I get up to get it (our bed is wedged into a room on three sides and I'm on the open side so it's easier for me to get up), missed call but unknown number.   Then while considering what to do, we hear what sounds like a knock on the door.  Turn on the outside light, nobody is there.  Ds comes out of his room and tells us he heard a crash in the kitchen, thought someone was in the house so called his dad's phone (from a friend's discord account somehow? Definitely need to follow up on that when he wakes up).  Check the kitchen, a shelf in the pantry/laundry room had fallen dropping stuff all over the floor (high shelf, over my head, things like honey, peanut butter, etc. on it, somehow neither dh nor I heard anything yet heard the phone ring).   Nothing broke so we left it for morning and went back to bed but I feel like I never quite fully dropped off again.  

Ds is on the spectrum so his methods of responding to things aren't always typical but I feel like this was pretty oddball even for him.  "His" phone (more a house phone) was in the living room so he didn't want to open his door to grab it.  Dog never barked until the knocking. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!~D

COFFEE-maker is wheezing and huffing and puffing. Susan, I can’t remember which one I ordered. Possibly a Black & Decker. The one I have is a Mr. Coffee, which I thought was a good brand, but it’s only lasted a couple of years.

Friday Eve!! 
School and work. This morning I’m taking DS to finish up his testing. It was only supposed to take 2 2-hour sessions, but this is the third session. It’s been hard on him. I hope we get some useful information and can do something about it. The girls and I will do school in the car while we wait for him. We would have to wear masks if we sat in the waiting room.

Dinner at my mom and dad’s tonight. I need to get an apple pie made somewhere in my day. I did get the crust made last night, so it’s just fill and bake. I will make a French topping, which is a little easier to deal with than a regular crust.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, KrissiK said:

Toto, that’s kind of a scary night for you. Glad it wasn’t an intruder.

The odds of it being an intruder are super super slim.  It never even occurred to dh and I.   One, I live in a town with a below 1 incident a year average violent crime.  Property crime is about 5 per year and are mostly stuff stolen out of cars.   Two, I'm in a 750 square foot bungalow right next door to a 5,000 square foot house with nobody living in it (that actually was robbed last year) plus plenty of other "normal" houses that would probably be a higher choice for a break-in.   Three, the dog would definitely go nuts if someone came in the yard.  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Wheres Toto said:

Super weird night last night.  I have to look and see what my Fitbit says.  

Around 2am, dh's phone rings.  By the time I get up to get it (our bed is wedged into a room on three sides and I'm on the open side so it's easier for me to get up), missed call but unknown number.   Then while considering what to do, we hear what sounds like a knock on the door.  Turn on the outside light, nobody is there.  Ds comes out of his room and tells us he heard a crash in the kitchen, thought someone was in the house so called his dad's phone (from a friend's discord account somehow? Definitely need to follow up on that when he wakes up).  Check the kitchen, a shelf in the pantry/laundry room had fallen dropping stuff all over the floor (high shelf, over my head, things like honey, peanut butter, etc. on it, somehow neither dh nor I heard anything yet heard the phone ring).   Nothing broke so we left it for morning and went back to bed but I feel like I never quite fully dropped off again.  

Ds is on the spectrum so his methods of responding to things aren't always typical but I feel like this was pretty oddball even for him.  "His" phone (more a house phone) was in the living room so he didn't want to open his door to grab it.  Dog never barked until the knocking. 

Toto - my Aspie would probably react exactly as yours did. 

• Like 4

Gardening report:

Zone 1:  Yesterday I got one small section done.  Today I went to the next one.  It's much easier than what's been because instead of hacking out sod this section has a thick section of loose pine mulch that makes everything really easy to weed.

Zone 2:  Today I got another small section done.  Tomorrow I go on to the next one.

Zone 3:  just plugging away

I have decided that my pantz-that-don't-stay-up are now my weed whacking pantz.  I did ten minutes of weed whacking.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I have discovered that the hardest places to weed are ironically the areas where the previous owner put down landscape fabric because the grass and weeds have impregnated the landscape fabric.  So I'm ripping out the old landscape fabric wherever I can. 

This reminded me of a story that my mom used to tell in Sunday school and in Children's evangelism meetings.  It was about a boy who stole his sister's homemade doll that was filled with seeds.  He buried it and after awhile there was a doll shaped weedy spot that came up.  My mom didn't make up this story - it was in some S.S. book or something like that.  But the story made a huge impression on me as a child. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I have discovered that the hardest places to weed are ironically the areas where the previous owner put down landscape fabric because the grass and weeds have impregnated the landscape fabric.  So I'm ripping out the old landscape fabric wherever I can. 

This reminded me of a story that my mom used to tell in Sunday school and in Children's evangelism meetings.  It was about a boy who stole his sister's homemade doll that was filled with seeds.  He buried it and after awhile there was a doll shaped weedy spot that came up.  My mom didn't make up this story - it was in some S.S. book or something like that.  But the story made a huge impression on me as a child. 

What was the moral of the story?  Be sure your sin will find you out?

