Menu

Ignore this thread!

1 hour ago, Wheres Toto said:

How do you watch Leslie Sansone videos and Disney+ at the same time?  Or are you walking on a treadmill or something and no longer doing the videos?

I evidently have become a morning person sometime in the past few years but I can't do sweaty exercise in the morning since I do it at the science center and don't have time to go home and shower.   

I watch them both on my computer.  I shrink the windows so Leslie is on one side (on mute) and Disney is on the other.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Junie said:

Testing is finished for the day!!

Yay!

I had a sort of headache this morning, but now my head just feels buzzy.  I'm not sure how to describe it.  I feel like I'm not seeing well, even though I am seeing fine, if that makes any sense.  Maybe I should go back to bed.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Yay!

I had a sort of headache this morning, but now my head just feels buzzy.  I'm not sure how to describe it.  I feel like I'm not seeing well, even though I am seeing fine, if that makes any sense.  Maybe I should go back to bed.

Points for quoting self!

So I looked it up and it turns out that feeling like your body/brain is buzzing or vibrating is actually a symptom of calcium withdrawal, which is what my body is doing right now while my hormones try to figure things out again.  So I'm supposed to take Tums or some kind of calcium supplement.

We had a short funeral service for Tiger the Bullfrog over at the park stream.  He was a very musical frog and often sang with us in the morning and especially liked to sing along with music from Pirates of the Caribbean.  

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Junie said:

I watch them both on my computer.  I shrink the windows so Leslie is on one side (on mute) and Disney is on the other.

Ooohh, I like that idea (and it would never have occurred to me even though I'm on a computer for hours each and every day).

5 hours ago, Another Lynn said:

WheresToto, your deviant daughter is darling!  😍

Thank you.  😄

• Like 3

Classes went well today.   Went very fast.  My last class I looked at the clock and there was 40 minutes left.  I swear it was just 2 minutes later when I looked again but suddenly there were only 10 minutes left.  I even double checked on my computer to make sure the clock didn't go crazy.  

• Like 5

Started to bring the bins up from the curb.  The yard waste guy skipped our house.  I even checked bins down the street to make sure and sure enough their's were emptied and mine weren't.  Called Waste Mgt customer service to complain.  The customer service lady was very nice.  She scheduled someone to come out and pick up my errant yard waste either tonight or tomorrow.  A couple of weeks ago they missed my recycling (and no one else's).  They hate me! 

• Sad 5

Did my Xena upper body resistance training exercises and dumbbells.

Don't get me started on a weight loss rant.  I lost 25 pounds through blood, sweat and tears.  I need to lose 75 pounds.  I am stuck here.  For the past couple of years.  I measure my food, carbs and exercise.  I follow all recommendations and don't cheat.  You guys know that I am faithful in my Xena workouts and in going to the personal trainer.  I already can't eat gluten and don't cook with dairy (though I can have some for a snack).  Aaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrggggggghhhhhhh! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 3

35 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Did my Xena upper body resistance training exercises and dumbbells.

Don't get me started on a weight loss rant.  I lost 25 pounds through blood, sweat and tears.  I need to lose 75 pounds.  I am stuck here.  For the past couple of years.  I measure my food, carbs and exercise.  I follow all recommendations and don't cheat.  You guys know that I am faithful in my Xena workouts and in going to the personal trainer.  I already can't eat gluten and don't cook with dairy (though I can have some for a snack).  Aaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrggggggghhhhhhh! 

It's soooo haaaarrrrrddddd.  

You work so hard it's insane.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning!  I'm meeting dd to work out this morning and I decided instead of eating/drinking my tea after our workout, I should get up earlier and eat and have one cup of tea before I meet her.  I drink two cups of tea each day so I'll bring my second cup of tea with me to have after our workout.   This way I can take my allergy medicine and use my Happy Light before I go to meet her.  The allergy meds are more important than the Light these days.   Taking my meds on an empty stomach sometimes makes me feel nauseous.   

Today was the first day I'm trying this so we'll see how it goes.   It will be almost an hour between when I eat and when we work out so I'm hoping that will mean it won't be a problem even if we yoga (yoga on a stomach full of food and tea is NOT a good thing), but whenever the weather is good we're walking first anyway.

