Menu

We had a lovely hike this morning.  It was cold and damp, but the trail was really nice. There was plenty of mud to go around.  I am now sore and tired.  Who wants to make dinner?

It's a Math and Grammarville Booyah!

ITT presents: Math'n'Grammarville

*All Rights Reserved*  

Except for those to the tune and original lyrics, which are obviously held by Jimmy Buffet or whatever company it is that owns him, LOL.

Livin' on twaddle,

I was happy to dawdle,

Until Mom told me my work must be done.

Now here it is sunset, 

And she won't let me drop it,

I'll be here all night and I never had fun!

Refrain:    
Wasting away again in Math‘n’Grammarville
Hoping that there's a whole hour of art
Some people say that there is knowledge to gain
But I know, of it I want no part

It sure isn't pleasin',

All this logic and reason,

Gettin' shoved down my throat with these dusty old books!

When I could be skatin'

Building forts and be playin'

So I'm giving my teacher these disgusted looks! (Critter)

Refrain:    
But you can’t force me to take part!

I've stalled and I've grumbled

Dropped my pencil and fumbled

Lost my place and my temper and spilled all the glue,

But Mom isn't buying,

All these tricks that I'm trying,

And I'll just have it all tomorrow to do.(Critter)

Refrain:   
And so I must play the part  (ikslo)

Wasted away again in overplanningville  
Lookin for my lost teacher's manual   
Some people claim     
That it's the Hive that's to blame    
But I know (ba ba bum bum bum)    
It's my own dang fault. (Spudz)

Wasting away again in Math'n'Grammarville     
Looking for those lost hours of sleep     
Some people say that there's no way it'll work     
And I say, bleeep-ity-bleep-bleep-bleep (ikslo)

(No kittens were harmed in the creation of this song.)

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 7
  • Replies 193.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Jean in Newcastle

• Susan in TN

• KrissiK

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You know, saying "ignore this thread" to this group is like saying "don't push the big red button!" 

Homeschoolers.     They always think the rules don't apply to them.

Coming out of my long time lurking because I couldn't ignore this thread..  :leaving:

Posted Images

Just now, Susan in TN said:

I recently got an email that said my printer is now connected to Alexa.  And can be helpful in all kinds of stupid crap like printing out a grocery list.  I asked dh to end that relationship.  We only have an Alexa dot thing and it is never turned on.  I should probably throw it out.

No! Save for when I drive past your place in 2046. I'll give you half price.

Try thunder sounds. And audible if you audible.

• Like 2

I’ve been watching too many kitten and puppy rescue videos. Now I want a kitten or puppy.

DH will be gone for a week. If I get one now, it’s be used to the place and kind of faded into the background. He won’t even notice there’s someone new.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

Something gross is in my vacuum cleaner.  I just don’t even want to deal with it. I think I’m just going to buy a new one. I emptied the canister and was gagging in the trash can. But I never saw what was so gross. It just smelled gross.

• Sad 2
Just now, KrissiK said:

Something gross is in my vacuum cleaner.  I just don’t even want to deal with it. I think I’m just going to buy a new one. I emptied the canister and was gagging in the trash can. But I never saw what was so gross. It just smelled gross.

Just don’t vacuum.  Problem solved!  🤣

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Yay for math and grammarville!  Such a great hit!  

Boo for stinky vacuums. I have two and one of them stinks every time I use it. (Possibly from using dry carpet cleaning powder after a vomit clean up. 🤢🤮)  maybe I should get it a new filter. 

• Like 2
Just now, Slache said:

Says the mother of a German shepherd...

I sweep and mop 👍🏻 I do have to occasionally vacuum the schoolroom, but it’s not a regular occurrence around here, tbh

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, ikslo said:

I sweep and mop 👍🏻 I do have to occasionally vacuum the schoolroom, but it’s not a regular occurrence around here, tbh

I have only had lots carpet because of apartment living. The hair gets stuck and sticks to your feet so we vacuum a lot. 

• Like 3

I feel like I can't get enough food in me.  I think I have a chocolate deficiency.

I'm in a Red Haired Boy mood.  It's an old old tune - earliest mentions are as far back as 1660.  Originally Giolla Rua (which became Gilderoy) from a highwayman who was caught and hung.  