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

Krissi, do you have your new coffee maker yet?  I need some!  I left the house without coffee to take ds to the gym!  Also, one of my tires is a little low, so I’m hoping it holds out until the afternoon. 😬😬😬

Because of the flakiness of the portal, I did not see this until after I had posted. No, coffeemaker has not gotten here, yet. Supposed to be today. I’m still using the old one. But it is just a mess.   My mom is sure there is crud build up inside and told me to run distilled vinegar through it. I did last night, but it didn’t seem to help any.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Somehow I don't think that Picasso would think that pantz were necessary.  😉

15 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

You are totally right about that! 😂

Yep! I would agree with that, too, after a “lovely” small exhibit I saw in San Francisco once containing some pretty nasty pencil drawings of his. 

• Like 2

Good morning!

We have a bit of coffee left in the pot if anyone needs some.  (Ds25 is still sleeping, so you can have his.  He made himself a cup of coffee at 9:00 last night, so I am thinking he was up all night working on a project.) 

Dh is going to drive dd18 to work, then go to a couple stores, then bring the kids to the county pool to swim some laps.  Dh and ds16 are going to BSA Sea Base in a few months and have to pass the swim test - the other girls are going for swimming fun.

Tonight the two youngest are going on a scout campout for the weekend.  I am supposed to be arranging one of dh's piano compositions for the kids' string quartet.

Chester the Silly Pup was just in my room JUMPING UP AND DOWN ON MY BED like a little kid.  What a goofball. 

Coffee! 

• Like 2

Today's my oldest dd's 27th birthday.   I don't understand how she's so old while I"m still so young.

We worked out today but we're celebrating on Sunday.  She's coming over for dinner and dh will make her favorites.   I asked her if her boyfriend was coming and she said she'd ask him, but then said he won't get vaccinated and they aren't being careful at work when they don't interact with the public.  The whole group had Covid but we have a lot of variants and its going to be torrential rain on Sunday so we can't be outside, so I kind of rescinded the "invitation" for him to come.   Dh is in a vulnerable spot right now with his heart troubles, my mom is in her 70's, I will only have my second shot on Sunday, and the kids aren't eligible.   I kind of feel bad but she seemed to understand.

• Like 4

I drove yesterday and today.  No problems with my neck or anything, though I still can't hold my head up completely straight or look upwards enough to see the "items in this aisle" signs in the grocery store.  I have to hunch my shoulders and lean over like a crazy person.  Just letting my true nature show through.  🤪

• Like 3

Good morning!

I slept so late - 8:00!  Dh is taking dd18 to work.  I need to banish goats before dog training class.  Ds16 has an in-person cello lesson this morning, and dh is taking him to that.

It rained all night, so no pre-class dog park for today.  Which means Sir Pups-a-lot will be an extra handful at class today.  Sigh.  

Coffee!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Susan in TN said:

How is your remodeling project going?

Shower glass should be installed this week, city inspector has to come back, and a few other little details. It looks a squillion times better, though, like the whole room was sprayed down with Eighties-Be-Gone. 🙂

This week I want to get to the laundromat and wash blankets and make sure all the dust is out of them. And hopefully do a bunch of other cleaning.

I'm thinking about the Take Your House Back e-course. Has anybody tried it? Worth the $?

• Like 3

I played ukulele and sang all by myself.  Chester was not impressed, lol.  He did pretty well at obedience class.  He stayed in place even when I walked all the way to the door and rattled the doorknob.  The trainer suggested I leave it at that for now (the other people were walking outside).  At one point Chester invited the German Shepherd to do the Doodle Dance, but we had to shut that down pretty quick, lol.  Too much chaos!

In other news, since you all have been absolutely no help in redesigning my living room, I think I'm going to join Modsy and let one of their designers give it a try.  I have a coupon for 30% off.

• Like 5

I have all my classes through Wednesday fully planned out and finalized.  I have Thursdays blocked out but they could need a little tweaking.   

I was going to try out the first part of my walk to the science center today but dh really thinks walking across the golf course is a bad idea, especially on a weekend.  It's not very big so I'd almost definitely be in the way of someone trying to play golf, which would bring attention to the fact that I technically don't belong there (technically the ground closest to the river should be public).   

I decided to walk to our lake instead.  It's only 1.7 miles but I have to walk along the really bad street outside my neighborhood but not for long.  It's very hilly and winding, and people drive too fast and there's bikers and no sidewalks and no real shoulder along most of it.   That part wasn't too bad and only took a few minutes, it was 1/3 of a mile.    Worst part was there were a lot of hills.  And I didn't bring any water and it was in the 70's today.  And I forgot to use my inhaler before I left.  And was probably a little late with my benedryl.     I made it in about 30 minutes (leisurely walk due to hills, heat, etc) and then called dh to come pick me up.  😁

I probably would have attempted the walk home IF the clubhouse had been open so I could get a drink of water.   I probably would have tried anyway if most of the way home was down hill, but there were a few pretty steep hills I came down that I would have had to go back up.  

All in all it was a nice walk.  Partially lake side, quiet neighborhoods for the rest.  The street I don't like wasn't that bad, more space to walk than I thought.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1