Menu

Good Morning!

Happy Friday!

I have not gotten to sleep before 3 any night this week. 😞 And, with the exception of a couple of hours last evening, I've had this headache every waking moment since Sunday. 😞 

I think it might be a Fake It Till You Make It kind of day.

ETA: Friday Booyah!

Edited by Junie
  • Sad 4
  • Replies 193.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Jean in Newcastle

• Susan in TN

• KrissiK

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You know, saying "ignore this thread" to this group is like saying "don't push the big red button!" 

Homeschoolers.     They always think the rules don't apply to them.

Coming out of my long time lurking because I couldn't ignore this thread..  :leaving:

Posted Images

Good morning!

I like fluffy bunns and sticky bunns, but not together.

Krissi, did they get off to the airport OK?  Hope they have a great trip!

I have an appointment with an obgyn today for the first time since my youngest was born.  Oh joy.  At some point I must make myself deal with the pantry because it is a major disaster.

Coffee!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning!!!!!!

COFFEE!!!!~D

Friday!!!!

School and work!!!

Susan, they leave tonight, and Junie, I think they will get to see most of the usual things. They did have to take New York off the itinerary because they’d have to quarantine, but other than that.... well, now, I’m not sure exactly now that I think about it.  I’ll let you know as they report back.

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 4
43 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

Junie, any chance for a telemed appt for your headache?

I don't know...

Right now I can't even remember my neurologist's name.  😉

• Sad 2

Morning.  I'm sitting here to the sounds of drills and hammering, with random shut-offs of the power and internet.   They are still working on the laundry room and kitchen walls today.  It's going to look really nice when done.  

• Like 6
5 minutes ago, Spudater said:

Giving high school art credit for burning a map of Middle Earth into the dining room table would be the most homeschool thing ever, lol.

My kids did Lichtenberg images (basically homemade lightning etched in wood).  Very dangerous.  But pretty cool as well. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
1 minute ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

My kids did Lichtenberg images (basically homemade lightning etched in wood).  Very dangerous.  But pretty cool as well. 

She loves drawing with pens so I thought it might be up her alley.

• Like 2
42 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I think I remember that!

Jeannie for President!

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 4

In other news, dd17 and I went to a lecture as part of a college visit weekend.  The speaker is an author and she talked about creativity and art.  She was awesome.  I thought of Critter when she talked a bit about writers groups and editorial interpretation and criticism.  

I am fairly certain this is the school dd will want to go to if she is accepted and we can swing the financials.  It is very different from most schools - they offer one degree and study the trivium and quadrivium - essentially what university was "way back in the day".

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 5
6 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

No one is taking this thread seriously!

I had to finish up progress reports.  And then we got takeout for dinner. And now we’re watching sportsball. Go Dodgers. I have to take DH & DD to school in 5 hours. I think I won’t go to sleep first. I’ll just wait till I get home.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Good morning!

I am going on a 7 or 8 mile hike with the girls and their Scout patrol.  Wearing my backpack weighted for practice.  Dh is taking dd17 to the college thing this morning.  She has writers club after that and then the kids have a youth group bonfire tonight.  

Coffee!

• Like 4
13 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

I was the 6:00 swim taxi and dh was the 9:00 swim taxi - complete with breakfast from chik fil a!  🎉

Chick fil a breakfast sounds like it was well-earned!

• Like 3

When I measured today I lost an inch off my hips and three off my abdomen. I don't think that can be right. I think I must not have measured consistently. My pants feel a little looser but not that loose!  Still, good that it appears to be going in the right direction.

• Thanks 7

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!!!~D

Saturday!!!!

Well, we got DH and DS off to school at 1:00am and was in bed by 2:00. I slept till 9:00. DH texted me from the airport and sent me a picture of all the girls who were going. There are 5 girls. The numbers really dwindled from last spring, but it is an adorable picture and I think the girls are going to have a good time. Another dad was on the trip, so hopefully DH will make a friend, too. He really needs a break. Work has been kind of stressful. This trip is perfect. There are no decisions to be made at all. You just get on the bus, go here, go there. They even pre-ordered their meals.

No, we didn’t get to finish “Enola Holmes.” We will tonight after the baseball game. That’s a really cute movie and the actor who plays Sherlock is sure good-looking!!

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
34 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!!!~D

Saturday!!!!

Well, we got DH and DS off to school at 1:00am and was in bed by 2:00. I slept till 9:00. DH texted me from the airport and sent me a picture of all the girls who were going. There are 5 girls. The numbers really dwindled from last spring, but it is an adorable picture and I think the girls are going to have a good time. Another dad was on the trip, so hopefully DH will make a friend, too. He really needs a break. Work has been kind of stressful. This trip is perfect. There are no decisions to be made at all. You just get on the bus, go here, go there. They even pre-ordered their meals.

No, we didn’t get to finish “Enola Holmes.” We will tonight after the baseball game. That’s a really cute movie and the actor who plays Sherlock is sure good-looking!!

I hope they have a good time!  And it is a beautiful time of year to visit.  The leaves will be so pretty!

• Like 4

Good Afternoon, 

I was kicked out of the house today since they have to move stuff and there's no where to put it except where I would sit.   They are ripping out the ceiling sheetrock and replacing it and the insulation.   Our house is going to be almost completely new by the time this is all done (not a bad thing).  

My covid test was negative so classes are back on for Monday but I have to set up remote options for the kids who are on quarantine.   I guess it's not bad to have systems in place in case we get here again. 

• Like 6
2 hours ago, Slache said:

There's a printer that works with Alexa. I don't see that working. "Alexa, print the PDF from www dot website dot com forward slash M X 4 2 B..."

I recently got an email that said my printer is now connected to Alexa.  And can be helpful in all kinds of stupid crap like printing out a grocery list.  I asked dh to end that relationship.  We only have an Alexa dot thing and it is never turned on.  I should probably throw it out.

• Like 1