• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You know, saying "ignore this thread" to this group is like saying "don't push the big red button!" 

Homeschoolers.     They always think the rules don't apply to them.

Ignore this post in this thread.

17 minutes ago, Junie said:

She's still little...ish. 

She would strongly disagree with you! Even though I think I could fit her in the ottoman.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Good Morning!

Happy Monday!

The week is off to a decent enough start, considering that I woke up this morning out of a dream in which I was trying to solve a math problem.  5! (five factorial -- 5x4x3x2x1)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Good morning!  It's The Queen's favorite day!

Oh Junie.  Math?  Really?  Lol 😂

I woke up and couldn't remember what day it was.  So disappointed when I figured it out, lol.  I commandeered the treadmill and walked up hills for 45 minutes with a small pack on.  The treadmill said I did the equivalent of 74 flights of stairs in elevation gain, which is hysterical because there is no way I would be alive after climbing that many stairs.

Time for laundry once again.  Dd12 has another appointment at the ortho to go over their plan of treatment for her and so I can promose to throw piles of money at them.  Then a quick stop at the grocery store next door.  Children's choir is at a local park this afternoon, and then youth orchestra and scouts.

Coffee!

• Like 4

I received an email telling me someone with my last name died and since there's no next of kin they're going to give me his 4.6 billion dollar estate. Seems legit.

• Thanks 4
  • Haha 2
10 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I think that the sink is mostly in the kitchen.  Dh thought that he had to get it in five days earlier than he really has to.  This has motivated him.  This is actually a good thing.  😉 

This is kinda what happened with dh's "star" license.  I thought the travel requirement started last October, but probably because of the plague the deadline is this coming October.  I noticed the change after dh made plans to go to the DMV, but didn't mention it because Plans were in place and documents had been gathered.

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 2
3 hours ago, Slache said:

I received an email telling me someone with my last name died and since there's no next of kin they're going to give me his 4.6 billion dollar estate. Seems legit.

That's awesome!  Finally - our ITT retreat center is a reality!  Does it come with staff, or can we bring our own?  I prefer our staff because they are well-trained.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I am still alive. I was nice to myself this morning and cleaned off my desk and put my sort papers where I couldn't see them. 

But I still have to sort them, so they aren't really out of sight, out of mind. But it looks like I have less work to do, and that means I can eat lunch without feeling I should be doing something else. Although I should multitask and probably will. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I want Matt to paint me some blue bonnets for the bedroom and I want to go to Cancun. And hostess cupcakes. I want hostess cupcakes. Not necessarily in that order.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
22 hours ago, Junie said:

Tall is a good thing.

We're trying to get final heights of 5 ft. over here. 🙂

Same. I always prayed my daughters would hit at least 5 foot. So far, Gymnast is at 4'4". Almost there!

7 hours ago, Critterfixer said:

I am still alive. I was nice to myself this morning and cleaned off my desk and put my sort papers where I couldn't see them. 

But I still have to sort them, so they aren't really out of sight, out of mind. But it looks like I have less work to do, and that means I can eat lunch without feeling I should be doing something else. Although I should multitask and probably will. 

There is no such thing as multitasking.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Good morning!

Yesterday I ordered an ultralight trowel in anticipation of having to go potty out in the wilderness.  Why.  Why do I get myself involved in these things?!?!

Later this morning I need to bring dd18 to get her iron level checked.  Dd12 is making a Raddish Kids meal for dinner tonight.  YeeHaw!  No cooking for me!  

Coffee!

• Like 3

Morning.  Happy Tuesday.   It's nice and sunny but very cold this morning.  Dd and I did yoga since it was too cold to walk, but I may take a walk around the block to mail something after 10 when it should have warmed up quite a bit. 

This week is the last week of my current session and the next session is the last for the year.  So I have 9 weeks left.  Once this week is over I'll start advertising summer camps and next year more.   I only do 5 weeks of camp over the summer so it's a bit of a break.    Under the current plan, next year shouldn't be too bad either.  If I manage to hire a teacher to do everything I want them to, I don't start teaching until 1pm any day except Friday which ends early.    I think I'm going to start advertising the end of April, interview in May (so they can observe some classes), hire by mid June, then have the person come in for a "training" session in August.  

• Like 4

Good Morning!

Happy Tuesday!