I had a better start to eating today.  Eggs (no points), salsa (no points), tea (no points), honey (3 points covers both cups of tea).     

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!!~D

Tuesday!!!

The Portal remained open. Yay for me!!

school and work today. Work has been rough. That’s all I can say. Lots of struggling kids.

My roses are blooming. They are so pretty.

I need to lose about 30 more lbs.  Back at the end of October I was the most I ever weighed. 70 lbs. heavier than on my wedding day. I managed to lose 15 lbs. since then, and it wasn’t hard, just took diligence. However I have gained back a couple lbs. and been in a holding pattern for the last couple of months.  It is so hard for me to get back on the wagon after falling off.

• Like 5

Good morning!

More headache and sore throat this morning, but they are improving a bit.  Dd14 is cleaning out Tiger's tank.  Dh is going to take the kids out to the park pavilion for a quartet recital sound check.  I have to tackle Mt. Laundry.    

I am dreading the arrival of May.

Coffee!

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 4

We went to the park with instruments the kids played through some of their music.  We learned some things.  1.  It's windy and the fancy music clips I got are not adequate.  Must come up with better system to keep music from blowing all over.  2.  The pavilion has nice acoustics.  3.  They will need stand lights.

In other news, it's time to put the daisy wreath on the front door - the white Easter cloth should have come down a long time ago.

• Like 3

I left the house at 11:40 for errands. Waste Management had promised that they would pick up my yard waste by noon at the latest. I was ticked when it still wasn’t picked up when I left but decided to look again and read them the riot act if was still there when I got back. Phew!  They dodged a bullet!  It was gone when I got home!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I just looked up some Panera stuff since I'll swing by on the way to take dd to TKD to get her a snack.   One Panera cookie is like my entire points for a day.  (15 and I get 16 a day).  Yikes.  No wonder I'm so fat.  

I also found out that the brown and wild rice cups I have for lunch aren't 0 (like brown rice is normally) evidently because they have some oil in them.  They're 7 points for one cup.  So I think I need to make rice at home, put it in a container with my dressing and bring that to work to nuke for lunch.  An extra step to plan ahead but 7 points is too much for lunch.   

• Like 4

Okay, I don't want to be one of those people who talks about nothing but food and points so....

Do you guys know what turmeric and alcohol does to white tables?   I do.   And fingers for that matter.   It's a great base indicator and you can do cool color change stuff with it, and it glows under UV lights.  But man, it gets all over everything and does not come off easy.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

29 minutes ago, Wheres Toto said:

Okay, I don't want to be one of those people who talks about nothing but food and points so....

Do you guys know what turmeric and alcohol does to white tables?   I do.   And fingers for that matter.   It's a great base indicator and you can do cool color change stuff with it, and it glows under UV lights.  But man, it gets all over everything and does not come off easy.  

You have orangy yellow tables?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

You have orangy yellow tables?

Yep, and not for the first time.  I just have to remember what actually worked last time.  I think I used a Hydrogen peroxide spray once I could be sure all the alcohol was gone.  

They were actually a pretty neat yellow with brick red spots for a while do to the other stuff that spilled with it (baking soda/water and vinegar). 

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, Wheres Toto said:

Yep, and not for the first time.  I just have to remember what actually worked last time.  I think I used a Hydrogen peroxide spray once I could be sure all the alcohol was gone.  

They were actually a pretty neat yellow with brick red spots for a while do to the other stuff that spilled with it (baking soda/water and vinegar). 

My lab partner and I used to leave hcl rings wherever we worked...

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Today was my first day (post surgery) breathing without any pain!  It is still awkward to eat and swallow, but that should improve eventually.  I hope.

Did I ever tell you about Sir Pups-a-lot and our front door rug?  He likes to sleep on the non-skid bottom, so he folds the rug in half and rests his head and front paws on the rubber part.  Silly puppy.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Wheres Toto said:

I also found out that the brown and wild rice cups I have for lunch aren't 0 (like brown rice is normally) evidently because they have some oil in them.  They're 7 points for one cup.  So I think I need to make rice at home, put it in a container with my dressing and bring that to work to nuke for lunch.  An extra step to plan ahead but 7 points is too much for lunch.   