• Like 2

I just cannot even...... the Dodgers lost. They shouldn’t have. Two huge mistakes right there at the end and Tampa Bay scores two runs and that’s it. I just can’t even......  Svengo.

• Sad 2
1 hour ago, KrissiK said:

I just cannot even...... the Dodgers lost. They shouldn’t have. Two huge mistakes right there at the end and Tampa Bay scores two runs and that’s it. I just can’t even......  Svengo.

Go, Rays!

• Haha 4

Morning.  I'm having my tea about 6 feet away from saws cutting the board over the window openings.   So relaxing.  🤪

Today is the last day they are working.  All the windows will be in, the entire outside of the house is wrapped waiting for the new siding, there's new sheetrock in the kitchen (it was falling down after the roof was done months ago).   The inside won't be finished for another few months, possibly next year but we'll get there.   We have paneling in the living room that evidently is also going to be replaced by sheetrock eventually, and the fireplace is going to be resurfaced (it's river rock now) inside and out.  

I'm going to be heading over to the science center soon.  I have to get programs off computers there so I can email them to the kids on quarantine.  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning!!!!,

COFFEE!!!!~D

Sunday!!!!

Church!!

I slept with the windows open last night. DH hates sleeping with the windows open. Too many sounds waKe him up. The sprinklers woke me up, yes, I admit, but I don’t care. I love fresh air. So, when he’s gone, I get to do what I want.

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, Slache said:

Say hi to the Andersons!

Sure thing! And the Bransons, Cooks, Dawsons, Edwards, Franks, Garrets, Hansons, Isons, Johnsons, and Krafts.

😁

Edited by maize
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
17 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

❤️❤️❤️Yay!!  Hello!!❤️❤️❤️

How Are You?  How is everyone?

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Good, busy. Spanish preK ends in 2 weeks, so that's 6 classes and 3 hours less I'll be teaching. Oh, sike, I'm teaching a couple of boot camps to replace them.

Dh's truck broke down and found out the engine is out (it's a 96). We bought a Jeep Grand Cherokee, which he didn't want to get checked by a mechanic first, and now it's in the shop (two days after purchase). They checked it for free since the previous owner had the paperwork for it, and found out he just got the one thing done to get the engine light to turn off. I budgeted for repairs anyway, had talked the owner down in price, so hoping what I budgeted is enough to keep it going a while.

Baby Dancer is up to 9 pounds something and is smiling and enjoying everyone. Like Isaac, she thinks it's kinda funny to vomit.

16 hours ago, Junie said:

Hola amiga!

Como estas?  Creo que estas muy cansada.

Como esta tu nieta bonita?  Y su mama, la Bailerina?

Siempre estoy cansada. Solamente duermo los viernes, pero hago vagancias los sábados en la noche. No, not really, pero veo shows y videos hasta muy tarde. Yo voy a descansar en diciembre, ya que tengo menos clases. También tomo dos semanas de vacación, y empiezo el semestre nuevo lentamente.

我现在很累,但是课程很快就要结束了。

16 hours ago, Another Lynn said:

Hi Renai!  <waves wildly> 😍😍😍

Wassup?! 👋

Edited by Renai
  • Like 6

I am drinking orange spice tea and looking over my Thanksgiving binders. It’s actually a bit chilly today. DH has been checking in. They are in Williamsburg today. It’s raining.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, KrissiK said:

I am drinking orange spice tea and looking over my Thanksgiving binders. It’s actually a bit chilly today. DH has been checking in. They are in Williamsburg today. It’s raining.

We had so much fun in Williamsburg!  The dancing and printing press and all the things!

• Like 2

I took a nap and forgot to have afternoon coffee, so I'm gonna have some now, at 6pm, to ward off morning addiction headache.  I can usually sleep fine even with caffeine in the early evening.  

Pizza is in the oven!

How's Throw Up Baby?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

House is now sealed tight, with good windows and insulation.  The walls aren't totally finished but that's fine.   Next weekend dh is going to take the kids down to visit his mom and I'll spend the weekend cleaning and working on classes.  There is dust EVERYWHERE. 

• Like 6