Menu

Ignore this thread!

1 hour ago, Another Lynn said:

Happy Friday!

(((Junie)))

Susan, glad you're getting to rest.  How are those breathing exercises going?  

Slachey can't find the portal or rather it's just not working for her.  

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend.  

Breathing exercises are stupid and they hurt. But it's getting better.  I have to do them every hour. When I cough I sound like Lorraine from Mad TV. 😂

Edited by Susan in TN

I finally got on!  It took a bunch of tries. 

I'm glad it's Friday but I'm being lazy and not planning classes like I should be.  I'll do it tomorrow.  

I had a book sale today that other than those of us selling, nobody came.   Lots of comments (to someone else asking what happened to everyone, in a post) about forgetting the date and not having seen anything about it.   Homeschoolers can be so flaky.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Dh had a remote starter installed in my car today.  I can't wait for winter when it makes sense to use it.  🙂

Tomorrow I"m meeting oldest dd to workout in the morning, then coming home for breakfast and to get youngest dd for another hang-out with her friend.  It's nice to see her having IRL social time.  She has a lot of online social time with a core group of friends but IRL is nice too.  

• Like 3

I'm trying to remember all the things I've wanted to post the past few days but my brain is very foggy these days.  I kept forgetting words while chatting with the other moms selling at the book sale.  Just ---whoooosh---- out of my head.  

But hey!  Looks like I got a booya.  But I'm afraid to try and edit that post because things keep not loading here.        

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Dh is taking the week off work next week and is asking me what house projects he should work on.  The light in our closet has been broken forever and the bifold doors to the "laundry room" haven't worked properly in ages.  Maybe try pressure washing the siding on the house.  Oh, and he was going to replace the front storm door.

That should be plenty.  It feels like 1am though it's not even 9.  Imma go to sleep anyway.

• Like 3

Good morning!

Dh gave pup a trim last night and something was bugging him all night - restless and panting and shaking his head.  He finally settled down for a while and slept but now he's agitated again.

Dh has to do all the things today - dog park, dog training class, ds to scouts, and picking up friend to come over after that.  I have a zoom mandolin class that maybe I'll feel up to joining.

Coffee!

• Like 3

Dh installed a new storm door with a doggy door in it and it is the BEST THING EVER!!!  Our dog is one of those that constantly wants in and out.   Now he can go in and out to his hearts content.   Plus the storm door is pretty solid otherwise and has a lock so the kids can have just that closed when they are "watching" the dog too.   (our neighborhood/town are super safe, violent crime rate of less than 1 per year so "locking" doors is more to help them feel less anxiety, they are old enough to be outside while home alone).  

• Like 3

I have no real pain today!  And also my body is not feeling weirdly hot like it has been the past couple days.  Still doing very little, but trying to be up and moving around a couple times every hour.

A friend of ds16 is coming over in a little while, so I'm going to make myself scarce.  

• Like 4

dd ended up hanging out with her friend for 5 hours today, while I hung out with her mom chatting.   The girls are actually very very similar.  It was nice.

Now I'm tired.  That was a lot of one-on-one peopling for me with someone outside my family.   I also got no work done but I'm too tired to do it now so I'm going to go take a shower, have some dinner, read my book (and the rest of the boards), and just do lots of work tomorrow.  

• Like 4

Good morning!

The family has gone to church and I am home.

@Slache I dreamed last night that you were concerned that the SAT was scheduled for June 2nd and John was not available that day.  I tried to tell you that really, there is no need for him to take the SAT yet and instead you all should just go camping with us.  Plus, someone was making peach cobbler.

I need to take a shower, but am afraid to get the incision wet. Surgeon's instructions say that it is OK, but I still might cover it a bit.

Coffee!

• Like 3

Morning.  Happy Sunday.  I was woken to the lovely sounds of hammering.   Just as well, I have a lot of work to do and it's better if I don't stay in bed all day.  

Somehow ds is managing to sleep through the hammering.  Even when it was right outside his window.   Teenagers be crazy.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Carolina Wren said:

I walked with friends I hadn't seen IRL since maybe the end of 2019! We talked (and admired the flora and fauna) so much we did a 49-minute mile. 🤣

Testing tomorrow.

We're testing tomorrow, too.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

I don't understand how this is even possible!  On the other hand, maybe they are all uber-geniuses! 

Eating Easter bunnies feet first is not uber-genius.  It is wrong.  I gave dd14 a pass because she's a lefty and does a lot of things backward. 😉

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Junie said:

Eating Easter bunnies feet first is not uber-genius.  It is wrong.  I gave dd14 a pass because she's a lefty and does a lot of things backward. 😉

Oh, my dd14 is also a lefty!  I will have to tell her she has an ITT kindred spirit.  😊

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Oh, my dd14 is also a lefty!  I will have to tell her she has an ITT kindred spirit.  😊

Do you have lefties in your family?

