Jump to content

Menu

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 192.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Slache

    25313

  • Susan in TN

    18314

  • Jean in Newcastle

    17931

  • KrissiK

    15854

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You know, saying "ignore this thread" to this group is like saying "don't push the big red button!" 

Homeschoolers.     They always think the rules don't apply to them.

Cardiologist report: this doc was a major answer to prayer. He was appalled at the lack of communication from the previous doctor and apologized profusely even though it wasn't his fault. Dd's heart

Dh just asked me if I thought we would want to redo our bathrooms in stages.  And also suggested that he might want to try his hand at tiling.  Svengo.  I don't think I have the fortitude to deal with bathroom tiling.

  • Like 3
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Raised in Florida, The Floridian is a 2005 Chrystler Town and Country with 70,000 miles and one previous owner. Mary is thrilled she's not white.

The Floridian is older than my marriage.

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

I just got home from the AFSA! I hate that place. But, it’s done. Got groceries and s’more stuff for the party tomorrow.

My Gray and white cat is a very noisy bather.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Wouldn't it be nice if construction/renovation got done in nice, orderly 8-4 M-F type hours?

Yeah, they're not doing that. Some days they come and some days they don't; some days they arrive at 9 AM and others at 1:30 PM; some days they're gone by 3 and others they're still here when we have to take our masks off because dinner's ready. Some days I can see what they accomplished and others I... like, really? Two people were here for 4 hours and the only visible difference is 1 piece of beadboard hung (but not painted)?

Shower walls are up. Floor is down (but not grouted) except the shower. Vanity/sink/countertop is in (but no knobs or faucet). New ceiling fan is in.

Not done yet: Ceiling (will be scraped and painted); most beadboard for the walls; shower floor, showerhead & handle; glass (goes in last); toilet is still out on the screened porch (obvs needs floor finished); hang towel bars & medicine cabinet.

I just want it D O N E.

Edited by Carolina Wren
  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

Good morning!

We have the Major ThunderBoomers coming through.  I went out with Chester for his morning constitutional and then came right back in.  Too much lightning.  Pup will have to wait.  Or, like every other dog within a 3-mile radius, just go potty in our yard. I'm glad the girls are not camping out there right now.
   
I have dog obedience class today, but we're not supposed to bring dogs to the first session.  Just paper and pencil. Dd22 & Co are stopping by for lunch and to pick up camping gear.  I hope the forecast clears up for them.  This afternoon I hope to bring the girls to a store to find an Easter dress and to REI.

Coffee!

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Good Morning!

Happy Saturday!

Trying to get some things organized today.  Somehow we are already almost a fourth of the way through the year.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Good Mornign!!!

COFFEE!!!!~D is not quite ready yet,

Saturday!!!

Oldest DD’s birthday party is this afternoon. I think I am basically ready. All you have to do is give teenage girls a venue to gab and some food and you’re good to go.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Junie said:

Good Morning!

Happy Saturday!

Trying to get some things organized today.  Somehow we are already almost a fourth of the way through the year.

What?!?!?  That can't be right...runs off to find calendar......

Yikes.

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites

Morning, Happy Saturday.   I slept in a little bit (after getting up to let dog out then going back to bed), I'm doing laundry and thinking about cleaning but I still have 8 of my WTM tabs open to read threads.    When mom calls that she's on her way over, I'll give the bathroom a quick wipe down.   

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm trying to tidy up the house a wee bit and clean a very little bit.  Meh.  But it's for a good cause - friends are coming over tonight.  

All of dd's friends are traveling for spring break and she is sad to be home and bored.  I should give her something to do <grin> but I'm not young and tough anymore.  

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Mom is still here but we're just relaxing with our respective screens on the couch.  She's looking at RVs that she could park in our driveway and live there when she sells her house.  She hates her house and her neighborhood and this seems like it could be a viable option.  

We sat outside for hours enjoying the fresh air, the quiet, the birds, and the river. Had nice salads for lunch, then ordered pizza for dinner for us and the kids.   It's been pleasant and she seems to appreciate getting out of her house for a little while. 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wheres Toto said:

Mom is still here but we're just relaxing with our respective screens on the couch.  She's looking at RVs that she could park in our driveway and live there when she sells her house.  She hates her house and her neighborhood and this seems like it could be a viable option.  

 

If you have nosey neighbors, you might check town regulations on the RV living situation.  One of our neighbors was reported for having an RV on their property that they just used sometimes for extra office space or whatever.  No one was actually "living" in it.  They lost their case in court. 🙁

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Carolina Wren said:

Wouldn't it be nice if construction/renovation got done in nice, orderly 8-4 M-F type hours?

Yeah, they're not doing that. Some days they come and some days they don't; some days they arrive at 9 AM and others at 1:30 PM; some days they're gone by 3 and others they're still here when we have to take our masks off because dinner's ready. Some days I can see what they accomplished and others I... like, really? Two people were here for 4 hours and the only visible difference is 1 piece of beadboard hung (but not painted)?

Shower walls are up. Floor is down (but not grouted) except the shower. Vanity/sink/countertop is in (but no knobs or faucet). New ceiling fan is in.

Not done yet: Ceiling (will be scraped and painted); most beadboard for the walls; shower floor, showerhead & handle; glass (goes in last); toilet is still out on the screened porch (obvs needs floor finished); hang towel bars & medicine cabinet.

I just want it D O N E.

You're not working with a good crew. Every crew my husband has worked on had a time to be at work (usually 8am), and a time to leave. The last crew my husband worked with (2 weeks ago) had workers that were too slack with time, and he left them after 3 weeks.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Dog obedience class did not happen.  I got there and the trainer said today's class had been cancelled.  Apparently I wasn't on the email/text list for notification.  🙄

Dd22 & Co. came and had lunch and visited for a bit.  I think they get a kick out of our whacky family and extra whacky pup.