That's annoying!

I used to make and freeze different kinds of muffins for portioned meals on the go - sausage/egg muffins and chocolate cranberry were my favorites.  I wonder if you can freeze rice cups? 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Wheres Toto said:

I just looked up some Panera stuff since I'll swing by on the way to take dd to TKD to get her a snack.   One Panera cookie is like my entire points for a day.  (15 and I get 16 a day).  Yikes.  No wonder I'm so fat.  

I guess that WW wouldn’t work for me. Even at zero points brown rice would make my blood sugars go too high. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I guess that WW wouldn’t work for me. Even at zero points brown rice would make my blood sugars go too high. 

The plan I'm on all fruits, vegetables, whole grains, chicken breast, turkey breast, seafood/fish, eggs, lentils/beans, and fat free dairy are all zero points. But I don't get very many points per day.  

My issue is I can't do any artificial sweeteners and they are often the lowest point options.  I'm trying to stick with whole foods and mainly count sauces, butter, my honey in my tea, etc. and the occasional snack (because I will totally fail if I try to give up all snacks).    I need easy for breakfast and lunch because of my schedule.  

• Like 4

Morning, Happy Humph Day!   I got up early again today because I left a bit of a mess in the classroom that I need to finish cleaning up this morning.  We did "Magic Snow" (sodium polyacrylate) at the end of the last class of the day and its easier to clean up if it's allowed to dry.   This is also one of my early start days.   

I'm having my tea, a couple hard boiled eggs, sat with my Happy Light.  We're supposed to get big thunderstorms today so less sunshine so definitely wanted to use my light.   It's seems to help.  

I feel like I've made a lot of strides in getting healthier in the past year (despite all the ugh).  Happy Light, exercising more, now working on eating healthier.    One habit at a time seems to be working well.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!~D not yet. Our coffeemaker is on it’s last leg. I just ordered a new one. Lynn, I need some of yours today.

Portal opened on the second try.

Humph Day.

School and work.

Lilly-cat stayed in all night. And then jumped in my bed for some loves as soon as my alarm went off. The rest of the day she ignores me like I had the plague.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Anyone know good smoothies, preferably yogurt, banana & strawberry that freeze well?   My usual yogurt smoothies (Stonyfield Farms) are way too many points.   I can make my own but I know I'll have to do on the weekend and freeze.  So any suggestions or tips?  (can you tell I'm not much of a "cook"?)

• Like 1

Good morning!

What kind of coffee maker did you get, @KrissiK?

May is going to be a crazy month.  I am working very hard to avoid double-booking things.  At this point, it looks like we will need to get dd22 to the airport during dd18's graduation ceremony.  🙄  I'm sure there must be other suitable flights...

Today is dd18's first day of work at the library and the kids' last day of zoom music history.  

Coffee!

• Like 4

My left side- neck, shoulder, ribs are a hardened ball of pain. I am pretty sure that I am already scheduled at the chiropractor today. If not, I will beg them to slip me in the schedule.

I will also contact my personal trainer because this started last Saturday while working with her and has steadily gotten worse. She changed course on Saturday as soon as I told her that I was starting to hurt but she needs the feedback so that we can figure out a plan. 

• Sad 5

Over the past couple of weeks I have been trying to instill into dh the idea that if he wants to get an appointment with anyone (storm door installation, dog groomer, financial advisor), he really needs to call way ahead of time.  The idea was that he would be getting some things done this week while he was off work.  Unfortunately, you can't wait until the last minute to call and then expect anyone to be able to fit you in that afternoon.  So now everything is being scheduled for May, which is the month that does not need ANY additional events added to it.  :Willy_Nilly:

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

Dh just found out the results of his test and he has a blocked artery.  Which I guess explains his high blood pressure.  He has a call with his doctor tomorrow but thinks he's probably going to need some kind of surgery - a stent or bypass or something.   And that will need to be taken care of before he can get his knee surgery, which needs to happen before he can get back to exercising.  Poor guy, he's starting to realize he's not 60 anymore (he's 65).  

• Like 1
  • Sad 4