Fighting a headache, but trying to get some things done.

Now that I'm getting vaccinated I need to set up some doctor's appointments that I've been putting off.  I also need to return some emails.

I'm also trying to get the Easter cards (yes, I'm sending out Easter cards) in the mail either today or tomorrow.

And I should probably clean something.

• Like 5

Good Morning!!

COFFEE!!~D

It’s Tuesday!! Spring Break is going waaaay too fast. Busy day today!! Optometrist appointment. And then lunch with my IRL BFF. We’ve been friends since our freshman year in high school. She actually doesn’t live that far away, but we only see each other once a year or so. Of course, we text every day.

• Like 4

I have decided that when my kids ask me a multiplication question that they should already know the answer to (i.e. What is 6x4?) I am going to give the answer in Spanish.

That'll learn 'em. 😉  

I figure they'll either a) learn their math, b) learn some Spanish c) or stop asking me.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
2 hours ago, Junie said:

I have decided that when my kids ask me a multiplication question that they should already know the answer to (i.e. What is 6x4?) I am going to give the answer in Spanish.

That'll learn 'em. 😉  

I figure they'll either a) learn their math, b) learn some Spanish c) or stop asking me.  

Brilliant!  🤓

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

The 17-year Swarm X cicadas are coming out this summer!  Get out your protective netting!

I expect some sound files. The noise is amazing. 

• Like 1

I made it up and down the hill 4 times in an hour.  Now I'm pooped.  Dd's meatloaf smells amazing and I AM HUNGRY!

Dd14 caught a pretty garden snake and made a home for it in an old fish tank, but then thought he didn't look happy so she let him go.  His name is Bluegrass.

• Like 4

Migraine is still going strong.

I got half of the Easter cards out, though.  About 25 more will go out tomorrow.  Hopefully.

I actually could have used another 20 cards.  I'm sending out to people in our church because we haven't seen them in a year...

• Like 5

So, I have a question.... what do y’all think about reading diaries? BFF and I were talking about this. She was cleaning out her aunt’s house in preparation to sell, and came across a bunch of diaries from when aunt was a young adult. She also mentioned coming across old letters from late FIL. And we were just talking about is it ok to read that stuff?? And sometimes learning things you really didn’t want to know about. And why we don’t keep diaries ourselves..

• Like 2

No one is taking this thread seriously. Or are you all pondering my question.....

Personally, I have a problem reading other people’s diaries and letters. In Fact, when I was reading the biography of Bonhoeffer I couldn’t read his letters. I just felt weird. So, I skipped that part.

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 3
2 hours ago, KrissiK said:

I made lemon bars. They are sooooo good. I made them for Easter, though, so they are now in the freezer.  Most of them are.

Did you ever post that recipe?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

No one is taking this thread seriously. Or are you all pondering my question.....

Personally, I have a problem reading other people’s diaries and letters. In Fact, when I was reading the biography of Bonhoeffer I couldn’t read his letters. I just felt weird. So, I skipped that part.

Yeah, I didn't read his letters either.

On the same note, Gymnast found an old purple calendar I had and went through it and came back teary. She couldn't tell me what was wrong so she opened a google drive file and voice-to-text told me. She had read something she said was so beautiful that it made her cry. I didn't bother telling her about how it usually is uncouth to read others' thoughts. I did ask why she had been reading something that wasn't hers. (because it was just there)

• Like 5
9 hours ago, KrissiK said:

I made lemon bars. They are sooooo good. I made them for Easter, though, so they are now in the freezer.  Most of them are.

Except for the ones you're Fedexing to your birdie friend?!? So nice of you! ❤️

@SlacheI bought a bullet journal and I need a pen that's like my Sharpie and doesn't smear but also doesn't ghost. Please direct me.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Good Morning!

Happy Wednesday!

My headache is better (but not gone) and I slept well.

More Easter cards going out today.  And I figured out a way to make 20 cards pretty quickly, so I will be making those today and (hopefully) getting those in the mail tomorrow.  I think our mail carrier must hate me.  However, #jobsecurity.

I was way ahead of the game on buying Easter candy, so Easter preparations are pretty much done.  Easter dinner will probably be what we have for every Sunday dinner -- pasta.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hi! I'm here! I got in cuz I was tagged. I'm exhausted.