After that, dh took dd18 out to a couple places to do her senior photos while I took the Two Youngest to Goodwill where we found a nice Easter dress for dd12 and then to REI for backpacking stuff.  They were out of pretty much everything we were looking for.  Even women's medium socks.  We did manage to get 4 pairs of good hiking socks and 2 silk liners - if not for the 10% sock discount, 20% 1 item discount, and our REI dividends, it would have cost a small fortune.  Like over $100.  Un. Freaking. Believable.  
   
Thunderboomers have started back up.  Dd22 & Co. fortunately decided against camping tonight.  We've gotten over 3 inches of rain already just today.  I better check our neighbor Bob's back yard and make sure the creek isn't overflowing it's banks.

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I finished Seeking Allah, Finding Jesus and next I might try Ready, Player Two. I should probably re-read Ready, Player One.  Except I don't want to.

I had a revelation today regarding hot flashes.  I have been sleeping better the past couple nights and realized it seems to be a lack of hot flashes.  I also haven't taken my vitamin D for the past couple days, as I am supposed to stop all vitamin supplements before my surgery.  I looked it up, and sure enough, vitamin D can cause hormone fluctuations which cause the hot flashes.

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

Fire pit was a great idea. Girls are roasting marshmallows, it is a beautiful evening out and they seem to be having a good time. 
 

“I love it when a plan comes together.”

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

If you have nosey neighbors, you might check town regulations on the RV living situation.  One of our neighbors was reported for having an RV on their property that they just used sometimes for extra office space or whatever.  No one was actually "living" in it.  They lost their case in court. 🙁

Yeah, we know the situation for our town.  We wouldn't have even been able to have it in our driveway until we got rid of dh's boat.   Our next door neighbor actually has an RV in his driveway that someone is living in.   We are on a dead end street in a dead end neighborhood so there are limited people who would see enough to be aware (there are literally two houses that could even see our driveway at all and only about 6 total on our 1/2 mile long street).  It would technically be a risk but not much of one.  

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Wheres Toto said:

Yeah, we know the situation for our town.  We wouldn't have even been able to have it in our driveway until we got rid of dh's boat.   Our next door neighbor actually has an RV in his driveway that someone is living in.   We are on a dead end street in a dead end neighborhood so there are limited people who would see enough to be aware (there are literally two houses that could even see our driveway at all and only about 6 total on our 1/2 mile long street).  It would technically be a risk but not much of one.  

Sounds like a plan!

Or, "I love it when a plan comes together!" 😂

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been only doing cursory bunny cage cleans for the last month because of the construction going on in the house.  Today things were safe enough to let bunnies roam.  I did a very deep clean of the cage including taking down some panels so that I could get into out of the way places.  Phew!

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Good morning! A Blessed Palm Sunday to you!

It has stopped raining.  We got about 7 inches.  Creek is high, but not over it's banks at this point.  Getting ready for church and Sunday school, then bringing ds16 for a scout hike.  No other major plans for today.  Except nap. And

Coffee!

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!!~D

A Blessed Palm Sunday to you all!!

Church this morning!!

Baby gives her testimony for baptism this evening. Baptism will be on Easter Sunday.

Woke up early this morning. Lily-cat avoided being let out last night and walked across my feet at 5:30am. Never did fall back asleep.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Susan in TN said:

Good morning! A Blessed Palm Sunday to you!

It has stopped raining.  We got about 7 inches.  Creek is high, but not over it's banks at this point.  Getting ready for church and Sunday school, then bringing ds16 for a scout hike.  No other major plans for today.  Except nap. And

Coffee!

I need to just look at your posts for my weather reports.  As usual, we get the same weather as you 12 to 24 hours later.   We have torrential rain coming down now with all kinds of flood warnings. 

  • Sad 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Happy Sunday.   Dh is heading home in the pouring rain.   Since I took off yesterday to hang with mom, I really need to do some work on classes today.  Right after I finish my tea and read all my WTM tabs.  

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

It's been a long, hard week. This week will hopefully be better. One of my kitties passed yesterday, and so I've been dealing with knowing that was coming all week on top of a lot of revision work and no time for drafting.

Also having a ton of trouble getting onto this thread lately. So my check-ins may be more sporadic.

  • Sad 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Wheres Toto said:

I need to just look at your posts for my weather reports.  As usual, we get the same weather as you 12 to 24 hours later.   We have torrential rain coming down now with all kinds of flood warnings. 

It's hard to believe there is any rain left in those clouds!  

One branch of the main river nearby has flooded and closed some streets.  We haven't seen this much flooding since The Great Flood of 2010.  (Though that was much, much worse.)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Critterfixer said:

It's been a long, hard week. This week will hopefully be better. One of my kitties passed yesterday, and so I've been dealing with knowing that was coming all week on top of a lot of revision work and no time for drafting.

Also having a ton of trouble getting onto this thread lately. So my check-ins may be more sporadic.

I'm sorry about your kitty.  🙁

Also, Slache seems to hold the secrets to the ITT entry portal.

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Critterfixer said:

It's been a long, hard week. This week will hopefully be better. One of my kitties passed yesterday, and so I've been dealing with knowing that was coming all week on top of a lot of revision work and no time for drafting.

Also having a ton of trouble getting onto this thread lately. So my check-ins may be more sporadic.

Press dis.

485387565_Screenshot_20210323-0930472.thumb.png.a401c6def5c7dfa5e73cfe2f69d524d9.png

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...