My step-grandma, a step-cousin, and my (half) brother were/are lefties.  It is likely that my brother gets his lefty-ness from my step-grandma (his biological grandma).  There are no other lefties that we know of; dd14 is the only one.

6 minutes ago, Junie said:

My step-grandma, a step-cousin, and my (half) brother were/are lefties.  It is likely that my brother gets his lefty-ness from my step-grandma (his biological grandma).  There are no other lefties that we know of; dd14 is the only one.

Dh has a lefty nephew and I have a lefty uncle, but that's all we know.

• Like 1

Morning.  It's Monday.   I know its the queen's favorite day but I could do without them coming quite so frequently.  

It should be a pretty good day.  Only one student for Algebra and we may be starting probability today.   Only two other classes since my computer class is done.   Then home to work on the rest of the week (since I got so little done Saturday) and get a jump on next week (since I get my 2nd Pfizer shot on Sunday and want to prepare for being tired/achy/whatever as much as possible).  

I joined Weight Watchers yesterday.  I need to do something.  I'm at the highest I've ever been.   I'm also going to set myself reminders and try to do some more exercising at the end of the day.  I do the Tai Chi/Yoga/walking every morning (sometimes with dd, sometimes alone), but I don't do anything too strenuous because I don't go back home and don't want to be all sweaty while teaching classes.    At the end of the day I'm usually pretty wiped but can probably handle 15 minutes of something to start.  I was doing Leslie Sansone walking videos, or Fitness Marshall videos or I could just hit the punching bag for 15 minutes or take a quick brisk walk.   I think I need to also start walking while dd is at TKD again now that the weather is getting better.  

• Like 4

I've been trying to lose weight, too.  I'd really like to lose about 50 pounds.

In February I started walking with Leslie Sansone videos.  I have been walking 2 or 3 miles most nights, usually while watching something on Disney+.  Three miles takes 45 minutes.

I have found that the best time for me to exercise is right before bed.  This way I'm sure that I have enough energy for other things in my life that need to be done (like making dinner).  After I walk I like to hop in the shower and then right into bed.

• Like 4

Good morning!  (It's The Queen's Favorite Day!)

These kids and their chocolate eating! It's like "where are we going and why am I in this handbasket?" 😂

I have done some walking and core/strength exercise videos from fabulous50s this winter.  I like them pretty well - they were recommended by my health coach.  I need to start walking again on the treadmill.  I'm a little nervous about it because I can't hold my head up straight yet and I worry about losing my balance.

Happy testing to all the testers this week!

Coffee!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

8:30 AM: I've turned off the phones, etc., and no work is scheduled for the bathroom today. We sit at the school table and start the ITBS, with DS feeling a bit anxious.

8:42 AM: Tree-shredding trucks arrive at the neighbor's house. Our living room floor begins to vibrate.

*sigh*

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!!~D

Monday!!😩😩😩😩😩

The Portal opened. I cannot believe it. I tried and tried all weekend, but all I got was a whole lot of nothin’!!!

Had a so-so weekend. I got my second Covid shot on Saturday. I thought I was going to skate by without any side effects, but Sunday morning in church I started feeling not so good. I spent all yesterday afternoon in bed. I wasn’t feeling horrible, but just achy and had a headache. I think I feel better this morning.

The tree guys finished Friday. They took out 5 humongous trees, and you can hardly tell. Three huge palms, a cedrus deodora and a redwood.   They worked hard. It was horribly expensive (but it had to be done) and they earned every penny. 

School and work this week. I get my hair done on Wednesday.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Junie said:

Baby is a lefty. She has horrible handwriting, but that’s about it.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Junie said:

I've been trying to lose weight, too.  I'd really like to lose about 50 pounds.

In February I started walking with Leslie Sansone videos.  I have been walking 2 or 3 miles most nights, usually while watching something on Disney+.  Three miles takes 45 minutes.

I have found that the best time for me to exercise is right before bed.  This way I'm sure that I have enough energy for other things in my life that need to be done (like making dinner).  After I walk I like to hop in the shower and then right into bed.

How do you watch Leslie Sansone videos and Disney+ at the same time?  Or are you walking on a treadmill or something and no longer doing the videos?

I evidently have become a morning person sometime in the past few years but I can't do sweaty exercise in the morning since I do it at the science center and don't have time to go home and shower.   

• Like 3