On 3/29/2021 at 7:37 PM, Renai said:

There is no such thing as multitasking.

I am good at pairing one mindful thing with one mindless thing, like tutoring math and dishes or directing in the kitchen while I fold in the dining room.

15 hours ago, KrissiK said:

So, I have a question.... what do y’all think about reading diaries? 

Not to be done if you know the person.

10 hours ago, KrissiK said:

On my way.

55 minutes ago, Carolina Wren said:

Except for the ones you're Fedexing to your birdie friend?!? So nice of you! ❤️

@SlacheI bought a bullet journal and I need a pen that's like my Sharpie and doesn't smear but also doesn't ghost. Please direct me.

I've never found one. I think that's why people buy $50 bullet journals. If you look closely at those beautiful artistic ones the artist skips every other page. I use uni ball micro which you can get at walmart or target. It's a fine ball point, so not a sharpie at all. Sowwy.

• Like 4

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!~D

Humph Day!!!

Busy day today. Taking DS to The Big City to finish up testing. Should have been done years ago, but.... at least it’s getting done now.

DD has an allergist appointment and then she’s spending the night at a friend’s house.

I will post my lemon bar recipe later. As soon as I wake up a little more.

• Like 3
53 minutes ago, Slache said:

Hi! I'm here! I got in cuz I was tagged. I'm exhausted.

I am good at pairing one mindful thing with one mindless thing, like tutoring math and dishes or directing in the kitchen while I fold in the dining room.

You are not multitasking. You are task switching very rapidly. Each time costs the brain a few tenths of a second, so it isn't really noticeable. It can take up to 40 percent longer to complete tasks when done this way, however.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don’t keep a diary, actually, simply because I am afraid some day someone will read it and I don’t want that to happen.

I used to keep one and someone read a bit - nothing major, but that was the end of that.

ITT is now my diary.  😁

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good afternoon!

I can't believe it's taken this long to get here!  I went to a couple stores in search of some things for Easter breakfast (resurrection biscuits) and dinner.  I think I found the things.  Everything else I can get at Aldi tomorrow.  We're having ribeye steak, Easter Crown bread (made by dd12), broccoli raisin salad, sweet potato fries with sriracha dip and "Not Yo Mama's Banana Pudding" for dessert.

The kids are expecting an Easter egg hunt.  Aren't they getting too old for this?   I wonder if we could gather up some of the younger neighbor kids and set up one for them.   

Story time already!  We're reading On the Edge of the Dark Sea of Darkness by Andrew Peterson.

Coffee!

• Like 3
15 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I am beyond excited to be scheduled for the first covid vaccine in a little more than a week. 

Yay! DH and I are scheduled for tomorrow. We'll have to drive more than an hour each way, but otherwise I think we'd be stuck waiting at least a few more weeks.

• Like 5

On journals. I keep them and have for years. I don't mind if my kids read them when I die. They knew their mother was weird, and maybe it will help them to know exactly why. LOL.

But I don't think I would wish to read other people's journals and letters. 

It's cold. 

I want spring back.

ETA: Blackberry Winter booyah!

Edited by Critterfixer
  • Like 4
4 minutes ago, Carolina Wren said:

Yay! DH and I are scheduled for tomorrow. We'll have to drive more than an hour each way, but otherwise I think we'd be stuck waiting at least a few more weeks.

Dh got his in the first wave (health care worker).  Today was the first day that I was eligible.  I struck out more locally but then called my health care provider in the Big City.  They have their own vaccine site.  I was on hold and told myself that I would give them 30 minutes to come on the line before hanging up.  Just at the thirty minute line exactly, someone answered.  I am actually glad that I can get it through them because they have access to my very complicated medical history (the scheduler had my chart open even while we scheduled the vaccine appointment) and I feel more confident that they could help me if the need arises - more than a local pharmacy. 

• Like 6

Sheet pan herb chicken and mushrooms with rice for dinner.  Then we all have rehearsal for Good Friday/Easter Sunday services.  Our kids all agreed to play for everything this year since they are trying to limit the number of musicians in close contact, and we can fill out the special service music needs pretty well, along with a few others who have also been playing for services regularly for the past year.  We are about the only family involved who has not had the plague, to our knowledge.  I have no idea how it's possible, considering the many many many times we have all been directly exposed.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1