Menu

Go outside and look South to see Saturn, Jupiter, and the moon all lined up.  

It's s Lunar Conjunction Booyah!

This is the thread that never ends,

It just goes on and on my friends.

People started posting not knowing what it was,

And they will keep on posting here forever just because...

This is the thread that never ends

You'd best come join it with your friends

'Cuz it will replace Facebook as the latest web-based craze

And everyone will post here instead for the rest of their days

This is the thread that's always there

They'll cheer you up so don't despair

The group is growing well as more people start checking in

And we'll keep sucking them in because our cheer is addictive

It's better than a Mercedes Benz

It helps with coffee withdrawal and other troubles, too

Eighteen hundred pages of friends all cheering for you

This thread keeps going on and on

with record-setting length and fun

It started forty-eight months ago from curiosity

and all the fun and frolic has shown this is the place to be

This is the thread that never ends...

And the place where one finds special friends,

the kind that have hearts that are strong and true

Yes, ITT ladies, I am talking to you! 

Yeah, it's superior to other trends

Friends start out scratching their head in confusion, perhaps

But then the laughter strikes and they gratefully tip their caps.

I had no idea when I entered in

That what seems a little nuts might actually save me

From going insane on days that are crazy 🤗

This is the thread that never ends....

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 3
  • Replies 193.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Jean in Newcastle

• Susan in TN

• KrissiK

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You know, saying "ignore this thread" to this group is like saying "don't push the big red button!" 

Homeschoolers.     They always think the rules don't apply to them.

Cardiologist report: this doc was a major answer to prayer. He was appalled at the lack of communication from the previous doctor and apologized profusely even though it wasn't his fault. Dd's heart

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Junie said:

I took a quick trip outside, but couldn't find the moon.  I saw some stars and airplanes, so it's not super cloudy.

Maybe we don't have a moon here anymore. 😞

The moon was never real! Get with it. The projector must be broken.

• Haha 5
57 minutes ago, Junie said:

I took a quick trip outside, but couldn't find the moon.  I saw some stars and airplanes, so it's not super cloudy.

Maybe we don't have a moon here anymore. 😞

I think the moon might have set already.  Or the projector broke.  You'll have another chance tomorrow.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Good morning!

What happened with Sportsball?

Dh has a fancy camera, so he can get fancier pictures.

Why are planks so hard?  They look like they should be so easy.  Just sitting there.  I held one for 45 seconds on my elbows and nearly died.  But not quite, due to regulations.

I need to drop off the high schoolers at tutorial and then go to Aldi.

Coffee!

• Like 5
21 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

For tonight and tomorrow, courtesy of Classical Astronomy.

6ADECA1A-1FDA-4160-B87B-1E4E0E64E652.png

You know, it kind of creeps me out when I really think about the fact that we’re all just floating around in space, and I know there is a lot of space between us, but those huge old planets are out there, too, and we’re all just orbiting the sun and there’s all this other space out there and it just keeps going on forever and we’re just floating along on our little planet, like some tiny little life raft in a huge ocean.

That is all.

• Like 5

Mr. Ellie is having cataract surgery this morning on his left eye; he'll have surgery on the other one in a couple of weeks. I am not allowed to be there with him; I dropped him off and came home to wait. On the up side, the surgery center is only about 10 minutes from our house, so there's that.

• Like 8

Morning.   

I'm home today.  I had a student test positive on Monday.  Technically I wasn't a "close contact" but we decided to shut down for the rest of the week pending results of my test to be on the safe side.  I had to notify about 100 families first thing yesterday morning.   Luckily the kid was in the last class of the day, after the other teacher had left when there were no younger kid classes going on.  He also sat in the back of the room so was farther away from most of the group.   But still.   I was hoping it would be a little longer before we got to this point.   

I could be getting so much done with my "free" time except they are working inside the house today putting up sheetrock.  The outside of the house is done, they need to put in some windows, and then indoor sheetrock (only in laundry nook and kitchen/dining area) and they are done.   The finishing off of the sheetrock, new kitchen cabinets, and new siding aren't being done until later.   

I'm going to clean out the snake's tank, go to the science center and feed the turtle, cockroaches and fish, then bring the snake home.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
1 hour ago, Ellie said:

Mr. Ellie is having cataract surgery this morning on his left eye; he'll have surgery on the other one in a couple of weeks. I am not allowed to be there with him; I dropped him off and came home to wait. On the up side, the surgery center is only about 10 minutes from our house, so there's that.

Praying for Mr. Ellie.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, KrissiK said:

You know, it kind of creeps me out when I really think about the fact that we’re all just floating around in space, and I know there is a lot of space between us, but those huge old planets are out there, too, and we’re all just orbiting the sun and there’s all this other space out there and it just keeps going on forever and we’re just floating along on our little planet, like some tiny little life raft in a huge ocean.

That is all.

And for me, that's almost a restful feeling. There's so much out there. 

• Like 3

For my un-nirthday, we are going to the lake later this afternoon. Nothing big planned for dinner, but I'm thinking ahead to Thanksgiving, and the turtle's nirthday. Thinking about what we can have here, and seeing if I can talk everyone in the family into having their meal at home, and then getting together later when we can all visit without needing to deal with having a meal and everyone sitting close together. 

• Like 6

FIL update.

For anyone not following the Covid situation it's a disease causing virus and most people don't get the disease, just the virus. This is why most people get a cough, fever and possible gastrointestinal symptoms while others need a ventilator or other intensive treatments. FIL got diagnosed with the virus in Marchish (I don't remember) and he started going really downhill in July (I posted about it) and today was diagnosed with the disease. He has brain damage and more. Today he was diagnosed with the disease and he is getting immunoglobulin. This is excellent news.

• Sad 6
3 hours ago, KrissiK said:

That is all.

Ds15 has always struggled with anxiety over anything space-related.  He's better now, but will make a quick exit when possible if the topic comes up.

3 hours ago, Ellie said:

How is Mr. Ellie?  Everything go OK?

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Slache said:

FIL update.

For anyone not following the Covid situation it's a disease causing virus and most people don't get the disease, just the virus. This is why most people get a cough, fever and possible gastrointestinal symptoms while others need a ventilator or other intensive treatments. FIL got diagnosed with the virus in Marchish (I don't remember) and he started going really downhill in July (I posted about it) and today was diagnosed with the disease. He has brain damage and more. Today he was diagnosed with the disease and he is getting immunoglobulin. This is excellent news.

Is the brain damage due to lack of oxygen?

59 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Is the brain damage due to lack of oxygen?

No. Covid-19 attacks organs and went for his brain. A lot of people are dying from multi-organ inflammatory syndrome, liver failure, things like that. It's extremely common for older people to experience brain damage from this. I don't mean common in the medical sense, because it's not very widespread yet so we haven't reached those numbers, but if someone over 65 gets Covid-19 they are likely to have neurological problems.

• Like 3

It reminds me a lot of an autoimmune disease. It tends to attack what is getting the most attention. If you get a virus is often attacks the lungs because that's what is being repaired. In the elderly it tends to attack the brain because their brain requires a lot more attention than a younger person. In pregnant women it attacks the placenta. Stillbirths are up 50% from February. The medication that they are giving most people is the same medication given for several autoimmune diseases.

Edited by Slache
  • Like 3
25 minutes ago, Slache said:

No. Covid-19 attacks organs and went for his brain. A lot of people are dying from multi-organ inflammatory syndrome, liver failure, things like that. It's extremely common for older people to experience brain damage from this. I don't mean common in the medical sense, because it's not very widespread yet so we haven't reached those numbers, but if someone over 65 gets Covid-19 they are likely to have neurological problems.

I have heard of even younger people getting "covid rage", which I assume is connected to the nervous system.  Praying for your FIL and family.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
10 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

I have heard of even younger people getting "covid rage", which I assume is connected to the nervous system.  Praying for your FIL and family.

Ah! Geez. How awful. His... nephew(?) is the head neurologist at the hospital? I don't remember all the peoples but he's related to the head neurologist, head... X ray scanner person, his nurse did his LP because she's the best in the state. Everyone in the family is a doctor but him. There are like 16 doctors in his family or something crazy like that. He is getting the absolute best care. He's getting in home treatment and probably rehab and stuff. Nephew got the same special treatment. Thank you.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Another Lynn said:

(((Slache’s FIL))). I’m so glad he’s receiving good care and treatment. 

If only he could have gotten his chemo at this hospital he would not be in a wheelchair right now.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
25 minutes ago, Spudater said:

Edpo again

Whinepo

Maybe I need a different prealgebra. Thinking about it makes my head hurt.

This is why my kids aren't getting math past grade school.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
37 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

DD and DH are leaving tomorrow night. Well, actually really early on Saturday morning. Their flight leaves LA at 8:15am, so they are leaving here at 1:30am.

I hope they have a wonderful trip!  I'll be interested to find out what they get to see!

• Like 3
9 hours ago, Slache said:

I like men's butts.

8 hours ago, Slache said:

This is why my kids aren't getting math past grade school.

You are to go to your room and think about your priorities, young lady!  And just go to bed early while you're in there!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4